test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Riches tab full

godofallodsgodofallods Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have so many dragonhoard coins and I cant get rid of them!, you cant discard them nor can you sell them. this is a real problem not just for me but also for the people who play Neverwinter.

I have over 2000 (still no belt) coins and the only way I can get rid of them is buying dragon forged steel, but that would be a waste of gold and AD. It would mean spending 450 gold and 225000 Astral Diamonds NO THANKS. I have also forced myself to stop farming the dragons because my currencies bag is already half full of the dragonhoard coins.

I have some ideas of how the developers could resolve this problem.

1. allow players to discard dragonhoard coins

2. create a dragonhoard coin store, where only Dragonhoard coins are used.

3. reduce the amount of dragonhoard coins received from the daily quests and killing the dragons.

feel free to add any other ideas.
Post edited by godofallods on

Comments

• Options
    xianclinnxianclinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some kind of currency exchange system would help. My vote is for Astral Diamonds. I know, I know, "But people will farm Dragons all day long!"
    They don't do that right now?
  • Options
    charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well eventually, you put them in the task for the Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantment to use them as refinement points ala the fey blessing ones from sharandar, I'm quite looking forward to it plus the double rp weekend.
  • Options
    xianclinnxianclinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charmagma wrote: »
    Well eventually, you put them in the task for the Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantment to use them as refinement points ala the fey blessing ones from sharandar, I'm quite looking forward to it plus the double rp weekend.

Good point and thank you for the information. I have been here since launch and in beta. But I also quit a few weeks after launch.
    Never even got a level 60. Certainly did not give te game a fair shake, but I love it now.

So this information helps a lot.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Earlier the games producer told us they have plans to help us deal with this issue but it sounds like it isn't coming for two or three weeks.
    Here is what he said -
    panderus wrote: »
    We have some plans in the works to address the hoard of dragon coins and similar issues. Keep an eye on future patch notes!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?742751-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-20140820a-2&p=8827551&viewfull=1#post8827551
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    3. reduce the amount of dragonhoard coins received from the daily quests and killing the dragons.

Absoloutely not. It's not my fault you farm multiple dragons over and over every day.

Dragon hoard enchants need 4 sigils (probably 2 zones worth when whispering is unlocked), 4 scrolls (2 zones worth) and 75 dragon coins (you get 45 from the first 3 zones so this is a limiting factor). I actually want to be able to make greaters and I find the price already too high.

However undiscardable currency with limited space is a silly design flaw. Stacks should be upped since there are things that cost a lot of coins and the limited space is kind of silly, a store would be nice, and they should be discardable of course as should any currency.
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Earlier the games producer told us they have plans to help us deal with this issue but it sounds like it isn't coming for two or three weeks.
    Not sure what's so hard about tagging it as discardable as a short term fix. 5 seconds work and it will help some people a lot. Oh well, with 8 toons I'm too busy with them all to face this flaw that again they're not going to fix as soon as it should.
  • Options
    stojcastojca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I actualy got riches tab full with items that cant be sold nor discarded (dragon coins mostly).
    Now I can't loot any chests not campain stuff that goes into riches tab, says "inventory full".

With enormous dragon coins farming I guess soon all will have that problem and this is not minor bug, this is really the game breaker one.

Don't even want to start asking how that one slipped and why there is non-discardable stuff in there.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It didn't really slip.. people have had similar issues since day one. It is beyond me why they let it go on.

All I can say is that I am glad not to be driven by the things you guys are farming these for. I just want the boons and I'm done. As a result this isn't even an issue for me.

Edit- Might sound like I am razzing you, but I'm not. I am actually in your corner on this, even if it doesn't impact me.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep I got the same issue about a week ago so I had no choice but to buy the Dragon forged steel ( or whatever its called) from the campaign store , believe it or not people were buying it for 8k ad each but the price has fallen to about 5.8k each before I logged off today , the games producer said they have some fix planned but didn't say for when.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Didn't slip by -- was reported on preview server A WEEK before module 4 was released -- just like many, many bugs are reported and yet released as usual. Has happened with every single module release (including beta to live).
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I had a thread made day one where I couldn't turn in quests because my inventory was full when it wasn't; I didn't even think to look at my riches tab. Truth is this really isn't a bug though but I am going to bring it up to the CM's again. I am finding myself clearing my riches tab constantly due to all the various riches and to a lesser extent a sever lack of desire to spend my riches to buy anything.
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please!
    If any moderator/developer really read these bug reports here goes a sugestion.

Put someone or some place in town where we can get rid/destroy those not seall/not drop treasures. Yes, I was killing dragons to try to get good drops, and it's not fair to say that I need to stop it now because of those treasures stucked I my inventoy. It also means that soon I'll need to stop playing because I wont be able to get anything else.

People do quest for XP overflow too, that means Shrandar and Dread Spire things also stucked.

We need a solution for that, or the players will stop sometime.
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Anyway ... we all need just one single reason (and I don't even say GOOD reason) why ANY item in the game needs to be tagged "Cannot discard" ...

If I don't need it I have to discard it.
    If I am stupid enough to discard it by mistake - all bad to good : I'll OPEN my eyes better next time.
    And so on ...

P.S. and btw the "discard" button is way too CLOSE to the "refine" button on the ONLY things that can use a "Cannot discard" tag - the artifact belts and weapons (Imagine discarding a lvl 60 one :) )

P.S. #2 - go buy dragon forged steel with those dragon coins and sell it for ad
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    There actually are good reasons.

Why can't GG Claims or whatever they are be discarded? Because people would find them in their inventory and not know what they are and discard them thus making them unable to do the later content. It was a large issue the first few weeks that GG was released.

Why can't you discard currency? Ideally it is a currency and you should not want to discard it. While you may want to discard certain currencies I am sure there are plenty of others ones in there that you would scream bloody murder about if you discarded.

In short you are arguing the wrong side of the equation. It doesn't make any sense to argue that you want to discard currencies, you should be arguing that you want a reason to spend the currencies. Refinement stones or something of the same caliper would offer a great reason to use currencies instead of wanting to discard them.

I would say there is no good reason that any currency should want to be discarded. If you do the problem is the desire to discard them and not the fact you can't. Don't blame the effect, blame the cause.

My ideal solution to this, since putting items into shops requires a fair chunk of balancing considerations, is to simply increase the maximum stack size to 999. I have 6 stacks of Drake Seals alone. If all of these currencies went to 999 as a maximum stack the amount of slots used would be reduced to at least half if not a quarter of what it already is. I really don't need more slots in my currency bag but rather less chances of multiple stacks of the same item.
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Not my intent to argue.
    Currency should not be discarded - agreed. May I ask why there are some currencies that can be discarded and some that can't ? (if I may I will ask it later).
    If people find something in the inventory and don't know what that thing is for that means that the thing is not properly done (tooltip or description should tell the player what is all about with one item). We can't keep everything in the inventory just because at some point it will be useful.
    And in the end if I want to discard something that belongs to me why wouldn't I ?
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you shouldnt be forced to keep things on you permanent
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ambisinisterr,

That's makes no sense. If I destroy anything that could be usefull, my fault! I did it already and had to run after the object again.
    Not leting me discard something I WANT to discard saying that is because players could do that by mistake is wrong.

*Read what the NPCs say
    *Read the Tool Tips
    *Still in doubt? Too long, didnt read? Do as I did a lot of times, ask to players! Ask in Zone Channel, I got help dozens of times!
    *Still doing wrong? Sorry, hit the head on the wall and go collect the stuff again.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I want to be able to discard whatever. There are only three justifications for why I couldn't.
    1. It is a cursed item. I need to go see a (real) cleric.
    2. It is a very powerful artifact and has bound itself to my eternal soul, and only some ultra epic quest to see the king of the potato people can rid me of it.
    And,
    3. It is a necessary item for the quest I am on. It will be consumed at quest completion, or when its own timer expires. (Like GG Claims.)
    That is it.

Yes, I get that the root of this particular problem (Scrip, these draco thingies...) is that there should be something to spend them on. So that should be fixed too. But I shouldn't HAVE to go shopping if I don't want to, and I shouldn't have to explain myself about it.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • Options
    tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Among other useless stuff I have thousands of Vanguard Scripts (from skirmishes) that -afaik- I can't do anything with them. As neither I cant discard/sell them they are fulling my inventory. Now I don't do any skirmishes more because of that. I hope the devs take note of this serious situation because sooner of later everybody ends up full of unnecessary stuff. Thank you.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why can't you discard currency? Ideally it is a currency and you should not want to discard it. While you may want to discard certain currencies I am sure there are plenty of others ones in there that you would scream bloody murder about if you discarded.

Oh? You mean like the bunch of Fireblossom Petals that I had in my currency tab that Cryptic/PWE decided to delete for me, making hours of my time grinding last year completely worthless?

Yep. If we stole currency from someone elses account we'd be prosecuted but it's okay for them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Oh? You mean like the bunch of Fireblossom Petals that I had in my currency tab that Cryptic/PWE decided to delete for me, making hours of my time grinding last year completely worthless?

Yep. If we stole currency from someone elses account we'd be prosecuted but it's okay for them.

Which is another really weird thing- They deleted yours. And it seems that you care that they did. They did NOT delete mine, and I WISH that they did. I don't have enough to do anything with, and I dislike everything about the event, so will never ever do it.

And yet I have to run around with these withered, crumbly flower petals in my pack??? LOL
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Which is another really weird thing- They deleted yours. And it seems that you care that they did. They did NOT delete mine, and I WISH that they did. I don't have enough to do anything with, and I dislike everything about the event, so will never ever do it.

And yet I have to run around with these withered, crumbly flower petals in my pack??? LOL

Mine are buried with my dead character. His grave is smelling really nice this time of year.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Mine are buried with my dead character. His grave is smelling really nice this time of year.

Hahaha! Well I guess the petals are ok.. They cover up the smell from that chunk of cheese I forgot about in there!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why can't you discard currency? Ideally it is a currency and you should not want to discard it.

Fair point, though I should be able to spend it.

Dwarf Gold is made of gold, is it not? It's valuable in its own right. Same goes for any precious metal. In my dresser drawer I have an English hammered silver penny from Henry III; it's very hard to find one on the market where the edges don't show signs of deliberate clipping. It's also why most of our coinage still have knurled edges, even though we haven't used silver since 1965. Precious metals are valuable in their own right.

There really is no excuse for this and it's time to call on the devs once again to address it. I've been all but shouting about the Vanguard Scrip issue for months. Currency has value in and of itself and we should at least be able to spend it. Vanguard scrip, like the dollar post-1972, is a fiat currency and has value even without the value of a base metal. We should be able to spend it without having to spend AD, gold, or anything else -- otherwise it isn't currency!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just make these currencies stack up to 1000, easy to do and solve most problems :)
    If not, we need something like potions, cosmetic items, that we can buy for coins/scripts/etc.
    Then we can discard it ;D
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    izwor wrote: »
    Just make these currencies stack up to 1000, easy to do and solve most problems :)
    If not, we need something like potions, cosmetic items, that we can buy for coins/scripts/etc.
    Then we can discard it ;D
    Stacking to 1000 would just delay filling the bags we need either a vendor that sells something for these coins alone, or the ability to discard them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Stacking to 1000 would just delay filling the bags we need either a vendor that sells something for these coins alone, or the ability to discard them.

Yup.. It's MY bag. No one is entitled to allot its space except for myself. Plain and simple. Please fix it, it is broken.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »

What he said. Delaying the inevitable is not an answer.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Actually, delaying is exactly what we need as I said on page one.

We need items of worth added to all of the currency shops but such decisions will take time. For right now increasing the currency limit to 999 would give us enough space untilbthey add worthwhile items to buy with the various currencies.

Wanting to discard is a problem, not a solution. Sorry but that is not debatable no matter how much you want to say "I want to do whatever I want." Saying discarding is the solution is ignoring the cause: nothing to buy.
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There actually are good reasons.

Why can't GG Claims or whatever they are be discarded? Because people would find them in their inventory and not know what they are and discard them thus making them unable to do the later content. It was a large issue the first few weeks that GG was released.

That's fine, but if something cannot be discarded then they need to not take up inventory space. All currencies should be made into numbers, like astral diamonds, with no limit.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Wanting to discard is a problem, not a solution. Sorry but that is not debatable no matter how much you want to say "I want to do whatever I want." Saying discarding is the solution is ignoring the cause: nothing to buy.

Guess we will have to disagree. In real life I pay taxes because jackbooted thugs will shoot me if I don't. I have to wear certain dress whenever I go to the office, because if I don't I might find myself unemployed and unable to pay PWE . ( ;) )

I have to mess up my motorcycle's look with a numbered plate, because jackbooted thugs will impound it if I don't.

I come here to get away from that sort of thing. Guess I fail.

I really do not understand why you have such a problem with me wanting to manage my own assets and storage space, but..
    They are not going to change on my request anyway, so what do I care?

LOL

Oh, and btw- who are you to tell everyone what is debatable? Everything is debatable. Unless you happen to be one of the above-mentioned jackbooted thugs- and I think you aren't.