What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching is not working

Comments

• Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hot news:,,Due to problems with server and various bugs we postpone new module for 1 week, behold for mighty mod 5 dear neverwinter players.''
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    allysdeltaallysdelta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh good, it's not just me! I hope it's just because everyone's trying to log on at once.
  • Options
    dragonlover982dragonlover982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    "I Can't Play. Launcher Keeps Trying To Update And Fail"

Check Google for a Bob Dylan to English dictionary.

Oh how I wish there was an upvote button on here.
    I really wish more MMO players had an IQ higher than a chihuahua
    Originally Posted by iuseforum
    Game is broken. Unpatch the game
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    I have now tried multiple times to log into both Neverwinter and Champions Online--in every instance the 'Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate' has a little window saying 'Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient' and it will try 4 or 5 times before an error window pops up that says 'Unable to establish connection to patch server' and tells me to check my internet connection.

There's nothing wrong with my internet connection so I can only assume this has to do with the new Tiamat patch? What's the latest?

Looks like the update server crashed. Again.
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ditto on the problem.... sigh.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same issue. This is AFTER getting in the game several times, so it's not related to needing to patch (for those people that immediately jump to that conclusion.)
  • Options
    b2owb2ow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    Yes you have to wait your turn it seems. I finally got in then the game crashed the moment I load into PE...

I play every day, so pre patch done, pacthed again this morning while maintenace was ongoing. Yes that is slow, a zillion others also patching. In game patching is insanely slow and very frequent. Wait, wait and then wait some more for a small patch. Log to char selct and getting a black screen and still patching. Give up and leave game, can't get in again, what gives?
  • Options
    maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Got launcher up and starting downloading patch until it froze. Now the launcher isn't loading - getting same message after 4 times trying to start.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    server is back up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    its dead jim.............
  • Options
    asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same. Posted it on Facebook as well.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Servers probably melted from Everybody & Dog, Inc. trying to DL the patch and/or log in at once.
    *le sigh*
    O well. Gateway's working fine so I can manage my professions as normal at least.
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    abletto wrote: »
    Servers have crashed no doubt, denial of service from massive spike in connections. Everyone downloading patch at same time, mine was going around 5/kBs until it got to 100MB and died.

These things tend to happen with MMOs on release dates, just give it some time :P

I doubt this has anything to do w/ Neverwinter as it's the same on STO and champions too, so it's prolly a whole cryptic/wide failure of sorts. Funny is that I logged out of STO to see if I could log into Neverwinter then and then when that failed, I couldn't log back into STO.
    Hopefully they will fix this ASAP, I've got celestial coins vanishing soon.
  • Options
    ainarelainarel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same. "Nice" new mode launch. ;/
    My connection is great, and yet it says it can't connect to the patch server.
    I've logged in right after it patched, it was fine. Then I logged out for a bit. Now can't get back in game because the launcher doesn't come up and gives me that "Can't connect to the patch server" thing.
  • Options
    mekagravemekagrave Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same. Crashed during patching and now says I cannot connect to the patch server. I just played last night. Way to go Rise of Tiamat.. Thanks. It is not like you guys don't make a **** ton of money off this game where we are forced to pay for everything practical or grind for years but yet you can't turn out a smooth module? It is full of bugs and now half the players cannot even access the game! How much money does it take? How many players you need to fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? You should start actually listening to your ****ing player base! They pay you and we support you and I don't hardly ever see responses to your players posts. I never see you make up for any of the bad business <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you make your players endure. Sure its a fun game and I can get over the pay for everything thing. It could be a great game.. it could be ****ing amazing but you don't listen to the people playing the game and supporting your game. People have told you guys to change certain things many times because sometimes you guys do something that really does suck and we don't like it. So instead of forcing everyone to just deal with it you should Fix it! Work on the content you already have and perfect the game instead of distracting everyone to look past the bugs and complete inability to even play!
  • Options
    akireonakireon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can't log on as well... Went to move to the new area and game crashed.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    "I Can't Play. Launcher Keeps Trying To Update And Fail"

Check Google for a Bob Dylan to English dictionary.

Akro's lookin' nervous,
    Fretting' 'bout the servers,
    I'm on the forum,
    QQin' up a storm,
    Man in the Black Ice,
    Says his cheevs ain't lookin' nice,

(and so on, sorry..)
  • Options
    emmrossemmross Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, same deal
  • Options
    thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    n1nja4n1nja4 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I cant even open the launcher ! It says trying to update but still not working at all!
  • Options
    paddletimepaddletime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Servers are still down. Please don't post and say they are when they aren't. It just causes more aggro.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    8pm here and still havent even downloaded / patched more than 134mb

useless devs/ mods aint doing anything it seems not even a Post on dev tracker yet .....
  • Options
    ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can someone please link me a NW launcher.exe to download that doesnt have to update and get stuck at 18MB trying to update the launcher... like the one support gave me after I asked them to give me "the latest one"
  • Options
    z0w3rz0w3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here, good to know im not the only one... all right, lets wait...
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep Launcher no launchee. No it's not my connection.
  • Options
    tekradkillerstekradkillers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kiijo wrote: »
    Ok, I am unable to connect to the launcher patch update and my connection is just fine. Is this all part of the same issue or is the a unique problem? thanks for any comments...

I have been trying to play since 930PST this morning. The updater would hang up around 32-34%. I looked through all the FAQ's and just about any post that was put up today to see if there was something I could fix. I went through all the online games I have and they connect without issue and no visible lag. I even did the repair ARC process just to make sure. Went to launch from arc and it won't connect to the auto updater now.

I have a feeling that the patch server is down. There have been a ton of posts and responses from players and I am sure someone is working on fixing it. Going to go get some RL stuff done and hopefully everything will be working when I get back.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Honestly. We can send space probes beyond the boundaries of the known universe...

No, we really can't. We have barely made it out of the solar system so far, let alone out of our lightcone.
    Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

(Yes, I know, but it's more amusing than watching the launcher fail to... launch.)
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem here...
  • Options
    ragnar002ragnar002 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dinacio wrote: »
    hello

Is just me or are more pll having pb whit the lancher ??

i cant play lancher queep trying tu update and fail

i am trying too cant launch
This discussion has been closed.