What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching is not working

Comments

• Options
    vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i managed to get in, then stuck at 0-10kbps on-demand patching in pvp until i was logged out after 1800 seconds not responding. I relaunched the game and now it says cannot connect to patch server.

Im guessing the patch server load is heavy with everyone downloading patches
    (cryptic shouldn't post countdowns in the future, to avoid all the lifeless f5f5f5f5 newbs like me and possible server overload)

ill just go to sleep and start before new NW day starts. 12:23 am here.
    Enjoy the new campaign, Rise of the Prices !
  • Options
    brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    seems the same here, i get the black screen with "cryptic" and then it fails, telling me i can't connect to patch server...
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Twitter:

@MjrPeachyBottom Our devs are looking into this

8:18 PM - 18 Nov 2014

- Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    ainarelainarel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nah, still can't go past the launcher and its eternal "Connecting..." before it crashes.
    Bad.
  • Options
    hag270114hag270114 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    seems the same here, i get the black screen with "cryptic" and then it fails, telling me i can't connect to patch server...
    I was running through the patches just fine, entered the game and was checking my 3 chars. When i tried to leave Protector's Enclave with 1 char, the "Patching 1 file ... 0kB/s ..." appeared and didn't move. Since i closed the window after a loong wait, i haven't been able to enter the game. :mad:
  • Options
    faeromalikitefaeromalikite Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same for me, I can get to the actually login screen, log in but when I click "PLAY" it crashed. Any ideas?

Had to Verify ALL the files and it worked....fyi
  • Options
    damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's not just Neverwinter acting up, at least for me. STO seems to be having issues with logging in and connecting to the server as well.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Even if you manage to start the game, it can'T connect to the account server.
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's not just Neverwinter acting up, at least for me. STO seems to be having issues with logging in and connecting to the server as well.

Same for me on both champions and sto
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    The patcher should be working properly now. Please let us know if you're still having issues.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    Servers probably melted from Everybody & Dog, Inc. trying to DL the patch and/or log in at once.
    *le sigh*
    O well. Gateway's working fine so I can manage my professions as normal at least.

As long as by "fine" you mean, it's working as slowly and sometimes-requiring-a-reload-because-the-JSON-response-breaks..ly as usual, then yup, fine. :)
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also, if you have on-demand patching on, try turning it off in the launcher options. This will result in everything being patched up-front, however, you won't have to worry about patching during the game.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm still having problems.

I get the launcher come up then just says loading launcher but nothing happens.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    The patcher should be working properly now. Please let us know if you're still having issues.
    Query: define "Issues"

Is 15 minutes waiting in front of the launcher screen "issues" or rather considered "as expected at a new release"?
    (And I do not mean that after 15 minutes I get a feeling of "advancing" into the actual game, still talking about spinning circles on the launcher screen)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Because your connection speed isn't the sole factor in determining how fast you can download a patch. In this case, everyone, their grandfather, their dog, and the puppies are downloading the latest module. Even the best bandwidth available is going to be taxed a trifle.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I logged in OK then got disconnected now the launchers is just hanging all updates are done. Its hanging on version NW.35.lots more numbers. can you suggest what to do.
    cleared cache, re-logged all the normal stuff, checked my net all is OK this end.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I could punch in my password and hit enter.
    Again waiting watching the launcher screen.

This nice button, "visit Gateway" is tempting me.
    But the gateway does not work either.

My network connection should be OK ...

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=45
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=66ms TTL=45
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=45
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=96ms TTL=45
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nope gateway is down too
    8.8.8.8 is Google dns
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    hoofit wrote: »
    Nope gateway is down too
    8.8.8.8 is Google dns
    Indeed? A miracle! My network seems to be OK then as I accidentially pinged a very popular DNS reachable by everyone! This might as well demonstrate that MY end of the netork is working! What a coincidence! But thank you very much for pointing this out to me, I never ever had the idea to do a nslookup for 8.8.8.8. Not that I know the command!

So, after another 12 minutes I am at 13% patched. did I already mention that I patched fully the last time about 13 hours ago?
    Client says "Patched 707.8MB / 5189MB" atm.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I could punch in my password and hit enter.
    Again waiting watching the launcher screen.

This nice button, "visit Gateway" is tempting me.
    But the gateway does not work either.

My network connection should be OK ...

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=45
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=66ms TTL=45
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=45
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=96ms TTL=45

Pinging a particular IP address doesn't mean a thing except that you can ping that address. It doesn't tell you what may be obstructing that route.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    paddletimepaddletime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still cant login on launcher program. can we please get an eta? ignorance is not bliss
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Pinging a particular IP address doesn't mean a thing except that you can ping that address. It doesn't tell you what may be obstructing that route.
    Indeed. but given the voices (or one might say choir) on the forum it is extremely likely that the obstruction is not on my ISP side or the way to this recently discovered continent named America, but much more likely to be on the PWE end.

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.2.1
    2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms 84.116.25.33
    5 14 ms 9 ms 9 ms 84.116.228.149

6 10 ms 9 ms 12 ms 213.46.173.125
    7 10 ms 8 ms 11 ms at-inn01a-ra1-so-1-0-0-0.aorta.net [213.46.173.226]
    8 117 ms 114 ms 121 ms xe-3-0-0.bos10.ip4.gtt.net [141.136.109.138]
    9 119 ms 115 ms 120 ms internap-gw.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.77.54]
    10 122 ms 119 ms 115 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.104]
    11 118 ms 120 ms 124 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    12 116 ms 123 ms 126 ms 208.95.185.225
    13 114 ms 119 ms 115 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

unlucky for me, the CrypticNetTest.exe is stuck for a few minutes now at:
    contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: <my IP>
    Ping: 600.2 msec
    Port: 80:
    <DEAD>
  • Options
    tenborotenboro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    paddletime wrote: »
    Still cant login on launcher program. can we please get an eta? ignorance is not bliss

Keep getting disconnected from the patching server, gateway isn't working either.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    its a problem with the server you dont need to discuss it its obvious. i jsut wish they would give an eta rather than ignoring us
  • Options
    blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I kept having problems then I rebooted my computer and it worked fine.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    il give that a shot and report back
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Instead of complaining. Maybe you should try closing the launcher and restarting it. I still had my launcher running when the issue was going on and when they fixed it I could see the change in the speed and patching was done in no time.
  • Options
    tuncdragomirtuncdragomir Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    I keep gettin the same msg for several hrs "Too many attempts please try again later".Couldnt even patch the game.Another failed maintenance and update??.Anybody havin this after the official release of tiamat?
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

All well in good but 5-6 hours to fix it isnt really acceptable

pretty much an epic failure of a launch if your in the UK 4 of my friends who play the game and are on different ISPS all had same issue so mods coming on and saying possible isp related is kind of idiotic
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yesterday after the patch I couldn't play at all, as if Perfect World didn't pay their internet bills and lagged/disconnected as hell. Even playing on the gateway was impossible due to lag and disconnects.

Today at work the gateway seems fine so far, will see how it goes later when I get home.

Maybe just taking a short break until the hype is over and a normal amount of people try to play.
This discussion has been closed.