test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wondrous bazaar price reductions coming this Thursday ( probably ) xD

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Yippee! so lovely Wylandar Ilmarin has finally caved in and decided to reduce some of her crazy high prices <3
Mount training is now 600k and 1.4 million respectively so I think my Shadow wolf will be going 110% and also the armor transmutes are now massively reduced .
These changes will hopefully be coming to live with this weeks patch .

ZKKuHqZ.png
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Is it Thursday yet? No? Mother Mystryl! Dang it, my chronomancy spells still aren't working right!

I am so excited for this. I have been asking for cheaper AD prices for so long on things that are Sinks. This is just what our economy needs, cheaper AD sinks that will be more likely to be bought more often, removing more AD from the economy. Less is more, indeed.

Link
    • Wondrous Bazaar: Many of the items in the "Special Items" tab of the store have had their AD price reduced. Items included but not limited to: Mount Training Manuals, Companions, Mounts and cosmetic armors.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    OH EM GEE!!!

medium waterdeep horse is 700k! xD
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a good change since most things were rather overpriced there. One other change I would like to see is the companion upgrade price be looked at. I logged into Preview to check and they are still 300k, 500k, and 750k so that was a bit of a frowny face moment. Which is the opposite of a Kodak moment.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seems pretty funny that a Tyrannical Lockbox costs 200AD when they drop every 2 steps you take.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd love to upgrade my shadow wolf.

If only it would increase the size so any of my characters other than my halfling could ride it without looking like either a clown or an animal abuser.

Even my dwarf brought to mind a bear riding a kid's tricycle when he tried it.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is an awesome change and I think it'll definitely help the economy.

Dragon approves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Is it Thursday yet? No? Mother Mystryl! Dang it, my chronomancy spells still aren't working right!

I am so excited for this. I have been asking for cheaper AD prices for so long on things that are Sinks. This is just what our economy needs, cheaper AD sinks that will be more likely to be bought more often, removing more AD from the economy. Less is more, indeed.

Link
    • Wondrous Bazaar: Many of the items in the "Special Items" tab of the store have had their AD price reduced. Items included but not limited to: Mount Training Manuals, Companions, Mounts and cosmetic armors.

I never looked at the mount training or cosmetics. Is it a big price drop there? Because looking at the companions it was a very small price drop only and going by that I"m not sure it's enough to stimulate it as a sink by virtue of the whole less is more theory.
    edited August 2014
    Cosmetic Armors now cost like 10% of what they did. The mount upgrade discounts are more modest. 768k and 2064k, now 600k and 1400k. Companion discounts are barely worth noticing, in my opinion. Not enough to make me want to buy one, only enough to let me get it a little sooner if I wanted one, and had to save for it. (But I think they have to be careful there, as they want to stay competitive with both awarded or won companions and zen companions. They can't go any lower without totally devaluing them.)

I think the cosmetic armor discounts are really cool. No idea what they look like, but I have bought seal armor and just used it to transmute. I really dislike the looks of most of the BIS gear. I tend to transmute it to low level appearance, as I like the simple, functional looks.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Please leave the Cosmetic gear at its current prices. It is one of the few AD sinks worth their weight in the game.

I have bought close to 11 Hats for my wizard with different gear sets. I will be disappointed if all the AD that I sunk into the previous cost gets blown to the wind, because now, 1 year later. You lower the costs.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited August 2014
    Please leave the Cosmetic gear at its current prices. It is one of the few AD sinks worth their weight in the game.

I have bought close to 11 Hats for my wizard with different gear sets. I will be disappointed if all the AD that I sunk into the previous cost gets blown to the wind, because now, 1 year later. You lower the costs.
    You're probably one of the very small small small percent of people that have then. Most people I know look at the costs of it and go yeah right what a rip off. Lowering the price means more people will think about it, and possibly buy it taking more ad out of the economy and helping fight the hyper-inflation of AD that is going on. With prices on items in vendors in mmo's one thing you need to realize is the prices always seem to go down eventually. Early adopters pay a premium and a year, an expansion, etc later the price gets lowered to help newer players get the items and catch up a little. It's been this way in every game I've seen in the past ten years. You paid the early adopter price and had a year of rarity for the item. Don't complain about something that has the possibility to drastically improve the game for everyone just because you won't feel exclusive anymore.
    edited August 2014
    ^ same thing will apply to the artifact belts xD
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    You're probably one...

^ This. Always. (Snipped to save space.)

We all invested in all kinds of things that were later changed in a way that made us regret our investments. This class or that enchantment, this gearset or that companion, this feat or that boon.

At least you still have your hats, and they still do exactly what you selected them for.. they cover your head, as a good hat should do.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Best new.ever !
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm scared, every new patch they release makes me lose money :eek: It was fun to be one of the very, very few with full Dragonslayer set (I saw only another player wearing the helm/armor in a whole year playing) now there will be more around, however, I stopped using it when I became a Dragonborn so.. xD
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • xianclinnxianclinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thursday seems a good day, to spend my 100m Astral Diamonds.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is definitly a step in the right direction.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got my Dwarf GF an armored boar - looks absolutely great, but not feasible, as it is slow and upgrading it was too expensive...that might change now.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm scared, every new patch they release makes me lose money

How exactly does this make you loose money?
  • kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    <snip>Companion discounts are barely worth noticing, in my opinion. Not enough to make me want to buy one, only enough to let me get it a little sooner if I wanted one, and had to save for it. (But I think they have to be careful there, as they want to stay competitive with both awarded or won companions and zen companions. They can't go any lower without totally devaluing them.)
    </snip>
    They could go a little further, based on current ZAX prices - 500 AD/Zen - 600,000 AD for the blue companions would equal the 1200 zen from the market for blues.
    A drop in the exchange rate will only make them more expensive than the zen companions.
    <snip>
    I think the cosmetic armor discounts are really cool. No idea what they look like, but I have bought seal armor and just used it to transmute. I really dislike the looks of most of the BIS gear. I tend to transmute it to low level appearance, as I like the simple, functional looks.
    </snip>
    I've always liked the look of the Arcane Wanderer's hat...maybe now, but then every CW is probably thinking the same :)

If it comes to fruition it's a nice move, but the cynic in me has to ask how much of a distraction tactic this is.
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    How exactly does this make you loose money?

they put some grease
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, my "Dragon's Hoard" of Zen sitting idle finally have a reason to become Astral Diamonds again. Good all-around.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Long overdue.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xianclinn wrote: »
    Thursday seems a good day, to spend my 100m Astral Diamonds.

100 million AD???? Good grief! You got 40 alts or something? :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm scared, every new patch they release makes me lose money :eek: It was fun to be one of the very, very few with full Dragonslayer set (I saw only another player wearing the helm/armor in a whole year playing) now there will be more around, however, I stopped using it when I became a Dragonborn so.. xD

Been running around in dragonslayer gear for a long time, since the armor was a drop in the first Tymora's Gift event. Plenty of players were wearing the free armor transmutes then.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm glad the mount training is a bit cheaper now, but it still doesn't entice me to upgrade my green mount, as it's still much cheaper to buy an account-wide purple mount.
    edited August 2014
    I bought my first CD burner for about 600 bucks. It was the best price I could find at the time, because it was a brand new thing. A couple months later they were commonly sold for 200 or less, and later for about 50.

Same thing with my car stereo that played mp3 disks. Cost me about 300 or 400 more than a very similar system that only played standard audio CD because MP3 cd players were a brand new thing. Couple of months passed, cheaper than dirt.

It is a waste of time to get annoyed because one had to be the 'first on his block' and payed more than the rest of the block.
    edited August 2014
    I bought my first CD burner for about 600 bucks. It was the best price I could find at the time, because it was a brand new thing. A couple months later they were commonly sold for 200 or less, and later for about 50.

Same thing with my car stereo that played mp3 disks. Cost me about 300 or 400 more than a very similar system that only played standard audio CD because MP3 cd players were a brand new thing. Couple of months passed, cheaper than dirt.

It is a waste of time to get annoyed because one had to be the 'first on his block' and payed more than the rest of the block.

Heh, I've seen those mp3 capable cd players for $15.00 now. Great story to illustrate the point though.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lol no everyone will be running around with the CW's Arcane Wanderer hat.

Not sure why but I've always seen it this way: Every PRO/decent CW has one. When I see someone wearing an Arcane Wanderer hat. He's always good/decent/knows what he's doing.

Will be different now, almost everyone will wear one xD
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So now all the CWs will look the same.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They already won i m rolling a cw just for that hat