What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rhix's Bargains: Sergeant Knox

13»

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    Oh looky, another event only for the rich, and in this case only for those who exploited hundreds of millions of AD across their accounts.

Lawl.

Well the last few events were;

1) Wonders of Gond

I posted a thread asking if anyone had managed to make a Doohicky by grinding but NOT a single person had managed it or even knew anyone who had. Same thing when I asked in all the game-channels I use and /Zone - not a single person knew anyone who had succeeded in this .

However if you were 'lucky' enough to have the AD (transferred into) ZEN you could make 100% profit just by buying and reselling Blueprints or making Doohickeys.

Oh, and the moment this event was announced all the required reagents were instant bought up and re-listed at 10 or more times the original price making things even worse for the legitimate players.

2) Trade-in Event for Mounts etc...

Again the moment this was announced 'lucky' people bought out the entire AH for all the relevant items. Hundreds of millions, if not billions, of AD worth of items literally bought out almost instantly.

3) Summer Festival

The moment it started 'lucky' rich players bought out all the Pig companions and re-listed them at 10 times the value (jumped from 40K to 400K).

4) Sergeant Knox Companion

Well what is going to happen has been dealt with above by many posters, so no need to go in any detail here.

Just for once, it would be nice to have a special event that wasn't seemingly specifically tailored for the 'luckiest' players only.

The underlying issue is that there are players with so much AD that they can manipulate the AH at will. So any event that produces actionable item or (far worse for legitimate players) requires items from the AH is going to get messed up really badly....
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My point is, only exploiters will mostly likely benefit from this.

Benefit? How? If they already exploited bajillions of AD, why do they care about "flipping" Sgt. Knox for a modest profit? Or even take the risk?

And more to the point, if I was looking to make more AD with my AD, why would I invest a large portion of it in a single, rare but very hard to move item, like this? Why wouldn't I continue to invest and move my AD through markets that churn much faster, like Enchantments or Wards.

If, by your guys assessment, the only people "rich" enough to buy Sgt. Knox are exploiters, then the actual market opportunity to sell Sgt. Knox (at a profit) to a non-exploiter who would value him as a part of his collection is miniscule, virtually non-existent.

Furthermore, if you ARE an exploiter, how do you actually advertise Sgt. Knox for sale without bringing a spotlight down on your operation. You don't think people are going to get reported for spamming "WTS Sgt. Knox go to www.sgtknoxforcash.com $1000!", or you don't think Cryptic is going to at least look at an account that lists Sgt. Knox back up on the AH for 100 million AD?

Again, I just can't see how the benefits outweigh the risks for anyone who isn't a very rich collector here.

It's a dumb move.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    Didnt know that knox's actually a half-orc.. SHOCKING!!

He has a good dentist :o
    I aim to misbehave
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Benefit? How? If they already exploited bajillions of AD, why do they care about "flipping" Sgt. Knox for a modest profit? Or even take the risk?

And more to the point, if I was looking to make more AD with my AD, why would I invest a large portion of it in a single, rare but very hard to move item, like this? Why wouldn't I continue to invest and move my AD through markets that churn much faster, like Enchantments or Wards.

If, by your guys assessment, the only people "rich" enough to buy Sgt. Knox are exploiters, then the actual market opportunity to sell Sgt. Knox (at a profit) to a non-exploiter who would value him as a part of his collection is miniscule, virtually non-existent.

Furthermore, if you ARE an exploiter, how do you actually advertise Sgt. Knox for sale without bringing a spotlight down on your operation. You don't think people are going to get reported for spamming "WTS Sgt. Knox go to www.sgtknoxforcash.com $1000!", or you don't think Cryptic is going to at least look at an account that lists Sgt. Knox back up on the AH for 100 million AD?

Again, I just can't see how the benefits outweigh the risks for anyone who isn't a very rich collector here.

It's a dumb move.

Exploiter =/= botter. Bots advertise the sites who may use exploits. Exploiters generally wouldn't. They're players that take any advantage that arises even if they shouldn't. They could want it for themselves or they could just stick it on ebay too which as a very limited item could sell for a lot, though probably against the rules and you'd need to be careful of charge backs.

Either way I personally find the event disappointing. It does nothing for 99.999% of the players and nothing for your average player or spender.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

It's a dumb move.

Again, you are making the false assumption that Sgt Knox will go up to 100mil. We don't know how much they will go for. What we do know is that exploiters have more disposable income to throw at it than a legit player.

Now to your point about advertising yourself as an exploiter and exposing yourself: ROFLMAO!
    Is this a joke? You do realize that there have been tons of images and threads going up showing these exploiters in their act and other ones which have them confessing and they still aren't banned. Lots of people have reported them yet they are still playing. You honestly think they are gonna get in trouble for participating in this event? You honestly think they are scared at this point? You have no idea what is going on behind this game. No clue at all.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You don't think Cryptic is going to at least look at an account that lists Sgt. Knox back up on the AH for 100 million AD?

It's a dumb move.

You clearly have no clue how PWE operates. This is not how it works around here.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    Oh looky, another event only for the rich, and in this case only for those who exploited hundreds of millions of AD across their accounts.

Lawl.
    +300 to def stat and a battle companion which is more like fashion item than something you would always use?

Oh well, I do appreciate that move to help the economy recover though.
  • mrdensitymrdensity Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So... I missed the tail end of the auction yesterday. The last I knew, Knox was going for anywhere from 3.3m AD to 30m AD. Does anyone have a screen capture or the totals for the 5 versions of the Knox companion that sold on the Auction House yesterday?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From NW reddit:
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 12,360,000 N/A
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 12,672,431 N/A
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 12,927,271 N/A
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 15,000,276 N/A
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 30,000,000 N/A
    I aim to misbehave
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So the plan of the person who set their max bit at 30m early on worked, and they never did get outbid. I guess that's cool.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia