test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hr piercing dmg

crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Anyone know if a fix is coming for this soon ? It seems hr can 1 hit rotation anyone if they use it will the red glyph even if you have 60k hp. Even without glyphs its very strong but seems like a bug.
Crixus - PVP GF
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by crixus8000 on

Comments

• magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Anyone know if a fix is coming for this soon ? It seems hr can 1 hit rotation anyone if they use it will the red glyph even if you have 60k hp. Even without glyphs its very strong but seems like a bug.

Sadly it's not even a bug , it's WAI :\

HR needs good melee damage. But it needs to be moved from unavoidable procs to encounters that one can dodge, block and mitigate.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    It's not the piecing damage which causes this, trust me.

It definitely takes me more than one rotation to kill anybody other than CW's and SW's which frankly is not something which should change unless CW's get more damage reductions since they tend to be able to eat me in one rotation too...

More likely that it is the Glyphs proc'ing along side other aspects complertely unrelated to the piercing damage. Glyphs, however...now those....that's some....nonsense...and will be included in my feedback for the week for sure.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    It's not the piecing damage which causes this, trust me.

It definitely takes me more than one rotation to kill anybody other than CW's and SW's which frankly is not something which should change unless CW's get more damage reductions since they tend to be able to eat me in one rotation too...

More likely that it is the Glyphs proc'ing along side other aspects complertely unrelated to the piercing damage. Glyphs, however...now those....that's some....nonsense...and will be included in my feedback for the week for sure.

i have a 12k hr without a wep enchant and im testing with my 19k gwf friend he has 36k hp and with just 1 red glyph i killed him about 4 seconds using just dot dmg, that's 2 at wills and 1 encounter and he was dead....

without a red glyph or weapon enchant i can use those 3 powers and get him to half hp, with all powers again 1 hit rotation and i have tested this with all classes, not many people can survive it so if im only 12k, imagine what a 17-19k hr can do.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    That is not a normal situation, I promise you.

Sounds more like your GWF friend is a bit on the lacking in HP or defensiveness. A trait I have found pretty common in M4 PvP GWF's.

Rapid Strike only hits for an estimated 561 - 667 damage with Purified Black Ice Axes on my HR. 40% bonus seems like a lot but it is only 224 - 267 damage based on the estimated values. Fox Shift will do 2,339 - 2,782 x2 which is 936 - 1,113 damage x2 damage which seems a lot more significant but at the same time that is a once in 15 second power and constitutes the large majority of Melee HR burst damage (which they are intended to be burst damage dealers)

I'll have to do a more in depth test...
    But it really does not add up to much at all in my experience.

The damage you are seeing is more than likely from larger amounts of ArP Stacking, low mitigation and of course the giant elephant in the room: glyphs. The piercing damage itself isn't much of a killer. It more or less bring the melee attacks (which are very low damage to begin with) in line with ranged options.
    edited September 2014
    Ok so I finally got a video with my friend (I'm the hr and he is the gwf) we thought it was time to show the dot power of the hr class.

Now once he inspects me, notice I have NO weapon enchant and AREN'T using red glyphs, plus I'm only 12k gs and he is 19k.

Here it is, and sorry about the quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpkfRQAt9Vg&list=UUBGsfqBwvTvNsJLzisVEN_A

So you can see I just used the 2 at will powers and 1 encounter for the dot dmg then just stood still. I also had more powers I could have used like fox shift and a few others in a fight but just wanted to show the crazy dot dmg. This can do 40k dmg at my 12k gs and no weapon enchant so imagine a high gs hr around 17-20k and then imagine if they had red glyphs...

Edit: Also remember in a fight I could just boar charge a player so to those who say its hard to land, you are wrong.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thats a problem with the glyphs itself. not the HR peircing damage.
    edited September 2014
    Thats a problem with the glyphs itself. not the HR peircing damage.

Glyphs just make it worse but its still OP. Check out my new post, it has a vid. My friend has over 40% dr with 36k hp and my 12k gs with no wep enchant or red glyphs killed him fast with just 2 at wills and 1 encounter. If thats not OP then not sure what is lol. Also i have done this to many other players during tests, it always does crazy dmg.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just saw the video. And I thats kind of expected as those combination of attacks were strong already. Its just a stack of dots.

You'd have to be standing completely still to get that inflicted on you. Rain of swords is difficult to aim, and Aimed strike is choreographed obviously.

I dont see all that much of a problem, cause the changes they made to HR as a whole just made HR's stronger overall. This is just one of the effects of it.

That is strongest from a pathfinder. Im about same gearscore as that person on my HR and me doing that doesnt grant that much damage because of the pathfinder at will. And that person does have a vastly large amount of armor penetration and power, which is probably additionally granting such high numbers.
    edited September 2014
    I just saw the video. And I thats kind of expected as those combination of attacks were strong already. Its just a stack of dots.

You'd have to be standing completely still to get that inflicted on you. Rain of swords is difficult to aim, and Aimed strike is choreographed obviously.

I dont see all that much of a problem, cause the changes they made to HR as a whole just made HR's stronger overall. This is just one of the effects of it.

That is strongest from a pathfinder. Im about same gearscore as that person on my HR and me doing that doesnt grant that much damage because of the pathfinder at will. And that person does have a vastly large amount of armor penetration and power, which is probably additionally granting such high numbers.

There is nothing anyone can say man...i could have just used boar charge to pin him down then do the rotation, plus melee classes will be 100% chance to hit anyway....

I get this rotation off on anyone since you can mark them from distance you only need to hit 2 powers. And even if you cant land them all on a ranged class is it fair that you can kill melee classes so easy ?
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for uploading the video crix, im making a hr now :D
  • enbeekayenbeekay Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Care to go into any more detail? Would have been a better video if it was taken from your PoV and not the GWF's. There are many free programs out there that would allow you to record a quick video.
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wonder if those 2 second Immunity that Exaltation gives would save him. I think it would just delay the dots action and he would die afterwards........

No way I could sustain/heal that damage on an ally.
    edited September 2014
    enbeekay wrote: »
    Care to go into any more detail? Would have been a better video if it was taken from your PoV and not the GWF's. There are many free programs out there that would allow you to record a quick video.

It was just to show the hr base dot dmg. I have no buffs other than my ioun stones extra stats. I have no wep enchant and no glyphs and was able to deal all that dmg. He has almost 37k hp with 40% dr and decent regen but i used just 3 powers to kill him. I don't play my hr much since i spend all my time on my gf but i do go around icewind a lot and play some dom and its alsways the same, i can kill people so easy. With my low gs i die fast of course but as combat path i find it quite easy to beat most gf and gwf players no matter there gs, only exception is if they are almost or maxed chars.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't trust the other guy. Trust me. It's Piercing Blades. Or rather, the way how varying degrees of undodgeable, unmitigatable damage sources including PB, was just presented to the HR classm that is the problem.

Red Dragon Glyph is merely a catalyst which magnifies something that was already a problem by itself, starting from mod3 and the addition of Careful Attack. Basically crixus nailed it on the head. He sees it.

In a game where defensive mechanics are generally weak and time-to-kill very short, any mechanic from any class that deals damage in the form of "unmitigated" or "undodgeable", or (heaven forbid) BOTH simply has no place in PvP.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PB is a plain 40% bonus damage to HR's powers , claimins that it can't be reduced or avoided is showing how poor understanding you have about how the power works, just go to dummie and hit with whatever you want then write both initial damage and PB one , then multiply the initial on by 0.4 and there you go the same pb displaying, which means whatever damage you deal ( mitigated one ) , pb will deal 40% of its value. Short story instead of reworking all powers and increase their damage by 40% they addes the same amount after every melee power which will always happen if the power succeeds and which is WHY the tooltip says it cannont be mitigated or dodged because it goes with what applied it as bonus , there are some fun facts :
    - if the initial power is dodged , no Piercing damage is applied
    - if the HR was gonna deal 10k damage to you with an encounter and you have 90% DR, he will deal 1k damage and pb damage will be 400

it does benefits a lot from glyphs but not as much as a GF or CW, the problem is people get themselves hit with aimed strikes on a full flurry procs and blames it on PB, which by the way, if you get hit by it then you are either using a bot for pvp or you are realy rolling your face accross the keyboard
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here we go again, guys? Really?
    First of all: HR is not a ranged class only!
    Gosh, give me an AD everytime I have heard this argument… I would be so rich. PVP HRs are ALL melee… because the other two paths suck big time in pvp.

Second: I give you 1m AD, if u manage to kill my 19k gwf in one time out of 10 fights with your "12k HR" (with out glyphs). You have to be the worst gwf ever if you are killed by a 12k HR, because the outstanding survability and the great burst of HRs are only scale very good at the very end of gear and skill.

Third: I have qouted Gentle himself in my previous posts. Search for it. PB dmg is not a bug, it is WAI. So DONT start threads with "Fix PB". But sounds so much better than "Nerf it", doesnt it?^^

So, with these facts in mind, we can talk about a reduction of the PB dmg in pvp. But in times, where GFs are perma immune to dmg and can nearly perma block, or can one rotate any pvp char with 40k+hp (yes the good ones like mouz or godmode can, not the crappy ones ofc), in times where CWs can one rotate you also with great control, and the good gwfs can nearly perma sprint with great burst dmg, in times where the really good TRs can kill nearly any class by utilizing DC artifact for double daily… in these times you should very carefully consider any heavy nerfs to an absolute essential feat of a class.
    HRs are dangerous, even if you pop perma immunity, perma block or whatever. I guess that was the whole purpose of that feat. As I said, we can talk constructive about some reduction to the dmg. But please argue with knowledge of the class and about pvp overall, and dont just blabber "nerf nerf nerf"
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As a 16k HR I destroy GWFs, I feel sorry for them, it's absolutely ridiculous. If the GWF is Destroyer, he might land lucky undeflected stun on me and then follow up with 15k+ IBS crit, but then he's dead, absolutely no chance for the GWF to fight or run. If he's Sentinel, he might live for longer, but my health wouldn't drop below 99%.

To make this fight fair, they need to:

1. Fix the bug (?), that makes deflection reduce stun duration by half (or 75% in case of TR).
    2. Remove/rework/nerf Piercing Blade.
    3. Fix Rain of Swords procing combat capstone with each tick of the dot it applies.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aderonz wrote: »
    - if the HR was gonna deal 10k damage to you with an encounter and you have 90% DR, he will deal 1k damage and pb damage will be 400

Do you even play HR? I do. If the initial power is dodged, Piercing damage is applied (Out of stealth ITC). If the HR was gonna deal 10k damage to you with an encounter and you have 90% DR, he will deal 1k damage and pb damage will be 4000.

Pls, don't post if you have no idea how those things work.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Do you even play HR? I do. If the initial power is dodged, Piercing damage is applied (Out of stealth ITC). If the HR was gonna deal 10k damage to you with an encounter and you have 90% DR, he will deal 1k damage and pb damage will be 4000.

Pls, don't post if you have no idea how those things work.

yep thats exacly how it works.
  • mulemulemule2mulemulemule2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It needs to be nerfed. I see 11k GS HR's bringing down lots of people with one rotation. You don't even need skill to do it
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aderonz wrote: »
    PB is a plain 40% bonus damage to HR's powers , claimins that it can't be reduced or avoided is showing how poor understanding you have about how the power works, just go to dummie and hit with whatever you want then write both initial damage and PB one , then multiply the initial on by 0.4 and there you go the same pb displaying, which means whatever damage you deal ( mitigated one ) , pb will deal 40% of its value. Short story instead of reworking all powers and increase their damage by 40% they addes the same amount after every melee power which will always happen if the power succeeds and which is WHY the tooltip says it cannont be mitigated or dodged because it goes with what applied it as bonus , there are some fun facts :

it does benefits a lot from glyphs but not as much as a GF or CW, the problem is people get themselves hit with aimed strikes on a full flurry procs and blames it on PB, which by the way, if you get hit by it then you are either using a bot for pvp or you are realy rolling your face accross the keyboard

dummies dont have DR and piercing deals full damage even to targets immune to damage (like that boss in 1st sharandar lair). it works on pre mitigation damage not after it
    Paladin Master Race
  • ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, HR melts faces atm.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
    edited September 2014
    This is not a nerf thread. Why does everytime someone point out an issue it has to mean they want it nerfed ?

I want it changed or fixed in some way to require more skill and not just do a move then get some popcorn and wait till the enemy dies.

I have made a thread about the gf and red glyhps, bug reports about KV giving perma daily and my main class is a gf, all i want is a balanced pvp game but with some people defending broken mechanics that will never happen.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    Rain of sword eh...

As I said it is NOT the piecing damage.

Rain of Swords procs flurry once per second (dot). The piecing damage is not the cause of the damage, it's flurry. Flurry causes your next at will to strike twice more for 65% bonus damage (which also adds 40% piecing damage). It is only supposed to be proc'ed once per melee encounter use (not damage) but rain of swords has it proc every time rain of swords' DoT deals damage.

This is something I reported day one but was told was WAI for some silly reason. If flurry only proc'ed once you wouldn't be doing near as much damage.

Additionally if you took off the glyphs...rain of swords does NOT do that much damage. The number of damage ticks is not caused by standard HR kits. Please don't blame feats and powers instead of items. You have additional effects from items causing additional and larger ticks than normal Hunter Rangers.

It's not the feats. It is the the rain of swords flurry procs and the glyphs and other gear causing those additional and large procs.

Truth be told the dead give away is how much damage occurs after you stopped attacking because rain of swords has pitifully low damage. Killing him from half health with rain of sword ticks is not because of feats and powers. It's gear.
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

This is my 12k hr testing against my 19k gwf friend. I have no wep enchant and not using glyphs.

You should record a real fight between you and your friend, and use ACT to track all the damage too, that would have much more weight...
  • enbeekayenbeekay Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was just to show the hr base dot dmg. I have no buffs other than my ioun stones extra stats. I have no wep enchant and no glyphs and was able to deal all that dmg. He has almost 37k hp with 40% dr and decent regen but i used just 3 powers to kill him. I don't play my hr much since i spend all my time on my gf but i do go around icewind a lot and play some dom and its alsways the same, i can kill people so easy. With my low gs i die fast of course but as combat path i find it quite easy to beat most gf and gwf players no matter there gs, only exception is if they are almost or maxed chars.

Yea I'm asking what it is particularly you're using? I play a SW and GF for PvE so all I'm hearing you say is "I have no enchants and glyphs and I press 3 buttons." What spec it is even.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Additionally if you took off the glyphs...rain of swords does NOT do that much damage. The number of damage ticks is not caused by standard HR kits. Please don't blame feats and powers instead of items. You have additional effects from items causing additional and larger ticks than normal Hunter Rangers.

It's not the feats. It is the the rain of swords flurry procs and the glyphs and other gear causing those additional and large procs.

What glyphs/other gear are you referring to?
    I don't see any glyphs on the character (ZERO). Are you referring to the 1 blue & 2 green artifacts (hot in active slot)?

You could do something similar to this in Mod 3 with Careful whatshallmecallit & GPF, but I don't recall it hitting anywhere near that hard.
    edited September 2014
    What glyphs/other gear are you referring to?
    I don't see any glyphs on the character (ZERO). Are you referring to the 1 blue & 2 green artifacts (hot in active slot)?

Didn't look at that.

Well then...get ACT and show where the damage is coming from.
    It's NOT from the Rain of Swords and Piecing Damage. There's other factors. Plain and simple.

ACT could show them clearly but if the damage I got off Rain of Swords and Piecing was half as good as that I would be the first to complain...as it is I could just as easily record a video with the same detail showing how much damage it does NOT do.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

This is my 12k hr testing against my 19k gwf friend. I have no wep enchant and not using glyphs.

Wow took him a total of 10 seconds(not counting Soulforged), not to mention that the GWF didn't fight back at all. Please explain to me how is this different than CWs melting in the same/less possible time?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • mulemulemule2mulemulemule2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is in need of a nerf. I know, I know we all hate the nerf word but the damage it does is insane. Juts run a pug and you will see HR's under 12k GS man-handling 19k GWF, TR, DC in a single rotation. The damage doesn't seem to be mitigated by anything. You don't even need to have good stats or gear on a combat HR at the moment. Just the ability to mash buttons.

You can say its glyphs but it isn't. Glyphs just multiply the problem.
This discussion has been closed.