test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

this is happening

13»

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    "Lag.. lag never changes"

Though if we can't trade RP on the open market, and if the supply ingame doesn't massively increase, it will be largely academic, anyway.
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    no harm done except by the devs ;)

The developers are NOT in charge of economy changes. I suspect this is PWE passing this down to their in-game economists and purchasing managers. In fact, the developers may have been against this for all we know.

The developers probably don't get to make these key decisions :P. They create what they are told just like in any other job. Stop blaming them for this type of thing and focus the blame directly where it belongs... PWE and its managers.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    More likely shareholders and investors, actually. Managers and executives are there ultimately to do *their* bidding.

And that lot tends not see or much care beyond the RoI of the next quarter.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    The developers are NOT in charge of economy changes. I suspect this is PWE passing this down to their in-game economists and purchasing managers. In fact, the developers may have been against this for all we know.

The developers probably don't get to make these key decisions :P. They create what they are told just like in any other job. Stop blaming them for this type of thing and focus the blame directly where it belongs... PWE and its managers.

This isn't true. Cryptic is 100% responsible for the decisions they make as far a monetization. PWE offers support and guidance, but ultimately the folks at Cryptic are calling the shots.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    This isn't true. Cryptic is 100% responsible for the decisions they make as far a monetization. PWE offers support and guidance, but ultimately the folks at Cryptic are calling the shots.

I got the impression from that Reddit AMA that product manager heyrogers is a PWE employee. His answers to some questions suggested that he works *with* Cryptic but not *for* them, if that makes sense. Out of the same office, but reporting to a different boss.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    More likely shareholders and investors, actually. Managers and executives are there ultimately to do *their* bidding.

I can almost visualize this:
    PWE Board meeting, all are in smart suites, large wide window on the background. The Chairman says:
    - Now, the first point of the today's meeting agenda is the proposal to make all drops from the Dragon Hoard and Fey Blessing enchantments BoA.

And they all start discussing it with straight faces.
    :cool:
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I got the impression from that Reddit AMA that product manager heyrogers is a PWE employee. His answers to some questions suggested that he works *with* Cryptic but not *for* them, if that makes sense. Out of the same office, but reporting to a different boss.

Same here. I also got the impression that PWE makes a lot of the monetization decisions.

Now if that's true, then it is a good sign. Panderus has forwarded the massive massive massive negative feedback regarding the refinement stones being BOP (from dragon hoard, fey blessing). We should be getting a response today or tomorrow. And since the devs supposedly read the feedback, I'm sure they will make the right decision for the long-term health of the game and not short-term greed.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Wouldn't really matter, since Cryptic is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Perfect World. It's not a "publisher/developer" relationship.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    HeyRogers may be the liaison between PWE and Cryptic, but I ultimately believe how content is monetized is a design decision that's control by Cryptic.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Wouldn't really matter, since Cryptic is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Perfect World. It's not a "publisher/developer" relationship.

It kind of does. The company I work for is a private subsidiary of another, larger publicly traded company. But I'm an employee of the company I work for first, and what I do and how I do it is directly set by that company, not the parent company. And the decisions we make are all private, as well as our financial information. We only report the top level numbers needed by the parent company to satisfy regulations regarding our publicly traded parent. But otherwise, the internals are not public knowledge.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I'm just commenting based on some of his us/them phrasing.

Could also be based on simply not being part of the dev team though, as a marketing guy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We should be getting a response today or tomorrow. And since the devs supposedly read the feedback, I'm sure they will make the right decision for the long-term health of the game and not short-term greed.

There was a backlash against bop coal wards so don't be so certain.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    There was a backlash against bop coal wards so don't be so certain.

This is very true, which worries me.

I really hope they come up with some kind of mechanic where we can level them up playing the game. Nobody wants bots but we also don't wanna skip rent to pay for a legendary