What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Riches tab full

Comments

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmmm. That does stink if that is the only way to spend them once you complete the ToD campaign. I am only about 33% done (moving slowly).

Is there nothing else to spend the Dragon Hoard Coins on? Experts?
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thank you :D
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, the best way to get rid of them is just to make the lesser dragon's hoard enchants - take 75 coins each and you can make eight or nine per week - that's over 600 coins per week.

Those enchants are also really profitable...it's a win-win.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    How about those zone seals and T1 seals that I've had in my inventory since Module 1 that I am absolutely not allowed to get rid of yet I don't have enough to actually buy anything?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    How about those zone seals and T1 seals that I've had in my inventory since Module 1 that I am absolutely not allowed to get rid of yet I don't have enough to actually buy anything?

Yep. That's what some can't seem to get. Perfectly spendable, yet I've got 12 lousy pennies taking up my whole front left pocket because I am not allowed to put nickels in there. (And I don't want to play penny ante poker anymore!) Sorry, but those pennies go in the fountain. Luckily reality's rules aren't as tight as those of the masters of this game.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same inventory issue here ... full of hoard coins. Best solution imo is to make them valuable like sharandar's gold crescent - buy some boost potion vs dragons or cultist and est.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is this listed as a Known Issue somewhere? Or would they say so at the start
    of this thread once they noticed us?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    merlin29678merlin29678 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They just need to make 'em stack in 1000's like dread ring scrolls
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well two mods (at least) posted to it, and I know at least one of them forwards issues. So it is known. What, if anything, will be done about it is an Unknown.

Again, it is not bothering me in the least. I just cannot get around the wrongness of it.

It is MY pocket. I should be allowed to decide what goes (or stays) in it.
    If there is something worthwhile to spend it on, great. (Something that does not require me to spend OTHER currencies that I am not in such a hurry to part with, thank you.)

If not, I should be permitted to throw it in the fountain and make yet another wish that will never come true.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm just glad the summer event is finally ending, I cleared out 6 stacks of flowers to make room for even MORE coins.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would just push the solution for a bit later, even with 1000 stacks they will still eventually overflow the bag. And there should be a way to spend/use/discard dread ring scrolls as well.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dragon hoard cancer is a problem as well as vanguard scrips, yet I haven't seen any dev's post promising any solution in future.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can use over 600 coins per week on the Lesser Dragon Hoard enchants - and that is even profitable - they sell for more than they cost to make (or you can use them yourself).

Having the option to stack them to 9999 or just to be able to buy potions like in Sharandar would be great. Same applies to Dread Ring - I actually think there is a bug there - it does not make any sense to be able to use Sharandar tokens instead of Dread Ring tokens to buy potions there.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    armitchellarmitchell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Changing the stack limitations on any currency has to do with coding limitations. Once a stack reaches a number set within it's module, it can no longer stack more. Changing this number to 999 would improve this if it has been coded to allow 3 varchars, if they allow 4 varchars we could stack them to 9999. As others have stated already this would only allow more hoarding of coins until we filled up. There is a Dragon Hoard Coin vendor in PE already, so adding a few Potions like the Sharandar vendor would be 1 solution where we could at least spend them to heal ourselves through this damage intensive Mod4.

With all of the bugs we report on a daily basis, you have to give them time to respond. It takes some time to read through code and figure out where some issues are before coming up with a solution. With Programming it could be as simple as a extra character like spacbar or parenthesis in wrong place can cause issues. Trust that they will do something about it, also trust that what ever they do has to benefit them financially or as a business it would not be worth doing.
    xpaija.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A lot of items stack to 100, currency in particular, which means the only thing preventing them from stacking to 999 instead is a design choice, not a hardcoding issue.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    You can use over 600 coins per week on the Lesser Dragon Hoard enchants - and that is even profitable - they sell for more than they cost to make (or you can use them yourself).

finally some reason in all this madness!
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ^ With so few book drops, you're saying we should forget about ever getting the boons ?
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    THe price on those will soon drop, and we can't advance the campaign if we're spending everything trying to get rid of those coins.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    daggon87 wrote: »
    ^ With so few book drops, you're saying we should forget about ever getting the boons ?

young apprentice, you are doing it the wrong way, but is not your fault is just how this game is (bad tooltips or rather the lack of them in this case). Arcane keys can be used only when the loot in the arcane chest is good for you and not every time you are opening one, if you dont like the loot just hit decline (key will not get used) and do the dungeon again till you get something that you want!
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    young apprentice, you are doing it the wrong way, but is not your fault is just how this game is (bad tooltips or rather the lack of them in this case). Arcane keys can be used only when the loot in the arcane chest is good for you and not every time you are opening one, if you dont like the loot just hit decline (key will not get used) and do the dungeon again till you get something that you want!

That felt slightly condescending but I'm not that often called young anymore, so I'll take it. Thanks for the tip.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    armitchell wrote: »
    Changing this number to 999 would improve this if it has been coded to allow 3 varchars, if they allow 4 varchars we could stack them to 9999.

I know this game has a lot of bugs, but I doubt the programmers are that bad.
    Even if you're that hard up for bits 2^(3*8) = 16777216. (And we know from Caturday that they're not unaware of numeric types!)
  • Options
    drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2014
    From another thread :

"current state blocks me from farming dragons cause if i do (over 2300 coins) i won't be able to collect daily quests. "

Then, by all means, leave it like that !
    Then, perhaps, we can have a dragon zone where you don't get wall spammed by timers beggers, and where you are not 25 people on the zone, blasting Charthraxis back to his grave in less thant 20 seconds.
    Waiting 20 minutes to get to a lagfest of 20 seconds is really not fun.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited September 2014
    @armitchell
    Unless you actually know what is there (as in you work there), all of it is silly asumption.
    The same way I can say changing a varchar from 3 to 4 chars is easy to update, cause no data gets truncated. But it doesn't even make sense. It's probably numeric anyway, who in their right mind would use string types to stack an amount. Not sure why you feel the need to make up excuses.
  • Options
    jkr1269jkr1269 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Me and several other i know can no longer collect any rewards that give riches so we are stuck almost not being able to play. At worst let us delete the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we don't want. Please seriously look at this..It is a major problem to many players.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll cosign that.
  • Options
    shyataoshyatao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree with the previous speakers, the dragonhoard coins you can't get rid of are a huge problem.

Even if investing in several campaign parts, they pile up without end.
    The currency bag feels more and more like a trashcan, cause all those coins u can't get rid of, pile up and there is now way to clean it out.

Please change something about this fast!!!

That's why I also want to suggest some possibilities:

1. Give the Players the possibility to discard the dragonhoard coins.
    2. Make it so, those coins stack higher with a limit of 999 per stack - It was implemented for other currencies too, so why not here?
    3. Implement a possibility to exchange the dragonhoard coins for blue items or such gear bags - so everybody can sell those for gold at least and one could get rid of em that way.
    Implement some other useful way to sell em - the sharandar currency we are able to change for potions - so why not also something like that for the dragonhoard coins?

To be able to continue killing dragons, so everybody has a chance of getting the belts, it's absolutely necessary that players can either discard the coins or sell them without useless spending of Astral Diamonds.

Please do something about this.
    I can only signalize it insistently as a player who loves to play this game.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As stated, about to be out of options soon for currency.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In a week you COULD use up 225 coins/day (or 1575 /week) as well as 84 Cult secrets, 84 Dragon Sigils, 126 Gold, 420k AD doing 3/day (each takes only 8 hrs) and they do 25,920 RP - just like Fey Blessing Enchants (Cheaper than a Blood Ruby or 3 unless you're buying from Gold Spammers).
    adinosii wrote: »

Having the option to stack them to 9999 or just to be able to buy potions like in Sharandar would be great. Same applies to Dread Ring - I actually think there is a bug there - it does not make any sense to be able to use Sharandar tokens instead of Dread Ring tokens to buy potions there.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Good Grief do I feel your pain! I thought the Vanguard Scripts were bad!?!? These coins take the cake.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead