test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'd love to have some... Player HOUSING!

Comments

• lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I used to be excited when they say "bigger battles"

Ten people for the current campaign dragons, the incoming one has five heads, so 50 ppl. Probably less realm instances too, when 50 ppl are needed you want them all at the same place. But well, 50 ppl and 5 dragon heads (hopefully each head will have its own AI), that's a lot of lag. Also, hopefully this final-ultimate-whatever fight will take place in some dedicated 20k+GS area, not in Protector enclave or a low-level realm where any level-1 bot can enter and spam ad nauseam its "comme at chinesefarmer.com, legendary artifacts for as cheap as 10 bucks, safe safe safe we want all your money in our safe"
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let's hope it will feature some rp oriented stuff.
    Nice to hear about the new SW paragon too and I can't wait to know about the changes for TR and DC.
    Let's hope they make the campaign daily quests (that it will inevitably have) more intersting and look like we're actually progressing in the story.
    also again nothing for the foundry *sigh*
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    Ten people for the current campaign dragons, the incoming one has five heads, so 50 ppl. Probably less realm instances too, when 50 ppl are needed you want them all at the same place. But well, 50 ppl and 5 dragon heads (hopefully each head will have its own AI), that's a lot of lag. Also, hopefully this final-ultimate-whatever fight will take place in some dedicated 20k+GS area, not in Protector enclave or a low-level realm where any level-1 bot can enter and spam ad nauseam its "comme at chinesefarmer.com, legendary artifacts for as cheap as 10 bucks, safe safe safe we want all your money in our safe"

I don't know about 20k.
    Maybe 16K (ish). Most folks can reach that by the time they finish with Icewind Dale. The downside (at least for Cryptic/World) is that, if you make it that heavily gated, almost no-one will ever be able to use it. Just a tiny group of uber-players. And when they get bored with it, then all that content sits alone and unused.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Quoting from here
    Highbies can hunt for artifact gear as they prep for the resurrection of the goddess Tiamat and the epic battle being so heavily foreshadowed.

Sounds alot like some new grindy content. Where we have to "prep" for some resurrection, and "hunt" for artifact gear. Who knows what that means
    Dr. Phil
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I don't know about 20k.
    Maybe 16K (ish). Most folks can reach that by the time they finish with Icewind Dale. The downside (at least for Cryptic/World) is that, if you make it that heavily gated, almost no-one will ever be able to use it. Just a tiny group of uber-players. And when they get bored with it, then all that content sits alone and unused.

Yeah, so make this deity a trash mob so every one can kill him... :mad:

NOOO!!!, I will be extremely disappointed if they make this thing:
    N9m53YN.jpg?1

Trivial, farmeable, and easily killeable like the rest of the content.

Omg, maybe it would be the first time we may have a real Endgame content, don't make them think that it should be easy because few people can kill a deity (like it should be), please.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No more grinds... Haven't even started ToD. Events and the first 2 campaigns are driving me insane.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is a clear marketing ploy between PWE and WotC to cross-promote each others content. That's cool and all. I hadn't intended this to turn into a gripe thread, but I do happen to agree that the dailies required to go from lvl 4 to done are becoming quite daunting. It was a pretty cool new thing to have added with Shar - sort of leveled the field out in a game where at the time and if you wanted level your character to max, purchase the the BiS gear outright and effectively max out your character (though before refinement, getting even an R7 enchantment was considered pretty hardcore - almost NO ONE except those willing to pay significant money out of pocket had anything like a Perfect or R9/R10 -- it was prohibitively expensive and time consuming to do that for free back then).

Shar changed that (not the enchant, but the gear) by imposing dailies and the boon system and gear you couldn't simply scoop up of the AH, but rather, you *had* to run the campaign, at least mostly. Shar also added Lairs, which was a nice new touch too. DR followed more or less same pattern with some fun content and (I think my timeline is correct here) the refinement system, which revolutionized enchantments to the point where it's pretty ridiculous now (I actually liked how an R7 was super powerful and seeing someone with an R8 was... mesmerizing... and still knowing there was at least another 2 ranks above that, but that's just me)

IWD raised that bar with the 3-boon requirement and the advent of Heroic Encounters (say what you like about the drop rates -- I have given up on getting those Gloves and completing the black ice set, more than 100 remos dead, no gloves... I've moved on -- but the idea of the HE's is actually a pretty good one). Then ToD, with more refined HE's and some really nice twists to the DD and Skirms (randomness -- always fun!). But, at the end of the day, ToD wasn't really *that* innovative. Yes, there was some new features, but for the most part the format and new features were built on or extended existing features -- not like how Dailies in Shar and HEs were fundamentally new to the game

I would very much like to see something new and innovative in Mod5 since it's not going to be GUILD HALLS. New like how dailies were new to the game in Sharandar. New like how HE"s were new, and how refinement was, while not new per se was still a massive overhaul.

Mod5 is a marketing ploy -- ok, that's fine. But I do hope it also ushers in something new and revolutionary since Cryptic sort of took a break from that in ToD. Again, not saying ToD didn't bring in some new features, just saying it wasn't anything ground breaking -- I mean, they didn't even really create new zones, just added a bit to some existing ones. I don't dislike what they did in ToD, quite the contrary, but I do feel like they mostly phone it in in the innovation department, like whoever came up with Dailies, HEs, Refinement and the rest were.... on vacation.

But that's all secondary. GUILD HALLS! Make GUILD HALLS!
    edited September 2014
    I'd love guild halls too, and yeah I missed a new open zone in ToD.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Nice use of hyperbole. Neither the belt nor the weapon require a person to spend "a fortune" to acquire.

Nice reading comprehension , did you actually read the rest of the sentence? , if you read the rest of the sentence you would have seen the bit that said -
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    artifact gear this will introduce that are gated behind ridiculously low RNG

then I said -
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    unless you are willing to spend a fortune to get them

Unless of course you want to explain a way to get artifact belts that isn't gated behind ridiculously low RNG that doesn't cost a small fortune.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im actually quite surprised at how much i wish for this to be a joke because i don't want a new mod to come out anytime soon @_@.. its always the same boon grinding mumbo jumbo! it's gotten to a point where i absolutely hate the thought of a new mod coming , rather than be excited for it.
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    ramenspade wrote: »
    Im actually quite surprised at how much i wish for this to be a joke because i don't want a new mod to come out anytime soon @_@.. its always the same boon grinding mumbo jumbo! it's gotten to a point where i absolutely hate the thought of a new mod coming , rather than be excited for it.

haha i feel the same way. The first two mods were very exciting. But now, i just feel demotivated to even continue playing because i know the next one will be an even more grind infested RNG based mod then the previous one.
    Dr. Phil
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    haha i feel the same way. The first two mods were very exciting. But now, i just feel demotivated to even continue playing because i know the next one will be an even more grind infested RNG based mod then the previous one.

I actually liked IWD when it came out.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The game need an awful lot the new Paragon paths and boon grind every few months. I miss the days sandbox MMO days when you could do other thing other grind :).
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Go go Tiamat!

tiamat.jpg
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    @iambecks

yeah getting the belt you want is annoying but it is true they have been going down in price and they will do so more. I havent been able to get the Dex belt for my HR but..... after so much grinding (and selling dragon gems) i did actually manage to make enough AD to buy the WIS one instead as its available for around 1m ad right now. Since im running a crit build the dps gain is about the same, but it cost me 5 times less than a dex one.

But yeah hope there is less daily grind to access the new group content and hopefully we get some 10 man raid or at least something really hard.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope they will improve the engine. At the current state some of us can't play because of constant critical errors.
    hell i get an direct x error only by standing and waiting for one of the dragon encounters....
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just hope they do something with companions, to make them all useful! :)
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    no more dailys, seriously this isn't a daily grind game its supposed to be fun. Dailys are not fun - yeah we do them but don't misunderstand this concept: 2 million people do dailys each day therefore 2 million players like dailys. that's like saying x amount of people die in plane crashes therefore x amount of people enjoy dieing in plane crashes.

If this is to be a team game, make it such make it full of dungeons that require teamwork not dragons which require a zerg of people to stand in one spot or 3 spots killing a dragon over and over and over each day.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Devs .. hey brass staff, playerbase has spoken and is begging for us to quit this rng/ daily grind junk, can we just release a set of new farm dungeons and maybe some ten man content..

Brass Staff " Shut up, we will tell you what the players want, players want another 6 months of grinding at least"

Devs... well thats not what they said..

Brass STaff.. "why you listening to them anyways.."

Be prepared for more rng, hes and daily grind junk..

Joy of it, well you guys be prepared, ill be looking for another game if they dare slap us in the face like that again. Of course they probably will remove this comment, which they shoudnt, they should pass on the playerbase huge frustation over the course of the last couple of modules instead and make sure its not falling on deaf ears.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Still trying to get my artifact belt and the right artifact weapon from this mod...I don't think I will ever get the belt but I'm gonna hate having to spend more time grinding for something else. Please, I really hope the new items are gettable other than just constant farming or paying crazy ad. I hate rng :(

Edit: I loved icewind dale! It was amazing, it added open pvp and some great new stuff and I had a good time there and still spend most of my time there. Also it didn't feel like grinding, the drop rates on BI gear was actually good (at first) and people could get the gear at a decent, not that annoying rate. It also added a few more ways to make ad and gold. I hope the new mod follows icewind in a few ways.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I see the pessimism can't start early enough can it... people ask for more content.... they get content... then complain about imaginary content they predict or complain that we shouldn't be progressing through the story so fast lol... make up you minds either you want more content or not... so tired of needless complaining here's a thought if you don't like the game content move on and play another game.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looking forward to the lore with the new Mod. Ya the grind sometimes can be really bad depending on how they do it. The trick for the game companies is to make the grind not seem like a grind. No matter how you slice it will be some kind of a grind to stuff. But the grind should have a definite endpoint you can get to. Like the books in ToD that you need for the last two boons. You can get them randomly or you can grind your soul away to get them. Hundreds of dragons to meet their deaths. It would be nice to have some variety in the boons more than what we have had.

I would like to see Foundries scale past 60...that if all are 60+ then it would scale to the average GS...10000 would be lvl 61, 12000 would be lvl 62, 14000 lvl 63, 16,000 lvl 64, or something like that. Just to give the Foundry content a little more challenge.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    I see the pessimism can't start early enough can it... people ask for more content.... they get content... then complain about imaginary content they predict or complain that we shouldn't be progressing through the story so fast lol... make up you minds either you want more content or not... so tired of needless complaining here's a thought if you don't like the game content move on and play another game.

Most people don't like dailies and everything is unrewarding. They want an experience similar to what CN brought us. CN #2 would keep people busy for a long time. The content we have now is content we kind of fly through but prolonged in a way that we don't really want to do it. A rewarding long and hard dungeon however would let people decide how much they want to do it and they can keep doing it when everything else has gone beyond stale.

A year ago content was harder since we had much less gear, and it was all rewarding. Now we have rare drops and overall it's less rewarding than still farming CN especially when everyone flies through the content. Plus a 15 min dungeon is pretty much a skirmish. In fact the skirmish is actually harder.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lets add perma-death to final battle with Tiamat. that should scare the whales of losing their precious 20k gs legendary geared egos. get back to rollin a lowbie yo

huh. not a bad idea, actually - though it will never happen, it's not how Cryptic has ever operated it's games. Don't know about a perma-death, but maybe some sort of penalty like -1 constitution per death. Then, you restore one lost point per invocation...
  • darkdraykendarkdrayken Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Reminds me of the tower customization in the Overlord game, sounds fun.

• berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did the mod 5 thread merge with this one?

Anyways, is this the release date maybe? http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/rise-tiamat
    edited September 2014
    isn't that too soon? less than 1 month away? on the other hand they tried to have Mod4 to be released at the same time for all their products, so it makes sense.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    isn't that too soon? less than 1 month away? on the other hand they tried to have Mod4 to be released at the same time for all their products, so it makes sense.

Recycle assets, introduce dailies. Make simple braindead heroic encounters and just gate the reward using RNG to replace intelligent design.
    edited September 2014
    Not counting ToD all other modules had at least new open maps. that alone takes time to create. not counting new assets needed for those new maps.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    This sums up the reason I'm kinda opposed to the whole ToD storyline in NW. It's way too early to be fighting someone like Tiamat.
    1. Tiamat is a goddess. Fer Real and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. This is a divine being we're fighting.
    2. NW runs on farmable content with an ever increasing RNG.
    3. This isn't the last module. The game just started.

If there is a Tiamat fight, you won't be fighting the goddess. Most likely you're be fighting her Aspect, in a last ditch effort to stop the Cult of the Dragon from actually bringing her back. If she takes the battle field, we're going to need far more than a few Paragon level heroes to stop her.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
This discussion has been closed.