test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon glyphs, ruining pvp.

Comments

• crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    In a way, it's actually worse, since a module 3 GWF actually had to hit you to kill you. A build that relies on passively reflecting damage to kill people is just degenerate gameplay. And they even made sure to boost it last patch.

Yeah true, it just requires you to hold in a button -.-

I hated gf in mod3 for how weak they where but i did great in pvp because i tried hard and really had to push it in games when fighting stronger chars. It was more challenging and fun but now with these glyphs most gf players use reflect and just stand still. really hope they get taken out the game.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »

I hated gf in mod3 for how weak they where but i did great in pvp because i tried hard and really had to push it in games when fighting stronger chars. It was more challenging and fun but now with these glyphs most gf players use reflect and just stand still. really hope they get taken out the game.

Please do try and remember that the glyphs are being utilised by all classes not just GF and not just by GF using the KV build. I ran 1 dom run and only one on my GF with a lesser red glyph to see what was up with the moan fest on the forums and in general zone chat. One pug group of players versus 1 group of well geared and skilled players (some on the top pages of the leader boards...just saying)....they lost and lost badly so instead of waiting it out all but 1 left early. One of the mages spammed me during the fight I don't know how many times yelling to take the glyph off and calling me just about every name in the book...I just shook my head.

Are the glyphs a major headache that seriously needs a second look or even a first one on how they react in pvp I agree they do however the likelyhood of them being outright removed from the game is slim to none and to be honest they shouldnt be period. But let me say I have read a few threads here regardng the glyphs and there's always someone if not multiple players always bring up KV build to have it completely nerfed/removed/thrown under the bus whatever....either missing the real underlying issue that the glyphs are the primary concern not any specific class build or abilities or just using the glyphs as a weak excuse to get the devs to swing the nerf bat at the wrong target...but whatever.
  • alyaakhalyaakh Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Broken and degenerate gameplay due to these things. Don't care much about their use in pve, but please disable for pvp, or at least change how they function.
    Простая Кавказская девушка я, Но все же прошу послушать меня, Скажу вам-довольно огня и войны, Ведь мы же Кавказцы-мы духом сильны!
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Crixus i have a question and you could be the man who could answer it. In one domination match i faced a GF who was able to literally cast Crescendo daily every rotation. His DPS were not high, but be got daily up at a speed i've never seen before. How did he do that?
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Pando, isn't that a side effect of the reworked Knight's Valour?
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Crixus i have a question and you could be the man who could answer it. In one domination match i faced a GF who was able to literally cast Crescendo daily every rotation. His DPS were not high, but be got daily up at a speed i've never seen before. How did he do that?

probably a tactician swordmaster, theres a few of them about.

Anyways the KV build is a problem. its funny if i go into GG with it on i just melt hte enemy team with little resistance. its the glyph's problem though, because it procs off our reflect it means anyone who attacks any other team member gets glyphs to the face, whilst the GF is safe behind their shield.

ALL the dragon glyphs should be changed, having actives is just too much. just give them % increase, like +5% healing recieved, crit severity etc.

But i have a feeling they will just put ICDs on them all.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited September 2014
    pando83 wrote: »

Its KV.

For some reason since the Knights valor change, any gf who uses it while its affecting teamates builds ap at there fastest rate possible by any char. Not sure if its from dmg team mates give or take but in domination a gf can have almost infinite daily's. Thats why with red dragon glyphs its even more OP. Being able to use supremacy of steel all the time is just crazy.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The AP gain on KV needs fixing fast.

The KV/glyphs/perma daily combo makes a GF basically immortal, not to mention he's buffing party, and dealing heavy reflect damage almost all time.

I posted about it myself before, build is not new.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's not AP from KV, it's AP from blocking. GFs have always had that much AP gain based on how much damage they block, but before they couldn't block for that long.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited September 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    It's not AP from KV, it's AP from blocking. GFs have always had that much AP gain based on how much damage they block, but before they couldn't block for that long.

Thanks for clarifying.

Wherever it comes from, it provides the GF with daily being up about 80-90% of the time. During the SOS daily, it's nowadays impossible to attack the GF because of Red Glyphs and heavy SOS damage combined.

Resulting in an almost invulnerable, yet still very damaging, still buffing the party GF.

Too much.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the info guys!
    edited September 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »

Sorry but i tested bro and i could walk in a line and in 5 seconds I would have full ap lol, no blocking needed. Also to some that might think this is not OP. People need to take steel defense into account, getting 5 seconds of immunity after using a daily power and getting perma daily's means an unkillable gf.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    These glyphs either need their duration halved or their ICD doubled, after that, they may be a bit less... Overpowered...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    Sorry but i tested bro and i could walk in a line and in 5 seconds I would have full ap lol, no blocking needed. Also to some that might think this is not OP. People need to take steel defense into account, getting 5 seconds of immunity after using a daily power and getting perma daily's means an unkillable gf.

You're this week's forum hero for complete honesty about your class.
  • handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong, not as in the loop as I'd like to be, but this issue is down to an ICD issue on the dragon glyphs, leading to imbalance arising through reflect effects, yes?

Would this also proc through either Fey Thistle and/or Briartwine enchantments since you're doing damage there as well?

(More of a theorycrafting question than anything I'm immediately planning to employ.)
    edited September 2014
    handofdonk wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, not as in the loop as I'd like to be, but this issue is down to an ICD issue on the dragon glyphs, leading to imbalance arising through reflect effects, yes?

Would this also proc through either Fey Thistle and/or Briartwine enchantments since you're doing damage there as well?

(More of a theorycrafting question than anything I'm immediately planning to employ.)

I haven't tested briartwine and fey thistle since I don't use either but even if the glyphs went on a cooldown it would only make them a little less useful, the way to fix them would be to have max proc once a second. Atm against classes with fast hits or dot dmg I have killed them in about 5 seconds. Testing against a warlock with there dot and using dreadtheft, I held my shield up and his 30k hp just melted away because i reflected back so much using sos + ga and the 400 dmg from only a lesser was doing about 4k per second from all dmg.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    handofdonk wrote: »

they dont, not even from dots like slam or deep gash in gwf case, dont know about other classes.
  • dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    need 1 tick per second
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll just say this: as soon as red dragon is nerfed, people will swap to the overload enchant that does 10k unresistable damage every minute (only once per minute, at least). No one is even mentioning that one right now because the dragon ones are more damaging at the moment.

Those I have not seen as drops or in the ah nor have I talked to anyone getting one. The most likely reason for this it was removed from the loot table to not drop and never made it to live from the preview server.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Those I have not seen as drops or in the ah nor have I talked to anyone getting one. The most likely reason for this it was removed from the loot table to not drop and never made it to live from the preview server.

Seriously? I thought those were still a thing that just wasn't as OP as dragon glyphs so they weren't flowing around.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can we please get some kind of confirmation that the devs are even looking at this when it has been reported for well over a few weeks now?

Why I ask? More and more of the same GF(KV, guarded Assault, and SoS) build with the incorporation of red glyphs melts people in seconds when it should not in the first place. A reflect build is not supposed to be high dps but very low dps and is only meant as a deterrent while waiting for teammates to help clear a node not some walking mirror of doom.

This is skill less spamming of holding shift and using dailies over and over without ever attacking(cept the odd aggravating strike) some times and yet is rewarded with kills, and there are some who even believe they are skilled for using it.

Please this needs a fix as doing 1200 damage on top of what is reflected each and every hit is absurd please add a 1 second ICD for Red Dragon Glyphs.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And what about this? 1 sec on pve and 2 sec on pvp but only for dmg the buff what we got from dragon glyphs can stay.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree with this, I played a match where no one on our team could attack any of our opposition because the glphs along with Knight's valor would eat our health down to zero (I have 36k hit points as a SW). Now me attacking someone else should not kill me, they need to fix this asap.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
    edited September 2014
    The thing is atm any team with a gf wins, the gf is unstoppable and can hold his guard up while killing everyone on the enemy team. Today in icewind, no joke I won a 9v1....I used iron warrior and kept my distance they was all hitting me and when they started to get low hp I moved towards them just executing the bodies.

Is it right that the gf will eventually be nerfed for an item in the game that has nothing to do with gf powers ? They should know when an item is OP and the time to remove it, or at least from pvp.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I dont know why this is so hard for them...

SOLUTION:

RED dragon Glyphs - 1 sec ICD

BLUE dragon glyphs - damage nerfed to 300/500 (lesser/greater)

BLACK dragon glyphs - no changes needed since damage is already capped at 3 stacks.

DONE.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yeah I dont know why this is so hard for them...

SOLUTION:

RED dragon Glyphs - 1 sec ICD

BLUE dragon glyphs - damage nerfed to 300/500 (lesser/greater)

BLACK dragon glyphs - no changes needed since damage is already capped at 3 stacks.

DONE.

i don't get why ppl think 1 sec icw will solve anything?

that's still a lot of dmg at 1 per sec, especially when it's guaranteed once it procs

they just need to be gone from PVP

along with overload slots, leave that **** for PVE
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    These glyphs are extremely common and very, very cheap. So cheap, I don't bother selling them. Get your own.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Gee... this makes me wonder about Fey Thistle... when Sharandar came out...

A lesser glyph runs you about 300 AD on the AH so it's not a massive investment of AD. You can combine with the Black Ice augments on the Black Ice gear too.

This isn't "ruining PvP". One must take losses as a win at learning what else one can do better next time.

You only LOSE when you don't have fun irregardless of your PvP standings. Enjoy your losses. Keep in mind there's always ways you can improve yur own skills.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited September 2014
    Gee... this makes me wonder about Fey Thistle... when Sharandar came out...

A lesser glyph runs you about 300 AD on the AH so it's not a massive investment of AD. You can combine with the Black Ice augments on the Black Ice gear too.

This isn't "ruining PvP". One must take losses as a win at learning what else one can do better next time.

You only LOSE when you don't have fun irregardless of your PvP standings. Enjoy your losses. Keep in mind there's always ways you can improve yur own skills.

What???

You think I cannot slot Reds myself lol? Everybody can.

You're making no sense. People that used to lose, continue to lose. People that almost never lose, still don't.

The Reds (and Greens, and Blues - even now, and Blacks probably) are BROKEN. And OP.

REMOVE ALL. They no longer even serve a purpose as AD sink.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the overload enchants and I don't want them to change.

Actually that's not entirely correct. I wish they had an 8 hour timer on them like the ones you can get from the black ice profession. 2 hours means I go through about 2 to 3 of them a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.