test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 5: Rise of Tiamat is coming!

Comments

• irotar3232irotar3232 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When we can expect first part of mod 5 on previev, this or next week?
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have to agree mod 4 still has issues in and and mod 3 still has the RNG bugs and you want to release a new exp so soon? are you MAD? have you lost all reason and logic ? really am glad ESO/WS is my main games as NeverWinter has went from being my Fav to 3rd the Devs ignore posts and PMS issues remain unfixed for months and months and months /sigh
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope for a next class, something like a Paladin.

I hope not. You already have a GF, GWF and a DC, why a combination of the three classes?

I hope to see a bard class. Something unusual for the gaming world. Paladins are overused and are extremely tedious class ever made.

I hope to see less AD sink-holes and I hope to see the actual possibility to get good drops which aren't bound, or, at least, make things cheaper to buy or, again, make the item that will "unbound" a specific item and make it cost ZEN only, account-wise.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • acura1992acura1992 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We need better and bigger dungeons or even 10 man raid. Also make a big dungeon wth 10 boss so not bored of it so fast. Lair of Lostmauth has nice design but it is too small and easy.Thanks ^^
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thoughts on the suggested Crafting options to turn artifact gear into refinement items:

1) This could be done within the appropriate profession for a certain class to turn that class item into Refinement Stones. It would give purpose and incentive to pursue professions that are not class specific for your charecter, but could still give you benifits other than "sell items on the AUction House for Astral Diamonds". Normal % of Assets used apply for time taken to make item, and quality thereof.

EXAMPLE : Mailsmithing uses an Artifact Chain Armour to convert for Refinement Stones. Any class can use Mailsmithing in this way at rank 18, and it still provides minimal Profession XP for ranking up Mailsmithing.

2) Alchemy could be used to make Refinement Stones as well at Rank 18 from Tier 3 Components.

3) If the Rank 3 Result is acheived it gives a chance to also gain another Refinement Stone like a Lesser Mark of Potency, Peridot, or 2% chance for something like a Blood Ruby.

Side Thoughts - Please fix the Fey Thistle combat jog. Other minor issues like this I would GLADLY wait through a month's delay on Module 5 if it means they can get adressed. I know you poor Devs are pressured to produced results according to a deadline for any Module. We, the steady players, will all gladly wait as you adress the little things that need fixing so there should be less bug patches in Module 5.

I'll be here either way since I greatly enjoy this game, and the community with it.

RWAR RAWR BAHMUT! (Oh, and Tymora too.)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Look at the classes we already have and ask where a new class should be placed in terms of balancing things out. While a Paladin would undoubtably provide some buffs or healing, a more dedicated team support class is, IMO, what we need most. Something like a Druid or Bard could fill this role well.

As for my hopes for the new module - I'd like to see it be more focused, and less spread around multiple areas. I'd also like to see more of a narrative brought back for it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I love the idea of professions helping to level up artifact equipment. But at least for artifact weapons, there's no real need to create something new in order to do it; we already have artificing and weaponsmithing which, as is, are pretty much useless. I like the idea of artificing being able to refine artifact weapons via basic artificing components (aka the ornamental metals and whatnot).

Then, make ALL level 60 weapons salvageable, not just purples. But instead of getting astral diamonds, greens and blues will give you weaponsmithing components. Each weaponsmithing task will cost a LARGE number of weapon smithing components.

Problem here is that this may make leveling up artifact weapons/implements TOO easy. Well, it'd probably require a stupid amount of residuum. Make it bind on pickup! (Insert player rage here). I don't know about anyone else, but I get a LOT of residuum from my leadership professions. On the other hand, I use it at a fairly high rate, so while I have an excess, that's only because I have four characters generating it, and only one character that uses it.

I like the idea of new boons, but they are power creep. Maybe there should be a boon limitation, but you can swap boons. So, for instance, you might have a finite number of "boon slots" and each boon takes a certain number of slots based on its power level. Or alternatively, the boon slots are based on tiers or something. The idea is that, saying "NO MORE BOONS" means that it's hard for the developers to come up with new rewards for playing through the new content. However, if I can swap out my sharandar rank 5 boon for a Mod 5 rank 5 boon, then I may not actually increase in power (and therefore, newer players won't be driven off by feeling that things are impossible), but I can still be rewarded for playing through the new content.

I like artifact equipment. It's an AD sink. Prevents inflation. With Dragon Hoard enchants, can you guys imagine how low the price of refining stones would have dropped if it weren't for artifact equipment?

The tradeoff of artifact weapons are that you can't benefit from set bonuses (since artifact weapons don't have set bonuses). On the flipside, there's no similar tradeoff for artifact belts (except I guess there's the Xvim set or something?) It's possible to design such equipment such that, yes, they're powerful, but they're not the obvious and only choice.

For instance, who wants to give up their four-piece set bonus for an artifact equip? Well, they'd probably give it up for FOUR pieces of artifact equipment.

I personally like the idea of trading in artifacts for equally leveled artifacts (possibly with an AD cost or something). For instance, I have a legendary Lantern. In the new lockbox, there's a third control bonus based artifact, and despite that I don't even use that many control powers (I end up annihilating everything instantly in PVE and don't do much PVP), I have a fixation with control bonus. So now I have to get the AD to purchase this new artifact off the AH and then relevel the artifact, despite that I've already leveled artifacts before. It's kind of depressing.

Anyway, maybe not new artifact equipment TYPES, but new artifact equipment SOURCES could work. So, for instance, we have the four basic belts from dragons/dungeons. But if you can get different belts (possibly weaker ones, but not hugely weaker) from other sources, so that everyone can have SOME kind of artifact equipment, that might not be taken so poorly.

Basically, to avoid power creep, take advantage of mutual exclusivity.
  • econakaeconaka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did server down again ??
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    irotar3232 wrote: »
    When we can expect first part of mod 5 on previev, this or next week?

Given the short time they have, devs may choose to design their mod5 in such a way that no preview is needed at all. Just creating a DragonLand realm of sorts, with the red-blue-green dragons that we already know, Tiamat being the only novelty
  • lilbro35lilbro35 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    with the amount of grinding and leveling of artifacts. this game is starting to look like runes of magic. i honestly dont know why ppl keep sinking money into a character and paying for things when it still takes forever to achieve anything. Blackice is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too. have to keep adding black ice. after farming the black ice bracers i think i have had enough of IWD. they need to rethink the systems for ppl who just dont have the time and money to sink into this game. or as other ppl said. many wont bother playing anymore.
  • guidogoombaguidogoomba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    More artifact equipment is ridiculous. Bridging the gap between old and new players even further. New players honestly shouldn't even bother anymore, so little chance to amount to anything in this grind RNG fest.

Well said. When I started playing the paper, pencil and dice D&D over 30 years ago, artifacts were just that...ARTIFACTS (and I did not even see artifacts until I started playing Advanced D&D). If you found one; like the Mace of Cuthbert or the Sword of Kas, or Baba Yaga's Hut; man, you were the BOSS. Now, everyone has THREE slotted, and likely more stashed away, and that waters down the game.
    16K Whisperknife TR - Sangre
    16K Master Infiltrator TR - Shadowshiv
    15K Iron Vanguard Sentinel GWF - Viktor Kurgan
    13K Control Wizard - Selene

See you all on the battlegrounds! :cool:
    edited October 2014

I think a GWF or GF with a Holy Avenger Enchantment would be considered Paladin-esque...although not really in my eyes. I am really looking forward to a Monk, or Brawler-class that uses NO weapons but bare fists, kicks and grappling. I wonder how the devs would work those mechanics?? :)

edited October 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    We've got a brand-new trailer announcing our upcoming module Rise of Tiamat!

Check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEcNR0s9seY

To learn more about the upcoming module check out our blog:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7007073-coming-soon%3A-rise-of-tiamat

You guys, with all the pressure you have to meet deadlines, and the incessant *****ing and moaning from those who want EVERYTHING; I gonna hand it to you. You do a pretty good job at making the game as fun as possible. We all know that, with software, there will be glitches, patches and the occasional crapouts. It happens and is inevitable. Keep up the great work.

I have been playing D&D for over 30 years, and am having so much fun playing this game. Thank you!

• leonus15leonus15 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In the link, it is said "Module 5: Rise of Tiamat will also bring a new paragon path for the Scourge Warlock class, new items, bigger battles and much more!". I wonder what the bigger battles mean and I hope it is about some new pvp war, like guild versus guild or to invade castles. I realy liked the Icewind Dale Module with the open world pvp, so if this go further, it will be very nice.
    The castle thing may be very sweet. I like very much the Malabog Castle dungeon, fighting the fomorian army, entering the castle and trying to reach the throne room. Now imagine this but like a pvp version, would be very cool.
    What you guys think that is coming up about the "bigger battles"?
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    leonus15 wrote: »
    In the link, it is said "Module 5: Rise of Tiamat will also bring a new paragon path for the Scourge Warlock class, new items, bigger battles and much more!". I wonder what the bigger battles mean and I hope it is about some new pvp war, like guild versus guild or to invade castles. I realy liked the Icewind Dale Module with the open world pvp, so if this go further, it will be very nice.
    The castle thing may be very sweet. I like very much the Malabog Castle dungeon, fighting the fomorian army, entering the castle and trying to reach the throne room. Now imagine this but like a pvp version, would be very cool.
    What you guys think that is coming up about the "bigger battles"?

Interesting do this new update bring back action based fight or keep going with gear/buff based.
    Dragon glyphs made all fights gear/buff based and killed action style, where players skills are more important than gear.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well said. When I started playing the paper, pencil and dice D&D over 30 years ago, artifacts were just that...ARTIFACTS (and I did not even see artifacts until I started playing Advanced D&D). If you found one; like the Mace of Cuthbert or the Sword of Kas, or Baba Yaga's Hut; man, you were the BOSS. Now, everyone has THREE slotted, and likely more stashed away, and that waters down the game.

This is why I think they need to scrap any future artifact equipment, its just a joke TBH.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This is why I think they need to scrap any future artifact equipment, its just a joke TBH.

The same can be said of magic equipment and enchantments in general - even at very high levels, your average character wouldn't be running around with every single piece of gear magic or enchanted in some way, (not to mention several pieces in storage).

I just wish they'd reign in the constant power creep and instead focus on evening out the divide between the have's and the have-not's...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Need more PvP Content
    2. No more artifact equipment (I have them, and I don't like the way it's OP)
    3. Do something about the glyphs
    4. PvP classes are far from balanced, pay attention to GWF they need a proper paragon
    5. The daily grinding is boring
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All post their wishlists, so do I:
    * Group pvp in open world, something like IWD, but you can change instances freely,
    so you can practise, fight guild war, or whatever you want
    without trick with swiching from one zone to another, like it is now with IWD.
    Limit plp in one instance, so it could be agreed 1vs1, 5vs5, 10vs10 but no more, we have GG for this.
    *More conten like mod4, where mobs are tough and hit hard, I hate milions and milions of mobs in dungeons runs.
    Make more specialized enemies, with nice attacks, finishers, etc. I like it a lot!
    *New system in dungeons, like seals, but more rare (1/dungeon, maybe different for each one),
    that you can trade (50pic) for specific item you want,
    I hate randominess in games, it is better if you finally can get what you need, if you play for it long enough.
    *Limit players in instances with heroic/epic encounter to 15 max!
    Fight with dragon should be tough and rewarding, now its 1min in Rothe/Caverns and its done.
    *And reward are... seriously drop rates are ridiculously low, change it please
    or award us with tokens per dragon, that we can trade 50/100/500/1000 for specific items we want.
    *Please no more bugs! I hate when I found out later about free ad from idols and other bugs,
    it makes me want to quit this game. Same with gold/ad spammers, they are killing this game.
  • khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You guys, with all the pressure you have to meet deadlines, and the incessant *****ing and moaning from those who want EVERYTHING; I gonna hand it to you. You do a pretty good job at making the game as fun as possible. We all know that, with software, there will be glitches, patches and the occasional crapouts. It happens and is inevitable. Keep up the great work.

I have been playing D&D for over 30 years, and am having so much fun playing this game. Thank you!
    I agree with just about everything you have said. I am the same as you, an oldie who back in the day had the felt bag of dice in my school bag. This game is amazing, and these devs have done a great job of making it not only fun but beautiful as well. I do see those few guys out there who seem to either spend their entire paychecks on the game or their parents are loaded, but they are relatively few. Those are the guys who, in PVP, all his other players are dead and your entire team is chipping away at him while his health dwindles slowly down like three lvl 29 players whittling at Charthraxis. BUT, that is what makes this game fun. You occasionally get to "inspect" someone near you while waiting for a dragon who has all lvl 10 enchants and set gear that is impossible. That is the GOAL! And nobody gets to that end goal in a week or two. It's constantly grinding, constantly playing the market, taking notes and getting to that point through work. This game is a microcosm of our young world society as a whole: all the youngsters today want instant gratification; they want to log in to the game, lvl 60 in a few hours, have purple end-game drops at every boss fight, and when, finally, geared up to the max, quit and move on to another game. Well, in the real world, you have to work daily at this, work until you are drained, then finally get rewarded for that one piece you have been working for. All you guys out there who after grinding encounters for your bracers probably stood up and cheered like I did, after weeks of over a hundred encounters. THAT is what makes the game fun, that is why we keep playing. I'll jump off my soapbox now...
  • msdragomirmsdragomir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i hate SSM's they are too OP even after nerf .. we need more boons or skills for Mof's .. try to do something for Mof's too in MOD5 ......
    btw why i cant test new module ???? its not working for me
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    msdragomir wrote: »
    i hate SSM's they are too OP even after nerf .. we need more boons or skills for Mof's .. try to do something for Mof's too in MOD5 ......
    btw why i cant test new module ???? its not working for me

Honestly, people always say "nerf" this or nerf that. Why not just say "make my path better than what it is". Although I'm not sure what exactly your expecting from a path thats heavily dot based....They cant make the dots tick harder because if so the pvp people would hang you. The dots are not strong enough to really burn a mob like the ssm can. The daily you gain from mof is kinda bad. Low damage and limited control. Its not the ssm that makes your mof bad its the skills its self. In current content what are you going to really dot that lives that long other than a boss XD. I would look to the sw for some solutions to give the dev to help the mof because its really heavily dot bases as well and its damage is very very much so op. Whatever system they based it on should just be copied to the mof. And your good to go. No need to break ssm further because mof is broken....come on I try to think of everyone as mature people. By hurting someone else it won't make your path better. You should know by now if the dev break a class in this game people just play something else lol XD
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rversant wrote: »
    it'd be cool if instead of refining the green/blue/purple gear directly into the artifact, we had a profession or vendor that we would deposit these items into, and he would return us some form of metal bars that we used to refine artifact gear.

So, instead of being able to refine the gear in full bags into an artifact on the fly even in a dungeon, one would have to return to town to a vendor. That'd destroy one of the conveniences of artifacts.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    khaymanbb wrote: »
    I agree with just about everything you have said. I am the same as you, an oldie who back in the day had the felt bag of dice in my school bag. This game is amazing, and these devs have done a great job of making it not only fun but beautiful as well. I do see those few guys out there who seem to either spend their entire paychecks on the game or their parents are loaded, but they are relatively few. Those are the guys who, in PVP, all his other players are dead and your entire team is chipping away at him while his health dwindles slowly down like three lvl 29 players whittling at Charthraxis. BUT, that is what makes this game fun. You occasionally get to "inspect" someone near you while waiting for a dragon who has all lvl 10 enchants and set gear that is impossible. That is the GOAL! And nobody gets to that end goal in a week or two. It's constantly grinding, constantly playing the market, taking notes and getting to that point through work. This game is a microcosm of our young world society as a whole: all the youngsters today want instant gratification; they want to log in to the game, lvl 60 in a few hours, have purple end-game drops at every boss fight, and when, finally, geared up to the max, quit and move on to another game. Well, in the real world, you have to work daily at this, work until you are drained, then finally get rewarded for that one piece you have been working for. All you guys out there who after grinding encounters for your bracers probably stood up and cheered like I did, after weeks of over a hundred encounters. THAT is what makes the game fun, that is why we keep playing. I'll jump off my soapbox now...
    Yeah slightly agree, but only slightly. I have a real life you know and I did not play during summer. I generally refuse to play computer games during summers, but rest of the year is pretty cold in my country.

However it is alarming that we have had 3d expansion released in May 2014 and now they talk about a 5th expansion! I have more then enought to do with trying to get boons from 3rd or 4th expansion.

This system maybe works for those who want only one character, but whats the point of a new character if you think great now I have to GRIND boons with this character from many expansions?

This time please do not remove my post! I do like this game and no I do not need freaking rank 10 enchantments lol. It is funny when some people talk proudly that they have rank 7 enchantments and then comes someone who wants only rank 10 enchants. From the PvE perspective you really do not need rank 10 enchantments. Actually playing with rank 8 enchantments makes it also fun game. I have actually 1 rank 9 enchantment, with one of my characters, but that is a rare exception.

If we forget this artifact and enchant thing this game could slow down on amount of new boons really. On the positive side major improvement have been that we have 2 new classes: Ranger and Warlock and some new races which have been released after the release. New Dungeons and PvP content is also welcome.
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    This system maybe works for those who want only one character, but whats the point of a new character if you think great now I have to GRIND boons with this character from many expansions?

Players with newly created characters have 2 options:
    1. grind for 1 to 2 months (after you reach level 60) to get the Boons in all previous campaigns, since the newest one you can start at 30.
    2. Spend 10,000 ZEN to skip Sharandar and Dread Ring
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tyranny of Holy Tymora I am sick of killing dragons........
  • rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Things are being rushed too fast.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the combat needs some tweaking, as I find most of the everyday combat getting boring. Some suggestions

- Increase damage/attack speed of some of the slower mobs, ESPECIALLY dragons. I think the blue is the only one I have to really pay attention to.
    - Make death more meaningful
    - Allow legit walkup shortmanning of epics. The most fun I've ever had in this game was shortmanning heroics

I'm not even talking remotely hardcore here, just add a bit more fun factor.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Players with newly created characters have 2 options:
    1. grind for 1 to 2 months (after you reach level 60) to get the Boons in all previous campaigns, since the newest one you can start at 30.
    2. Spend 10,000 ZEN to skip Sharandar and Dread Ring
    Interesting my Warlock is exactly level 30. My main focus is to get boons to my other characters so very rarely playing with my Warlock, but I will check if I can start 4th campaign. My Warlock has gotten already his first Artifact from the Artifact quest that you get in main city area.

Excellent NEWS! This helps a lot so 4th expansion boons can be done while level up? I created my Warlock during that double exp weekend if I remember correctly or shortly before that. That ZEN store sells boons done first expansion and second expansion is interesting though yes it is expensive, but I have nothing against voluntary buy to win and sure we all spend money how we want.
  • caelumareshcaelumaresh Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope the next Scourge path will be the Fey Pact Warlock:

Feypact warlock (The Archfey, in 5th Edition)
    Fey pact warlocks, who are among the fewest in number of all warlocks, forgo the obvious dangers of dealing with devils or the forbidding mystery that surrounds the star pact but instead deal with powerful, supernatural forces of the Feywild. Such spirits of the natural world may be menacing or simply capricious in their dealings with mortals of the Prime. Some might be faerie-like dryads or sylphs while others are less easily defined, more like incarnations of nature than anything else. Many of the sponsors of warlocks seeking the fey pact are dangerous archfey as the Queen of Air and Darkness or other such Unseelie fey, although a few receive their powers from the more benevolent Seelie fey.

The magic bestowed upon fey pact warlocks can be enchanting, while retaining the savage lethality common to the Feywild. Typical spells may charm a foe or burn them alive, reflecting the often fickle nature of the fey. Often such invocations require the wielder to have a high level of natural presence and charm, with which they can hold their own in negotiations with the wily and often deceptive fey. The most basic of these, known to all of the fey pact, is eyebite, which causes its victim to lose sight of their attacker under the weight of staggering psychic pain. Additionally, fey pact warlocks with a measure of fey blood may also demonstrate a natural affinity for flora and fauna, allowing them to locate hidden wildlife with relative ease.

Warlocks who focus all their attention on dealing with fey spirits might become one of the feytouched, half-mad arcanists who slip between the Feywild and the Prime as they wish. Some of the best-known organizations of fey pact warlock include the Lakh-Myr Thorns, who during the Era of Upheaval were headed by a shadar-kai named Gaen Ral as well as the Tairemgira of Kryptgarden Forest. While most fey pact warlocks side with the Unseelie, a few have come under the patronage of more benevolent beings, such as the archfey Titania.

TAKEN FROM: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Warlock
This discussion has been closed.