What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patching is not working

Comments

• Options
    shundarishundari Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same here, I tried to load into a zone and it stuck on loading then kicked me and now I cant get in. lol
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I finally finished loading all the patches ( previously ran the pre patching also ) .
    Upon completion of the patching , NOW the cryptic launcher program fails .

I get the small box stating the the launcher is trying to update .
    It fails to connect 5 times and then another box says it has failed to connect to the patch server .
    I have ran the tracert to patchserver2 ( 208.95.185.41 )and it comes back fine ( the usual slightly high number when using Cogentco , but this is usual )

Do I have to try and use ARC to get in ?
    Anyone else having this issue ?
  • Options
    myleafsmyleafs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Finished patching, now Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate not connecting, try after try. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW- I use Arc to launch client. and it says, "trying to update the launcher" yet can't seem to connect.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What? I can make sense of the first sentence, but your second..... I have no idea what you're saying.

"I Can't Play. Launcher Keeps Trying To Update And Fail"

Check Google for a Bob Dylan to English dictionary.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    blesstebanblessteban Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    have the same problem here
  • Options
    kj1303kj1303 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can not start Launcher at all just says tried to connect, and my connection is not the problem.
    So proberbly they made a fault in programming, that released some security protocol or server is not responding to launcher.
  • Options
    kumardkumard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    I have now tried multiple times to log into both Neverwinter and Champions Online--in every instance the 'Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate' has a little window saying 'Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient' and it will try 4 or 5 times before an error window pops up that says 'Unable to establish connection to patch server' and tells me to check my internet connection.

There's nothing wrong with my internet connection so I can only assume this has to do with the new Tiamat patch? What's the latest?
    same issue im having
  • Options
    todddyb1todddyb1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have the same problem.
  • Options
    golkaxgolkax Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    I finally finished loading all the patches ( previously ran the pre patching also ) .
    Upon completion of the patching , NOW the cryptic launcher program fails .

I get the small box stating the the launcher is trying to update .
    It fails to connect 5 times and then another box says it has failed to connect to the patch server .
    I have ran the tracert to patchserver2 ( 208.95.185.41 )and it comes back fine ( the usual slightly high number when using Cogentco , but this is usual )

Do I have to try and use ARC to get in ?
    Anyone else having this issue ?

Yes I am having this issue right now as a matter of fact except I'm using the ARC client still.
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same, died during zone transfer and now I can not connect. Boo!
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same here.....
  • Options
    eilis101eilis101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    STO's getting hit with it, too.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    same here.........
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same.
    After taking the well quest and going to the tiamat zone, it took forever to patch.
    Eventually i closed the game.
    Now I am "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server"
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You're all trying to patch and get in like salmon swimming upstream into a narrower gap. You'll get there. Just give it time.

Apparently, you didn't read what I posted. I had already patched and was playing. Game got stuck when I was changing characters trying to do one of those incremental in game patches and so I closed it, now the launcher won't even load.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same same same here.
    It' s all on Cryptic side.
    Funny how they try to guilt you with their Check your internet connection message
  • Options
    gorkzillagorkzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same prob. as the OP. cant establish a connection. sigh ... Cryptic are the only company that has this problem every time they tinker or update their games... makes me wonder as to who are really are behind the scene when developing these games. Maybe its time to handover D&D franchises to someone more reputable company like Bioware or some such...
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well I've been patching for over an hour and am on 36 no 37%. I'm pretty sure its because so many are patching at once, but that's a guess.
  • Options
    ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2014
    Servers have crashed no doubt, denial of service from massive spike in connections. Everyone downloading patch at same time, mine was going around 5/kBs until it got to 100MB and died.

These things tend to happen with MMOs on release dates, just give it some time :P
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You're all trying to patch and get in like salmon swimming upstream into a narrower gap. You'll get there. Just give it time.

lol nope fail, its not even letting 1 fish into the stream right now.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    More or less the same problem as the OP's. DL'ed the patch no problem during the downtime; but now trying to start the launcher results in it trying to autoupdate, failing to connect 4 times and spitting out the following error message: "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check you Internet connection. If problem persist (sic), please contact Technical Support."

Well, seeing as how I'm posting this my Internet connection is self-evidently fine...
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Launcher doesn't even open for me...
  • Options
    kiijokiijo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok, I am unable to connect to the launcher patch update and my connection is just fine. Is this all part of the same issue or is the a unique problem? thanks for any comments...
  • Options
    razorlanrazorlan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kj1303 wrote: »
    I can not start Launcher at all just says tried to connect, and my connection is not the problem.
    So proberbly they made a fault in programming, that released some security protocol or server is not responding to launcher.

I am having the same problem. It was patching very slowly for a while, and then the patcher froze. When I restarted it, I got the same error message you all are getting that says the launcher cannot connect. The problem cannot be my internet, since I am typing this on it right now.
  • Options
    zululazulula Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem here...going on over an hour of trying :(
  • Options
    boxerdog4everboxerdog4ever Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same problem
  • Options
    malikiethmalikieth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    when i try to start neverwinter i get this message after the cryptic launcher autoudate trys to connect 5 time.......Unable to establish connection to patch server. please check your internet connection if problem persists please contact Technical support..

my internet connection is fine. otherwise i wouldn't be here to post . so anyone have an idea whats happened?
This discussion has been closed.