test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: List of Promotions & Giveaways

Comments

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    what title does the hidden code give now? anyone care to shed some light in this?

Title is: Dervish
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I find it extremely disappointing and frankly a slap in the face of the people liking their facebook page, where there was no reference to any hidden code inserted in the blog post. I and many others chose to like their facebook because we don't use twitter, that's the beauty of having multiple social media platforms, you can related and spread news on several outlets at the same time for a lot of people. However, they only posted about it on twitter, and now the code isn't working anymore, so yeah, that was nice.
  • dnn259dnn259 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    code isn't working anymore. already run out or what?
  • xana4411xana4411 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i found the code long ago , i tired everything in uppercase or lower case or mix , and still saying code is in correct :/ ,
  • dnn259dnn259 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    next week, then.. half an hour spent for nothing xD
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Based on posting times it looks like the code was working for about 5 hours from when it was (I assume) announced on Twitter.

I've found a few in time, missed a few. The "technique", it would seem, would be to try to read every News article as soon as possible after it is published, looking for a code announcement at the bottom.

Some suggestions for monitoring the articles:

1) Have the News page open in a separate browser tab or window while you are online. Keeping an eye on it can be a challenge, though.

2) Network with friends or guildmates while online to help notify each other when a "code" article is published.

3) Watch the NWO Facebook page for someone mentioning code sightings. (Do people really give away the location? That kinda takes the fun out of it).

4) If today is any indication, monitor the NWO Twitter account for announcements.

5) Use an RSS reader to subscribe to NWO News (the subscribe link is at the bottom of all News article pages). I believe there are readers that will even notify you when articles are published (as of your next reader sync) -- and there are probably apps for your phone to do the same.

Hard to get to them all in time, but where there's a will, there's a way to get some of them anyway.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I read the blog this morning and no code. then a few hours later I saw there was a code via this thread and went back. The code was in there, where it wasn't before.

So basically,... seeing a blog post is not garuntee. they could modify it at any time to add a code.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    I read the blog this morning and no code. then a few hours later I saw there was a code via this thread and went back. The code was in there, where it wasn't before.

So basically,... seeing a blog post is not garuntee. they could modify it at any time to add a code.
    ANd is there a way to redeem it on ARC 'cause i saw it and was trying to redeem it but nothin it's incorrect. Do you succeed?
  • veerwingveerwing Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I tried for over 30 minutes to put in the code and it doesn't work, keeps saying its "invalid." Yes, I found it and yes I'm entering it in correctly. Just sent an email to Support so let's see what happens? ((started putting in the code today at 11 PM - PST))
  • thetrueazurethetrueazure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope the Dervish title appears again. The keys seemed to disappear in record time, and the title's pretty snazzy. :(

Much like the rest, I found the code, but it seems to have been well expended by the time I did.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Just a new title?

Booring.
  • brishenbrishen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tharkan wrote: »
    Just a new title?

Booring.

Hey, free is free. Don't look a gift dragon in the mouth!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Saw someone with the "Green Star Adept" title. Any idea where to get that?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »

No clue, and haven't seen it. Did you send them a PM to ask?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They didn't reply
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did some searching but can't find any mention of it (other then an old prestige class). Hopefully somebody can fill us in.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    I did some searching but can't find any mention of it (other then an old prestige class). Hopefully somebody can fill us in.

Yeah I found that too , a Prestige class from PnP or Neverwinter nights or something , I'd also love to know where it is from :3 I wonder if it was a staff member or something maybe?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    MMORPG.com is giving away Vanguard Pack codes! (More codes added)

Each Vanguard Pack contains:
    • Wayfarer's XP Booster
    • 5x Rank 4 Enchantments
    • 3x Refining Stones
    • 5x Injury Kit (based on your level)
    • 5x Healing Potion (based on your level)
    • Dragonstalker Title
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i like those Vanguard Pack's for the EXP Booster's i am casualy playin atm so my warlock benefits kinda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Has anybody else stopped being able to claim the Pale Horse and Stormraider Horse even having previously entered the code and been able to claim it? I'm literally *riding* around on the Pale Horse that I claimed way back with my main but now none of my other old characters can claim it anymore and it has the same notation at the claim vendor as if I had never had the code.

UPDATE: It *does* still get mailed to my newly created characters.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah you cannot claim it anymore , some guy noticed few weeks ago - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?707541-Pale-horse-remove-from-game
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah you cannot claim it anymore , some guy noticed few weeks ago - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?707541-Pale-horse-remove-from-game
    Well, technically that thread seems to be more about "valid" codes not initially enabling the mount on the account. The code still is properly enabled on my account, as brand new characters I make are still successfully mailed the mount (I made a temporary warlock to verify this as the case). But usually I don't keep a promotional item I can't use for 19+ levels on a character: I nuke them and then claim when actually needed.

Have any other items started doing this? I sure don't want to have to start stockpiling duplicates of random promotional items on every character just on the off chance that someday that character might want to use them. :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Has anybody else stopped being able to claim the Pale Horse and Stormraider Horse even having previously entered the code and been able to claim it? I'm literally *riding* around on the Pale Horse that I claimed way back with my main but now none of my other old characters can claim it anymore and it has the same notation at the claim vendor as if I had never had the code.

UPDATE: It *does* still get mailed to my newly created characters.
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Well, technically that thread seems to be more about "valid" codes not initially enabling the mount on the account. The code still is properly enabled on my account, as brand new characters I make are still successfully mailed the mount (I made a temporary warlock to verify this as the case). But usually I don't keep a promotional item I can't use for 19+ levels on a character: I nuke them and then claim when actually needed.

Have any other items started doing this? I sure don't want to have to start stockpiling duplicates of random promotional items on every character just on the off chance that someday that character might want to use them. :)
    Please feel free to make a bug report thread on it. I'll forward this to the Devs anyway though. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I found that this title was a promo from this web: http://lorehound.com/game/neverwinter/?page=beta unfortunately there are no more keys left, I took the last two of them, I only used one... :)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited August 2014
    I found that this title was a promo from this web: http://lorehound.com/game/neverwinter/?page=beta unfortunately there are no more keys left, I took the last two of them, I only used one... :)
    Good but confusing find. They posted about the code 2-3 hours ago, though people apparently saw the title several days ago. And the claim page still talks about a different title. I have to wonder if there is another source as well.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What that page says it gives you is wrong, it is in fact the Green Star Adept title. Well, was. Got it earlier, when there were 45 codes left, heh.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    MMORPG.com is giving away Vanguard Pack codes! (More codes added)

Each Vanguard Pack contains:
    • Wayfarer's XP Booster
    • 5x Rank 4 Enchantments
    • 3x Refining Stones
    • 5x Injury Kit (based on your level)
    • 5x Healing Potion (based on your level)
    • Dragonstalker Title

I made an account for this site several days ago. As of this posting they still have not sent me an activation code. Yes, I requested another one. This site told me they do not like yahoo. Well too darn bad. I have a very public yahoo email with my game names for places like this. I have a very private email, that I use for private and professional needs. The yahoo acct is used to let the data miners send junk to an account i do nor care about, while preserving my privacy. With the amount of personal information this site asked for, plus refusing to confirm the yahoo acct, I warn others that this site seems more interested in data mining.

All that being said they added 5k more codes.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Nice work, how did you find it? This is the first I have seen it. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Nice work, how did you find it? This is the first I have seen it. :(

That one was tweeted out a couple of days ago.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.