test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 5: Rise of Tiamat is coming!

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in News & Announcements
We've got a brand-new trailer announcing our upcoming module Rise of Tiamat!

Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEcNR0s9seY

To learn more about the upcoming module check out our blog:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7007073-coming-soon%3A-rise-of-tiamat
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    when info rise??? :p:p

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are you guys going to try to hit the Oct 21st date to line up with all the other Rise of Tiamat material WotC is launching?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just a suspicion, but if that was their benchmark then I think they'd have already announced the date.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Things to NOT do Module 5:

- DONT create more artifact equipment that requires RP. If anything like this comes into module 5, it should be MORE like blackice, where it requires a "charge" that "decays" OR the gear is somehow leveled up via quests or dungeons or kills. Please DO NOT introduce more gear that we must AD sink millions into plus hours of time.

- DONT create more sources of un-mitigatable damage (I.E. Glyphs) These just RUIN the game.

- DONT keep content/gear/enchants/items locked on preview so the players CANNOT test. Players on preview should be given FULL access to the campaign from day 1 of testing.

- DONT create MORE worthless gear (Draconic gear) that is HORRIBLY underwpowered with regards to T2 gear (for PVE) and BlackIce Gear ( for PVP.

- DONT create another 15 minute dungeon that takes very little group effort to pass through. Dungeons should be hard, require teamwork, and have meaningful drops.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want 6 new dungeon more hardly and teamwork for new extra T3 gear(no T2 T2.5 or T2.9 gear its sucks) i dont care is epic or lengendary.
    Plz dont give more artifact equipment thats ridiculous.
    Plz add new territory in map and campaign be like a DR easy and quik.

And grand epic dungeon plz set gear score 15k or 16 and dont create another 15 minute dungeon, i hope Tample of Tiamat will be 1:30hour dungeon with last boss 30min.

Sry for my bad english.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    More artifact equipment is ridiculous. Bridging the gap between old and new players even further. New players honestly shouldn't even bother anymore, so little chance to amount to anything in this grind RNG fest.
    edited September 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    More artifact equipment is ridiculous. Bridging the gap between old and new players even further. New players honestly shouldn't even bother anymore, so little chance to amount to anything in this grind RNG fest.

I agree.

Back when it was module 1, it was fairly easy to have 3-4 characters decked out in rank8+ because most players didnt have 10s. 8s were a big advantage.

With mod 2, introduce artifacts. Now it became MUCH harder to have even 2 characters. So I condensed down to two characters to keep up.

Module 3, more farming, more artifacts, with the PAIN of farming blackice gear, made it almost impossible to have two characters. So I condensed down to one.

NOW module 4, artifact equipment sealed the deal. Takes FAR too much resources to get to legendary, so I will probably never play more than 1 character. Its just too dang expensive!!!!

Could Artifact Equipment work? Definitely! But they need to STOP having the best RP sources be low level <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

For Artifacts, rank 3s and rank 4 are the "best" because putting a rank 8 in an artifact gives you NOTHING!

For Artifact Equip, its greens/blues and stones...

What they NEED to do is give INCENTIVE to put high level items in artifacts. Putting a Purple sword into my GFs artifact weapon should yield a MASSIVE reward compared to a green or blue. They need to drastically revisit the ability to put high level items into all types of artifacts and give massive RP for them. Giving a casual incentive to farm T1/T2s again for weapons/belt to put those into the gear.

ONLY then will they be successful. When its not something you HAVE to have AD to get, its something you can practically farm gear to level up. Putting an epic T2+ belt into my belt should give me like 50k RP (doubled from 25k). Only then will it bridge this gap for the demographic of the players.
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i'm sorry, but i just couldn't take that video seriously.

If you're going to try to generate hype, at least hire a decent voice actor and dont record in a broom closet :p
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i'm sorry, but i just couldn't take that video seriously.

If you're going to try to generate hype, at least hire a decent voice actor and dont record in a broom closet :p

You obviously haven't played any Korean games, huh? Their voice-overs are terri-bad.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    it'd be cool if instead of refining the green/blue/purple gear directly into the artifact, we had a profession or vendor that we would deposit these items into, and he would return us some form of metal bars that we used to refine artifact gear. the more high level things you put in / the more items, the better quality bars you received. sort of like with rank 1 2 and 3 rewards for other refinement tasks.

it'd be like you're melting the unwanted gear down into a refined form to usein your artifact gear. it'd also make refining into the artifacts more streamlined because you'd have stacks of these bars (white, green, blue, purple and possibly really rare legendary ones if you put enough epics in?) also makes the AH buying of them easier.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Are you guys going to try to hit the Oct 21st date to line up with all the other Rise of Tiamat material WotC is launching?

When they talked about the Siege Of Neverwinter they talked about it being the midway point of Mod 4...with it being 5 weeks from the launch...if that truly was the midpoint then would seem to be beginning of November for Mod 5.
    edited September 2014
    rversant wrote: »
    it'd be cool if instead of refining the green/blue/purple gear directly into the artifact, we had a profession or vendor that we would deposit these items into, and he would return us some form of metal bars that we used to refine artifact gear. the more high level things you put in / the more items, the better quality bars you received. sort of like with rank 1 2 and 3 rewards for other refinement tasks.

it'd be like you're melting the unwanted gear down into a refined form to usein your artifact gear. it'd also make refining into the artifacts more streamlined because you'd have stacks of these bars (white, green, blue, purple and possibly really rare legendary ones if you put enough epics in?) also makes the AH buying of them easier.

This is actually a pretty fantastic idea. a "refinement point" profession.

You could turn green/blue stuff into appropriate "RP stones".

For Artifact Equipment:
    - Turn 5 lvl 60 green items into 1 GREEN Lesser Resonance stone. So 500 RP + profession + time turns into 2,500 RP.
    - Turn 5 lvl 60 Blue items into 1 BLUE Resonance Stone. So 1,500 RP + profession + time turns into 5,000 RP.
    - Turn 5 lvl 60 Epics into 1 EPIC GREATER Resonance Stone. So around 3,000 turns into 12,500 RP.

This gives players a BIG way to farm this themselves PLUS another profession to level up too.

You could then have Enchantment RP do the same thing:
    Turn Rank 3/4s into RP stones (peridots?)
    rank 5/6s into AquaMarines
    rank 7/8s into something like Rubys.

Something that gives better items better value in refining!!!!!!
  • thesentinalsthesentinals Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    would be nice to see a campaign that is easier for time constricted players:cool:
  • danatiel886danatiel886 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The video itself was cool, but the voice quality was bad unfortunately (not saying the voice actor was bad, just the quality of the recording).
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My main request would be the following:
    Please, don't add new boons to unlock which we'll need to do tons of dailies instead of actually playing and enjoying the game.
    The tedious Tyranny of Dailies is killing all the fun.

And also please do not hurry with introducing this campaign. Give us some time to breathe and get used to the previous module.
    edited September 2014
    1) Please dont introduce more boons, we have SO many to farm its insane now

2) Please dont release more artifact equipment. If you are going this route, you seriously need to improve the RP system so that farming epic gear to refine is the most efficient and best way to level gear.

3) Please dont make new gear/enchants that are locked or unavailable for player testing on the PTR before launch

4) MOST of all, PLEASE PLEASE actually listen to the players!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do agree that the boon grind is now getting too much and is far more likely to drive players away than get them to pay campaign unlocks.

I am not sure I can stand grinding my new Warlock alt through four sets of boons and just a couple of week ago when a couple of newbies in a guild I frequent hit 60 and were told of the nature of the boon grind after asking progression advice literally said 'Seeya', and haven't been seen since.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Right now, I find ToD the least interesting campaign - I haven't even unlocked any of the skirmishes yet. While the reuse of previous areas was a novel idea, what it ended up doing was adding a lot of tedious travel and a disjointed feel.

I look at Dread Ring as the best current implementation - I go in, get my quests, do what I need to, and cap it off with a pretty fun (and to the point) lair. In ToD, you run all over the world, sometimes getting quests in different zones, and have these daily or weekly quests that involve rather long and repeated instances, (I'm looking at you, Ghost Stories). I would have preferred to see 1 zone with different environments wherein each dragon had their little territory, and everything took place in there. Setup little friendly outposts as gatekeepers to more difficult parts of this zone, and maybe some Dread Ring-esque instances to cap it all off...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I truly hope they have listned, but sadly, I dont think they will.

NO MORE BOONS!
    NO MORE RNG to this extent!
    NO MORE HES!

I think some ten man modes would be cool for old content with some treasure rework and a new DD and im never opposed to more skirms, I like them , fast , easy and playable by all basically.

If they have another campaign, phooey on them, its too much.
  • caelumareshcaelumaresh Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope for a next class, something like a Paladin.
  • untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Realistically the next class won't be released until Mod 6 (the 'Something Big' release).

Mod 5 will most likely be a class balance of TR and DC. Also a new paragon path for the SW.

If I had to guess I would say that the campaign in mod 5 will take place on the other side of the portal. So that will involve a new zone along the lines of IWD that will most likely require that 3 ToD boons be unlocked with a minimum GS in the 14k range. There should also be additional epic artifact equipment to be unlocked (hopefully an off hand item and some additional rings and neck slots).

Since WotC is releasing their handbook on the 21st of October, the last that I read, Mod 5 content was probably being designed in parallel to Mod 4 in order to be ready. My guess is that it hasn't hit Preview yet that they will probably release the content around the middle of November in order to be available for the U.S. Thanksgiving break.

Only time will tell tho....
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This would be a good time to re-work renegade tree and give wizards some alternative to chill spells (read: buff freakin' arcane spells).
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • xenius66xenius66 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    hi all it time for make new version of neverwinter with new family tree and more interackt with you companions to speek with them and more dragonborn companion tipe and to join a faction and to chose your destiny and biger city and become chosen of the gods
  • maliangyionmaliangyion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    We've got a brand-new trailer announcing our upcoming module Rise of Tiamat!

Check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEcNR0s9seY

To learn more about the upcoming module check out our blog:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7007073-coming-soon%3A-rise-of-tiamat

hope you can fix Tyranny of Dragons BOONS first, because I cant put on any of those Boons since the first one is bugged in the way that It says Available and when I click start it return to the available screen and nothing happens.
  • kithkannan1869kithkannan1869 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    MOD 5 are you all for real???? YOU all can not fix the darn bugs/issues in this game. Try fixing the issues first then come out with MOD 5.
    Crashes, Lag, can not log on, and issues with red and blue glyphs / KV. and games crashing IN GG. Really guys how are you expecting MOD 5 to be successful? Wait , I know more game issues. For real please fix the game right then come out with MOD 5. I hope your techs can figure it out. I know I am not the only one feeling this way and I know people who voice concerns or game play issues get banned, but this is getting OLD. Just fix the game prior to the release of MOD 5.
    Thanks you.
  • laughingchampionlaughingchampion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    in regard to the hour plus dungeon and the thirty minute boss at end...PLEASE NO! that is laughably silly, i mean how much time do you have to play this game bro. don't you have a job? family? friends? a girlfriend? seriously, many of the current dungeons are too hard. for example, Valindra's tower is relatively easy...until you get to the end and it is rediculously hard. the stated gear score is accurate, until you get to the end when it should be 17k min. what's the point of a dungeon that you can't win unless you can find a group of players with a gs 5k over the stated minimum? silly really.
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is this why I can not log into game at this time?
  • bearbanebearbane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am an old player ... grand kids old. Been playing RPG style games since Pong was introduced. (Of course back in the day it was dice and paper) Been there seen it.

This game is a ton of fun ... lots of content ... excellent combat system. Good to excellent character roles.

One of the things I like best with this game is that most of the content is soloable. I do not have to gather a PUG or guildies to spend a couple of hours dying repeatedly at some boss in a dungeon, only to get a random drop that I can not use. (There are several games out there that deal this type of pain.)

Using a 5 man dungeon system is ok ... However, i would really like to see it go the other way. How about a dungeon system that is tailored to 2 or 3 rather than going to 10. Give us dungeon credits we can spend for the gear we want .. random drops are old school and very D&D ish but can we not do it better?

I really like the Black Ice system .. a bit of a grind which I really wish was shorter but meh. It is your game so your choice.

Reading the above posts I agree that the boon grind is really taking the enjoyment out of the game. It was ok for a while but now it is just the same old, same old ... over and over and over. Not suggesting you remove it as content but going forward I am sure the talented people coding this amazing game can find a better way.

I really like levelling multiple characters ... I am sure you see where this is going. If the boon system is boring for one character ...

We can now purchase a token for some of the boon-doggle content. While I totally agree that any game needs and deserves to be monetized I am sure you can come up with better ways than creating boring content then having us pay to avoid. The dragon-born type of content is a huge value that I gladly paid for. Don't mind monetizing ... just want to add value rather than paying to avoid pain.

Just my 2 cents worth ... The game is great, it is enjoyable and I am telling my friends. Keep up the good work.
  • saydc0ld1saydc0ld1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can u wait a little more after Module 4 to bring us Module 5 OMG !!!! Cause in mod 5 it will be new equipment, new artefacts, new bones and all old things will be BS!!!
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    No, they cannot wait to release Mod 5. The release is being dictated by WotC, the company that holds the IP license. This is to tie in to the release of 5th edition and Tyranny of Dragons modules for the PnP game. Read the game news for further insight into this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.