test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.25.20140923a.5

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited October 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Classes and Balance
• Control Wizard: Icy Rays: Control Strength and Resistance will now properly affect the duration of the immobilize from Icy Rays. To compensate for this, the base root duration has been reduced to 1 second when hitting two targets, and 1.25 seconds when hitting a single target (down from 1.5 and 2 respectively).
• Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Knights Valor has had its AP gain reduced to reflect the new functionality of the power. It still generates Action Points every second it is active during combat, but at a much slower rate.
• Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: Guardian Fighters will no longer be able to gain Action Points while Supremacy of Steel is active.
• Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: The damage from this power can now be properly deflected and resisted.
• Great Weapon Fighter: Threatening Rush: This power now correctly Marks all targets in an AoE again.
• Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Intimidation: This feat now properly benefits from damage bonuses, crit, and armor penetration. Additionally, it can now be dodged, deflected, and resisted correctly.
• Scourge Warlock: Tyrannical Threat: This power now correctly only echoes the Warlock's damage (rather than all targets who are attacking).
• Boons: Grym Depths Seeker (PvP Campaign): This boon now properly only triggers from players.

Content and Environment
• Dwarven Valley: Atonement: Troll idols now remain visible after interaction so multiple players can use them.
• Lair of Lostmauth: Purchasing dungeon keys from the Wondrous Bazaar after entering the dungeon will now properly allow you to open the chest at the end of the dungeon.

Items and Economy
• The Tyranny of Dragons vendors (both the one located in Protector's Enclave and the one available via the Campaigns window) now feature two new items. Give them a try!
• Potion of Dragon Slaying
• Scroll of Protection from Dragons
• Dragon Glyphs: These Glyphs will no longer deal damage when triggered from a reflective damage source such as Guarded Assault.

User Interface
• Players can no longer worship multiple deities as this is offensive to the Gods and could incur their wrath.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Praying for actual door fix in CN. Thanks :)
  • Options
    lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    User Interface
    • Players can no longer worship multiple deities as this is offensive to the Gods and could incur their wrath.

wait...how could someone worship multiple deities? o.O
  • Options
    aglar1aglar1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    User Interface

You mean that now i can have only one deity for all my characters on my account? O.o
  • Options
    megendramegendra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You have fix the troll idols but we still need to fight each other to explode the lighting jars in rothe valley... sigh*
    I think those jars needed to be fixed more than the idols, maybe next week :confused:
  • Options
    kithkannan1869kithkannan1869 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let's hope they can repair most of the issues in this game. Let's hope new ones are not created. Let's hope they now of the issues.
    Let's hope ZONE spammers can be stopped. (Idea, ban players who use them)
  • Options
    lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let's hope ZONE spammers can be stopped. (Idea, ban players who use them)

seriously. really getting tired of the constant PM's.
  • Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I read "Dragon Glyphs" and thought: "They are removing it from PvP! Finally can PvP again!" then saw there was just a fix.... ��
  • Options
    harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    megendra wrote: »
    You have fix the troll idols but we still need to fight each other to explode the lighting jars in rothe valley... sigh*
    I think those jars needed to be fixed more than the idols, maybe next week :confused:

Just team up with the other players who are trying to get the jars or idols then everyone does it in 1/2 or even 1/4 the time. Teamwork! , it's what makes humans awesome.
  • Options
    allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014

ffs yes this^
    A whole new spin on the pm spamming gold sell-bots is that when I take too long to block them, I then get mails from them. There are times when you get a bot pm every minute for 2 hours. HAVING to report/block them to prevent getting mail spam filling up my box is getting on my last nerve:mad:

Don't get me started on how that is connected with the rash of hacking that's been going around. My own Guild Master was a victim just recently.

Solution needed. Seriously.
  • Options
    belerofonte9belerofonte9 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aglar1 wrote: »
    You mean that now i can have only one deity for all my characters on my account? O.o

No. This is a fix for an "advantage" some players found.

Nevermind.
  • Options
    t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    • The Tyranny of Dragons vendors (both the one located in Protector's Enclave and the one available via the Campaigns window) now feature two new items. Give them a try!
    I wonder if this means that we will be able to use dragon hoard coins on secrets and sigils?
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1330mb file ? is this correct Seems Rather Huge
  • Options
    belerofonte9belerofonte9 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Items and Economy
    • Potion of Dragon Slaying
    • Scroll of Protection from Dragons
    t8x wrote: »
    I wonder if this means that we will be able to use dragon hoard coins on secrets and sigils?

Nop. Only Potions and Scrolls for dragons.

Maybe next time or in the new lockbox.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wait...how could someone worship multiple deities? o.O
    Let's say some dumb players (including me I admit) played with ingame chat commands and now have all dieties one could ever worship xD

Also I heard race change may sometimes cause that thing.

UPD I mean, if you had that bug and then open your character's bio there you would see a bugged window showing that you worship all dieties. Here I found a screenie to show what exactly I am trying to say
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276087476/screen231234.png
  • Options
    nedruodnedruod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited October 2014
    An important change that's needed is something to address the new spammer behavior. I think life may be more difficult for them, but their new system is even more of a PITA for us. They send PM's and mail messages to anyone with their grouping preference set to "Visible to all". Sure you can set it to "Visible to friends only", but this makes it much more difficult to zone hop like you need to for ToD content.

My suggestion is another preference level, "Visible to friends and players above XX level". 20th would be good. Configurable if you want (though a rational preset like 20 or 30 would be good enough and probably easier to code). Same basic purpose as the last set of changes, just expanding the scope so that spammers have to invest a lot in an account before it can send spam.. and thus when it gets banned they'll have to stop or at least radically decrease their volume.
  • Options
    dargrotdargrot Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    harunhh wrote: »
    Just team up with the other players who are trying to get the jars or idols then everyone does it in 1/2 or even 1/4 the time. Teamwork! , it's what makes humans awesome.

You have too much faith in humanity... especially the anonymity the internet give its players to be as selfish as they like with no repercussions.
  • Options
    tuncdragomirtuncdragomir Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2014
    Any fix about the Arcane chest bugs(gettin same normal chest items on arcane chests all the time,items are not transferrin to inv) of Lair of Lostmauth & Shore of Tuern??..Also what about Whisperin Cavern's Vilithirax artifact belt bug???..Belts are not transferrin to inventory when we get the loot....These 2 are one of the most killer bugs in the game and more important than those u re fixin and adjustin.
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any fix about the Arcane chest bugs(gettin same normal chest items on arcane chests all the time,items are not transferrin to inv) of Lair of Lostmauth & Shore of Tuern??..Also what about Whisperin Cavern's Vilithirax artifact belt bug???..Belts are not transferrin to inventory when we get the loot....These 2 are one of the most killer bugs in the game and more important than those u re fixin and adjustin.

There won't be a fix for that issue anytime soon.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1330mb file ? is this correct Seems Rather Huge

Size of files being patched, not size of download.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    qwregtqwregt Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    instead of getting a rental token after reaching level 20 cant we not just get a new token where we will be able to purchas are own mount with so where not spending anymore of are 5g just to give are either toon a horse ?
  • Options
    tigillotigillo Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    There won't be a fix for that issue anytime soon.

How? This is most important for many player now. Dungon, and chance get a belt is more important thing in Tyrany of Dragons.

How this can be still buged? Since 3 weeks ago we report a bug !!!!!
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the fixes, especially to the GF - those were needed badly! There is still more to do overall, but I appreciate what has been done so far!

More people should read patch notes, as well. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Supremacy of steel damage wasn't the issue, it was the glyphs.
  • Options
    zildan7905zildan7905 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Classes and Balance

• Dragon Glyphs: These Glyphs will no longer deal damage when triggered from a reflective damage source such as Guarded Assault.

Really? Seriouslly? Thats it? Thats all youre going to say/fix about glyphs? How about it can not be properly deflected or defended against? Or the fact its a DoT damage that unmitigably drains HP no matter what the target's defense or deflect is. Is Cryptic being paid NOT to fix this?
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    zildan7905 wrote: »
    Really? Seriouslly? Thats it? Thats all youre going to say/fix about glyphs? How about it can not be properly deflected or defended against? Or the fact its a DoT damage that unmitigably drains HP no matter what the target's defense or deflect is. Is Cryptic being paid NOT to fix this?

That is already in a future build (I believe in the next few weeks or so) but couldn't make it into this build. We definitely are aware that they should not be doing unmitigatable and undodgeable damage and that is getting fixed.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Try making yourself only visible to friends

From the Social Menu ('o') find the lower right box and click on Preferences. There, you should see where you can change the VISIBLE TO ALL to VISIBLE TO FRIENDS ONLY setting.

I found this while being in the middle of a dungeon (gnarlroot or somewhere) and I was getting random blind friend invites from people/bots I never even knew and I would SHIFT+3 them for later and end up blocking them but when I changed that setting, the spam stopped.

People selling zen and AD on three of the social channels (trade/default/LFP) are a different story and I have no idea how to block those kinds of incoming texts. Any ideas?
  • Options
    kiajoonkiajoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm, what must they remove AP gain during supremacy of steel?
    Other skills can still gain AP though, it will be more feasible to at least let me gain AP for the action which I am doing... and not totally just remove AP totally...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That is already in a future build (I believe in the next few weeks or so) but couldn't make it into this build. We definitely are aware that they should not be doing unmitigatable and undodgeable damage and that is getting fixed.

Whew! <thumbs up> thanks!
  • Options
    tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You guys really need to look into fixing the Guild Roster. When i do a guild Clean-out And i go to Kick certain people the names that i think im clicking on aren't the ones being kicked. Players that actually play in the guild that i want to stay are being kicked, So now im afraid to do a clean out because i don't want to kick good members! Please Fix! someone told me their was a Forum about this but i couldn't find it. Though i didn't look very well ill admit! just want it fixed!
This discussion has been closed.