What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 5: Rise of Tiamat is coming!

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope the next Scourge path will be the Fey Pact Warlock...
    Not gonna be Fey Pact bud...
    Chris Meyer
    @CrypticGMC
    It's officially known. New Paragon Path for Scourge Warlocks! This one focuses on using the souls of your foes to fuel spell! Whose excited!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    atarashiijoeyatarashiijoey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I really enjoy playing this version of NW, as I am also a fan of NWN 1 and 2.

I also like to agree with some of the issues mentioned above (boons, classes etc.) but I have been a dual wield player since assassin class in Diablo, I enjoyed GWF but it took way too long to acquire enough strength and WS to enjoy the game, TR class suits me better but still lacking for PVP if you do not have a pre-made team whereas the SW class is greatly overpowered if built glass canon.

A small suggestion that i would like to make, is to allow leveling past LVL60. The incredibly low cap can be reached in weeks, should a player have some time to kill, and makes the game feel pointless once reached. Another problem is that not all teenage kids have parents who'll allow them to use actual $ to buy content for a game. It could be wise to monetize in alternate ways, like being able to apply for jobs testing and rating DEV areas or helping spot general bug issues, i mean, give incentive in the form of zen to a player based on how many issues he/she helps solve, it doesn't need to be much, but this would make the game more fun for people who play the FREE-TO-PLAY game in a very poor country. The game is amazing, we'd just like to play it for much much longer. (2 weeks to reach LVL 60, but playing a solid 3 months enjoyably on NWN 2)

I do enjoy the idea of foundry quests, i do not enjoy the lockboxes, i do like the item farming, i do not enjoy the slow leveling of artifacts, i would like to be able to one day beat a same-lvl scourge wizard with my TR in a 1 on 1 fight, but that's not possible, the GS is just not allowing.

I am also a long-time RPG fan (eagles nest DOS was one of my first), and i do enjoy this game so very much, cannot wait to see what wonderful things are ahead for this game.
  • Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is lots to like about the game. Artwork is great. Animation and effects are great. Game play, good. In a RPG, for me, it is all about the build. Developing a character. This, it seems to me needs a little work on. All those powers, and most of them useless, and largely more useless as you climb the powers tree. Feats are OK. Feels to me, though, like there is no real choice of paths to take. Find myself always having to choose between two feats that would help me, rather than the best feat for the build that I'm going for. Seem to lack organization.

The nerfing is unnerving. Feels like I am being punished for success. Understand why it has to be done. But in an ideal world, the classes would be balanced from the outset. Again, points to a lack of organization.

I don't like the constant pressure to spend money. Would prefer the level playing field of a flat rate. Feels like the better players out there are spending their way to greatness. Meanwhile, I take little baby steps. Seems like there are three choices. Spend a ton of money on lock boxes, spend a ton of time farming, or spend your time being irrelevant in pve and pvp, and, in the latter, getting the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kicked out of you.

A lot of little annoyances built into the game. Getting back on one's mount can be an heart attack inducing experience. Have no idea what keeps my HR stooped over like Quasimodo, and why I get no advanced notice when he's ready to ride. Anytime I want to get moving, it's time out and punch away at the 7 key for the seeming eternity it takes for me to get moving again. Another example of what seems like a deliberate attempt to ruin my day is all those bogus PVP healing potions. I'm hanging on to life, making a mad dash to get healing, arrive at a spot, sit on a potion, wait around a few seconds, return to it, wait again, and nothing happens. A bug or else a tease, but VERY annoying.

As for the new mode, it would be nice if all the effort I put into professions were not being put to waste. Spent all the money on crafting items, and it appears they are never going to be put to use again. And what is the point of crafting a weapon if it is immediately made obsolete?
  • Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I am not sure I can stand grinding my new Warlock alt through four sets of boons and just a couple of week ago when a couple of newbies in a guild I frequent hit 60 and were told of the nature of the boon grind after asking progression advice literally said 'Seeya', and haven't been seen since.
    Eliminating boons to make it easier for beginners to catch up makes no sense. Easiest way to power up. An hour or so a day and you get a significant reward. Everything ELSE is a grind. These newbies are going to be less discouraged by the hundreds of hours of farming enchantments it takes to get artifacts and enchantments to their max? Paying big money on lock-boxes? Boons also are fun because they add unique abilities that give you a more customized build.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    noetic2 wrote: »
    all those bogus PVP healing potions. I'm hanging on to life, making a mad dash to get healing, arrive at a spot, sit on a potion, wait around a few seconds, return to it, wait again, and nothing happens. A bug or else a tease, but VERY annoying.

There aren't that many complaints in forum about this, so either it's WAI but the logic was explained in a post that is now necro, or the pvp-ers are bringing their own personal potions.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think everyone has simply given up on complaining about the bugged domination map potions.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a question on all the new armor sets it shows they give a 10% debuff to defense and crit ...does it stack since its on everyone's armor or is it a flat 10%
  • Options
    plubriousplubrious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey I am a primarily Warlock player and was on the test server checking out the new Soulbinder paragon. I was wanting to offer a bit of a suggestion and wasn't sure if this was the place to do it to get to the devs ear. Please make Soul Scorch do a bit better damage, maybe AoE, something! It is worse then many other options in solo while burning your precious soul sparks. I do better damage with killing flames and fiery bolt, heck it almost matches my AT-WILL hand of blight in damage. I need to see a bigger pay-off if I am going to burn through my sparks. The at-will Essence Defiler has the lamest animation! Please change fast before release. It looks like my lock is spazzing in this weird temper tantrum. That is no bueno if you are going for the cool suave lurking quiet type. I mean, its time to fight and all the other players are throwing spells and smashing people with big weapons, the lock pulls out his pact blade with a practiced flourish and then starts jumping around like a 4 year old with a wedgie and a sugar high! Dignity ruined. So far though I don't have much more to offer as I have just begun. I may be back if I am struck with another issue.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's an entire feedback thread for the Soulbinder paragon in the preview subforum if you scroll down, scroll way down.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2014
    I wonder if defeating Tiamat will also involve a dragonlance this time.

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

(Yeah. I know many probably know. But some don't.)
  • Options
    vasiliy33334vasiliy33334 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For Staff: Please update Lurker server for RU community! We also want to test m5 before launch, PLEASE.
  • Options
    poison4upoison4u Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just quick comment, on the class balancing thats coming, wouldnt it be easier to just make it possible to have dual talents? Similiar to wow which u can have power tree set up one way for pve and click button and have diff tree setup for pvp etc to feats as well
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    I wonder if defeating Tiamat will also involve a dragonlance this time.

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

(Yeah. I know many probably know. But some don't.)

Nope. That's entirely different IP world. Dragonlance has absolutely has nothing to do with the Forgotten Realms which is what Neverwinter is based upon. (Well a small piece of).
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    poison4u wrote: »
    Just quick comment, on the class balancing thats coming, wouldnt it be easier to just make it possible to have dual talents? Similiar to wow which u can have power tree set up one way for pve and click button and have diff tree setup for pvp etc to feats as well
    I am neutral to that thought.

That said since you named class balancing please do something about that Cleric is crystal clear weakest class in 1 vs 1 PvP. Healing reduced 50% in PvP ok fine, but how about buffing Devoted Cleric powers?

Finally Control Wizard is overpowerful at least in PvE Dungeons. It is freaking annoying that there are people who want 3 wizards or so in a a PvE group and Wizard is powerful also in PvP. I hate class rasists. A rogue can tank a boss and a Ranger is not useless in Dungeons and these people that say we need 3-4 wizards well I don't support them.

I rather support as healer a group with variety and I welcome all classes and my Rogue and Warlock do ok in PvE, but seems Wizard is overpowerful in PvE since so many want 3-4 Wizards.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    I hate class rasists.

There's probably a productive answer to that, but it eludes me. I'd forgotten about MMO player base edge cases like this.
  • Options
    martialrevmartialrev Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    how do i make a thread?
  • Options
    sillystupidsimonsillystupidsimon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey Akro,

Just watched your Tiamat livestream. Please let Michael that buffing Tiamat might not be such a good idea just yet - on the main server my toon has a GS of 18.7 but on the test server 22.5 GS.

Everyone on the 25 man team that you were playing alongside will more than likely have similar (only on the test server) buffs thanks to the ability to copy any amount of gear into the test server and purchase off hand artifact for 10 silver.

So when Mod5 goes live, please don't buff Tiamat based on test server player capability - it isn't a true reflection of current character capability.

Oh and good luck getting the performance issues sorted before release :)

Kind regards,

Simon
  • Options
    teamstephanteamstephan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    im having a problems with my ranger ever since the Halloween event had came out cause when go to kill mobs in my quest that she will not stand up cause when i tried to zone her in and out while logging off and on that i found that it did not work either cause when i tried as well to enter the moonlight mask that none of the emotes that i am finding are working where im finding this very annoying where i was hopping you guy's will fix this so i could play on my ranger again
  • Options
    dreadheartdreadheart Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So
    Is Neverwinter also finally going to raise the the level cap from 60 to 80??
    I am sure SSI can help with that.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dreadheart wrote: »
    So
    Is Neverwinter also finally going to raise the the level cap from 60 to 80??
    I am sure SSI can help with that.

It was stated in the Reddit AMA with heyrogers that a level cap is in the cards but not in the near future. Besides, to do so would require an entirely new path (Epic Destiny) if they're aiming on keeping par with the 4e ruleset.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    tacc666tacc666 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello,

I'm one of those old school MORPG players... that enjoyed playing Neverwinter Nights 1. I would also like to point out that i just love the game mechanics and gameplay in NW Online. But the dev have taken all the fun out of this game. I don't mind farming/grinding/refining new artefact gear. But for the love of god... the game lacks new content.
    When you release a new module... you give us 30 minutes of new content... that has to be grinded for 2 months. I'm asking my self why do i need better gear if the new dungeons can be done in 10 minutes with my current gear. I realy hope Modul 5 brings some fun back to the game... Many people are thinking the same way... and many people might quit if you dont do something about this.

Best regards!

PS : You might want to release a new dungeons expnasion pack with 5-10 new dungeons, that take 5 or maybe even 10 people 1-3hrs to complete each.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tacc666 wrote: »
    you give us 30 minutes of new content... that has to be grinded for 2 months.

Answer is coming in a few hours...
    Preview has shown one raid and many many artifact gear. Also books, books and more books. Needed: hundreds of a new currency, and tens of thousands refinement points.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    Answer is coming in a few hours...
    Preview has shown one raid and many many artifact gear. Also books, books and more books. Needed: hundreds of a new currency, and tens of thousands refinement points.

I think it's closer to millions of RP, last I looked. I hope you have Sagan-excitingly huge amounts stockpiled.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I hope you have Sagan-excitingly huge amounts stockpiled.

billions :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    assa202020assa202020 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9005213-patch-notes-11%2F18%2F14

About TR:
    Executioner: Shadow of Demise: Shadow of Demise can no longer activate itself and can only be applied to a single target.
    and
    Shadow of Demise: This feat no longer requires you to use an encounter power to apply. It may be applied to several targets again. Passively increases stealth regen by 20% and prevents regeneration being stopped.

What information is correct?
    Sorry for my bad English
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    billions :)

I'm very glad that someone got it, you win a ride on a pale blue dot :D
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i guess its time to wait mod 6, have done all i wanted to do in mod5
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Launcher crash is OPin PVP and PVE, buy a new hamster.
  • Options
    kaninchenkeulekaninchenkeule Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    launcher crashes here, can't play the game anymore :(
  • Options
    tuncdragomirtuncdragomir Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    Keep gettin "Too many attempts; please try again later" when i try to sign in..Who has this issue?
This discussion has been closed.