Options

Patch Notes: NW.25.20140923a.5

13»

Comments

• Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    lady808 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused... If someone splashes you with acid, you can't dodge it after it's landed on you. So why should a DoT that's landed on you be dodgeable? I can understand if you dodged the initial casting of the DoT and it still sticks to you, but if you didn't, and it's stuck on you... Why should you be able to dodge the damage? If someone throws a Molotov cocktail at you, and you don't dodge it, you should be on fire and no matter how you jump/run/spin/twirl, you shouldn't be able to mystically avoid taking fire damage.
    First I'd like to say that I'm against any real life or D&D comparisons because this is a MMO and thus the only thing worth considering about items or powers is whether they break the gameplay or the balance, and those glyphs absolutely do it.

But, since you want to play this "common sense" game: If someone splashes you with acid, you should be given the chance to completely avoid the splash, or to migrate the damage with your armor (since you won't be entirely exposed if you're wearing armor), or to avoid a part of the splash by dodging or deflecting some of that acid. With glyphs you do 600 damage, no matter how high the defense or deflection of your opponent. For example as a TR I have a power called Impossible to Catch. This power lets me dodge incoming attacks, which is translated in this game to 100% chance to take lowered damage through the deflect mechanism. When you use this skill against a glyph user it's completely useless, because even though the inital strikes are deflected, the bonus 600 damage still pops on every strike.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mauriziob wrote: »
    I have 22kgs Guardian Figther

22kgs? Did he have anorexia? That's really under-weight, even for a Halflng!

:p
  • Options
    passionbreezepassionbreeze Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope this does not mean that you bugged Character Creation so that only the same deity can be chosen, could not fix it and decided to call it a "Feature". It's bad enough that most races cannot worship their own deities as it is. We need MORE deity choices, not fewer.

:D[/QUOTE]

For real, dude. I await the day my drow can strut down to the Whispering Caverns, drop an alter and pray to lolth. Heil the Spider Queen!
  • Options
    nedruodnedruod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited October 2014
    Problem is, you can longer receive invites from non-friends once you do this. Go hunt a dragon and look for an instance to switch to. You won't get any invites, and you may even get a person telling you they can't invite.
    zildan7905 wrote: »
    Try making yourself only visible to friends

From the Social Menu ('o') find the lower right box and click on Preferences. There, you should see where you can change the VISIBLE TO ALL to VISIBLE TO FRIENDS ONLY setting.
  • Options
    netherbloomnetherbloom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For real, dude. I await the day my drow can strut down to the Whispering Caverns, drop an alter and pray to lolth. Heil the Spider Queen!

Ugh . .

It is pronounced "Glory to Mother Lolth" in Common, or in Illythiirian (Drow/Dhearow (as the Surface Elves call them)) "ust Dossa Rivval shaeun "Lolth Tlu Malla"

And Drow Males are not Clerics of Lolth, such would incur HER wrath. Males are the Lesser of the race, Yath, The Yath, the Clergy of Lolth/Lloth are strictly female. and they do not drop altars they careful create altars and offer any otther Drow, or Slave ( Goodly natured) as a token sacrifice.

As far as I am concerned, I am upset that there are No Evil Deities on Character Creation. The Black Gauntlet ( Bane) The Vaunted ( Velsharoon), Lady of Pestilence ( Talona), The Dark Lady/Mistress of Secrets ( Shar)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Exactly! And how can a mere male be a Priestess of Lolth, anyway? And how come most of the DC powers involve light of some sort? All the Drow would be blinded for a while!

[B][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#DDA0DD"]
    May Lolth's Venom Blind you
     And Bind you to her Will![/COLOR][FONT=Courier New]
             ;      ;
             ;  {}  ;
           ;  ',00,'  ;
            `';;XX;;'`
            ,' ;XX; ',
           ; ,' `` ', ;
             ;      ;
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

• Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    First I'd like to say that I'm against any real life or D&D comparisons because this is a MMO and thus the only thing worth considering about items or powers is whether they break the gameplay or the balance, and those glyphs absolutely do it.

But, since you want to play this "common sense" game: If someone splashes you with acid, you should be given the chance to completely avoid the splash, or to migrate the damage with your armor (since you won't be entirely exposed if you're wearing armor), or to avoid a part of the splash by dodging or deflecting some of that acid. With glyphs you do 600 damage, no matter how high the defense or deflection of your opponent. For example as a TR I have a power called Impossible to Catch. This power lets me dodge incoming attacks, which is translated in this game to 100% chance to take lowered damage through the deflect mechanism. When you use this skill against a glyph user it's completely useless, because even though the inital strikes are deflected, the bonus 600 damage still pops on every strike.

Mmm... I did say that it makes sense to not take any damage if you avoid the initial hit right? So why the waspishness? If someone shoves a hot poker into your face, you're going to take full damage from it and all the lovely burning sensations no matter how shadowy you are. Or maybe it's the fact that you're upset because you're not fully invulnerable to EVERYthing while ITC is running when popped from stealth? I can understand that you're upset about it really I can, but there's no need to attack other people just because they say things that upset you. You'll just raise your own blood pressure, give yourself ulcers (of which you won't be able to avoid the damage from no matter what you do unless you get it treated by the way ;) ), and give yourself more stress than people in general would want.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Most classes' capstone feats are not specifically designed around AP generation, so saying they don't generate AP is... well, they do something else, whatever it was they were designed to do. Tactician capstone is designed to generate AP.

As for saying the glyphs are working as intended because common sense... devs have already said otherwise, and it will be fixed.

As to the rest of the argument... ok, someone throws a beaker of acid on you and you don't evade it, you have acid on you, it burns... fair enough. Glyphs are more like, the magic stone embedded in my armor does acid damage to you, just because it's there. You can't evade that because neener neener neener, glyphs man.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    lady808 wrote: »
    Mmm... I did say that it makes sense to not take any damage if you avoid the initial hit right? So why the waspishness? If someone shoves a hot poker into your face, you're going to take full damage from it and all the lovely burning sensations no matter how shadowy you are. Or maybe it's the fact that you're upset because you're not fully invulnerable to EVERYthing while ITC is running when popped from stealth? I can understand that you're upset about it really I can, but there's no need to attack other people just because they say things that upset you. You'll just raise your own blood pressure, give yourself ulcers (of which you won't be able to avoid the damage from no matter what you do unless you get it treated by the way ;) ), and give yourself more stress than people in general would want.
    Can't say I get your post - I gave you logical arguments and you responded with me being angry? I'm not angry, just think your view is wrong
  • Options
    snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2014
    inthere23 wrote: »
    Only for pvp cheaters, not in PVE. GF can still buff group damage up to 60%+ with Into The Fray/KV synergy/Draconic set bonus/Tactician spec.
    GF can intercept half of all the group's damage and also debuff mob damage 10% to group members with daunting challenge/enforced threat, and also add 5% DR with the Draconic set.

Think the class is dead? Group with a good GF in a tough dungeon then group without one in the same dungeon.

There is no reason for a GF to use KV and Enforced Threat. Without the ability to generate action points we can no longer heal ourselves (fighter's recovery).
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • Options
    inthere23inthere23 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    snappa0126 wrote: »
    There is no reason for a GF to use KV and Enforced Threat. Without the ability to generate action points we can no longer heal ourselves (fighter's recovery).

Ummm, GF generates action points faster than any other class, even without tactician spec if you use into the fray. And heal ourselves? lol. Group with a DC or Temptation SW or both.

No reason to use KV???? It cuts half of all damage to your group members. No reason to use Enforced Threat???? Grab agro, taunt enemies off teamates and at the very least reduce damage by 10% with the tactician feat.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    firstookamikazefirstookamikaze Member Posts: 48
    edited October 2014
    I don't understand why GF should not gain AP when he is hit, when he use skill, etc ... just because he have use his daily SoS.

To not gain AP from SoS will be fine, to not gain AP from any usual way is a big mistake.

Actually, if you are tactician, using SoS mean sacrifice your AP generation from hit you receive.
    For all spec, using SoS mean you will not be rewarded by AP from all thing you will do next.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Sooooooo stop using SOS. Why is that so hard? Adjust. CW shard got nerfed, smart ones stopped using it and went to something else, dumb ones kept using it and complained. I don't understand why people leave a dead spell on their bar and complain about it being dead. Use something else!
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for taking all control out of Icy Rays in pvp.

All the control has NOT been taken out of Icy Rays in PvP. I have two level 60 DCs and two level 60 TRs who can testify to that, all 12 to 15k GS in PvP.

It may be slightly less massively, ludicrously over-powered and completely unfair and broken as it was last week, but it certainly does not lack all controlling effects.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow. Kinda lively discussion here about CW's powers...

I like to read how CW's cry that they got weaker. But hell CW are still on top as class during pvp. And I don't understand why they are cry. I have CW too and its not like would be hard to catch, other class and kill it.
    I would suggest all these CW's QQ play Warlock for couple of days. And they will notice how powerful CW is. And how weak SW are.

After this patch I throw my warlock away. First thing I notice that before update, that during warlocks shadow slip you could dodge GWF hits, or other incoming hits. Now u can't. And best part. Most players start ignoring hits from warlock. Only I can do damage to other warlock.
    I casted my all spells on CW. and he give me (finger) and ignored me at all. And his gear where total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. So shadow slip don't work, Players easly evade warlocks harrowstorm and wraith shadow CC and you out of options.
    And hell with CW i just spam chill cloud and storm hiting my enemy. Warlock don't have anything like it..

So dear CW's stop the -_- cry that become little less OP. From warlocks view you still OP anyway.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So dear CW's stop the -_- cry that become little less OP. From warlocks view you still OP anyway.

I was defending a node against a CW and I was doing almost no damage at all. Seriously, like I knocked off about 5% of his health bar, with 5000 Power and a reasonable amount of Critical Strike and Armour Penetration for a Grim Faithful Healer build.

He kept freezing me and interrupting my powers, so it was difficult to build Divinity and Action Points.

I was managing to survive for about 10 seconds as I could dodge sometimes and had very high hp, Defence, Deflect and feats for AC, hp and Deflection. And I was standing in an Invigorated Healing blue Astral Shield in the middle of a Moon Touched Hallowed Ground, hitting him with Astral Seal, so each hit I did to him healed me a little bit, and Blessings of Battle buffing my self and hitting him for a couple of thousand damage, but very slowly, and also healing and buffing myself with Prestigious Exaltation, and using a level 89 Blood Crystal Raven Skull and a Battle Potion of Healing.

I was on my way out, but our CW turned up to help - the enemy melted in 2 seconds. So we teamed up - I buffed and healed him, and he did the dps I just cannot do.

I checked that enemy CW - he had a 9k GS, while I had a 15k GS. Last week, he would have frozen me solid and I would have died in 2 seconds. I have a CW as well, but do not play it much as it is FUBAR'D.

If that CW had a 15k GS, I would have been dead long before help arrived. But being annihilated by a combat CW with equal gear score is maybe something a pure Healer Anointed Champion DC would expect. But being annihilated by a CW with a GS 6000 points LOWER than mine?

That's just wrong.

Good work, Cryptic.

And roll on the DC Overhaul. DCs are supposed to do a lot of damage with their powers AS WELL as buff, debuff and heal. Just like CWs can do a lot of damage AS WELL as Crowd Control.

I still get Royally Screwed when I get Frozen by a 15k CW and then Sandwich-Stunned by two 18k GWFs. Dead in seconds.

:D
  • Options
    en3rg1234en3rg1234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi i have problem whit neverwinter.When the game is updating my pc i restart.Please help
  • Options
    l3xi55l3xi55 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sooooooo stop using SOS. Why is that so hard? Adjust. CW shard got nerfed, smart ones stopped using it and went to something else, dumb ones kept using it and complained. I don't understand why people leave a dead spell on their bar and complain about it being dead. Use something else!

Sorry for the tangent but I have a 17.2k CW and still use shard for AoE. Still great control encounter and decent dps if you know what you are doing. I have no issues out dps'ing 18-19k CWs. Just say'n :p
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    what is this patch for today?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    l3xi55 wrote: »
    Sorry for the tangent but I have a 17.2k CW and still use shard for AoE. Still great control encounter and decent dps if you know what you are doing. I have no issues out dps'ing 18-19k CWs. Just say'n :p

It's not about the damage.........shard is a bad control encounter because it knocks mobs out of everyone else's AOE and makes fights a lot longer, but at least you're not complaining! I tried explaining this to another CW that was using shard and ice storm because the group wound up splitting into two and 3 fights because the monsters were so spread out, but he pointed out that he was tops in damage(most likely because he was knocking everything out of everyone's AOE)-about 10 minutes before he got kicked.

I voted against kicking him, but shard was tolerated in the past because of the extremely high damage. Just my opinion, but scattering stuff and lowering group dps is not my idea of good control. Good control spells I would rate sing, entangling, or anything else that enhances group effectiveness.............shard does not.

just sayin
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not about the damage.........shard is a bad control encounter because it knocks mobs out of everyone else's AOE and makes fights a lot longer

just sayin

I still use shard, when my survival depends on it, i.e. situations like 1-2 man Draco in CN. It's damage is **** tho and the prone doesn't seem as long as advertised. Also casting time seems even longer than before.

Considering this was my favorite PvP and PvE encounter... I can only sigh.
  • Options
    rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    That is already in a future build (I believe in the next few weeks or so) but couldn't make it into this build. We definitely are aware that they should not be doing unmitigatable and undodgeable damage and that is getting fixed.

Can I just say thank you for this small but meaningful interaction with the players. It really is important and puts so many minds at ease concerning a game that many of us have invested heavily into. MOAR designer/player interaction in the future please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • Options
    l3xi55l3xi55 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not about the damage.........shard is a bad control encounter because it knocks mobs out of everyone else's AOE and makes fights a lot longer, but at least you're not complaining! I tried explaining this to another CW that was using shard and ice storm because the group wound up splitting into two and 3 fights because the monsters were so spread out, but he pointed out that he was tops in damage(most likely because he was knocking everything out of everyone's AOE)-about 10 minutes before he got kicked.

I voted against kicking him, but shard was tolerated in the past because of the extremely high damage. Just my opinion, but scattering stuff and lowering group dps is not my idea of good control. Good control spells I would rate sing, entangling, or anything else that enhances group effectiveness.............shard does not.

just sayin

I fully agree with what you are saying and I did neglect to mention the usage of shard is highly situational. For example if I am running ToS and most mobs die anyway with 1 rotation I will use shard as the last part of my rotation.
  • Options
    myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not sure if anyone has answered this earlier in the thread I just saw people talking about the bot PM's.
    If you open your social menu and then click the preferences, you can set yourself to visible to friends only. With that setting on, those bots can't see you and you won't ever get PM's from them anymore.

Hope that helps...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • Options
    fojarhefojarhe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    WHere is the latest patch note(s)? The thread for today's patch...
    No info regarding today's unscheduled patch anywhere.
  • Options
    lostyuslostyus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fojarhe wrote: »
    WHere is the latest patch note(s)? The thread for today's patch...
    No info regarding today's unscheduled patch anywhere.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same, but something isn't right about it, it says the 20th Oct.

Have they really got that info wrong twice in 2 weeks? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only thing getting fixed today is the Bottled Lightning quest.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kutas1986kutas1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I will with SW in TOS....Finaly boss the and.. I GWF full dps 15900 GS and SW 14 000 GS. SW 40 milions dmg and I 3 milions dmg.
    Then from the CW op character.

Where is the problem?

Begin to think about something then Call. I play CW and I think that with his Gear score is everything in skill points in order. But I do not like how it is created and modified SW.

I can have whatever I want and try to be as well some characters better. Your balance is completely absurd and I can not understand how we transform the feat descriptions and skills of all the characters. Thus, from the present worse than others doing so, GWF should have great potential, but in the end my pride as zero in PVE.

Whenever you change something akorad then all screwed up.
This discussion has been closed.