test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon glyphs, ruining pvp.

Comments

• osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This game doesnt care about balance, at all.
    The only goal for the company PWE is to maintain tue cashflow. Attract new players, let them spend real money on items they believe they need in an endgame. Then players realize after a couple of weeks or months, neverwinter has no real balanced endgame.
    Thats the reason why guilds are falling apart in the course of months. Guilds are filled with huge graveyards of players who lost interest in this game for the obvious reasons.

Here is a table for priority of devs work:
    - rush releasing new modules to attract new players
    - create ZEN items
    - create some cool but short time events, you have to either grind the hell out of it or, guess what, spend ZEN
    - …
    - …
    - live streams
    - silly live stream events
    - keep forums clean to maintain the impression of a clean game
    - …
    - endgame content
    - balance

A very close friend of mine works for a company much bigger than PWE. Nexon, they were the first ones who invented the free to play model.
    Its the common buisness strategy to attract many players at first, keep them busy and interested midway, and just not care about endgame, because endgame needs challange, challange needs balance, and balance needs testing, and testing and fixing costs alot of money.
    Its a calculated gamble: its more profitable not to invest any ressources for true endgame and loose players eventually than to invest the money to keep players stay at the game.

With all that beeing said: guys! Give up hoping on rewarding endgame or balanced pvp in NWO.
    Treat this game like the devs do: super casual. Sad but the simple truth.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    on point...

in b4 moderated post
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Man 3 games in a row today, the enemy gf was using red glyphs....

I noticed that a lot of top leaderboard gf use them with the KV reflect setup....really sad and shows how OP it is because i bet not many of them would be so high otherwise. And the thing that annoys me most is that so many think there build is skillful, anyone can stand still and hold a button in, it takes no skill.

I wonder exactly when they will be fully fixed because i want to get back to pvp xD
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Man 3 games in a row today, the enemy gf was using red glyphs....

I noticed that a lot of top leaderboard gf use them with the KV reflect setup....really sad and shows how OP it is because i bet not many of them would be so high otherwise. And the thing that annoys me most is that so many think there build is skillful, anyone can stand still and hold a button in, it takes no skill.

I wonder exactly when they will be fully fixed because i want to get back to pvp xD

Yea, I think I never would say this, but I prefer to play PvP with my GF on MoD 3, rather than on MoD 4, so dam broken, instakill, faceroll stomps from CWs, HRs and GFs, and those dam glyphs, arghhh, everyone complains about unmitigable damage and they give that to all the classes, :(.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yea, I think I never would say this, but I prefer to play PvP with my GF on MoD 3, rather than on MoD 4, so dam broken, instakill, faceroll stomps from CWs, HRs and GFs, and those dam glyphs, arghhh, everyone complains about unmitigable damage and they give that to all the classes, :(.

Its really sad but true, PVP is worse than ever right now and primarily due to glyphs. Dont get me wrong, class balance is pretty big issue too, but mainly glyphs are the issue IMO.

Every module pvp has gotten worse and worse.... A

Matchmaking is a MASSIVE flop, leaderboards/ELO are a hindrance to pvp, glyphs such out ANY and ALL the fun of mod 4.

I dont get why it takes this long to change glyphs?
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Its really sad but true, PVP is worse than ever right now and primarily due to glyphs. Dont get me wrong, class balance is pretty big issue too, but mainly glyphs are the issue IMO.

Every module pvp has gotten worse and worse.... A

Matchmaking is a MASSIVE flop, leaderboards/ELO are a hindrance to pvp, glyphs such out ANY and ALL the fun of mod 4.

I dont get why it takes this long to change glyphs?

Honestly Ill be happy if they do away with the offensive element of the Glyphs and only keep the Stat boost. Maybe they can make them last 3 hours with 25% chance to boost any Stat by 800 for 20 seconds once every minute. There you go. So they become more or less balanced with BI enchants which last much longer but boost you for less time.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited September 2014
    I can settle with class imbalance, i did in mod 3 when our shield was made out of glass and our sword out of plastic but i tried hard in pvp and did good. Now we have buffs and can equal most other classes, great.....but now glyphs make the gf a joke and the class would be fine i think if the stupid glyphs just got removed.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I can settle with class imbalance, i did in mod 3 when our shield was made out of glass and our sword out of plastic but i tried hard in pvp and did good. Now we have buffs and can equal most other classes, great.....but now glyphs make the gf a joke and the class would be fine i think if the stupid glyphs just got removed.

Yeah the ONLY thing that glyphs do help atm is DC/TRs who spec for glyphs can now actually do good damage. remove glyphs removes that.

However I agree. Glyphs are the biggest issue in the game right now and the reason I havnt logged in a few days.
    edited September 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yeah the ONLY thing that glyphs do help atm is DC/TRs who spec for glyphs can now actually do good damage. remove glyphs removes that.

However I agree. Glyphs are the biggest issue in the game right now and the reason I havnt logged in a few days.

yes but rogues and clerics are getting changes worked on now anyway and although glyphs help them , it helps other classes more and all classes would be better off without them i think.

And yeah me too, i log in and maybe farm for 1 hour for rp points but that's it, i cant pvp and im sick of grinding for belt.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sco77y001sco77y001 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh dear. PVP flatline in module 4.All battles involve alomost no actual pvp. Its either a landslide win/loss. 5 legendary artifacts and Dragon glyphs making a gs touching (or indeed over) 20k means that almost no newly level 60 character can enjoy anything about pvp atm except the lovely view from the respawn point. I personally would hate to see the entire game revolve around pvp (being that theres only 2 maps still thats unlikely) but part of being an "expanding" community would surely involve attracting new players whether their focus be pve or pvp? And, while i'm not sure that standing around for 10-15 minutes to kill a dragon (5 times over) and a 15 minute dungeon has helped the pve side, i'm certain that as a gaming community most agree that the changes to pvp have been disastrous to the point of comedy...
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited September 2014
    Said it before, and I'll say it again. PvP is WAI. You guys asked / begged for 'fixes' to PvP. And there were some. You wanted 'equality'. Everyone can slot a glyph, and boom. Equality achieved.

Enjoy :)
    edited September 2014
    Said it before, and I'll say it again. PvP is WAI. You guys asked / begged for 'fixes' to PvP. And there were some. You wanted 'equality'. Everyone can slot a glyph, and boom. Equality achieved.

Wow you must be an intellectual because your logic is astounding.
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited September 2014
    Nah. I just feel that PvP players are being given exactly the level of support that they deserve :)

Note: We need *more* non dodge-able, unmitigatable damage items.

Also, I believe we need a new class of items. Artifact weapons and belts are ok, but... They're now much too common. Introduce a new 'better than yours' artifact weapon and belt that has a glyph slot. Belts too. Brand spanking new, green items, that PvPers can grind on to raise to Legendary.

The special glyphs for these should only be available in lockboxes requiring a new 3rd type of zen key.

Once a given percentage of players have the new items boosted to legendary, introduce a version of the weapons / belts, with some other 'must have' feature.

Rinse, repeat.

• benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's always a breath of fresh air to see PVE whiners trolling PVP threads and making suggestions to actively try and make the game worse...
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I did a match with a 13k HR using the red glyph, had the highest score with 8.3k points and lost count of how many kills and most of other team was 16k+ GS this is crazy, lol.
    I don't mind it being nerfed though, I rather not use it in pvp if others weren't using it, matches quickly become too costly if this becomes standard.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mancrush says there's a fix coming for the glyphs. He says he already fixed them internally to be able mitigate, dodged,deflected etc etc etc. I'm of the opinion that even with that fix they need to be removed from pvp. As some others have already stated. There's already more then enough damage without glyphs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Keep it constructive and conducive to a discussion or don't post. Already had to remove a bunch of bickering and accusatory posts here and I'd really not like to have to do so again.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    I wonder how the glyphs would look if they were changed to only be slotable in weapon enhancement slots...

Holy...... We have a winner!

Please do this devs :)
  • mafesiomafesio Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    get rid of the glyphs
  • dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    leillanna wrote: »
    Mancrush says there's a fix coming for the glyphs. He says he already fixed them internally to be able mitigate, dodged,deflected etc etc etc. I'm of the opinion that even with that fix they need to be removed from pvp. As some others have already stated. There's already more then enough damage without glyphs.

I agree with all of this.
  • zildan7905zildan7905 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    some people are very quick to rise up and defend against player bashing when its are that some players (um, same people? oh look! Its political lol) must use these methods of cheating (da glpyhs) almost as-if to hide behind them, as-if it was the only way they knew how to eek out a pithy win. Very sad :( You almost need to go 90 pages down the PVP Leaderboard just to see who isn't using glyphs. Those are the real winners. FACT
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    zildan7905 wrote: »
    some people are very quick to rise up and defend against player bashing when its are that some players (um, same people? oh look! Its political lol) must use these methods of cheating (da glpyhs) almost as-if to hide behind them, as-if it was the only way they knew how to eek out a pithy win. Very sad :( You almost need to go 90 pages down the PVP Leaderboard just to see who isn't using glyphs. Those are the real winners. FACT

This is war madafacker.

Anything goes.

It's like you go to your enemy and tell them not to use their best warfare.

lol ok
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can also use glyphs?
    I'm a TR and I don't mind seeing other class use Glyphs :D
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o