test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Siege of Neverwinter

aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I need to make a T-shirt that says: "I had 3 characters farm this event for 7 days and all I got was this lousy rank 2 Dark enchant."

Really? An R2? I have thousands of those other coins, and the only thing I'd use are the Draconic enchants, for RP. Unfortunately, that will take another whole day of clicking. First to buy them, then to refine them. What a colossal waste of time. I'll be skipping the next one.

What did you get?
Post edited by aulduron on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, for newbies it was a good opportunity to farm some AD at least :/
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I even got one of the two purple things in that box. Never have I seen a refiners cache with anything near as bad as that.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have made more AD (and of no relation, I spent more AD) than I have ever earned through any event in game before. This event was very good to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've got dyes and fashion sets so I'd say that event was successful for me (also this event helped me realise that Oppressor tree is no use in PvE even with shatter (maybe on trash mobs in epic LoL it could be useful but I found out that all my CC came from companions and class features)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I got at least one of everything by only running 4 characters through each day only for the daily. I just ran my main from then on only for the daily and all while having 20 of my characters doing the high-end profession tasks for Supplies (chance to get 3x) to trade in for Medallions to open Neverwintan Defense Packs. I did not farm the HEs or spend any more time in the zone than necessary for the daily.

I am content, as I was able to get every achievement from the event on all my characters. I still don't care for the RNG aspect but I loved everything else. What made my day was when I opened the 8th Defense Pack and got a Battlefield Medic. Indeed! I rarely get anything good from RNG, so this cheered me up a bit. For sure.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was only able to get 3 packs. Got the archer in the first pack. Got the companion xp tome in the second. Got dyes in all 3. In the third I got some dragon scales. RNG was really only good to me on the first pack.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Opened only one pack, got 6 R6 runestones and 4 dyes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Opened only one pack, got 6 R6 runestones and 4 dyes.

Better than a lesser mark of potency and a rank 2 runestone;)

Should have just sold it on the AH.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got 2 archers, 1 horn, 2 survivor sets, 1 medic set, about 16 dragonslayer dye packs, and so on. A pretty fun event, IMO. My only issue, and as others have pointed out numerous times, is to reexamine the HE scoring/award system.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I played a bit more than I thought in the end and opened 3 packs via crafting, getting:

Neverember Guard
    Refiner's Cache (lesser mark of power, rank 3 enchant)
    Codex of Companion Experience (35k companion XP)

Along with horn, archer, survivor's outfit, dye kits, AH from selling carts and defense supplies.

Got quite a bit of stuff in the end, none of it amazing or particularly useful and not the only thing I really wanted, the battlefield medic :(.

As an event it was ok, elements of the battles were spoiled by things dying too fast. Decent enough fun though.
  • Options
    davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Very disappointed with mine: 4 dyes, 1 writ and a companion codex. I feel like it's been a huge waste of time.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I have made more AD (and of no relation, I spent more AD) than I have ever earned through any event in game before. This event was very good to me.

*Looks at your join date*, yup I'd believe that.

Pretty hard earning AD nowadays doing dungeons
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did the event with 6 characters (not all 6 from the beginning), roughly 5-10 minutes per character a day, got:

5 Neverember Archer Guards (125k AD each on AH right now, they will go up a bit soon though)
    5 Battlefield Medic packs (8k AD each)
    4 Injured Survivor packs (10k AD each)
    8 Dragonthingy Dyes (2,5k AD each)
    2 Salvager's Enchantments with leftovers (35k AD each)
    1 Blue mount from 1st pack (250k AD)
    2 Dragon Scales from 2nd pack (almost nothing)

Sold 10 remaining defense supplies for 50k.

If I were to sell everything I got from the event, i'd easily make over 1mil (after AH tax) :) but I'll just sell the mount and keep other stuff!

Best event so far! I love BoE stuff!! :)
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have only two characters that did the 3 supply crafting task constantly. I managed to get lucky and even had two medals of honor drop form the HEs, along with maybe 8 supplies total (I did the daily quests on both of them and then maybe an hour additional farming each day). I managed to get one box to open and got neverember guard from that. The leftover supplies (30) I sold at the AH this morning. Really disappointed I couldn't at least get a second box, oh well, at least I made some AD.

For the other currency I got both my characters the guard companion, the battle horn, about 8 veteran dye packs, 2 battlefield medic pack and some draconic enchantments to use up the leftover currency.

I wish I had more time to farm this thing, though it probably wouldn't have mattered, the supplies and medals were so rare a drop.
  • Options
    ethi3lethi3l Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am a rather new player. I just managed to reach lvl 60 before this even started. Since I am no hardcore player I have just my GF.
    Lucky me I had time to enjoy this event to the fullest.

I decided I'm not spending any money in this game so getting that & medals with my luck together was no easy task.

I got the Archer(ina) - anyone else noticed the graphic bug with her standing still with her bow on her back ?

I gathered enough insignia to buy two horns, sold them on AH and bought Defens Supplies for the AD I made. NOt a single medal dropped for me from the encounters, just inisgnia and maybe 8 supplies.

I gathered enough currency to get both fashion sets.

After all this hard work I got rewarded. I spent the 7 medals, took my chance and ... got the Battlefield Medic :)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All in all counting everything I got the Green Archer , the 80% black horse , the Horn (seems useless) two companion tomes that give 35k exp ( I think) two dragon scales , both outfits and I still have a crapload of all the currencies so I guess I will buy a couple of each outfit to store away and sell in future and a crapload of the various glyphs to use while farming/dragon killing.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    3 archers for my main chars (just because there's nothing worth spending the daily currency for); 1 medic suite for my DC, 2 horns, 2 carts (yay!) and 2,2kk AD as an aftershave. Quite a satisfying event.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was also a nice event, story-wise. Am I the only one who thought it was cool to fight a pitched battle outside of Neverwinter?

If the only think people are looking for in events is freebies, that road is almost always going to end in disappointment.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It was also a nice event, story-wise. Am I the only one who thought it was cool to fight a pitched battle outside of Neverwinter?

If the only think people are looking for in events is freebies, that road is almost always going to end in disappointment.

It was an awesome event, just wish it would have been a little easier getting the medals seeing as the chest was RNG. Other than that I want to see something similar to it in the future :)
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Whew! You guys have a lot more time than me to play this stuff!

I slowly was able to earn ONE of the Neverwinter Defender's Packs and the extra items I got were:

2 Silvery Dragon Scales and one Rank 4 Draconic Enchantment

Woot! I can retire now! :P :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    I really liked this event. My favourite thing was the fact you could use tier 3 mats for crafting. I have loads of tier 3 stuff on my main. s soon as the 800 xp mass gathering is open, I'll just rinse and repeat that till 20, where as I'd use the lower level mats to make stuff for more xp. It seems like a little thing, but it really made a difference.

I spent way too much time playing, opened 3 boxes and got the medic in the 2nd!

I made the mistake of naming him after my husband though, which seems to have imbibed him with some of the same characteristics, namely getting under my feet, standing around like a spare part and never being around when I could actually use his help.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I crafted supply packs around the clock from my T3 materials. Trading these in was sufficient to get a number of the RNG boxes. No medic, but a BoE archer, 2 refiner's caches (rank 2 enchants... hooray?), 3 companions codices.

I did manage to get the BoP archer on all my characters, a couple of medic outfits and one survivor one, one horn, and a bunch of dye. A lot of it is primarily so I can collect all the things. I've got 10-20 insignia left on a bunch of characters, which mildly irks me.

I made a bunch of AD selling portable altars. Time to start stacking them up again for the next event that uses them in inventive ways....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I crafted supply packs around the clock from my T3 materials. Trading these in was sufficient to get a number of the RNG boxes. No medic, but a BoE archer, 2 refiner's caches (rank 2 enchants... hooray?), 3 companions codices.

I did manage to get the BoP archer on all my characters, a couple of medic outfits and one survivor one, one horn, and a bunch of dye. A lot of it is primarily so I can collect all the things. I've got 10-20 insignia left on a bunch of characters, which mildly irks me.

I made a bunch of AD selling portable altars. Time to start stacking them up again for the next event that uses them in inventive ways....

Do you work a real job? :) :P
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I got at least one of everything by only running 4 characters through each day only for the daily. I just ran my main from then on only for the daily and all while having 20 of my characters doing the high-end profession tasks for Supplies (chance to get 3x) to trade in for Medallions to open Neverwintan Defense Packs. I did not farm the HEs or spend any more time in the zone than necessary for the daily.

I am content, as I was able to get every achievement from the event on all my characters. I still don't care for the RNG aspect but I loved everything else. What made my day was when I opened the 8th Defense Pack and got a Battlefield Medic. Indeed! I rarely get anything good from RNG, so this cheered me up a bit. For sure.

8 packs with 4 characters? I got 2 with 2 and the prize i got from the second pack was so discouraging I simply quited trying (It was 200k item changed book of 35k companion exp with hordes of cheap 2k companion exp books flooding the markets).

Personally I think the worst price should have been the green companion to make it worth the while OR at the very least give Silvery Dragon Scales AND Refiner's Cache for nice try.

There seemed to be better chance of getting items if you are in top of the 5 charts seen in skirmishes and sadly this means my group-buffer CW simply sucked in it. She was actually much worse in getting the supplies than my pretty new low damage tank GWF.

I feel really sad if the game is taking away chances of loot from people making actual RPG characters and giving it to min/maxers (for which I am included). This also seems to force me to respec my CW back to DPS, as she really shined in events pre-free-respec-patch and I just felt I could re-create her to help party, but this and the fact that (random) people usually won't notice anything but DPS has changed my mind.

I really liked the event:
    + Many different possibilities to fight.
    + One event didn't take too long.
    + Chances for loot didn't seem to be affected by the number of people in it.
    + The attacking hordes created an illusion of waves after waves, which created kinda gloom and desperate situation mood.
    + Much different kinds of pretty decent prizes.

I really didn't like in the event:
    - Too low drop chances for Defense Supplies.
    - Too low drop rates for the Medic Companion from the boxes.
    - No "nice try" minimum prize from the Newerwintan boxes (The companion exp book was utter trash).
    - No random loot drops in the great battlefield. SERIOUSLY?
    - The artifact prize Horn of the event was pretty weak*

* Please take out the damage cancels speed buff from the horn and make the damage to take 3 extra seconds per second from the recharge time to make the recharge time about in par (2 min 30 sec at best) with epic artifacts. Currently it is pretty useless as DoTs are so plenty, random little damage common and even the 2k temporary hitpoints is pretty weak when healing potions heal 8k HP instantly and nearly every longer time level 60 character has 30k HP, which means it is less than 10% HP boost for only few seconds. Also the extra HP should last for 30 seconds to be of any tactical use (even if they are instantly always gone in pvp).

Currently the Champion's Battle Horn is really weak show, especially compared to the Pocket Pet or especially the Tymora's Lucky Coin, but with mentioned changes it could become decent enough to be usefull.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    I ended up being able to get enough medals for 1 defenders pack.

A companion Kit - if it sells I'll be up a cool 20k AD.

I really wish I would have just farmed defense supplies and sold them for AD. I thought about it at first. ******.

Overall, I didn't like this event. And to put the medals on the Zen store for 50z each? It can't be any more obvious that this event was designed as a cash grab and not for the players. I hope Cryptic moves away from this event design in the future.

Booo I say, BOOOOO.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    lycragirl wrote: »
    I made the mistake of naming him after my husband though, which seems to have imbibed him with some of the same characteristics, namely getting under my feet, standing around like a spare part and never being around when I could actually use his help.

Lol.

Does your husband happen to be named Melchior? I think I made the same mistake with my Renegade Evok, as he is also never to be seen when there is actual combat happening, but when I'm trying to not gather mobs, he does this for me. Also he is always on the way when not needed.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I enjoyed the way dye packs were lumped in with possible purchases, and not simply distributed as the default reward barring a less-probable, higher-value treasure. I bought a few with my leftover event coinage. My last two characters without a reusable belt-slot item now have something they earned and did not have to pay AD for.

I felt that the event was structured brilliantly, with various military goals available with which to satisfy the daily. Late on the first day I stumbled across the, oh, I forget its official name, the "hospital" up on the hill, with my GWF and I solo'd the far entrance while maybe three other players held down the opposite side during the assault. THAT was eminently satisfying...although to be honest, the grind was way more fun with my CW.

That being said...I guess some persons can't get excited about the story, and have to get exactly the valuable rewards they want in order to gain even the slightest sense of satisfaction from an event like this. I know, I know...munchkins gonna munchkin. I guess I'm just not comfortable playing with anyone who didn't derive even the tiniest little sense of satisfaction from preventing wounded Neverwinter militia from being slaughtered in their sick-beds...
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    But all of the other "unique" event items (costumes, battle horn, the archer pet, dyes) were relatively easy to obtain.

If anything, maybe they could've added a green level medic to the currency rewards, so people could at least get the pet. Anyone who could go above and beyond could have the chance for the same pet already at epic rank.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wick220 wrote: »
    Overall, I didn't like this event. And to put the medals on the Zen store for 50z each? It can't be any more obvious that this event was designed as a cash grab and not for the players. I hope Cryptic moves away from this event design in the future.

Booo I say, BOOOOO.

There was actually a lot of "free" content to enjoy, even with limited time to play... this was possibly the best event so far...! And with a little effort some free attempts at purple companion or valuable blue stuff are a plus :)

It's the first non-grindy event where I got something for most of my characters, nothing to complain about! I wish they make more like this one :)

I'm usually the first to bash Cryptic when it deserves bashing, but this time i'll rather praise them :)