test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'd love to have some... Player HOUSING!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    wildfire5wildfire5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm personally getting tired of each mod just adding new dailies to grind for. Isn't it about time they added something different?

I'm sure it's not the first time it's suggested, but I do think player housing would be a great thing to add and a potential source of revenue for the game.

Most importantly it would be something DIFFERENT.

Dunno. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Create whatever player housing you want in Foundry -- you're just limited to 5 guests.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One potential way of incorporating player housing would be to include it as part of some set of daily or weekly quests - like maybe some goblins try to break into your house and you have to fight them off, or another scenario starts with you "asleep" and an assassin comes to try and take you out. Perhaps they could add a small outside area along w/ the actual home, and allow one-on-one dueling there as well.

Perhaps include a common room in each house and have your companions hang out there - now give each of them a variety of random quests to offer something to do...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's all about Return On Investment.
    Convince Cryptic World that Player Housing will be more profitable in relation to development time and costs than anything else that they might be doing.
    So far no one has managed to do that yet, unfortunately.
    I would say that something as simple as a Private Instance with a Campfire, Mailbox, and Basic Vendor, and Bank using one of the already existing Instance Maps, would work nicely and require little in order to make it happen. Sell it on the Zen Store for 1,000 Zen and sit back and watch the Cash flow in. Add in a couple of 500 Zen "Upgrades" like access to the Shared Bank, Wondrous Bazaar, or better Vendors (like the Whole Realms Vendor) and watch the Cash flow even faster. Give folks the option of adding "Premium" features for an additional 1,000-2,000 Zen, like "representatives" from Sgt. Knocks, Rinx, The Lord Protector, or the Harpers that can give you the Daily Missions from each of these groups. Or even a Teleporter, so you can use your Home to travel from distant parts of the Realms directly to other Zones with only the one stop, rather than backtracking or using a Teleport To PE Scroll (does anyone ever use those things?).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like this what happened with it?
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Interesting;

If indeed the # of players are steadily reducing, what do you think is the most significant reason? All the power reductions / nerfing ?

The problem is their drop rates are just not rewarding. People don't like grinding over and over if there is barely any chance of getting a drop. The ToD dailies aren't helping. You spend more time waiting than actually playing the game.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jondbx wrote: »
    You spend more time waiting than actually playing the game.

This ^

/10chars
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i`d like housing too.
    although i can`t use extra complex things in my head at the moment to make up how it`s best done.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh my god, PLEASE GET THIS IDEA IN GAME!

I once played a game called Shaiya that had a guild house system which allowed the purchase of armour, weapons, enchantments, potions, and an extra large guild bank. This would be absolutely awesome and would help guilds no end.
  • Options
    ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2014
    Yes!!!

As an Ultima Online veteran for many years I also recall the amazing experiences that such customization and player housing brings. Guild and faction interactions. Storage space. Opportunities to amass useful items and other utilities. Player Vending. Player Auction Houses. And of course the chance to show off your interior design skills!

I miss this aspect so very much and would love LOVE to see Neverwinter Online pick it up. Even instanced player housing would be a huge boon and serve so many purposes for the guilds and communities of the game. Now... if they somehow added a static zone with player housing and possibly some open-world PvP to the same area (or maybe half of it) THAT would be a DREAM COME TRUE.

Please Cryptic. Neverwinter deserves more than heaps of the same content. It's about time to broaden the horizons and give the players more depth, more interaction, and more diversity.
  • Options
    dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited October 2014
    Player housing and housing items would be perfect in this game, especially with the foundry. If we were given the power to create more stuff we would only use it for good :D
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't get all the fuss around player housing. They did guild housing in STO and the result was a huge grindfest with a 1500€ cost on top of it.

Yeah virtual furniture in cryptic games cost more than a real life one.

Many games have player housing but all the stuff drops in-game. While I don't mind looting a carpet for my home at the end of a dungeon run we all know how it's going to work here: you'll get an empty piece of real estate with a huge AD cost to build the most basic home, better ones will be for sale in the cash shop for 50-100€ and if you want some furniture which isn't a basic table, an uninspiring bed and a couple of chairs, well, you'll have to buy it. I mean, why not but if I wan to spend money to improve a place i live in i'd rather do it for my real life home. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.