test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calling out our lovely D&D experts (Vampire class)

2»

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    ogarious wrote: »
    Well, let me pose this question.....What about Ravenloft. How does the 5th ED deal with things over there. Or do they at all.
    You have to realize my knowledge of D&D dates back to the 3rd edition, honestly maybe more 2nd edition with 3rd coming out right as I became more interested in other things.
    The Forgotten Realms is now the Core D&D World, with 5th Edition. So all 5th Edition changes seen in the Realms will be reflected upon any Campaign Setting running 5th edition rules. Ravenloft has been discontinued as an active product after 3.5, so it does not have any official updated rules for 4th or 5th, save for something unrelated to vampires, which is the location of the Plane of Dread. There have been short stories and novels, but no core rules save for the location change of the Plane of Dread. So in effect, the vampires of Ravenloft never felt the effects of 4th edition's changes, unless the DM wished it. 5th edition lore for vampires went back, for the most-part, to how they were pre-4th edition.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Team Vampire vs Team Werewolf . . .

Man, I thought I was going to lose my mind when all that Twilight fascination was at peak levels. I found myself thinking a lot about silver bullets and wooden stakes . . .

Well I would eagerly rally all Neverwinter Heroes in a raid to wipe out all Twilight monstrosities... but some other literary and movie vampires are pretty cool without being cheesy.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • phoasphoas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Vampirism is an infliction, not a class. In Neverwinter, it would need to be a race, not a class. Better yet, it would need to be introduced how it is in D&D, as an infliction with pros and cons. Vampire player characters (and some NPCs) still have classes in D&D.

Neverwinter is based(loosely)on 4E. A Vampire class dose exist in 4E, so it could eventully be made for Neverwinter.
  • phoasphoas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Please stop asking to play kobolds, vampires, gnolls, minotaurs and whatever other MONSTER you decide to fancy for the day. It's really, in truth, disrespectful to the real fans of the genre.

weird all the stuff listed in this quote have appered as player races(or classes in the vampires case) in various rule books(or dragon articales) since 2E. Maby people asking for this stuff are just as real D&D fans as you and just like different things.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    phoas wrote: »
    Neverwinter is based(loosely)on 4E. A Vampire class dose exist in 4E, so it could eventully be made for Neverwinter.
    Actually, the CEO said on video (paraphrasing): "While it is technically based upon 4th edition, Neverwinter is actually its own edition." Still, that doesn't discount the fact that we are now in 5th Edition Lore. Lore trumps rules, always has in D&D.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please stop asking to play kobolds, vampires, gnolls, minotaurs and whatever other MONSTER you decide to fancy for the day. It's really, in truth, disrespectful to the real fans of the genre.

Sorry for being a fan of Neverwinter Nights instead of being "a real fan of the genre". I will never ever stop asking for kobold bards.

Also, this may be notsheriffsrs' best bait thread yet.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Team Vampire vs Team Werewolf . . .

I say give them both the boot and go Team Van Helsing.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ogarious wrote: »
    Well, let me pose this question.....What about Ravenloft. How does the 5th ED deal with things over there. Or do they at all.
    You have to realize my knowledge of D&D dates back to the 3rd edition, honestly maybe more 2nd edition with 3rd coming out right as I became more interested in other things.

Vampires and other monsters were never playable in ravenloft (unless a DM houseruled it of course). The setting is a gothic horror setting where the pcs are intended to fight against evil abominations. Non-evil vampires are an extremely rare exception, like Jander Sunstar.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    Sorry for being a fan of Neverwinter Nights instead of being "a real fan of the genre". I will never ever stop asking for kobold bards.

Also, this may be notsheriffsrs' best bait thread yet.

LOL! The thought of a kobold bard made me laugh. Can you imagine? :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    LOL! The thought of a kobold bard made me laugh. Can you imagine? :)

Yes we can!
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Deekin_Scalesinger
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh and while were at it why not add werewolves then you can have yourselves some bonafide team edward / jacob arguments.... :rolleyes:
  • jahrynjahryn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dark Age of Camelot made a vampire class .. they were self-buffed, life tapping little pains in the a$$es. That would be the best case scenario for this, might I say, HORRIBLE idea. It simply doesn't fit in the campaign setting though, and 4E was ridiculous to try to make vampire a class (which by the way was innately weak and useless in most campaigns)
  • saiuriefayesaiuriefaye Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I want this class!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Pretty sure that this has been covered at least once in this thread, but I'll reiterate before closing this down: As of 4E, vampire is NOT a class. It is an affliction.

Please refrain from resurrecting old threads. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.