test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'd love to have some... Player HOUSING!

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    would be awesome and a good way to sink ad

Let's run w/ this... Imagine you can buy the base house for 500 Zen and it's an account-wide unlock. That initial purchase gets you a small instanced house area w/ a campfire/fireplace inside and a mailbox outside. You can then spend ADs to add rooms or other amenities. Perhaps you can add a great room, in which you can see your idle companions hanging out. Maybe you can add on a stable that gives you extra mount storage, or a large wardrobe that offers fashion storage.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Good ideas OP.

Just wondering how much of that will actually come to fruition since the devs need to allocate lots and lots of time making those dailies that we all love for module 5.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Let's run w/ this... Imagine you can buy the base house for 500 Zen and it's an account-wide unlock. That initial purchase gets you a small instanced house area w/ a campfire/fireplace inside and a mailbox outside. You can then spend ADs to add rooms or other amenities. Perhaps you can add a great room, in which you can see your idle companions hanging out. Maybe you can add on a stable that gives you extra mount storage, or a large wardrobe that offers fashion storage.

well look at what you can do in the foundry, they could do something similar for player housing, have a few set houses that you can enter, then add small objects to it inside, like the furniture
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The think about sinks is that they are a trap. And i dont know how many people would want some crappy expensive awful housing but i will skip that to continue working about my gear.
    edited September 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Basing it on the foundry system is indeed the easiest way to implement something like this. It's just a matter of having enough useful stuff to unlock.

even a new profession, Carpentry to make furniture or rooms ect would be pretty dope since the professions havent gotten much love compared to the other aspects of the game (besides black ice crafting)

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Housing, yes! Please! I've said this before...

zebular wrote: »
    Some thoughts I've had since Alpha on housing:

. . . The Foundry System could be incorporated into the ability for players to design and place houses in new, "Community" zones in Neverwinter and other settlements we've reached. Similar to how LotRO does their instances housing community areas. I'd like for the exterior and interior to be seamless so we could see the outiside and people going by through or windows, porches or even house grounds. So like, mix UO's and LotRO's where you have Housing Instances but the housing instances are built on plots with foundry like tools with no transition zoning going inside or out.

. . . Some Zen or AD things could include "Pocket Dimension Rooms" where you get to place a type of secret doorway or transition of some sort that goes into a private instance that you can set privacy settings for, in regards to visitors and friends. Then allow us to customize those special interiors with foundry like tools.

. . . Also, we could buy chests starting with ones for gold, then better ones for AD and the best ones for Zen. We could then get "blueprints" for special furnature design unlocks in our "housing foundry tools" and oh, the possibilities are almost endless!

. . . This could also be a good Gold and AD Sink. Make the smallest plots cost Gold to buy and Upkeep while the best and biggest plots cost AD to buy and upkeep. Special plots and housing designs could even be sold in Wondrous Bazaar and Zen Shop!

. . . Having such a housing design system would then open up for Community Events, Guild Meetings, Arenas, Official Design Contests, and so much more! Plus, and most importantly, all my 20-some characters would finally stop sleeping on the streets of Neverwinter! I'm sure Lord Neverember would love that and then enjoy taxing us (housing upkeep = gold & ad sinks).

The Foundry can be used as the backbone/system Housing is based off of. Make public zones, with varying size plots for sale. Then let the owners enter into customization mode and build their houses from the ground up (or down!) within those plots. Akin to UO's plot and building system mixed with LotRO's housing community zones. Pre-made homes could also be sold that are entered through various doors through out the adventure zones, akin to EQ2.

So many possibilities, and with the foundry.... yes... please!

Then add on these ideas of craftable props and such...
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Housing, yes! Please! I've said this before...

The Foundry can be used as the backbone/system Housing is based off of. Make public zones, with varying size plots for sale. Then let the owners enter into customization mode and build their houses from the ground up (or down!) within those plots. Akin to UO's plot and building system mixed with LotRO's housing community zones. Pre-made homes could also be sold that are entered through various doors through out the adventure zones, akin to EQ2.

So many possibilities, and with the foundry.... yes... please!

Then add on these ideas of craftable props and such...

even self instanced housing with each players house in its own instance would be good, and the ability to visit other peoples houses would be legit

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As long as its unlock for zen and not ADs.
  • huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would love this. I have to guiltily admit that I would want one even if it was just a vanity item, since I would love being able to set it up. But the idea of extra storage space for equipment, mounts, ect, and the idea of new professions connected to it appeal to me as well...
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I had several houses (and a guild house or two) in Lotro, and the Guild house we had in UO was awesome.
    I love this idea.

Realistically, it seems that the Cryptic staff is already way behind on fixing bugs and developing new content so.. I honestly don't see how they'll ever get any time to even start meetings about player housing. They can't seem to even update the foundry in a meaningful way. :(
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    One thing that kept me hooked on an older MMO was the fantastic housing (hint, hint, goes by RS). It was definitely a gold-drain, but that helped the economy overall. Could be a good AD sink for NW.

Housing portals work best in my opinion. When you click on a housing portal, you can choose option of going to your own house or a friend's house. They could add Guild portals for guild halls. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited September 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    One thing that kept me hooked on an older MMO was the fantastic housing (hint, hint, goes by RS). It was definitely a gold-drain, but that helped the economy overall. Could be a good AD sink for NW.

Housing portals work best in my opinion. When you click on a housing portal, you can choose option of going to your own house or a friend's house. They could add Guild portals for guild halls. :)

Curious in that previous game, what in-game benefits did those houses provide or are they just pure aesthetic?

Or how did creative players utilize housing to benefit their gameplay?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All for these ideas. And original OP point, itd make a good sink.

-Foundry incorporation
    -Crafting incorporation
    -Viable AD sink
    - FUN
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd love an idea for housing similar to what everquest 2 does (seeing as this is the only player housing system I am familiar with). If you cannot afford to outright "buy" your own plot of land (for say... 500K AD + depending on size) you can "rent" an apartment or room at an inn that would only cost you gold per week. Prices starting as low as 1 silver a week for tiny places to say, several gold per week for the larger rental properties. Easy money to get if you play the game, but not something you can just sit on forever.

After all, we need more uses for the in game gold, and I think a rental property would be a perfect "gold sink."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would like to see housing as long as it is more like Everquest 2 with trophies you can place for defeating bosses, and less like champions online where the housing is pretty static.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a Stone Keep in Ultima Online, and basically, that is all that I really play the game for these days. Decorating, rearranging stuff..
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2014
    In Runes of Magic, you had a house, and could add some furniture that'd give you in-game bonuses, coffers with WAY more space thant anywhere else, and housemaids (or buttlers) that you could dress up the way you wanted and place anywhere in the house and they'd do some stuff for you (no, not that kind of things, you fool, some professional stuff, I think I recall.)
    It was a very nice and pleasant thing to decorate your house the way you wanted.

This being said, I think that anyone can already make their own home after just a few hours work in the Foundry.
    edited September 2014
    A few more things we could do in our homes:

- Animated people and pets (butler, baby dragon sitting on the table, etc)
    - Decorate with variety of items (vases, paintings, taxidermy)
    - Furniture (cabinets, closets, tables, beds)

Also, using the foundry to make the houses design. Come on ya'll! This is a fantastic idea! Lets get the ball rolling on Player Housing!!
    edited September 2014
    Oooh! Another idea - House Pets!! With an option to wander around the house, or stay stationary (whichever you chose).
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Letting people design little properties for themselves with the foundry seems like the obvious answer to this. Run it just like foundries are now where they get saved and loaded individually when someone goes there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So. That's awesome. I like the continuity and all, very cool. A new SW paragon path is also very cool. Not much other information to go on yet, but I'm excited so that's for all that.

Please. PLEASE. Implement guild halls along a similar to (but in true Neverwinter fashion, better than) the way your colleagues have done Fleet Starbases in Star Trek Online. Founded and manage a huge Neverwinter guild that is actually several guilds in one. I do hope you'll take into consideration that many of the largest guilds are in fact many guilds in one when you work on this. After all, the most active guilds in your game have long ago outstripped the 500 member limit and have branched into other guilds to contain their members. I know the Greycloaks are not the only one.

STO took a whole season (module) away from new story content to implement and vastly improve the guild experience, I would very much like Neverwinter to do that as well. I'd be more than happy to provide other thoughts on how guilds in Neverwinter could be improved, especially on the management side, if/when such input would be useful.

edited September 2014
    I really hope this module isn't just more heroic encounters and dailies.

I used to be excited when they say "bigger battles" but now I just think it will just be a heroic encounter that isn't worth doing because the loot will be RNG-based and very frustrating.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    link please:)
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sweet , I wonder how many pieces of artifact gear this will introduce that are gated behind ridiculously low RNG unless you are willing to spend a fortune to get them , unfortunately I'm sick and tired of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now , run endless amounts of dragon HE's and the skirmish and dungeon and never seen a belt drop , these low drop rates are idiotic , especially when you consider that they still need leveling up to be useful , here is the story of module five = 0.000001% RNG to get anything decent .

Keep up with these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drop rates and you will end up with a game that consists of a couple of hundred BiS geared people and a bunch of new players nothing inbetween , unfortunately being consistently disappointed isn't much of an incentive to bother to continue playing a game .
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    link please:)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7007073-coming-soon%3A-rise-of-tiamat
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Sweet , I wonder how many pieces of artifact gear this will introduce that are gated behind ridiculously low RNG unless you are willing to spend a fortune to get them , unfortunately I'm sick and tired of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now , run endless amounts of dragon HE's and the skirmish and dungeon and never seen a belt drop , these low drop rates are idiotic , especially when you consider that they still need leveling up to be useful , here is the story of module five = 0.000001% RNG to get anything decent .

I can buy the belt I want but I refuse to do that because it goes against my personal rule of getting everything possible through playing but not paying. And I feel like giving up.

Please, no more artifact gear.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just no more dailies.

With what direction the game is going now, I am terrified about newbies in future as I imagine that BAZILLION ammount of dailies they would need to do.

But of course it's easier to keep players occupied with dailies than making new dungeons and skirmishes...yeah...wth I am even trying to ask for now...
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Sweet , I wonder how many pieces of artifact gear this will introduce that are gated behind ridiculously low RNG unless you are willing to spend a fortune to get them

Nice use of hyperbole. Neither the belt nor the weapon require a person to spend "a fortune" to acquire.
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I can buy the belt I want but I refuse to do that because it goes against my personal rule of getting everything possible through playing but not paying. And I feel like giving up.

Please, no more artifact gear.

Unfortunately, for you, you're going to be seeing more Artifact gear, not less of it.

And you can get an Artifact belt without paying (real money, I'm assuming). Just earn your AD by playing the parts of the game you enjoy, then grab one off the AH. They've been steadily dropping in price over the last few weeks, so I don't see why you wouldn't if you want one so bad. You can still get it by playing.
    vasdamas wrote: »
    But of course it's easier to keep players occupied with dailies than making new dungeons and skirmishes...yeah...wth I am even trying to ask for now...

Not sure what you're talking about. Each module has added new dungeons and skirmishes.

Sharandar = New Skirmish, New Dungeon
    Dread Ring = New Skirmish, New Dungeon
    Icewind Dale = New Skirmish
    Tyranny of Dragons = New Skirmish, New Dungeon (with 2 difficulty levels)

Honestly, just sounds like you guys are burnt out on the game itself, which happens to everyone at some point. Take a break, play something else, then come back when you feel like picking things up again.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more heroic encounters, more artifact gear, more boons, another campaign and *fingers crossed* a larger scale showdown with Tiamat...10 man raid please!

EDIT: And I think all the new stuff (including the dailies) is actually good for new players. What do you tell people who are new to the game when they ask, "What's there to do at 60?" Well, in Neverwinter there's a ton of content for new players...and with the way campaign boons permanently improve your character, it's all worth doing.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    A day at the office for them: Hey guys what should we do for Mod 5? *Person raises hand* I know! let's give them even more dailies and more artifact items with next to impossible drop rates! That will keep them busy until Mod 6 when we can give them even more of this!

*Person replies* - Sounds good to me, let's get to work.
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    More Dailies for thy daily god of dailies!

Super excited to know abot thy new module and stuff. I await also TR and DC changes for better game experience.

But one thing bout gear...is worth obtaining draconic gear or is it wiser to sit still and wait for new one to arrive with module 5?
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As the Cult of the Dragon looks to resurrect the iconic five-headed draconic goddess Tiamat from the Nine Hells, adventurers must band together like they have before to protect Neverwinter from this powerful creature. Complementing the storyline in the new the tabletop module from Wizards of the Coast, The Rise of Tiamat will allow for more fan interaction with the most notable roleplaying game.
    Ah, you say that now. We will see. I'm expecting some true, serious, D&D-ish, and RP-ish contents which are designed for adult people, not just the same dailies like "go to kill <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> amount of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" or "go to retrieve <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> amount of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>". Frankly speaking, those dailies are too easy and feel like they were designed for children.
This discussion has been closed.