test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wondrous bazaar price reductions coming this Thursday ( probably ) xD

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    Lol no everyone will be running around with the CW's Arcane Wanderer hat.

Not sure why but I've always seen it this way: Every PRO/decent CW has one. When I see someone wearing an Arcane Wanderer hat. He's always good/decent/knows what he's doing.

Will be different now, almost everyone will wear one xD

Thats funny, I wear one, and I'm a complete poser. My skills, are questionable at best. :D

Im going to need to find what the pro players will be wearing next
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What is the next step? Reduce the transmutation price to 25k.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh cool, now I can get that pointy hat that's been callin my name for years and look like the rest of you Commoner Peasants. :p
  • maral7maral7 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wizards with Arcane Wanderer's Hats will be everywhere. That's a shame. Seems like devs don't know what exclusive goods really are :P
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »

Not sure why but I've always seen it this way: Every PRO/decent CW has one. When I see someone wearing an Arcane Wanderer hat. He's always good/decent/knows what he's doing.

Well that's nonsense , only good CW have the Hat of the arcane wanderer every pro cw has one , lmfao ,way back when many people deleted or overwrote the Hat of the Arcane wanderer because it kept getting bugged so that it made your characters head bald whenever you wore it , many newer players might have it , many oldbies who got tired or replacing it 2 or 3 times probably don't .
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I don't like the hat.

Makes my CW become bald.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What is the next step? Reduce the transmutation price to 25k.

I would say this. Reduce the price to that and make other class armor's transmute the cost we have now, if not higher.

Also add some more free transmute items and fill in what the HR and SW are missing in there.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great! A step in the right direction!
    I hope companion upgrades get a lower price and also armor transmutes.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So now all the CWs will look the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOI-zEwjdEQ

..and my CW won't. She doesn't wear hats :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    You're darn right I'm going to buy a hat or two! Mayhap more as transmutation needs. I'll probably end up sinking more AD into the hats than I would have if I just bought one at that price before. I'd never buy more than one at the original price but now, I'll end up spending just as much, if not more through out my gameplay on this hat.

Who cares if players wear the hat anyway? If someone having millions of AD is some sort of status symbol, then man, there are quite a lot of important people in Neverwinter. That would also mean anyone who had money to sell bought Zen could instantly become a VIP and wear this "status symbol."

Nay, it's not a status symbol, it's a matter of character personification. I've been wanting that hat since it was first put on the Bazaar but refused to pay that stupid price for it. Maybe if it was purple, set bonus, and had an enchantment slot... it would be worth over a million AD. But as a simple single-class transmute? No way in the Nine Hells can anyone convince me it's worth that much.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Awesome, at least things can now be obtainable by more casual players (although still a bit steep on some things and for some players). Personally i'd like to see that transmute price drop a bit too. I mean really 50k to change my armor shoes or hat into something I like or spend 50K and upgrade a R6 radiant into a R7? Hmmm which one has more benefit I wonder? Now if armor transmutes were 10 - 20k then i'd probably start changing my looks more. I have so many unique items on my banks taking up space on the hopes that one day i'll have upgraded enough stuff that I can just spend 200K willy nilly on changing my appearance.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cosmetic Armors now cost like 10% of what they did. The mount upgrade discounts are more modest. 768k and 2064k, now 600k and 1400k. Companion discounts are barely worth noticing, in my opinion. Not enough to make me want to buy one, only enough to let me get it a little sooner if I wanted one, and had to save for it. (But I think they have to be careful there, as they want to stay competitive with both awarded or won companions and zen companions. They can't go any lower without totally devaluing them.)

I think the cosmetic armor discounts are really cool. No idea what they look like, but I have bought seal armor and just used it to transmute. I really dislike the looks of most of the BIS gear. I tend to transmute it to low level appearance, as I like the simple, functional looks.

Where do you buy companion upgrades? I think a long time ago they were sold by the basic companion merchant but last I checked it was no longer the case.

Anyway, how much will the new companion upgrade kits be? As it stands now, 350k, 500k and then 750k to upgrade a pet to epic quality is a total ripoff as epic pets are easily purchasable from the AH or via player trades for a faction of the upgrade costs.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    On the topic of the mount upgrade prices: It is still too steep for me to buy these on more than one or two characters. If it were cheaper, I would end up spending even more on my many characters than I would at normal price if I just did those two characters. These costs should a little cheaper than how much an epic mount costs at 500AD per Zen.

A little cheaper because you've already obtained that green mount somehow and when upgraded, it only affects that character's mount, not the entire account. As it is now on preview, to go from green to purple costs between 500,000 to 750,000 more AD than it would cost to just buy an epic mount from the Zen store, and those are account wide. Single character mounts should be far cheaper, in my opinion. Not more expensive.

Epic Mounts cost between 2500 to 3000 Zen, which is 1,250,000 to 1,500,000 AD (at 500 ad per zen), and are Account Wide. Whereas to upgrade a mount from green to purple, you'd be spending 2,000,000 AD on a single character mount. That just doesn't seem right to spend more on a single mount than it costs to buy an account wide one.

So, I feel at most, we should only have to spend a total of 1,000,000 AD to rank a green mount to purple. say, 300,000 for green to blue, and then 600,000 for blue to purple.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Epic Mounts cost between 2500 to 3000 Zen, which is 1,250,000 to 1,500,000 AD (at 500 ad per zen), and are Account Wide. Whereas to upgrade a mount from green to purple, you'd be spending 2,000,000 AD on a single character mount. That just doesn't seem right to spend more on a single mount than it costs to buy an account wide one.

So, I feel at most, we should only have to spend a total of 1,000,000 AD to rank a green mount to purple. say, 300,000 for green to blue, and then 600,000 for blue to purple.

I completely agree with this. And I think that these AD reductions should be permanent, if not lower. They would then be a much more effective AD sink.

And it should also be absolutely crystal clear whether the things you buy are BoP to Character or BoP to Account. As an AD sink, it does not matter, as long as they cannot be traded. Even though only an inexperienced player would pay more AD at the AH than at the WB, it can happen. But it does matter to make sure we buy them with the correct character if they are BoP to Character.

BoP to Account is by far the most preferable for everything.

Actually, some Tier 3 mounts are 3500 AD or more. I bought a White Tiger months back for 3500 Zen. I was a bit irritated with myself as I previously spent a lot of Trade Bars on a Tier 2 Inferno Mount. But it is now sitting in the Bank Vault and useless. It looks better on that character than the White Tiger (and the Unicorn from Knights of the Feywild), but I cannot be spending silly amounts of AD to Train it just for cosmetic and vanity reasons.

I would like a Cat companion as well for some of my Halflings. But at the moment I have way less than 100k AD left. :(

• reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I completely agree with this. And I think that these AD reductions should be permanent, if not lower. They would then be a much more effective AD sink.

And it should also be absolutely crystal clear whether the things you buy are BoP to Character or BoP to Account. As an AD sink, it does not matter, as long as they cannot be traded. Even though only an inexperienced player would pay more AD at the AH than at the WB, it can happen. But it does matter to make sure we buy them with the correct character if they are BoP to Character.

BoP to Account is by far the most preferable for everything.

Actually, some Tier 3 mounts are 3500 AD or more. I bought a White Tiger months back for 3500 Zen. I was a bit irritated with myself as I previously spent a lot of Trade Bars on a Tier 2 Inferno Mount. But it is now sitting in the Bank Vault and useless. It looks better on that character than the White Tiger (and the Unicorn from Knights of the Feywild), but I cannot be spending silly amounts of AD to Train it just for cosmetic and vanity reasons.

I would like a Cat companion as well for some of my Halflings. But at the moment I have way less than 100k AD left. :(

I wouldnt say BoP to BoA is for everything, it kind of demeans the AD sink. As the people who have the millions and millions of AD wont have anything to spend it on, when they can just buy 1 of everything and still have a junk load of AD.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wouldnt say BoP to BoA is for everything, it kind of demeans the AD sink. As the people who have the millions and millions of AD wont have anything to spend it on, when they can just buy 1 of everything and still have a junk load of AD.

But if you bought companions and mounts for AD that you did not really need or want to use that were not BoP to Account, what would you do with them? Trade them directly with other players?

Would you spend 800k AD on a Cat and put it on the AH for 1 million AD and expect it to sell?
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Would you spend 800k AD on a Cat and put it on the AH for 1 million AD and expect it to sell?
    Well, there are two cats on the AH for over a million AD, so somebody clearly does.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »

...Single character mounts should be far cheaper, in my opinion. Not more expensive.

Epic Mounts cost between 2500 to 3000 Zen, which is 1,250,000 to 1,500,000 AD (at 500 ad per zen), and are Account Wide. Whereas to upgrade a mount from green to purple, you'd be spending 2,000,000 AD on a single character mount. That just doesn't seem right to spend more on a single mount than it costs to buy an account wide one...

^This. Lowering the price is a step in the right direction, but we are still miles away from what it should be. No one wants to pay as much or more in AD to upgrade a mount for a *single* character than they would buying the fastest mount for all of them.

So for the most part, we are still left with only the people overflowing with AD using this feature.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    Well, there are two cats on the AH for over a million AD, so somebody clearly does.

And that's why there's a posting fee.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some people don't get it.
    Or perhaps they do, but are pretending they don't get it.

I have a half dozen Zen Market Tier 3, Rank III Purple mounts. Some cost a lot less and others cost somewhat more (or the same) as these new Mount Upgrade costs. So offing what? If I have zero mounts other than the in-game freebies or an Event prize then sure: it may be "less expensive" to just buy an R3/RII Purple mount at thew Zen Market, not only is it faster with better stats (as upgrading a mount only increases it's speed, not it's dismounting stats to my understanding).

It's about having the favorite mount for that character moving at TOP SPEED. And all you nay-sayers are forgetting one thing: You like to proclaim that it's only one mount for one character for the cost of a purple mount for all characters. You forget: not all purple Zen Market mounts are that interesting.

I have a Zen Market Hell Hound for my Warlock. It's +2 - so I intended to upgrade it to a +3. Even though I can easily grab that mount on all my characters so what? The +2 speed isn;t all the bad. But why would I even want to upgrade a Hell Hound for my Cleric? Ummm, no.

The same for my undead horse on my evil-looking CW. I'll upgrade that mount on that character because the Stormrider Clydesdale is all his shiny heavy armor doesn't look right for my frail, old, weak-looking wizard. Get it? So I'm going to upgrade the mount I want to go with that character. Get it?

Just because YOU think it's better to never upgrade your mount because you can buy your +3 Purple Mount for all characters on account for the"same price or less" does;t mean you get it, get it? If it's not good for you doesn't make you right and everyone else wrong. Proclaiming such only makes you look stupid. It's best to simply acknowledge that what works for others may not work for you and vice-versa.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some people don't get it.

I have a half dozen Zen Market Tier 3, Rank III Purple mounts. Some cost a lot less and others cost somewhat more (or the same) as these new Mount Upgrade costs. So offing what? If I have zero mounts other than the in-game freebies or an Event prize then sure: it may be "less expensive" to just buy an R3/RII Purple mount at thew Zen Market, not only is it faster with better stats (as upgrading a mount only increases it's speed, not it's dismounting stats to my understanding).

It's about having the favorite mount for that character moving at TOP SPEED. And all you nay-sayers are forgetting one thing: You like to proclaim that it's only one mount for one character for the cost of a purple mount for all characters. You forget: not all purple Zen Market mounts are that interesting.

I have a Zen Market Hell Hound for my Warlock. It's +2 - so I intended to upgrade it to a +3. Even though I can easily grab that mount on all my characters so what? The +2 speed isn;t all the bad. But why would I even want to upgrade a Hell Hound for my Cleric? Ummm, no.

The same for my undead horse on my evil-looking CW. I'll upgrade that mount on that character because the Stormrider Clydesdale is all his shiny heavy armor doesn't look right for my frail, old, weak-looking wizard. Get it? So I'm going to upgrade the mount I want to go with that character. Get it?

Just because YOU think it's better to never upgrade your mount because you can buy your +3 Purple Mount for all characters on account for the"same price or less" does;t mean you get it, get it? If it's not good for you doesn't make you right and everyone else wrong. Proclaiming such only makes you look stupid. It's best to simply acknowledge that what works for others may not work for you and vice-versa.

I completely understand why you would want the personalized mount that is almost perfect for your character to be upgraded to 110% speed.
    You're willing to pay over a million AD for that to happen, per character, because you're a *whale*, right?

The vast majority of players are not whales.

The vast majority of players would upgrade their green mounts, per character, if the prices were reasonable. Period.

Get it?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2014
    I get it, Sprite. RP mounts. I have a few of those, would love to upgrade them. Winter Dapple for my dwarf fighter....Shadow Wolf for my elven wizard...Winter Sleigh for my human cleric. I also have purple mounts for all, if speed is required. But I'd really prefer not switching mounts out, for speed. Being a "whale" has nothing to do with being a roleplayer.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Right on! The Shadow wolf and the Armored Boar are some of the most interesting mounts in this game. I would love to upgrade both of them.

Being a whale has nothing to do with having loads AD. People are using this word like crazy these days, and some don't even know what it means.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I don't like the hat.

Makes my CW become bald.

My main CW is bald. Intentionally. It is much cheaper as it doesn't require a hat to do it either. And I normally disable visuals on any helm to keep him that way.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • nwnplayer1nwnplayer1 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2014
    I was a whale, and then I got better. After reading this thread I have limits to how much nerdism I can read in one sitting.
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    question, if i use mount training III in cubes mount, will the cube be epic in all of my account or only in the one i use it?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wachumpong wrote: »
    question, if i use mount training III in cubes mount, will the cube be epic in all of my account or only in the one i use it?

I believe it is only a one-off for a single mount on a single character.

Would be nice if the was a (more expensive) version of Mount Training that upgraded all mounts of a specific type in the way you wanted.
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I believe it is only a one-off for a single mount on a single character.

Would be nice if the was a (more expensive) version of Mount Training that upgraded all mounts of a specific type in the way you wanted.

there are many cool mounts that is rare, but only few players buy it. buying epic mount in zen is alot cheaper, if they make this mount training = account wide maybe this will help them for ad sink
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If PW would come out with better mount functionality - say a stable that would work like bound companions do it'd go a long way to making mounts even more desirable.

Silly me.
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2014
    On a side note : they seem to have removed the Tome of the Fairies.
    Or is it me ?