Comments

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Launcher not working.
    Gateway not working.
    Gatewaytest not working.

Forum fine -> internet fine.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    ainarelainarel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's nobody's connection's fault.
    And it doesn't work on either Arc or Steam or separately. Same thing with "can't connect".
  • Options
    asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I thought it was me so I did all the things one can do reset my modem/wifi/restart my computer ecetra and I have not even been able to finish patching. Now it wont even connect!! GG
    I hope you guys can fix this bull**** before my wife gets off work and wants to play TERRA a game that seems to have very few problems and very little downtime :P
  • Options
    alowishesalowishes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +1

/edit

nevermind. seems to be patching now
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's been happening all day. I wonder where the update's at.
  • Options
    josephdjosephd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ainarel wrote: »
    It's nobody's connection's fault.
    And it doesn't work on either Arc or Steam or separately. Same thing with "can't connect".

Same here. Be patient all, this game is a fun game and u really dont have to spend anything/alot to enjoy every aspec of the game.

Gunk
    AkA
    Joe
  • Options
    ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +1 *Delete this reply too will ya o_O*
  • Options
    thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    serut1264serut1264 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    after 1.5 hrs, still sitting at 90.1% A little input from the "ones in charge" would be nice. Are they working on the issue? I'm not sure the whole issue is people logging on at the same time. There surely is an issue somewhere else?.?.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    looks like its working now... patching... slowly.. even though I "pre" patched (lol joke that never works)
  • Options
    kumardkumard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well my only time to play today and i cant thanks
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Steam gives me the launcher now, but it doesn't go past that. So I have to stare at "Rise of Tiamat is live" line and not actually see it live. Swell thing.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am able to log in after some dozend tries. Now the patching continues with the speed of a race snail.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    for me it's still the launcher with a promising "Connecting..." line. Aha. Sure. Connecting. I hope it connects some time this year.
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I now manage to get in, After a very veryyyy long time, the botton to start game becomes clickable.
    However, when the cryptic logo shows, it is stuck there until this message pops:
    Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long
  • Options
    boxerdog4everboxerdog4ever Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    I finally finished loading all the patches ( previously ran the pre patching also ) .
    Upon completion of the patching , NOW the cryptic launcher program fails .

I get the small box stating the the launcher is trying to update .
    It fails to connect 5 times and then another box says it has failed to connect to the patch server .
    I have ran the tracert to patchserver2 ( 208.95.185.41 )and it comes back fine ( the usual slightly high number when using Cogentco , but this is usual )

Do I have to try and use ARC to get in ?
    Anyone else having this issue ?

I AM! for an hour now!
  • Options
    faeromalikitefaeromalikite Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    malikieth wrote: »
    when i try to start neverwinter i get this message after the cryptic launcher autoudate trys to connect 5 time.......Unable to establish connection to patch server. please check your internet connection if problem persists please contact Technical support..

my internet connection is fine. otherwise i wouldn't be here to post . so anyone have an idea whats happened?

Same for me, I can get to the actually login screen, log in but when I click "PLAY" it crashed. Any ideas?
  • Options
    gabbagulgabbagul Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ethandw wrote: »
    I now manage to get in, After a very veryyyy long time, the botton to start game becomes clickable.
    However, when the cryptic logo shows, it is stuck there until this message pops:
    Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long

Usually, I get the small box saying the launcher is trying to update 5 times, then boom, no love. Rarely, I get the launcher to finish loading, get a play button, then the quoted lovely stuff above takes place. Ugh. Won't even allow me to describe what's happening in the error submission box that pops up, as that's whisked away into oblivion in short order.
  • Options
    yolexayolexa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same issue here! Plz fix this!, Now it works but it keeps crashing once its Loading.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ethandw wrote: »

Yep. Ditto.
  • Options
    rynnaleerynnalee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    still not able to DL the patch??
  • Options
    barginnbarginn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have managed to get 2/5 of the patch over a 4 hour period. This does not include the pre-patch, which was done days ago. Nothing wrong with my connection here. The last 10 minutes have gotten me 1.2%, after reconnecting. How did some people manage to get it in 20 minutes?
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Update: I am now at the well of dragons.
    It all loaded after trying to play for 2 hours.
    I expect some of you may be able to join soon too :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    This is frustrating. And most frustrating is the lack of response, both here and on twitter. Shame.
  • Options
    kbtaykbtay Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep. Ditto.
    Same problem. cannot play game
  • Options
    skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have been patching since 7:30 am, when it said 1080 mb, and was at 91% completed. At around 12.15-ish launcher crashes and restars to 0% completed and now needing 1711mb to download.
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • Options
    tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is frustrating. And most frustrating is the lack of response, both here and on twitter. Shame.

yeah im not able to launch arc. every time its saying its a cryptic error and my connectivity. I know people who are on right now but alot of my guild is not on. Not sure if its the same problem im having but im guessing it is after seeing all of these posts. Probably because so many people are logging on for the new mod. Or its just a bad bug.. Hope i can log on later. its been about an hour now. I was logged on before. was able to respec my dc. It was when i was switching my characters that it dissconnected me. Now its impossible to load back up..
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys!

Devs are on the case. We will keep you posted as best we can. As always, thank you for your patience and support :)
  • Options
    crasstestcrasstest Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem here, tried with multiple internets, both wireless and wired. Deinstalled neverwinter and downloaded again, no use. (downloading only takes about 3min cause its not the entire program, so that means another 2134567235467hours of patches and updates later on :D i give up for today)
This discussion has been closed.