What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching is not working

Comments

• Options
    aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    over 3700 seconds = 1 hour of waiting... went to IWD... bad move...
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After 30 minutes of struggling to patch i finaly got ingame...waited for another 10-15 minutes to load protectors enclave and when i though im finaly off the hook, i started the new q and open the Well of dragons map...that was fatal. 40 minutes and the map didnt open. its going sio fkn slow i feel like geting stuff from a dial up line, instead of my 300mbs fiber optics...its patching that stuipid map with 7bytes per second...

I think my kids will be able to play that any time this year at that rate.
    And please dont tell me its my pc cause ive done every single fkn test and ran all posible cleaners, scans and download test. closed that sht game and got a movie to watch while it patches and it download with 6-9 mb/s.
    Restarted the launcher and its been cheking for tha version of dam thing for the last 20 min...

Weak .. very weak preparation from your end.

You will never get your full download speed so saying type of speed you have is pointless. Providers throttle internet speeds as they want more money. You are paying for a service that you will never get.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's not any better once you get into the game anyway, unplayable lag and rubberbanding
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    al0baral0bar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I cannot get it that ever f... time we have a new module's release the server shard do not get along with the traffic...
    People of Cryptic... you are running a game that many of us payed for (and some of us quite an amount of money) !

Not very nice for us to see that you do not improve logistically... please get your issues sorted out before the module is
    supposed to run... you know that on days like today the traffic increases...

this is - in my humble opinion - not a professional behavior from your side if your users have to sit with black monitors showing loading screens for hours every time something new comes into game. Please improve ! and please do it very soon !
    Noli temere messorem

Guild Leader "Touched by Knox"
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The patch got stuck 3 or 4 times, so I stopped the download, now even the launcher is not loading.

They suggest, that my connection is bad. As it is, I write in this forum, stream a video and CANT connect to NW. Good job, slow clap.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    kikakuniakikakunia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Or a launcher that cant connect :)
  • Options
    xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    [IMG][/img]Patcherror_zps21bf46e3.png

I clearly have a internet connection so.....
  • Options
    ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same old Same old Slow Servers Low Quality, shows this forever
    http://imgur.com/ehARXnr
  • Options
    rawlor9krawlor9k Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yeah... patch server isn't even trying anymore. needs to be revived.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And here I was thinking mod 5 was preloading after exiting the game for about a week now precisely to avoid year 1998 download speeds upon launch.
    I must have somehow misinterpreted cryptic's masterplan I guess.

Listen moron I had pre patched way before this i'm talking about the conversion from pre patch to live when it checks and copys over when servers are live and they were on still all this time and it aint patching

here i was thinking you were intelligent GUESS i was wrong
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xginocidex wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]Patcherror_zps21bf46e3.png

I clearly have a internet connection so.....

same here... unable to connect to patch server.

ETA?? hello beuller? bueller? anyone home???
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem. Patching is long complete for me, but the launcher isn't loading and starting the game via GameClient.exe leads to a non-responsive window.
  • Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Once you get past the launcher patch, you'll get a much slower/larger patch when entering the Well of Dragons zone.
  • Options
    dinaciodinacio Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hello

Is just me or are more pll having pb whit the lancher ??

i cant play lancher queep trying tu update and fail
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    Welcome to module release day. Please take a number and get in line.

This ^

/10char
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    same here... unable to connect to patch server.

ETA?? hello beuller? bueller? anyone home???

I was getting that but I just managed to get onto the login server after keeping on trying , now to see if I can connect xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here is the error message that comes up when trying to load the launcher:

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

I restarted after having the game hang up on character change. It appeared to be stuck trying to patch one file. Kept doing this, so I kept closing and restarting the game. Eventually, the above error was what I would get when I would try to restart. Hoping that helps you guys track down the issue.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You're all trying to patch and get in like salmon swimming upstream into a narrower gap. You'll get there. Just give it time.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    adikulusadikulus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I tried to join another location and i got "patching files" but with 0 b/s and now i can't join the game
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same
    manually launching GameClient = crash
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    It's not just you, no.
  • Options
    lordopiclordopic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dinacio wrote: »
    hello

Its mod 5 day, everyone is having the same problem in game and trying to get into the game... I was in got stuck patching entering PE and now cant get bk into the game...
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same, patch 100% loaded, started to play, took the Tiamat well quest, walked to gate and poof, "can't connect to patch server"
  • Options
    rawlor9krawlor9k Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, yes, it would eventually get there. But at the present moment the patch server is unresponsive. No one is getting anything until it gets fixed.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    At least gateway is working, so I can check leadership. Or play SCA.
  • Options
    borisadrianborisadrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    You will never get your full download speed so saying type of speed you have is pointless. Providers throttle internet speeds as they want more money. You are paying for a service that you will never get.

I was just pointing that my internet conection is realy not the problem here ... since i have tested and used my realy good internet conection sever times. not expecting to DL with max speed, but 7 bytes ..cmon its realy lame.

Now launcher not even starting ffs i get that foolish error:
    error.jpg
  • Options
    serut1264serut1264 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, agree the whole thing needs a reboot. Still sitting at 90.1%
  • Options
    kikakuniakikakunia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    But i dont have the time :(

Do you guys really want me start up a game called wauw?? ... No i wont do that, ill just sit back, smoke some stuff, and click the launcher
  • Options
    felinegamingfelinegaming Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dinacio wrote: »
    hello

What? I can make sense of the first sentence, but your second..... I have no idea what you're saying.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    topic233456
This discussion has been closed.