test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most complicated class

Comments

• lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DC in mod5 because of the absurdely circonvoluted and counter-intuitive system of three different status of each power.
    HR for the Melee/range duality.

But the difference is, HR's complexity brings a rich gameplay with nice combos, while for DC the complexity is only a burden.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    GWF is the easiest.
    I recommend everyone if new to mmo/rpg!
    Someone is giving it to his 8 year old child and can't tell the difference.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gwf is the easiest.
    I recommend everyone if new to mmo/rpg!
    Someone is giving it to his 8 year old child and can't tell the difference.

gwf smash! Rawr!
  • sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    CW or DC classes are "difficult" to play in PvE or PvP?????? just ROFL a those delusional players. But well, this is just a show of why non-GWF-players think that our class is "perfectly balance".

@Zvieris: and do not forget that GWF-class deal the same amount of damage as other classes do with DOUBLE AMOUNT OF THEIR POWER... which is a SHAME

You should answer question, question is not which class is the strongest but which class is the hardest to build up out of his max potential. GWF PVE is one of the easiest to build up of max potential, you don't need multi gift respawn to get the highest potential at least on pve part. PVP GWF part is harder.
    CW is one of the hardest to build up to max potential on the build part since most feat are not very clear but also rely on many combo build to release his max power. (that why even with two same geared CW you can still have a world appart in efficiency. on that i giveone thing V4-5 Cw is easier than v3 at least). HR on opposite his still not that hard to build up in feat term but on opposite is harder to play with for max potential (distant switch and attack can be quite not easy to grasp to get high efficiency
    edited December 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    You should answer question, question is not which class is the strongest but which class is the hardest to build up out of his max potential. GWF PVE is one of the easiest to build up of max potential, you don't need multi gift respawn to get the highest potential at least on pve part. PVP GWF part is harder.
    CW is one of the hardest to build up to max potential on the build part since most feat are not very clear but also rely on many combo build to release his max power. (that why even with two same geared CW you can still have a world appart in efficiency. on that i giveone thing V4-5 Cw is easier than v3 at least). HR on opposite his still not that hard to build up in feat term but on opposite is harder to play with for max potential (distant switch and attack can be quite not easy to grasp to get high efficiency

HHHMMMMM

If only someone had written a guide about how to build a great CW to high potential, we wouldn't have this problem.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    HHHMMMMM

If only someone had written a guide about how to build a great CW to high potential, we wouldn't have this problem.

I see what you did there :p. Writing the guide is all nice and dandy...only 1 out of maybe 100 of us ever reads it though, so maybe you should write a guide on how to read it next :p
    edited December 2014
    And, again, you are making a fool of yourself due you are trying to explain a thing that you do not understand at all. But, again, and seems like i were right, i said "most of you just see 'Intimidation' " previously which is really sad. Also, like i said to Chemboy, is just easy to show off: any of you rise a GWF and a CW, get all boons, get T2 gear and go into the first hallaway and try to get to the door with both classes, just that.

Which one? Build based on 50k+ crits with shard (previously, it were around 100k+ crit shard) ? the (now) almost-perma-lock one? the one based on "Chill Presence"? and there are 2 more left (i think) which i do not remember quite well right now.

Think he was referring to his really long comprehensive guide [ http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?790541-Chem-s-Comprehensive-Mod-5-CW-Guide ] which I read once and I can't remember 50% of the content of but I couldn't be bothered to go back and read again, due to its length. (sorry, but its true chem :p) It is a brilliant read-through, very well composed, however it isn't something I would recommend reading before bed or when you bored, you need a clear head to digest that stuff.
    edited December 2014
    Ops, didnt know a thing about that. My apologies, then and i said nothing to him. ^^U

Heheheh XD

Read and let me know if you have any questions. Most other guides are outdated.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    gwf smash! Rawr!

Yes even the Incredible Hulk can play Gwf!
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep gwf is not complicated at all, that's troll votes. You run to the target, you press whatever AtWill or Encounter key, you die OS-ed by an archer foe or in a dragonling AOE, you resurrect at campfire, you gob a major kit, you riddle your mount, go back to the same target if it has not been killed by the group yet, rinse and repeat.
    Sequence does not matter, unlike a CW who will tend to cc first and then deliver damage rather than the opposite. Or a TR who has to stealth and then hit and then find another target and so on.
    Gwf does not have to bother with sequences. IBS at 30% HP is hardly a sequence, and Domi after two preparatory no-damage encounters is more an exploit than a sequence. Run, hit, die, campfire, not complicated at all.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm ignoring discuss this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because many of the problems against gwf is projective hate and not a real game threat (the "boss" need to pay attention to it) but ...

the destroyer for example if "push buttons" do not do anything. to have only 50% of your average perfomance, you need to accumulate determination first, and then accumulate stacks, to then have some dps. What seems simple from the point of view of another class.

the problem that most rational people in this thread points on the destroyer is: you only have 3 ways of packing determination. or an initial volume of damage / suffer damage / roar-ds.

But the initial volume of damage is low (gwf has a horrible base) which in itself excludes threat. And considering the insane amount of actual damage and the radius of the current classes, it is difficult to strike multiple targets with a low range Atwill (This is a direct consequence of the nerf to the singularity of the cw). In addition, gwf loses damage per target (ie no tradeoff feet).

Single target 0 stacks is simply painful. Ignoring the fact that another source of damage, the class feature destroyer+feet, only has a 25% chance of getting 1-3 stacks and this class feature is not guaranteed by dots / slam / spinning strike, and the avalanch of steel simply exceeds the limit time (3 secs)... another good options? no.

About passive mode to acquire determination, now you need take a large percentage of damage to have determination ... which forces you to improvise. Add to this, roar / ds only have an efficiency aoe.

gwf not have a encounter full refill like rogue, even in aoe scenario. If a destroyer just "press buttons" in pvp, this is due to "strategic" nerfs made by gentlemancrush (he works hard only to destroy the class).

So in short (will not even comment mark/other class features, etc): gwf is not "complicated", but has a complex problem which after the game changes and nerfs, retroactively, makes him complicated (or bad). AND is meh even in full perfomance. individual efforts are not rewarded.
    edited December 2014
    note: I'd rather looks like the hulk than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOiEmX9tdY

my god... you find everything on youtube.
  • lweistardlemon01lweistardlemon01 Banned Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thread closed because tards think any class here has complications. this is a f-n mmo. all class are ez pz lemon squeezee.

nubtards.
    edited December 2014
    I think that people who say GWF is hard to play are misunderstanding the poll. Let's make a distinction here.

The question about "what class is complicated" i.e. in terms of mechanics. GWF mechanics are incredibly simple. They don't have to change stances like a HR, they don't have to time/posistion to control their encounters the way a CW does, they don't have to magane divinity and empowered the way a DC does, and i would argue that they don't have to manage aggro the way a GF does. Yes, some GWF try to "tank" but that's not what the class is designed for, nor is it what it's good at.

In addition the tab mechanic is painfully easy. How do you build determination? oh you get hit a few times, then you get an attack boost and maybe a heal (unstopable recovery is a feat i am fond of). Great. Most of GWF encoutners are also "hit the thing i am facing right now" encounters. They are not praticularly difficult to target, have long cast times, control the mobs in much of a way at all. It is, after all, "hit things with big sword."

Now the people in this thread have accurately pointed out that GWF has been nerfed to hell, mostly due to PvP whining. Like all things, when the devs listen to PvP whining they normally mess up PvE balance. GWF is an underpowered class. Your damage is pitiful without stacks. This means to do adequate damage you more or less have to go AoW/Perfect vorpal/Indimidation build and all other builds are just underpowered. My GWF (SM/Instigator), because I refuse to play cookie cutter build, has rather disappointing damage, even with a 17.5k GS and decent stats. I shouldn't be forced to build 10k power, use ONE specific enchant and ONE specific build to do good damage.

But that is NOT because GWF is "complciated to play." That is poor feat design and poor class balancing. This is why my two poll results are consistent. GWF has simple, easy mechanics, but are underpowered in general.

Hence the problem people are complaining in this thread aren't really answering the OP's question.

Though I do admit, after playing so much CW and thinking "how much do i pull? what angle do i take? which rotation sets up my teammates? what are the mobs doing right now?, how do i like them up for max team DPS? how many targets are there? Oh ****, i can't get hit by that! is this shard going to make things better or worse? how do i stack my debuffs?" when i switch to GWF and think "RUN INTO THINGS AND SMASH" it is nice and refreshing to not have to worry about much else but hit things with big sword.
    edited December 2014
    repeat again:

"So in short (will not even comment mark/other class features, etc): gwf is not "complicated", but has a complex problem which after the game changes and nerfs, retroactively, makes him complicated (or bad)."

other things were explained. you can see under a simplistic point the same way I see cw a simplistic point. I am not discussing the fanaticism of player (or your hate). for me, play cw is just jump, shot some encounters, and passives do the job (any biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig post change that). in the past, prepared shard, shot coi, shot shard. broken feets do the diference (my blue gear cw do +/- 100k aoe in party). the diference is: the domain of cw in this game is a FACT. THIS IS NOT INDIVIDUAL EFFORT, THE CLASS HAVE ALL THE TOOLS. the rest is just projection.
  • ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    note: I'd rather looks like the hulk than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOiEmX9tdY

my god... you find everything on youtube.

I lol'd so hard I spit out my coffee.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
    edited December 2014
    Comparing CW's running around CN to GWF's running around in CN is a redundant comparison, because CN is like CW playground, the way it is designed inherently plays into the CW's way of playing. Making such a comparison is the same as comparing The way a CW handles eSoT to the way a GWF handles eSoT, as eSoT falls far further into the favour of the GWF then into the CW. Also, even if you do find CW far easier to play, it is probably just because the content you are doing is content designed for CW's (T1, T2 or CN) and playing through content designed for that class is going to, guess what, require less skill then playing it with another class. For the same reason, soloing Garrakus in eSoT is insanely difficult for a CW (I do think its possible though, although I haven't done it, you just need to dodge every single burst attack) but easier for a GWF. Try doing eSoT with your CW rather then your GWF and you will find there is more to the class then you immediately think and just because the base game doesn't demand it so much, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Also...as to running around like a CW in CN, it is very possible for GWF's to do it, even if you haven't. I know of 2 GWF's who have done it, although I am not sure how their build differs from yours. I don't think GWF's can solo the draco though. I also doubt chem does his testing in CT, but you can ask him that and read some of chem's work :p

There is no way that GWF is more complicated then CW, it is definately a much less powerful class, but it is also less complicated. However, CW is far from the most complicated, although I would say its more complex then TR, GWF and possibly SW.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My god, so many ignorant ppl telling others what's complicated and what's not while having no clue at all. Try tanking with a GWF then come back and tell me that it was easy. I dare you.
    edited December 2014
    My only problem is: i dont know reapeat 3 feets of cw now, so.... How in the past for exemple, i do so much damage if the class was so complex? (the story of "complexity of cw is old).

and how people say gwf is so easy if the description of the class is 90% of the time inaccurate or unrealistic?

people do so many projections like "brain vs muscles", "david vs goliath", "small balls vs huge Falic sword" (huehuehueheu), but this is just a stereotype. the reality of this game goes far from it.

if what pleases you guys are symbols and mental tics and not reality itself, ok, "cw is very complex." I just hope that for the devs the existence of gwf don't serve to strengthen this. you know, devs ... if there is no antagonism...
    edited December 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    My god, so many ignorant ppl telling others what's complicated and what's not while having no clue at all. Try tanking with a GWF then come back and tell me that it was easy. I dare you.

Ok, seeing as I am tired of people whining that GWF is more COMPLEX then other classes because it is underpowered, I thought I would post a few links which explain the DIFFERENCE between difficulty and complexity.

http://www.ncbtp.org/docs/critical_difference.pdf
    http://maverikeducation.blogspot.com/2014/03/difficulty-vs-complexity-whats.html

Difficulty: How hard it is to accomplish a task, translates broadly into effort put in, the harder something is, the more effort you must put in to accomplish it.
    Complexity: The degree of thought required to accomplish something.

Things can, like playing GWF, believe it or not, be both difficult as well as lacking in complexity. A simple in game example is performing a perma tr rotation as a WK rogue pre tiamat. You had to get your timing exactly right, but the task didn't require any complex thought processes or evaluations. In contrast, say for example, translate a mathematical formula into a computer program or come up with the general formula for the probability of event J occuring K times after N attempts. Obviously you could, in both cases, find some explanation of those things and learn them, but to be asked to do either without just learning it off by heart is a lot more complex, as you are having to engineer something you don't have available to you already. However, if in either of those examples, you had a good understanding of the mechanics involved in solving the problem. say the mechanics of probability, even if you don't know the general formula in that given example, you might easily be able to recreate it.

The fact that you might find yourself doing more damage as a CW is irrelevant, you could probably do even more damage as a CW if you had a deeper understanding of the class and the nuances involved in playing it. Whilst I will admit, the CW is not the most complex class, it is more complex then the GWF, which is one of the least complex classes there are. If damage dealt was inversely proportional to complexity (as you seem to be implying), then a buff DC, rather then these new dps hybrid dcs, would be the most complex, followed by tanks.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    eSoT falls far further into the favour of the GWF then into the CW.

Further from, you mean. A gwf dies many times in esot even before the last fight. 25k hp, negligible DR, pretty much anything kills you except the very tiny green dragons. Still even there the GWF is very simple to play, not complicated at all. Either you don't mind being dead all the time and you just do your usual stuff of getting at Melee range from the foes and waving your sword-shaped teaspoon, or you don't like to die and you stay away from everything, you're the passer-by. Very very simple.
    And there is no way to get better results by playing better, all the improvement in fight will come from an improvement of your gs. No learning to play your class, as the class, unlike most of the other classes in NWO, does not require any learning.
    English is not my first language.
    edited December 2014
    -snip-
    A wall of text about nothing. We're not solving equations here, we're playing a ****ing game here.
    edited December 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Further from, you mean. A gwf dies many times in esot even before the last fight. 25k hp, negligible DR, pretty much anything kills you except the very tiny green dragons. Still even there the GWF is very simple to play, not complicated at all. Either you don't mind being dead all the time and you just do your usual stuff of getting at Melee range from the foes and waving your sword-shaped teaspoon, or you don't like to die and you stay away from everything, you're the passer-by. Very very simple.
    And there is no way to get better results by playing better, all the improvement in fight will come from an improvement of your gs. No learning to play your class, as the class, unlike most of the other classes in NWO, does not require any learning.

Actually, the boss has one shot me trough 38k HP, 43% DR, 38% deflect, many times. Even when sprinting. Not to mention the big circles that 1-2 shots anyone, especially GWF as we have no dodge immunity at all.
    edited December 2014
    A wall of text about nothing. We're not solving equations here, we're playing a ****ing game here.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. true

this is beyond the imagination. next thread... hahahahaha

ps: "complexity and difficulty" often from all sides are being used as synonymous with rare notes that do not make distinctions perfect on what is actually discussing here. then, have fun, thefabricant.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Chess is kinda complex, and after you know all the rules it's hard to play in a way that makes you good at playing it; always using the best moves for every situation.

I want you guys to see the complexity of the mechanics of the class and 'sum' with the effort it takes for you to be a good player with that class, to a point that you always know what you should do in every moment. I want to know, according to your results, which class you guys think is the most complicated.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited December 2014

Obviously the concept of an example is too difficult for you to understand, as there is nothing complex about it. Whilst the example might fall outside of the topic discussed, the conclusions you can draw from it are still relevant. The text discusses the difference between difficulty and complexity, which does in fact, regardless of your preconceptions, opinions and general delusions, actually exist. However, I do feel the OP should better define what he means by complexity, so that there is little confusion between individuals.

Although, I can see from your responses and the responses of a few others that I am talking to brick walls here and have made no progress. So I shall endeavor no further on such a futile excursion. Shall we agree to disagree, and then move on?

and Zacazu, just because the 2 might commonly be interchanged doesn't mean there is no difference, it just shows a large scale example of what is called ignorance. Just because something is thought to be a certain way by a large number of people doesn't make it true, for example, when people thought the world was flat and would be willing to kill someone who said otherwise, it didn't change the fact that the world was in fact round.
    edited December 2014
    and Zacazu, just because the 2 might commonly be interchanged doesn't mean there is no difference, it just shows a large scale example of what is called ignorance..

no, sir. This is called informality.:( mmo thread, remember?

have a nice day.