test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Emergency Maintenance 11/21 at 7 AM PST (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone, emergency account server maintenance has begun. Estimated downtime is 2 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen issues. We apologize for this unexpected downtime and appreciate your patience.

- Dwight

Update 1 7:14 AM PST Maintenance has begun.
Update 2 8:01 AM PST Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same downtime.
Update 3 8:29 AM PST Maintenance is ongoing. No changes to the estimated downtime.
Update 4 8:58 AM PST Unfortunately it looks like we will not be able to get the servers back up at the estimated time. It could be another 25 mins until we bring everything back. Sorry for the delay.
Update 5 9:33 AM PST Running a few final checks now. Looking more likely that we will have the servers back at 10 AM PST. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    why no warning :(
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey Dwightmc totally offtopic but whatever , as a community manager guy could you please ask around and find out if the internal cooldown on Dragon horde enchantments has been increased and let us know if it has and why? a lot of people reckon that the ICD has been increased somewhat.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    frombeedfrombeed Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about hiring some professional developers so you don't have so many issues all the time? Maybe hire some from Blizzard?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ugh, just today that I stayed home, oh well, I guess I could clean up the house XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    puresurpluspuresurplus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why so negative? I, for one, greatly appreciate your efforts. The Well of Dragons is fantastic. Personally, I have no complaints. Great job!
    Bryn Morn [DC]
    Viconia VrinnGemma Steelheart [GF]
    Drelle Demonsong [SW]
    Lorakahn Forgedawn

@puresurplus

#TeamFencebane
  • Options
    robrobsonrobrobson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now it's pointless to improve Dragon horde enchantments from the lesser ones to the better ones..

BoA should be equivalent to no ICD at all...
  • Options
    drasekrivendrasekriven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wonder what the emergency was...
  • Options
    catisiouscatisious Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2014
    Thank you devs for this wonderful game! Sorry we bash you guys sooooooo much. We just want a balance in the force :P
  • Options
    puresurpluspuresurplus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is true. Lost shard at XX:53 :eek:
    Bryn Morn [DC]
    Drelle Demonsong [SW]
    Lorakahn Forgedawn

@puresurplus

#TeamFencebane
  • Options
    soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    We apologize for this unexpected downtime and appreciate your patience.

Thanks for the update!

Don't listen to the haters. They're selfish individuals who think the whole game is about what they want or think they need.

Keep up the good work!
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Why so negative? I, for one, greatly appreciate your efforts. The Well of Dragons is fantastic. Personally, I have no complaints. Great job!

It was awfully bugged from the beginning which is very sad because it's nothing more than Icewind Dale HEs + Dragons HEs. I don't belive they ever tested new content so we are the beta (alpha?) testers.. And some of us pay for that! I'm sad because of this all :(
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I've dumped my share of cash on this game as well. I look at it as supporting a game that I love. There are bound to be imperfections. It all gets sorted in time. Then, there are new problems to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you off! Par for the course.
    Bryn Morn [DC]
    Drelle Demonsong [SW]
    Lorakahn Forgedawn

@puresurplus

#TeamFencebane
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ohgoshdarnit I could have gotten up early to change professions but I didn't see any warning and I didn't check the launcher before bed.

We shouldn't *have to* relaunch the game every day after stopping playing to see if there's going to be emergency maintenance.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It really does look ama-za-zing, doesn't it? Love the world, and the HEs are pretty good/challenging thus far, definitely one of the best contents added thus far!

Devs, keep on rocking... :cool:

Beavis_b966ca_590398.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    It was noted in the launcher. What pisses me off is the server was killed before the scheduled time.

that is what I was referring to :-)
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I agree

I enjoy it so much I am not doing some Dailys...

Gotta stop that or go broke
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It really does look ama-za-zing, doesn't it? Love the world, and the HEs are pretty good/challenging thus far, definitely one of the best contents added thus far!

All HEs can be soloed easily (at least for CW) - sorry but it is very unchallenging. And it's new module but we have only one instance where we can repeat some quests day by day.. Minidungeons - at least one is just Dread Spire from top to the bottom (rest are probably also reworked minidungeons from old content..). We are going to fight Tiamat soon but it's still very poor piece of content :(
  • Options
    veilofentropyveilofentropy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Glad to see some maturity in the responses...
    catisious wrote: »
    Thank you devs for this wonderful game! Sorry we bash you guys sooooooo much. We just want a balance in the force :P
    Thanks for the update!

Don't listen to the haters. They're selfish individuals who think the whole game is about what they want or think they need.

Keep up the good work!

Devs, keep on rocking... :cool:

I wouldn't place too much value on the 'feedback' of the rest if i were you.

Do what needs to be done. People will complain for any and no reason.

Thanks for the hard work. I appreciate it!
  • Options
    soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've dumped my share of cash on this game as well. I look at it as supporting a game that I love.

I look at it like what Joan Jett says, "Put another dime in the jukebox, baby!"

It's like the days when I was a kid playing Zaxxon and Galaga. I'm just putting quarters into the machine to get Zen out so I can have more fun! HAHA
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • Options
    hairdiaper40hairdiaper40 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So what time will the server be down if I live in Phx Az?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've dumped my share of cash on this game as well. I look at it as supporting a game that I love. There are bound to be imperfections. It all gets sorted in time. Then, there are new problems to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you off! Par for the course.

Which is great and bugs do happen. But lets be honest, they've yet to release one stable release and are slow to fix some issues, ie the cn door glitch that took them about a year. It's great to support games you love, but I've personally come to the point where I wonder what the point is when they show such a lack of quality control and do more to punish us than help us, why should I support them anymore?

People backlashed against rp from enchants being bound because that was the only way to get enough supply to feed your gear and then they kill it off further by raising the icd. They're pushing rp the same way they pushed us to pay $10 for a coal ward, though I have no idea why some are still available on the AH for slightly less since the unbound ones have been unavailable from other methods for a while.

I'd prefer to support a company that values their customers and players.
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The server was down 15 mins before the announced time.
    Why would they do this?
    frishter wrote: »
    I'd prefer to support a company that values their customers and players.

+1 on this
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ohgoshdarnit I could have gotten up early to change professions but I didn't see any warning and I didn't check the launcher before bed.

We shouldn't *have to* relaunch the game every day after stopping playing to see if there's going to be emergency maintenance.

From now on please schedule all emergencies in advance. Thank you. :p
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    th3ph4t3th3ph4t3 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If, as many players report, you raised ICD of Dragon Hoard's Enchantment, that wasn't a very good idea! At least not now! Your idea was to cut down botters' incomings from the sell of the Refinement Stones they farm but, making them BoP and raising the ICD of the enchantments that drop them, made the price of the unbound ones rise to the stars! Who used to farm, still have thousands of unbound Refinement Stones ready to be sold and now is earning a lot much then before due to the fact he's the only one able to have so many! Keep Refinement Stones BoP but erase any ICD on Dragon Hoard's, so legit players can drop as many as they need just playing their dailies and legit-farming heroic encounters and end-game dungeons! In this way you'll give legit players a reason to play more AND you'll cut down botters earnings due to the fact their Refinement Stones are not worth anymore their price if anyone can drop them by playing.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rgladiato wrote: »

And remember to fill out the proper forms, in triplicate and assign a TPS cover sheet.

And I want my stapler back.
  • Options
    unclechudunclechud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So what time will the server be down if I live in Phx Az?

Should be back up around 9 AM. Phoenix is 1 hour off of PST this time of year.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rgladiato wrote: »

It apparently was on the launcher and was announced in advance, but they always update the launcher at some point that falls after the time I interact with it. Even for the scheduled maintenances, for the record, which they could easily have on the launcher for 24 hours in advance (not that these catch me by surprise, but it's weird they don't put it on there earlier when they know about it).

I also happen to look at their Twitter feed pretty regularly and there was nothing on there until after the servers came down. It was really poorly communicated.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The launcher had notification on it almost 24 hours ago that the so called 'emergency maintenance' was going to happen , the warning was given on the launcher and nowhere else , I would guess that is why people are annoyed that no blog post or forum thread was made to notify people who couldn't use the actual launcher.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
This discussion has been closed.