test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's time to do away with "the Undodgeable"s.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    ...which reminds me. What's the reasoning for this?

Heavy stacking of DR, pushing it into negative, would have been a very viable method of dealing with enemies with exceptionally strong defense, such as GWFs circa. mod2. It would also have justified a debuff-specialized builds, and team-play coming from it, such as a team of strong debuffer + glass cannon striker.

If the reason was to "guarantee strong-defense classes at least maintain 0 DR, and never fall into negative DR (=conceptually "extra damage"), then that's a very foolhardy thing to do, as for instance no such concessions are made anywhere else.
    DR works differently for mobs and players. Mobs have no defence or deflect stats, just a composite DR percentage. So ArP straight ignores their DR and debuffs reduce the DR percentage. Because of stacking, you can subtract more percent DR than a mob possesses and so you end up with negative DR and bonus damage.

On players, ArP works the same way (ignores DR) but debuffs actually work like the tooltips say - they reduce the defence stat. As they are percentage based reductions against an actual number (rather than a percentage DR figure) they can never make defence go negative.

I don't think this was necessarily a concious design decision, more of a consequence of the different mechanics behind player and mob DR.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    +1 this whole idea it would only benefit TR CW and DC but they are the ones who need it.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    Wall of QQ

So GWF can pop unstoppable, GF can block and TR can pop ItC.

What about HR? When a CW comes at you from a distance and puts IR on the HR he has no choice but to stand still. And usually we get the heavy dmg as well.

People complain about HR having 5 dodges a lot. I bet my ballsack that none of these whiners have played as a HR.

HR "dodges" are not actual dodges. I would trade my 5 "dodges" for 2 CW teleports ANY DAY!

And since I am on the subject of CW teleports. You have 3, and with the BROKENLY OP feat "severe reaction" you can, depending on the scenario, have infinite stamina and teleports.

I played a CW for ten months as my only char. I know what I am talking about.

Severe reaction feat needs to be moved deeper into the paragon tree and also fixed (nerfed?) to not proc from DoT.

A combat HR or a TR for example, using a plague or flaming enchant, with the fast attacks + DoT from weap enchant a CW enemy WILL HAVE INFINITE DODGES. = Broken

And on the topic of piercing damage. They nerfed the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of HR encounters and survivability fir Mod 4, so HR needs the extra damage. Just removed the extra damage and keeping the rest of the crappy nerfs would be the end for PvP HR's.

Give my old lone wolf class feat back along with constrictive arrow please. There was zero reason to nerf those two.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    A combat HR or a TR for example, using a plague or flaming enchant, with the fast attacks + DoT from weap enchant a CW enemy WILL HAVE INFINITE DODGES. = Broken

Give my old lone wolf class feat back along with constrictive arrow please. There was zero reason to nerf those two.

And yet, you STILL destroy CWs, with all their "broken" SR feat. What the hell man. And no, there aren't any "infinite dodges" unless vs 2-3 DoT users, in which case CW gonna die regardless.

As for Lone Wolf, fine by me. Constricting? No. Was the reason HR vs CW was an already decided fight, from the start. Sorry but it was gamebreaking.

But what do you know. Forest Ghost/Disruptive>>>Boar Charge>>>Rapid Strike spam while LS heals you back to full is enough to replace the lack of a better CC such as Constrictive.

You're a good HR. You know VERY WELL your class doesn't need additional crutches at this moment.

HR should by all means stay a very strong class. But please, no need to make it cheesy. It's already incredibly powerful.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And yet, you STILL destroy CWs, with all their "broken" SR feat. What the hell man. And no, there aren't any "infinite dodges" unless vs 2-3 DoT users, in which case CW gonna die regardless.

As for Lone Wolf, fine by me. Constricting? No. Was the reason HR vs CW was an already decided fight, from the start. Sorry but it was gamebreaking.

But what do you know. Forest Ghost/Disruptive>>>Boar Charge>>>Rapid Strike spam while LS heals you back to full is enough to replace the lack of a better CC such as Constrictive.

You're a good HR. You know VERY WELL your class doesn't need additional crutches at this moment.

HR should by all means stay a very strong class. But please, no need to make it cheesy. It's already incredibly powerful.

Well its more of a race who has AP up really, u say= forest/boar/rapid (fox?) and yeah the cew might be dead.

But so will the HR be if = IR/entangle/ROF/IK dont u agree?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well its more of a race who has AP up really, u say= forest/boar/rapid (fox?) and yeah the cew might be dead.

But so will the HR be if = IR/entangle/ROF/IK dont u agree?

I do agree.

If the CW has daily up and first strike, and the HR doesn't have disruptive to break the combo when it gets rooted or some trick such as Oghma arti, CW has the upperhand.

What I don't agree with is frosszt's demands for Constrictive and his post making it seem as HRs are at a disadvantage vs CWs.

If you take a look at post from "top PvP CWs" in the forums (I don't wanna give names lol), you will see claims such as "Nobody can touch HR named X. Nobody" and so on.

I don't agree with those. If you die 100% to HRs as a CW, it's a L2P issue IMO.

It's just as you said, all about who has enough AP, artifacts off cooldown, if the CW can kite (node blue) or has to tank the node cause it's red and so on.

But overall, the situation is quite balanced between these 2 classes, and should remain so after PB fix.

I am not counting glyphs in this equation as that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> makes the fight about who has more DoTs and more HP. It's impossible to quantify class balance with glyphs as they are now.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I do agree.

If the CW has daily up and first strike, and the HR doesn't have disruptive to break the combo when it gets rooted or some trick such as Oghma arti, CW has the upperhand.

What I don't agree with is frosszt's demands for Constrictive and his post making it seem as HRs are at a disadvantage vs CWs.

But overall, the situation is quite balanced between these 2 classes, and should remain so after PB fix.

I do agree with you like 98%. last 2 cents - i d really what to see promised fix for CWs Ice Rays from "nearly impossible to dodge" to possible to dodge. Not nerf or something like that but just respect latency and move it to dodgable state. So that if CW placed it right and HR lost his chance - it is HR fault. Yet still not like now you do need somebody near you to escape with fox or Oghma ready if CW even just started power. Or even worse situation when you are in middle of dodge but get rooted at the end of it - happens pretty regular. Pretty much what GS promised to fix.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    There aren't any moves constructed to respect latency as far as I know.

Being rubberbanded back in to Roars, FLS and Repels after a "successful" dodge is a good example of how what you see on the screen is not really what happens on the server computations.

The modifications for IR should be live already anyway. I didn't get to test them yet.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There aren't any moves constructed to respect latency as far as I know.

Being rubberbanded back in to Roars, FLS and Repels after a "successful" dodge is a good example of how what you see on the screen is not really what happens on the server computations.

The modifications for IR should be live already anyway. I didn't get to test them yet.

It was about IR now finally respect Control resist and control bonus. Not about undoggable. Need testing anyway.
  • Options
    ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    They will forget to fix the 100% uptime with glyphs... U read it here first!

Most likely.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is the only game I've ever played that didn't give every caster a snare, a root and a hold. If they require you to stand still and your casts are interruptable, you need ways to limit being hunted ... or else you are a mele toon. It's that simple.

Icy Rays is our ONLY root encounter. The Devs should be adding root effects to other encounters also ... not taking our only one away. There is a reason why people all played Sentinel GWF's and other classes with Undebuffable Deflect. At the high end they are/were almost unkillable. CW's are glass cannons. Single target root is an absolute need for the class to work as a glass cannon. GWF gets the drop on a CW ... it's over. TR gets the drop on a CW it's over. Ditto for GF and the LOL class of choice these days he 5 - dodge HR with more escapes than Houdini.

Getting rid of the class cannons root would be OK if you make all his spells castable on the run. But if he needs to be rooted to cast, surely it's not unfair to give a CONTROL Wizard one root effect. Right?
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vexus99 wrote: »
    This is the only game I've ever played that didn't give every caster a snare, a root and a hold. If they require you to stand still and your casts are interruptable, you need ways to limit being hunted ... or else you are a mele toon. It's that simple.

Icy Rays is our ONLY root encounter. The Devs should be adding root effects to other encounters also ... not taking our only one away. There is a reason why people all played Sentinel GWF's and other classes with Undebuffable Deflect. At the high end they are/were almost unkillable. CW's are glass cannons. Single target root is an absolute need for the class to work as a glass cannon. GWF gets the drop on a CW ... it's over. TR gets the drop on a CW it's over. Ditto for GF and the LOL class of choice these days he 5 - dodge HR with more escapes than Houdini.

Getting rid of the class cannons root would be OK if you make all his spells castable on the run. But if he needs to be rooted to cast, surely it's not unfair to give a CONTROL Wizard one root effect. Right?

Not asking to delete the encounter, we're asking to make it dodgable... It's like saying that HRs only get 1 snare which is fox shift so it should be undodgable or we should be able to cask attacks while moving...
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Not asking to delete the encounter, we're asking to make it dodgable... It's like saying that HRs only get 1 snare which is fox shift so it should be undodgable or we should be able to cask attacks while moving...

Well Disruptive shot needs some tweaking as well. It is a superior version of icy rays, it can be cast multiple times and doesn't cost enough AP to warrant its damage as well as it stunning for several seconds. Not to mention Boar Charge and Piercing Blades (which hopefully is getting looked at the moment)

By the way, HRs should NOT be complaining about any other class in PVP. BIS HRs are unbeatable 1v1 by any other class.

HRs are the best counter against GWF, CW, TR and other HRs. If you are an HR losing to a CW, then you probably were outgeared and vastly outskilled. BIS HRs like Sandstorm Varracht can probably eat a CW and a TR at the same time. That's not to say that player is much more skilled, it just means the class at BIS levels is just so broken, bursty and versatile.

No other class can deal as much DPS as HRs and heal back to full health in a few seconds than HRs.

Sad day when Icy Rays gets nerfed first before any of the HR's OP skills but hey its Cryptic and they nerf based on pug pvp
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well Disruptive shot needs some tweaking as well. It is a superior version of icy rays, it can be cast multiple times and doesn't cost enough AP to warrant its damage as well as it stunning for several seconds. Not to mention Boar Charge and Piercing Blades (which hopefully is getting looked at the moment)

By the way, HRs should NOT be complaining about any other class in PVP. BIS HRs are unbeatable 1v1 by any other class.

HRs are the best counter against GWF, CW, TR and other HRs. If you are an HR losing to a CW, then you probably were outgeared and vastly outskilled. BIS HRs like Sandstorm Varracht can probably eat a CW and a TR at the same time. That's not to say that player is much more skilled, it just means the class at BIS levels is just so broken, bursty and versatile.

No other class can deal as much DPS as HRs and heal back to full health in a few seconds than HRs.

Sad day when Icy Rays gets nerfed first before any of the HR's OP skills but hey its Cryptic and they nerf based on pug pvp

-sigh-... You can't cast disruptive shot more than once until it comes off of cooldown... Icy Rays has double the cooldown for triple the damage..... Icy rays roots and makes all moving impossible while disruptive shot doesn't... The fact that you even mentioned boars charge being OP is laughable... It prones for like 3 seconds on players and like 2.5 seconds on the caster.. It does like 2k damage... It's archery counter part is stupid.

Goodness dude... I don't care about your undying hate for HRs, honestly I don't... I told the guy that what he was saying was foolish, not once have I mentioned that I couldn't beat CWs in a 1v1 because trust me I can.. and Not once have I said that HRs are balanced so just because I main a HR doesn't mean I think we're the most UP (I know right now we're OP) garbage that can't beat anything. If you want to express your HR hate then write it on a piece of paper and throw it in the garbage. I'm positive you read in this thread that piercing was getting nerfed so get over it...
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Not once have I said that HRs are balanced so just because I main a HR doesn't mean I think we're the most UP (I know right now we're OP) garbage that can't beat anything. If you want to express your HR hate then write it on a piece of paper and throw it in the garbage. I'm positive you read in this thread that piercing was getting nerfed so get over it...

Are you conceding that HRs are the most OP class at the moment then?

I am glad the piercing blade is getting nerfed. Also, I am providing feedback. Never once did I say players who play as an HR are trash etc etc. Never once did I even go anything close to expletives against PVP HRs or people who play them. If you feel offended by my feedback because you fear your OP class might get nerfed even more, I have nothing to tell you but say those are my opinions and I will continue to express them.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Are you conceding that HRs are the most OP class at the moment then?

I am glad the piercing blade is getting nerfed. Also, I am providing feedback. Never once did I say players who play as an HR are trash etc etc. Never once did I even go anything close to expletives against PVP HRs or people who play them. If you feel offended by my feedback because you fear your OP class might get nerfed even more, I have nothing to tell you but say those are my opinions and I will continue to express them.

Pretty much yes to your first question. Are you not understanding what I'm saying? I know we need a nerf.... Notice that my first post was saying how Icy Rays is stupid in it's undodgable state, I've never said that I need help beating CWs on my HR, I've never said that HRs aren't overpowered, I never said that HRs didn't need a nerf.... But since I am one, you take my whole post, turn it upside down and then you bring it back to HRs needing a nerf. You did the same exact thing with your 2nd post.... I told you that HRs were OP and then you say something stupid like "because you fear your OP class might get nerfed even more".. Honestly just because I main a HR (I've been doing so before Mod4 so I'm not scared of any nurfs) does not mean that I want us to be superior to all. Chill it out, if you're going to reply to my response then at least stay on topic
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I do agree.

If you take a look at post from "top PvP CWs" in the forums (I don't wanna give names lol), you will see claims such as "Nobody can touch HR named X. Nobody" and so on.

I don't agree with those. If you die 100% to HRs as a CW, it's a L2P issue IMO.

It's just as you said, all about who has enough AP, artifacts off cooldown, if the CW can kite (node blue) or has to tank the node cause it's red and so on.

I am not counting glyphs in this equation as that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> makes the fight about who has more DoTs and more HP. It's impossible to quantify class balance with glyphs as they are now.

Just checked and three first are HRs in the pvp rankings and there are 6 HRs in first page. I don't know about you, but for me that tells something.

There are also six CWs on the first page, but they are much lower and best isn't in top 5 and the rest are in the lower parts. Perhaps the HR players are just so much better players than the CW ones no?

Despite what TRs generally say, their class can't be THAT bad in pvp or that TR wouldn't be hanging just bellow all those TRs...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    vexus99 wrote: »

Agreed. Quite funny it is the HRs asking to take the last usable wep out of the CWs, when they already own the pvp.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just checked and three first are HRs in the pvp rankings and there are 6 HRs in first page. I don't know about you, but for me that tells something.

There are also six CWs on the first page, but they are much lower and best isn't in top 5 and the rest are in the lower parts. Perhaps the HR players are just so much better players than the CW ones no?

Despite what TRs generally say, their class can't be THAT bad in pvp or that TR wouldn't be hanging just bellow all those TRs...
    Those rankings mean nothing though and you cannot appreciate class power/balance based on the buggy and exploitable leaderboard.

Also I have to say that I was quite wrong in my post you have quoted. Further testing against HRs that are less skilled, but built more tankier than the one I used to test with showed me that the CW is actually at great disadvantage. Actually all it takes is that your daily or CC/nukes get deflected, and you're toast.

So I was wrong. There is a sizable gap yet again between CW and HR, and the gap is gonna be considerably larger very soon, when the CW nerfs that are on preview will hit Live as well.