test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

this is happening

vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account

good luck leveling this artifacts now...
Post edited by vteasy on

Comments

• Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it's like they are trying to suck every last drop of enjoyment out of the game.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Where is this from?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    preview shard, they only way this is acceptable is if they lower the refining cost of artifacts by half.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Where is this from?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?786981-Rise-of-Tiamat-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20141104a-1
    Near the bottom of the first post. Now, that is only on preview, which anything on there currently won't hit Live until module 5 goes Live, but with how Cryptic has slowly been doing this with most items that players need/use, its probably not going to change before then.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Dont't mind the OP... I reckon he is just spouting rectal emissions over some perceived slight...

You might want to check the preview notes. It is official.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    I want them to do something about all the bots, and yes, that will mean that the price on refining points will rise, but I have to agree with the masses on this one... there has to be a better way.

Yesterday the price for a stack of peridots was 8500AD, that is LUDICROUSLY low. (That's 5.82 RP for each AD spent) But with this upcoming change the price will be just as out of whack, but in the opposite direction.

What would be a compromise position that we could forward to the Devs?

I agree, they need to lower the refining cost of artifacts. by at least half.

Or they can lower the cost of zen store refining stones <--- pretty likely smh
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    EDIT: OK... I take it back... just saw the link above... my appologies OP

no harm done except by the devs ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just get it over with and close the AH already.
    It's what we're headed for anyway.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    I agree, they need to lower the refining cost of artifacts. by at least half.

Or they can lower the cost of zen store refining stones <--- pretty likely smh

Just spitballing here:

What if they reduced the total RP amount of artifacts by 33%, increased the drop % chance on the Enchants, and removed the timer between drops?

That would mean 3,065,832 RP to get Artifact equipment to 60 (I would just make it 3,065,000), and 2,539,439 for regular artifacts (which I would round to 2,539,000 or ever 2,540,000).

The Enchants could be doubled in effectiveness, meaning 2/4/6% for Dragon Hoard Enchants, and an equivalent increase to the other "Drop Enchants". Coupled with the removal of the drop timer it might be acceptable. (I stress MIGHT be acceptable).

Any other thoughts?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Why in the world would devs compromise? They've made a decision. I personally think bots are the only things keeping refining point madness even remotely sane, but then again, I only play the game.

They have shown that they will compromise on things in the past, albeit rarely. However, I think this is an issue that *may* be something we (the playerbase) can actually effect. I find their proposed solution heavy handed and I am confident that it will have repercussions beyond their intended purpose. Of course we are not privy to all of their reasoning, but I think their main goal is to control the botting which is making the price of RP too low.

I wonder what they think is an acceptable "floor" to the price of RP. Looking at the prices of refining stones in the AD vendor can give us an idea on where they think the ceiling should be, but does not shed light on to their idea of an acceptable minimum price.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »

I wonder what they think is an acceptable "floor" to the price of RP. Looking at the prices of refining stones in the AD vendor can give us an idea on where they think the ceiling should be, but does not shed light on to their idea of an acceptable minimum price.

Well, what they are selling blood rubies for? I expect that would be considered the floor. Anything with a significantly better RP/AD ratio is probably never going to remain in game for long without being "fixed"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Well, what they are selling blood rubies for? I expect that would be considered the floor. Anything with a significantly better RP/AD ratio is probably never going to remain in game for long without being "fixed"

That would be 8 AD per Refinement Point, per Blood Ruby Zen Store prices.

• Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    noooo i was only able to stockpile 15mil RP before the news of this idiocy made the prices in AH skyrocket.

If the dev's wanted a real solution they would radically reduce the RP cost of artifacts.

What is the lifetime of a casual player? 3 months? I feel i'm being very generous here with that time frame, it's probably much less.

How many r4s/peridots will a casual player loot in those 3 months? lets say 1k enchants.

So make the RP cost to get legendary artifacts 270,000 total RP. A casual player can achieve this before they quit playing, and at this RP cost the pay to play players can spend the zen on blood rubies.

How many purple drops will that casual player get? again same concept. make it 300k total RP for legendary and make purples give 3k RP each.

Casual players have something to achieve before they leave. They don't spend $ so it's whatever for them. more serious players have pony up atleast for a zen mount and thus dev's start to care about them, they have goals which btw also include gaining AD (from salvaging purples) and leveling up enchants to wear (from refining those r4s) so they have choices to make and a stable path of progression.

You need a sink for the whales, pvpers, etc, so just introduce legendary enchants. R11s and R12's. Make the power creep from them less than the improvement for R9->R10. Ppl who must have the best stuff, ppl who are super competitive in pvp, etc will still have stuff to sink AD/zen into for marginal improvements to their characters.

Do the above and you can remove dragonhoard enchants, make them BOA, or whatever you want, it won't matter, because we won't need bots farming enchants to make your sink achievable.

tldr: The sink is on the wrong thing. This game has never been about items, it's always been about enchants. Make the sink new ranks of enchants and let the casuals have their artifacts before they quit.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dear Crytpic, this is a terrible idea.

As a serious player, the only thing I need is RP for the new artifacts.

Now that i can't exchange my AD for RP, let along it's much harder for me to make RP, what do I do now?

I love this game, I love this community, but if this hits like... well... i can't tell you how badly this messes up players like me. There isn't a reason to play if I have to get my RP some other way.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What we need is a dev to outline the intended behavior of artifact gear & refinement in general. Some questions I'd like to see answered are:

1. How easy should it be for players to obtain artifact gear?

2. How easy should it be for players to obtain refinement items, and at what rate of rp/hr is intended to be the "norm"?

3. What sort of rank/tier of artifact gear is the average player intended to be walking around with at level 60, 60 + X weeks/months/etc?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Okay, they do that to kill the bot farmers. But what about the compensation for us, living creatures of Neverwinter? I am talking about 30 seconds ICD. What if they reduce it or remove at all?
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited November 2014
    In all fairness, this only affects item gained from these enchantments... we can still use our AD to buy cheap blue items from the AH. Its not ideal, I know... but it is something.

And so will everyone else once raw RP items vanish.. This supply will dry up and prices will through the roof. And it will just punishing beginning players. They won't be able to get some semi-decent gear from the AH once they hit level 60.
  • Options
    baron335baron335 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If they are stuck on this course then the ICD needs to be removed from these enchants and RP requirements need to be lowered. As a community if we don't speak out now then the game is going to take a serious hit when this goes live.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    In all fairness, this only affects item gained from these enchantments... we can still use our AD to buy cheap blue items from the AH. Its not ideal, I know... but it is something.

Yes, I am looking forward to days worth of mindless clicking.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    baron335 wrote: »
    If they are stuck on this course then the ICD needs to be removed from these enchants and RP requirements need to be lowered. As a community if we don't speak out now then the game is going to take a serious hit when this goes live.

My suggestion is: Reduce RP total to 66% of current, Increase the drop % on the enchants by 100% (2/4/6% on Hoard enchants for instance) and remove the timer between drops.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you can have some confidence that better artifact gear will not be introduced inside of a few months, and that anything you get is an item that you'll effectively be able to use forever (in game terms), growing along with you....

and/or

If you can have some confidence that RP invested into artifact gear that has been (intentionally) made obsolete will not be largely squandered due to getting out far less than you put in....

Then arguments for levelling the items slowly over time start to hold water (for laid-back PvE play). You're not going to get a better weapon, so lavishing time and attention and account-bound peridots on what you have makes sense, other than the related goals being very far off and ephemeral.

When each item is very likely to be outdated within the space of a few modules, you can look at them as either "now or never" or "what's even the point?"

Players like to have goals to work towards, but getting a million peridots to drop is a bad goal that makes people feel bad. Managing to beat a really hard fight makes people feel good... hard at your level of play. For some that's going to be beating the Rimehound alone after a few tries, for some their first successful party run of CN, and for some soloing CN... based on what we've got right now. That's why people want competitive PvP, why they ask for harder dungeons.

And I'm saying that as someone who likes noodling around by myself in places where skill nodes are abundant. But that's when I'm playing to relax, not to be stimulated. Most people come to videogames for some form of stimulation, unless they're playing something like Lucid.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you can have some confidence that better artifact gear will not be introduced inside of a few months, and that anything you get is an item that you'll effectively be able to use forever (in game terms), growing along with you....

and/or

If you can have some confidence that RP invested into artifact gear that has been (intentionally) made obsolete will not be largely squandered due to getting out far less than you put in....

Then arguments for levelling the items slowly over time start to hold water (for laid-back PvE play). You're not going to get a better weapon, so lavishing time and attention and account-bound peridots on what you have makes sense, other than the related goals being very far off and ephemeral.

When each item is very likely to be outdated within the space of a few modules, you can look at them as either "now or never" or "what's even the point?"

Sure, I can understand that. But I don't think Cryptic will do that based on their track record.

Look at, for instance, CN weapons. They were BIS for mod0, and 2nd/3rd best weapons for mods 1-3. However, the differences between the Fomorian/Fallen Dragon/BI weapons, and the CN weapons, are not that great. If you wandered into mod4 with just the CN weapons, you were doing just fine. You didn't have BIS weapons, but you didn't need BIS weapons to do acceptably well for all of the content.

So in mod4 we get refinable artifact weapons, which is a huge jump in weapon damage at legendary compared to all of the mod0-mod3 weapons. So those really are obsolete now. But based on their track record, I really don't think these new weapons at legendary status will be obsolete in just 1 or 2 mods. It will be probably 4 or 5 mods before these weapons really are no longer worthwhile. Just like with the CN weapons.

My hunch is that when they introduce new weapons in mod6, they will be weapons that have to be crafted (since they seem to like crafting so much), and not refined, but that have weapon damage amounts perhaps 2% higher than current artifact weapon epic values, but still less than the legendary values. So if you are a casual player now and you have only managed to get your weapon to epic, these hypothetical mod6 weapons will still be better, but not soooo much better as to have made all of your refining work obsolete.

But hey that is just my hunch. If I'm totally wrong and they introduce a brand new shiny set of artifact weapons with a huge jump in power compared to current ones, then I will ruefully eat my words. :)
    Players like to have goals to work towards, but getting a million peridots to drop is a bad goal that makes people feel bad. Managing to beat a really hard fight makes people feel good... hard at your level of play. For some that's going to be beating the Rimehound alone after a few tries, for some their first successful party run of CN, and for some soloing CN... based on what we've got right now. That's why people want competitive PvP, why they ask for harder dungeons.

And I'm saying that as someone who likes noodling around by myself in places where skill nodes are abundant. But that's when I'm playing to relax, not to be stimulated. Most people come to videogames for some form of stimulation, unless they're playing something like Lucid.

I do agree that what would nullify a lot of these objections is if there was a really hard farmable dungeon like CN, but that couldn't be exploited (unlike CN), that people could farm in order to get rich. Would people mind so much paying e.g. 4 AD per RP if they knew they could make 1 million AD each from farming a tough dungeon? I don't think they would mind as much. Hopefully that is coming.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    As someone who has 4 legendary items (hopefully 5 soon), it is neither easy nor cheap or fast to get those things to legendary.

Even in the current system it is still millions of AD or tons of time. Making it worse is absolutely brutal.

please understand, many of us play this game for different reasons. I want to be best MoF PvE CW on this server. I want the gear to match it. That's why i play.

Now if my goals become so impractical that they aren't achievable anymore, why keep playing?