test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Emergency Maintenance 11/21 at 7 AM PST (Completed)

Comments

• Options
    hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited November 2014
    frombeed wrote: »
    How about hiring some professional developers so you don't have so many issues all the time? Maybe hire some from Blizzard?

Really? You compare this game to Blizzard?
    You know the size-difference on this two games?
    I gotta say, I come from 7 years playing WoW, and i can tell you, I dont remember one single expansion release without the servers go boom.
    This things happen to most game at some point or another.
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The launcher had notification on it almost 24 hours ago that the so called 'emergency maintenance' was going to happen , the warning was given on the launcher and nowhere else , I would guess that is why people are annoyed that no blog post or forum thread was made to notify people who couldn't use the actual launcher.

It was announced on Gateway as well. But the maintenance started 15 mins earlier and my perfectly planned to be started profession tasks are off now :(

Ah, well, let the Polishers get some rest at least :D
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The launcher had notification on it almost 24 hours ago that the so called 'emergency maintenance' was going to happen , the warning was given on the launcher and nowhere else , I would guess that is why people are annoyed that no blog post or forum thread was made to notify people who couldn't use the actual launcher.

I used my launcher yesterday, say about 15-16 hours ago to download yesterday's patch, and there was nothing on it.

Then I had the game running.

And when I stopped playing, I did not pull up the launcher *again* to see if they'd put an announcement on it, because there was nothing on the Twitter or anything of the sort.

It's not a matter of "can't" use the launcher, but that it's really not an instinctive action to keep checking it for current information when I don't need to be using it to launch or patch the game.

The location where maintenances get posted on Gateway also happens to be an overview page that I only ever pull up by accident since it's an overview page and not a place where any actual character management happens.

Edit: The old news page format allowed posting a banner with maintenance times, and this is something I really have missed since they moved to the ARC homepage. My former go-to was just a quick refresh of the news page without having to pull up anything special or hope that the social media was current.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited November 2014
    By the way... I always log in in the middle of the maintenance to patch up. Always work.
    Now it do not.
    The unable to authenticate - is back.
    I do hope that its because the servers are down, but I have my doubts. I usually dont have issus with logging in and patch up when the servers are down...*sigh*
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    By the way... I always log in in the middle of the maintenance to patch up. Always work.
    Now it do not.
    The unable to authenticate - is back.
    I do hope that its because the servers are down, but I have my doubts. I usually dont have issus with logging in and patch up when the servers are down...*sigh*

There should be no patch today , they are running account maintenance.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I used my launcher yesterday, say about 15-16 hours ago to download yesterday's patch, and there was nothing on it.

Then I had the game running.

And when I stopped playing, I did not pull up the launcher *again* to see if they'd put an announcement on it, because there was nothing on the Twitter or anything of the sort.

I think it's the inconsistency of communications that is the most annoying- even more than the recent facepalm-inducing decisions.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the update!

Don't listen to the haters. They're selfish individuals who think the whole game is about what they want or think they need.

Keep up the good work!

Indeed, indeed! I am getting sick these days of the hateful posts that seem to stem from an emotional outburst as opposed to careful, mature thought . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Indeed, indeed! I am getting sick these days of the hateful posts that seem to stem from an emotional outburst as opposed to careful, mature thought . . .

Says the guy with Butter's as his avatar LMAO
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vyrokk wrote: »
    Says the guy with Butter's as his avatar LMAO

LOL! I chose my avatar for different reasons . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    just found it priceless lol
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    At least neverwinter had a community manager create a forum post. Sto the community managers seem to be mia.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There should be no patch today , they are running account maintenance.

Aha, then that might be the answer - I hope at least :)
    We will see
  • Options
    noctis617noctis617 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is it really 2 hours or 2 going on 4...Anyways i hope this lag from the new update will be dealt with :)
  • Options
    borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    vyrokk wrote: »
    just found it priceless lol
    Accidently missed one 0 when putting Ioun Stone up on Auction House: -500,000 AD
    Accidently Discarded a Vorpal Enchantment while moving it in Bag: -1,000,000 AD
    Can't log in to server: Priceless
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    noctis617 wrote: »
    Is it really 2 hours or 2 going on 4...Anyways i hope this lag from the new update will be dealt with :)

Yes. This is the real joy killer. Those who love the game will survive any ingenious decisions of the management but not an unplayable game.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Wagghhhhh maintenance extended by 25 minutes XD
  • Options
    puresurpluspuresurplus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Enchantment upgrades are indeed an issue. For those that don't want to pay-to-play, perhaps more epic drops are in order. Wards are a total waste and percentages are frankly ridiculous. It takes way too much grindage to refine weapon enchantments as well. They can't please everyone ALL of the time.

That's the beauty of free-to-play. You don't have to support a company that you do not believe in. I choose to support this game because (overall) it's AWESOME.
    Bryn Morn [DC]
    Viconia VrinnGemma Steelheart [GF]
    Drelle Demonsong [SW]
    Lorakahn Forgedawn

@puresurplus

#TeamFencebane
  • Options
    drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    why no warning :(

STO got no warning nor any words nor information. AS USUAL I have to come over to Neverwinter forums to find any information about STO. (Which only works because they share the servers)
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wagghhhhh maintenance extended by 25 minutes XD

Oh my... Your signature picture! This is brilliant! I have the devtracker page bookmarked in Chrome, guess what the title says? "Service Unavailable" haha.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Paying a bit is ok to most people, paying pwe prices is another thing. They are just comedy high. 10 yoyos for a coal ward? Pull the other one, its got bells on.

I don't mind buying stuff if its interesting or cool like the gelatinous cube mount or some companions but basic do you wan't to play the game stuff like dungeon keys, wards, rp, no thanks.
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2014
    frombeed wrote: »
    How about hiring some professional developers so you don't have so many issues all the time? Maybe hire some from Blizzard?

i laughed... that's the best thing ive seen today. ( not sarcasm.. I agree tbh)
  • Options
    danielriccidanielricci Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    if I pay money will the downtime be shorter for me?
  • Options
    pietreanupietreanu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    25 min extented ?
  • Options
    sbert12yellsbert12yell Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2014
    why no warning :(

What part of the word "emergency" don't you understand?
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Shhhhh! Don't give out our secret!!
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

5k zen per hour, minimum 1 hour. If you get the pack of the brave which is under sale for just 50k zen, you will get no lag for a month too.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    if i pay money will the downtime be shorter for me?

be quiet!
    They might hear you!!!!!!!!!!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    sbert12yellsbert12yell Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2014
    Ohgoshdarnit I could have gotten up early to change professions but I didn't see any warning and I didn't check the launcher before bed.

We shouldn't *have to* relaunch the game every day after stopping playing to see if there's going to be emergency maintenance.

You could log a character on the to gateway. It gives warnings about downtime as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    What part of the word "emergency" don't you understand?

It wasn't a actual 'emergency maintenance' as in they found a bug and had to shut the server down that very second , the 'emergency maintenance' was announced on the gateway last night and the launcher this morning, see this thread from over 24 hours ago -
    tousseau wrote: »
    I just saw on the Gateway that there will be another maintenance tomorrow.

Now what are they fixing/breaking?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?795421-Another-Maintenance

People are annoyed that they only listed it on the launcher and the gateway but they didn't list it on the forum or the news blogs or even social media plus on top of that they shut the server down earlier than announced and without warning.
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2014
    ogarious wrote: »
    And remember to fill out the proper forms, in triplicate and assign a TPS cover sheet.

And I want my stapler back.

[talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...
This discussion has been closed.