test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respen's Bugged - PUGing = Broken Instance

nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
just tried to do respen's game on two different toons.

queue fired for both toons just fine, then I was stuck in a instance that had NO progression. I was able to move around and use Zone chat, but none of us could move past a bridge that was just around the wall w/ the NW written on it.

quit on both toons after a couple of minutes of not being able to move on.

hope this gets fixed Very Soon!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This can happen in any skirmish or dungeon where something misfires and bugs out.

The queue is not smart enough to understand that something has gone wrong to prevent progress and keeps trying to fill the instance as people drop from the party. In fact, it makes the bugged instance a priority because it's trying to make a full party, which is why you kept getting dropped in there.

Queue in a full group instead of solo and you will always get a fresh instance. Even queuing with one friend you've got better chances of not being dropped into a bugged instance.

I suspect the only way to for sure clear up a buggy instance (without maint to take the servers down) would be if everyone in the party agreed to disconnect (not drop party) that character for 10-15 minutes. The instance would finally register as empty and be deleted.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think some progression preventing may be caused my someone who for example picks of the keys and then disconnects. Sucks that they haven't fixed it after all of this time but whatever.
  • chewmagnachewmagna Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm having the same problem. I've joined half a dozen times now and can't progress past where you spawn in. I'd like to try joining with other people to try and get past that, but I don't know anyone else in the game... :(
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Out of about 30 attempts to queue, I was plunked into that 'behind the billboard' instance maybe 6 or 7 times. I just left party, waited 30 seconds or so and queued again..

I suspect the instance is there like the molasses swamp, and it is going to keep catching people until something happens to kill it. You just have to get lucky and queue when it is full.

It's annoying as all get out, but at least we can get around it.
  • texperkintexperkin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Think it seems to happen on the Forest of Peril one more often. Is everyone else finding this?
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    texperkin wrote: »
    Think it seems to happen on the Forest of Peril one more often. Is everyone else finding this?

Seems about right.

Definitely need a "Hey X number of people have dropped, void this" line of code.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • texperkintexperkin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actually, it seems to happen every time. I haven't even been able to play Forest of Peril :)
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unfortunately it is bugged and the forest of peril just keeps loading and loading, you leave party and try to queue and you get the same bugged instance.

Not an auspicious start to a weekend event.
  • grimfang50grimfang50 Member Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    just tried to do respen's game on two different toons.

queue fired for both toons just fine, then I was stuck in a instance that had NO progression. I was able to move around and use Zone chat, but none of us could move past a bridge that was just around the wall w/ the NW written on it.

quit on both toons after a couple of minutes of not being able to move on.

hope this gets fixed Very Soon!

Tried to get into the skirmish, 13 times, and it kept taking me to the bugged one! Not one to ***** much, but this is ridiculous!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When you queue up and get the accept popup. Stay away from any that already has people checked in from the get go. That is a clear indication that its a bugged instance with people already in it, and the queue is trying hard to get you to fill in. If the acceptance popup starts off empty and you can see everyone check in, that one is most likely a non-bugged instance.
  • wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    same here ... out of 20 tries, i only got to get into the game and actually play ONCE! tried to make party of 5 outside and then join, but can't get enough party members :(
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here. I had only 5 good instances in an 1.5 of queuing. THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!!!!!
  • aseekerofinfoaseekerofinfo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So.............. Just tried to join the event and it gives you a map and your a small little player and erm...thats it, nothing else.
    You can move about but cannot start it or anything.
    Is this event gonna be fixed soon or are you guys gonna extend it for a few days as ppl really want to try this event but its so bugged its almost a joke!
  • canija777canija777 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am suspecting there is something else than a bug behind this. All the bugged instances I have joined had 1 or more disconnected players in party. And I have been kicked by leader, not by the game, in a couple of occasions when the group was: leader, me, and a disconnected player.
  • quilloftyranquilloftyran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Ihad that happen earlir today... I just left group and re-qued for event, and everything seemed fine after that.

I have tried re-queue-ing for a while now and still not fixed.
  • wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited November 2014
    Best thing to do till it is fixed is to form up your own full group then join Que.
  • ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Best thing would be for them to take it down, fix this problem that happened the last time they rolled this out and then try again, poor poor poor programming, customer service and just lack of respect for the players.

cheers
    edited November 2014
    I think I have figured it out. In the "The Forrest of Peril" adventure the designers forgot to change the starting position from the program default to the new starting point. This means that everyone spawns in at a point that is essentially off the map. Now, the is a possibility that the bridges are also bugged, but most likely that is so someone can't trick the system and jump ahead.
  • generalesdesegeneralesdese Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I just did a few runs on both versions with a guild and it semeed to work smoothly
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It is annoying, having to requeue 5 six times or create a group before hand. Not worth it if you have done it before.
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So it's about 2200 hours PST and I tried to play Respen's Game AGAIN. And was again dropped into that bugged instance. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

It's very disheartening and disenchanting to have this sort of issue when an event opens.

So it would be nice to have an OFFICIAL announcement when it's fixed. Because right now I don't see the point in queueing if all that's going to happen is that I'm going to get stuck w/ instances that don't work.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The bugged instances are supposed to be reset when all the team members leave. Sadly, a couple of people seeming are afking there to prevent it from resetting. Subsequently, solo queuers end up in the bugged instances.
    edited November 2014
    I think I have figured it out. In the "The Forrest of Peril" adventure the designers forgot to change the starting position from the program default to the new starting point.

I managed to play in an un-bugged instance of "The Forrest of Peril" turns out that it is dropping players at the spot where the second campfire spawns in. Still not sure how it happened, but the more info we give the designers the better.
    edited November 2014
    Does anyone know if there is a way for an entire party to leave an instance together? That way there is no one left in the bugged instance for more people to drop in on top of, and it might close.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Rolling with a pre-made group from Legit (thanks guys and gals! was loads of fun!) was the only way I could get in a non-bugged instance. I tried and 11 times out of 11 times trying to pug it, I got a bugged instance. Was almost about to rage close the game when it dawned on me, that my custom channel tab wasn't active... so I went to it and got in a great group for several runs.

It really does still suck though that pugging is borked most of the time. I sure hope they hotfix it and extent the event, as I am sure I am not the only one who got fed up trying and many probably don't look for a premade like I did. Which shouldn't be a "work-around" and left as is. It should be fixed and the event extended for however long it was left unfixed.
    edited November 2014
    Figured out a way to get back to the first fire.
    1- Esc - Bring up the Game Menu.
    2- Help - Go to the Help and Support screen.
    3- Request GM Help - Go to the Request GM Help screen.
    4- Stuck - Go to the Stuck screen
    5- Unable to progress through a mission - Yep you guessed it another screen.
    6- Defeat Me - You will die, just hope no one resurrects you before...
    7- Release - "You must let go of the past, it can not be changed."
    If you follow these steps you will end up back at the first fire, most likely with all of the associated problems of dying. But if you don't want to be stuck in the endless loop every one will have to do it.

Good luck.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For future reference the Cryptic developers should put in a reset instance command for the leader of the team like in some of PWE's own games. I think only a Cryptic administrator can reset bugged instances, or if you are not patience, form your own team.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, I haven't been able to play so far. Always end up in the bugged bridge
    instance with 4 other confused people popping in and out. *SIGH*

I really like the game when I played in April, too. :(

I take it it's not going to be fixed this time, either, since they're
    gone for the weekend... and didn't fix it in the last 6 months.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same issue as last year. I keep accepting to join group and get placed trapped and no where to go aimlessly watching people come in and drop. No way to advance. So there goes a whole dam day of nothing.

You'd think you would have worked out the bugs this year.

Please fix this PWE
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It took me HOURS to complete ten runs and I just had to give up and sleep for a few hours. It has been CONSTANTLY borked for at least 6 hours and every single time I get the broken map instance.

And I have tried DOZENS OF TIMES. I need 12 runs for the dice for a Pocket Pet.

But great idea about forming a party.

I wish they would fix this sort of nonsense. It's hardly worth bringing it back, as there was a different bunch of people every time I went in there, so there must be a lot of people feeling pretty chumped.

When I was leader, I even tried kicking everyone and then leaving myself, hoping to empty the broken instance, but just got stuck back in the same one.

I reported a bug several times and asked everyone else to do the same, so I hope they can find some way of making the code check for broken instances.

This used to happen with Cloak Tower every single time you queued. We had to form a party and enter through the door "with current team".

THAT took about a year to fix. The first Daily Dungeon you get from Rhix, broken for a year.

:(