What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.25.20140923a.5

Comments

• Options
    lollopezlollopez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The main things to fix are LoL epic chests ( chests opened with crafted keys show a drop but if u accept you will get a different one) and belt loot from dragons!!!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still haven't fixed the Tacticians Grim armor price....
  • Options
    zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: Guardian Fighters will no longer be able to gain Action Points while Supremacy of Steel is active.

Sorry, but this is way overkill. I went tactician and don't even get ap for my capstone. If you plan for all classes to not gain ap during active dailies (which I personally don't think is a good idea, it will make quick casted dailies superior to long lasting ones and pure burst damage superior to buffs) fine.
    But I think it should be different for a capstone, you invested a lot of points to get it and you should get something for it no matter what. I mean, something like this (deactivating a capstone) exists for no other class.
    I repeat, it's an overkill, please fix it.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zurimor wrote: »
    Sorry, but this is way overkill. I went tactician and don't even get ap for my capstone. If you plan for all classes to not gain ap during active dailies (which I personally don't think is a good idea, it will make quick casted dailies superior to long lasting ones and pure burst damage superior to buffs) fine.
    But I think it should be different for a capstone, you invested a lot of points to get it and you should get something for it no matter what. I mean, something like this (deactivating a capstone) exists for no other class.

Glyphs, glyphs, everything else is destroyed instead. This harms PVE WAY TOO MUCH.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard: Icy Rays: Control Strength and Resistance will now properly affect the duration of the immobilize from Icy Rays. To compensate for this, the base root duration has been reduced to 1 second when hitting two targets, and 1.25 seconds when hitting a single target (down from 1.5 and 2 respectively).

HOORAH! Rejoicing through all the land!! Let the Halfling Hordes Arise!

Classes and Balance
    • Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: The damage from this power can now be properly deflected and resisted.

HOORAH! Rejoicing through all the land!! Let the Halfling Hordes Arise!

Classes and Balance
    • Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Intimidation: This feat... can now be dodged, deflected, and resisted correctly.

HOORAH! Rejoicing through all the land!! Let the Halfling Hordes Arise! All Clerics praise the Gods of Cryptic!

Classes and Balance
    Items and Economy
    • The Tyranny of Dragons vendors (both the one located in Protector's Enclave and the one available via the Campaigns window) now feature two new items. Give them a try!

I REALLY hope you mean that Defence Supplies can be traded for Medals and Insignia...

Classes and Balance
    • Dragon Glyphs: These Glyphs will no longer deal damage when triggered from a reflective damage source such as Guarded Assault.

HOORAH! Rejoicing through all the land! Let those with Sanity still intact Arise!

Classes and Balance
    User Interface
    Players can no longer worship multiple deities as this is offensive to the Gods and could incur their wrath.

Do what? You say NOTHING about any deities *I* worship, Sir! If any! My CHARACTERS, on the other hand, worship a deity appropriate to their Race and Class, as decided by ME. NOT you. :mad:

I hope this does not mean that you bugged Character Creation so that only the same deity can be chosen, could not fix it and decided to call it a "Feature". It's bad enough that most races cannot worship their own deities as it is. We need MORE deity choices, not fewer.

But I'm sure I have misunderstood. ;)

Or, at least, I hope so...

Good set of fixes this week!

:D
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do what? You say NOTHING about any deities *I* worship, Sir! If any! My CHARACTERS, on the other hand, worship a deity appropriate to their Race and Class, as decided by ME. NOT you. :mad:

I hope this does not mean that you bugged Character Creation so that only the same deity can be chosen, could not fix it and decided to call it a "Feature". It's bad enough that most races cannot worship their own deities as it is. We need MORE deity choices, not fewer.

But I'm sure I have misunderstood. ;)

Or, at least, I hope so...

Sweet merciful <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, yes, you have misunderstood.

If you've ever inspected someone, noticed that they have multiple deities and wondered to yourself "wtf?" (but probably not since you seem unaware of the circumstances under which this was possible)... well, they're not going to be able to do that anymore.

Because the gods did indeed disapprove.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gawd, I love the changes for intimidation feat. Sentinel finally feels like a real off-tank now :] if only daring shout and come and get it could hit more than 5 oponents at a time, and daring shout had longer reach (it's pretty silly now)... That would be even more awesome :0 but I guess not every wish is destined to come true, eh :)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm so glad now that I've been sitting on a respec for my Sent GWF because I didn't really know what I wanted to do with her. This should be fun.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sweet merciful <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, yes, you have misunderstood.

ROFLMAO!!

Oh, LOL, just let me dry my eyes for a minute... :D

No, I had no idea some people had a zillion deities on their characters. I've never seen that at all, and i inspect lots of other characters, including their History. The History, just to see how many people have bothered to write one.

LOL! :D

But I think we need more deities. It would be really nice if the deity granted a minor boon as well.

Plus, Race Re-Rolls should allow a different deity - it allows a different race and a different name, so why not a different deity?

My Dragonborn Whisperknife still worships Tymora, because she used to be a Halfling! All her Companions have inappropriate names as well, like her Ioun Stone is still called Yondalla's Luckstone, instead of Eye of Tiamat or something. And her Erinyes is called Really Evil Big Lunk, which seems a little wimpy for an Erinyes bound to a Dragonborn. Especially as the Dragonborn is just as tall or even a little taller.

And her History still says she's a wee little Hobbit, but I can change that for nothing.

Cheers!

:D
  • Options
    dufrontdufront Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That is already in a future build (I believe in the next few weeks or so) but couldn't make it into this build. We definitely are aware that they should not be doing unmitigatable and undodgeable damage and that is getting fixed.

Resisted, dodged, but also blockable by GF'S guard right?
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    zurimor wrote: »

Yep. I will re-roll my Tactician to a Conqueror now. Good job taking a s*** on one class because of their Glyphs. SOS is probably shelved as well as it is useless damage-wise now.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    eziukas21eziukas21 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Knights Valor has had its AP gain reduced to reflect the new functionality of the power. It still generates Action Points every second it is active during combat, but at a much slower rate.
    Well ok it was 5%/sec, kinda broken, now it is 1%/sec i can be OK with this...
    wrote:
    Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: The damage from this power can now be properly deflected and resisted.
    I can OK with this too, since you, dev, said that this skill can affect our ArmPen.
    wrote:
    Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: Guardian Fighters will no longer be able to gain Action Points while Supremacy of Steel is active.
    But this..... This is a completely different level of a nerf! It makes SoS unusable in PVP and in PVE too.. You are balancing pvp, thats ok, but with that kinda balance you are destroying PVE... And why we, GFs, alone cant get AP when we use our daily. MAKE EVERYONE CANT BUILD AP DURING DAILIES, or give us back our AP during SOS..

Nothing more to say here.
  • Options
    mauriziobmauriziob Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guardian Fighter killed

Hunter Ranger invincible

Great patch, congratulations!

P.s. graphic bug on the knight valor has not been resolved... LOL
  • Options
    maxbrandomaxbrando Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well ok it was 5%/sec, kinda broken, now it is 1%/sec i can be OK with this...
    No, it was 10%, and Now is 0.66%/sec.......
  • Options
    eziukas21eziukas21 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    maxbrando wrote: »
    No, it was 10%, and Now is 0.66%/sec.......

Thats even worse than i expected.. "Thanks you" very much devs, for killing GF class.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    eziukas21 wrote: »
    Thats even worse than i expected.. "Thanks you" very much devs, for killing GF class.

What did you expect by playing a cookie-cutter build? That it will last forever? There are tons of viable GF builds in both PvP and PvE without relying on KV and perma dailies.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    What did you expect by playing a cookie-cutter build? That it will last forever? There are tons of viable GF builds in both PvP and PvE without relying on KV and perma dailies.

PvP? Shut up please!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mauriziob wrote: »
    PvP? Shut up please!

Why? GF can kick some serious <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ even without KV or SoS slotted. But then again, that requires you to have more skill than holding shift down and activating SoS once in a while :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Why? GF can kick some serious <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ even without KV or SoS slotted. But then again, that requires you to have more skill than holding shift down and activating SoS once in a while :rolleyes:

I have 22kgs Guardian Figther

SoS now refull hunter ranger life.

Shield don't work versus glyph...

-.-
  • Options
    inthere23inthere23 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guardian Fighter killed

Only for pvp cheaters, not in PVE. GF can still buff group damage up to 60%+ with Into The Fray/KV synergy/Draconic set bonus/Tactician spec.
    GF can intercept half of all the group's damage and also debuff mob damage 10% to group members with daunting challenge/enforced threat, and also add 5% DR with the Draconic set.

Think the class is dead? Group with a good GF in a tough dungeon then group without one in the same dungeon.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have 22kgs Guardian Figther

SoS now refull hunter ranger life.

Shield don't work versus glyph...

-.-

I've got you an easy fix. Don't use SoS against rangers :p besides, glyph fix is coming in a few weeks.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think you meant "Don't use SoS, period."

Funny how the warlock can still gain AP while using TT.

I would also like to point out that black ice damage is still not properly resisted. How about you actually fix bugs that are already there and that have been reported for months instead of making up new ones?
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    megendra wrote: »
    You have fix the troll idols but we still need to fight each other to explode the lighting jars in rothe valley... sigh*
    I think those jars needed to be fixed more than the idols, maybe next week :confused:

The jars mission is easy (you can start the process little late and tank the explosion to get score), but I hate the rescue slaves version for long return times and long travel. Also the rings in the Graveyard take forever to return and can be stolen quite easily.

Also the Sharandra mission where you release elves from the cocoons is really annoying for the occasional **** making steals and slow return times, especially with those classes that kill slow.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    PS. Thanks for taking all control out of Icy Rays in pvp. Compensating by reducing the initial timer to half? Let me laugh. Everybody got that much CC resist from tenacity that the effect time is already reduced with adding the bonuses and penalties and now it is nearly non-existing. I barely notice it anymore with CW or GWF.

CW can't be that OP anymore when the greatest number of any class in first page of pvp ranking has been HRs since the module change and GF is the new module 3 GWF against whom CW has nothing to say if the player knows how to play it, name mark "neglecting control effects when facing shield up player in opposite direction".

Previously you could root GW with Icy Rays and Ray of Frost him for 0 damage until frozen and then solve the problem, now they can't be rooted thanks to the shield, can't be chill stacked thanks to the shield, move faster than most other classes, throw prones like a beast, deal great damage with good enchants and shield effect is 270-decrees ot 360-decrees in some cases. Seems like my next character... :D
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    zildan7905zildan7905 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gawd, I love the changes for intimidation feat. Sentinel finally feels like a real off-tank now :] if only daring shout and come and get it could hit more than 5 oponents at a time, and daring shout had longer reach (it's pretty silly now)... That would be even more awesome :0 but I guess not every wish is destined to come true, eh :)

More power, greater range and threat. You can get more than 5 marked if you do Come n Get it, THEN Daring Shout. Come n Get it debuffs enemies and pulls from a wide area toward you. Everyone with a ranged AoE attack will agree that if you can off tank and park groups of enemies in a small area, stuff just dies faster :)
  • Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    That is already in a future build (I believe in the next few weeks or so) but couldn't make it into this build. We definitely are aware that they should not be doing unmitigatable and undodgeable damage and that is getting fixed.
    So you're aware of the fact those glyphs are broken, ruin PvP, and that this has been going on for weeks and your response is "we'll patch, but it will take a few weeks"? This will sum up a month of broken, unplayable, unbalanced and gear based PvP, which caused me and others to take a hiatus from PvP.
    I don't get it, if you know something isn't working properly and that it'll take you weeks to fix it, why don't you limit their use in the mean time? Why not remove them from PvP until they're fixed?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    inthere23 wrote: »
    Only for pvp cheaters, not in PVE. GF can still buff group damage up to 60%+ with Into The Fray/KV synergy/Draconic set bonus/Tactician spec.
    GF can intercept half of all the group's damage and also debuff mob damage 10% to group members with daunting challenge/enforced threat, and also add 5% DR with the Draconic set.

Think the class is dead? Group with a good GF in a tough dungeon then group without one in the same dungeon.

No one is complaining about GFs role in dungeons. They wouldn't have anything bad to say.

Instead, practically all the complaints about guardian fighters comes from their ability to tank well in PvP matches. Just a bunch of sore loosers, really. Honestly. Why dont the devs slightly nerf SoS instead of changing its gender completely? Meaning, since the GRIPE has always been AP gain, put it at 1% or 0.5% AP gain but sincerely not ZERO. Well, that's probably their idea of weening the armadillo GF off its spikes. Fine until the next batch of cry-babies want to blame all their losses on something else.
  • Options
    maxbrandomaxbrando Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    how to Protect the party with KV without use the daily for healing?
    The damage received in epic dungeon/skirmish is too much.
    I'm talking only about pve, i don't play pvp. I don't use SoS in pve
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    maxbrando wrote: »
    how to Protect the party with KV without use the daily for healing?
    The damage received in epic dungeon/skirmish is too much.
    I'm talking only about pve, i don't play pvp. I don't use SoS in pve

Fighter's Recovery, Iron Warrior and Into the Frey and KV for encounters. Guarded Assault and Shield Talent for passivs. For groups swap Iron Warrior out with Enforced Threat and Shield Talent with Enhanced Mark. Swap back for boss fights. Enjoy!
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm a little confused... If someone splashes you with acid, you can't dodge it after it's landed on you. So why should a DoT that's landed on you be dodgeable? I can understand if you dodged the initial casting of the DoT and it still sticks to you, but if you didn't, and it's stuck on you... Why should you be able to dodge the damage? If someone throws a Molotov cocktail at you, and you don't dodge it, you should be on fire and no matter how you jump/run/spin/twirl, you shouldn't be able to mystically avoid taking fire damage.

Also, I'd just like to point out that most people's dailies don't give you AP when you use them. A few classes have dailies that will give you a little AP when you use them, but they say so in their tooltips. So GFs getting massive amounts of AP from a daily seems off. This goes for capstone feats as well. Most peoples capstone feats don't give AP at all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
This discussion has been closed.