test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siege of Neverwinter

2»

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    myles08807 wrote: »
    I guess I'm just not comfortable playing with anyone who didn't derive even the tiniest little sense of satisfaction from preventing wounded Neverwinter militia from being slaughtered in their sick-beds...

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who really got in the spirit of the event. Every time I went to the siege area, I could not leave if that event was up...just the thought of the wounded getting slaughtered where they laid...terrible!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Do you work a real job? :) :P

Shockingly, yes. But I could set the crafting tasks on Gateway. The dailies were really alt-friendly. If you don't care about scoring great success, just clipping the tag end of any heroic that people have already done most of counted just fine.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The HE farming was a bit on the boring side with the RNG favoring no-one really. Ran several HE with my DC and was not always able to get great success. The HE's it not so friendly with all the classes as to how they determined the success rate. The prizes that you got was nice, 2 new fashion sets, the horn (not a really note worthy prize), the dyes etc. The thing that stood out for me was that you could make a lot of AD in this event which is nice.

So to break it all down, the HE farming and RNG was really not so fun, but the rest of the event was good.
    edited September 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who really got in the spirit of the event. Every time I went to the siege area, I could not leave if that event was up...just the thought of the wounded getting slaughtered where they laid...terrible!

Defending the medical camp was my favorite of the cultist-fighting heroics, but I still mostly enjoyed the dragon battles more.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2014
    I forgot to mention that I also got two ancient curios. I've kept one because I figure the madman is going to get a new item at some point.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I liked the siege itself. It was go cool idea.

How did you people get so many Honors? My GWF got one Honor to drop and 2 defense supplies. I did the profession non stop for them and still had to buy more in order to get the Honor to buy 1 box.

In previous events, I bought all the Refining Caches I could, and even bought them off the AH, and I was always happy with it's contents. Why did they get so cheap this time? Never before have I got a R2 out of one.

I got a couple of dyes too, but I always discard them as I get them.
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    I got a couple of dyes too, but I always discard them as I get them.

Sheesh, you could at least sell them or give them away.

I was crafting on 12 characters. That was a minimum of 36 supplies per day (so 3 medals), more when I got 3 from some tasks. I only received one medal from a heroic encounter, and supplies a few times.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a guildbank and mailbox full of dyes I've tried to sell or give away.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    I have a guildbank and mailbox full of dyes I've tried to sell or give away.

I'll take them :p I have quite a collection of dyes
    edited September 2014
    Now that dyes stack to 100, that seems like quite an awful lot of dye to fill an entire guild bank.

I'd think that simply asking in the event zone, "who wants this dye?" would get you at least one response. But you never know.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I had three toons get enough medals for one Defender's Pack and what do I get from it? An R2 enchant and a lesser mark. And dye packs to add to my already massive collection of dye packs. Really?!?
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    If the Hell would freeze and devs would actually read this, could you please remove the restriction of only one Medic or Injured fashion set kit per character?

Storing them is kinda painfull when you must keep them all in common bank space and I can't even collect from my mail all those I bought because of this restriction.

And yes, I hoard them to wait for their price to rise. So what? This is what keeps them available for longer time and is basic market maneuver...

PS. Thanks for making them not BoP.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I got at least one of everything by only running 4 characters through each day only for the daily. I just ran my main from then on only for the daily and all while having 20 of my characters doing the high-end profession tasks for Supplies (chance to get 3x) to trade in for Medallions to open Neverwintan Defense Packs. I did not farm the HEs or spend any more time in the zone than necessary for the daily.

I am content, as I was able to get every achievement from the event on all my characters. I still don't care for the RNG aspect but I loved everything else. What made my day was when I opened the 8th Defense Pack and got a Battlefield Medic. Indeed! I rarely get anything good from RNG, so this cheered me up a bit. For sure.
    8 packs with 4 characters?

May want to read that again. By the time the event was over, I had opened around 12 packs. I'll highlight it for you:
    zebular wrote: »
    I got at least one of everything by only running 4 characters through each day only for the daily. I just ran my main from then on only for the daily and all while having 20 of my characters doing the high-end profession tasks for Supplies (chance to get 3x) to trade in for Medallions to open Neverwintan Defense Packs. I did not farm the HEs or spend any more time in the zone than necessary for the daily.

I am content, as I was able to get every achievement from the event on all my characters. I still don't care for the RNG aspect but I loved everything else. What made my day was when I opened the 8th Defense Pack and got a Battlefield Medic. Indeed! I rarely get anything good from RNG, so this cheered me up a bit. For sure.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Letting us know ahead of time that the defense donator would be taken out would've prevented the hordes of ticked off people posting about it around here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]