test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonborn Pack available on the zen store for 7500.

1234568»

Comments

• zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I would really like to have someone from PWE to give a statement on this, as this is really messed up and leaves a bad taste.

if this continues on without compensating the people who pre-order the pack. i'm pretty sure those customer won't be thinking twice as to weather buying "another" great deal is good. i know i won't anymore

Even the Bahamut Fang is not what it seems.

[IMG][/img]wrongitem2.png
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    It could actually be considerably worse than your calculation shows.

If we had bought ZEN then in addition to the bonus ZEN by selling items such as wards etc from the ZEN store on the AH you can make a ~60% profit in days. Spend this on putting an order in for ZEN and you would have got 7800*1.6 = 12500 ZEN in a couple of weeks if you have a little patience.

Yes, that is true, but flippng ZM items on the AH for AD and then exchanging for more Zen through the ZAX is a fluctuating variable.

I just used demonstrably provable constants which would more than likely satisfy a civil court judge that fair compensation is due and what the most likely level that fair compensation should be: a 25% discount of the amount spent, translated into a credit of 2150 Zen.

Speculating on the AH is a separate entity, but you do most clearly reinforce the point that had the Dragonborn Pack Sale and the Sale Price not been as misrepresented as badly as it was, NO ONE would have bought it for cash due to the false enticement and would have instead waited until August 14th and bought it with Zen.

Any extra Zen left over they could then dispose of as they wished.

~
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, that is true, but flippng ZM items on the AH for AD and then buying more Zen through the AH is a fluctuating variable.

I just used demonstrably provable constants which would more than likely satisfy a civil court judge that fair compensation is due and what the most likely level that fair compensation should be: a 25% discount of the amount spent, translated into a credit of 2150 Zen.

Speculating on the AH is a separate entity, but you do most clearly reinforce the point that had the Dragonborn Pack Sale and the Sale Price not been as misrepresented as badly as it was, NO ONE would have bought it for cash due to the false enticement and would instead have waited until August 14th and bought it with Zen.

Any extra Zen left over they could then dispose of as they wished.

~

Yes, you are completely right - your calculation deals with the absolute minimum difference which is the simplest way to clearly show that buying the equivalent in ZEN rather than purchasing the 'discounted' and 'exclusive' pre-order would be much better.

My numbers (which are actually slightly on the conservative side), are simply to show how much worse than your figures the situation probably is for the per-purchasers.
    edited August 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    I don't get mad when others get a deal.

Neither do most people.

But I do feel like I have been treated with no respect and taken for a no mark chump when I am offered a fake deal with a false enticement and then discover that had the deal not been misrepresented to me I would have got a better deal if I had kept my card in my wallet and my wallet in my pocket.

-
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Neither do most people.

But I do feel like I have been treated with no respect and taken for a no mark chump when I am offered a fake deal with a false enticement and then discover that had the deal not been misrepresented to me I would have got a better deal if I had kept my card in my wallet and my wallet in my pocket.

Last edited by refracted0dawn; Today at 03:50 PM. Reason: tpyo

-

Oh the irony of it. Sorry - I just thought some light-hearted relief was required. ;)

More seriously, I also don't object at all to other people getting a good deal. In fact I was strongly in favour of Cryptic releasing the Dragonborn race as a cheap separate ZEN purchase so that people who were not able to afford the pre-order even at the 'discount' could still enjoy the race.

What I DO object to very strongly however, is being mislead, even if accidentally, into making a purchase that was far worse deal than I could have got otherwise.
  • iosbartholemewiosbartholemew Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was initially wondering whether or not the "Bonus Items"/Dragonborn pack would ever be available for less than the price of a brand new PS4 game. Honestly, this is ridiculous, $75 ($100 off of sale) for a new race in a few items is a waste of money to me, and for most of the player base if I'm not misreading. But given what I've seen in this thread, it's worse than advertised (and the sales aren't to good); If this is the best that PWE can do for us concerning this game, I may just go buy a full game (for less money) and play that instead.
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    Nobody's forcing you to pay to play 'dragonborn'. The race is 'meh'. But, Warlock ( the class, which is free ) is quite fun.

Play if you're having fun. Don't if you're not.
    edited August 2014
    Nobody's forcing you to pay to play 'dragonborn'. The race is 'meh'. But, Warlock ( the class, which is free ) is quite fun.

Play if you're having fun. Don't if you're not.

I did want to play as this class, I have other characters of course, but the dragonborn race is pretty unique in design, especially compared to the others. That being said, you completely missed the key point of my statement, which was that PWE is basically trying to wring their customers dry of money, and if they keep doing that, they're gonna lose a lot of customers.~ (Btw, I at no point mentioned in my initial post that I wanted to play as the dragonborn, so your reply was pretty inane.)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I did want to play as this class, I have other characters of course, but the dragonborn race is pretty unique in design, especially compared to the others. That being said, you completely missed the key point of my statement, which was that PWE is basically trying to wring their customers dry of money, and if they keep doing that, they're gonna lose a lot of customers.~ (Btw, I at no point mentioned in my initial post that I wanted to play as the dragonborn, so your reply was pretty inane.)

Well they are and they can. I'm a little disappointed at the "sale" bait and switch as well as immediately making it available on the zen store when people who purchased it with real money all bought it under the assumption that it was an exclusive deal.

But as far as locking the dragonborn race, I have no problem with it.
    edited August 2014
    Well they are and they can. I'm a little disappointed at the "sale" bait and switch as well as immediately making it available on the zen store when people who purchased it with real money all bought it under the assumption that it was an exclusive deal.

But as far as locking the dragonborn race, I have no problem with it.

Well, they're gonna lose even more money pulling stunts like that, since people expect the best service possible. (They no doubt have already) And with locking the DB race, they're gonna lose a lot of DnD fans, seeing as how this was the only online DnD game to add that race so far. A majority of the gamers probably just play as Humans and Elves, so they most likely don't care, but if the minority is large enough, the company loses too much money on the game and pretty soon, no one gets to play.
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Oh the irony of it. Sorry - I just thought some light-hearted relief was required. ;)

LOL! Just my little joke! ;)
  • niracasniracas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Was super excited to learn of the Dragonborn in Neverwinter. Downloaded the game again after having not played for awhile, went to make it and found out it's 75 dollars? Are you people insane?

5-10 Dollars for a RACE would have been a reasonable price, thats all it is. A race with a few random items thrown in. No mount, or companion. I can go get a full game plus a DLC for 75 dollars.

What makes you think one race is worth 75 dollars?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    niracas wrote: »
    Was super excited to learn of the Dragonborn in Neverwinter. Downloaded the game again after having not played for awhile, went to make it and found out it's 75 dollars? Are you people insane?

5-10 Dollars for a RACE would have been a reasonable price, thats all it is. A race with a few random items thrown in. No mount, or companion. I can go get a full game plus a DLC for 75 dollars.

What makes you think one race is worth 75 dollars?

Your "I quit" commentary aside (as such is a violation of RoC and thus has been edited out)...

As has been said before, it's not just the race you're getting for that 75 dollars. And it's not just a few "random" items. It's an accountwide 30 slot bag....that means for any characters you currently have on your account AND any future characters you make. Greater bags of holding are 1K ZEN per and only have 20 slots...a bag that size isn't even currently on the ZEN market. A race change token (1500 ZEN, that's 1/5 the entirety of the pack's value in one item), two costume sets, a free character slot, and a few items specific to the module.

Alas, it seems that everyone is stuck on the thought that the race = the pack.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Your "I quit" commentary aside (as such is a violation of RoC and thus has been edited out)...

As has been said before, it's not just the race you're getting for that 75 dollars. And it's not just a few "random" items. It's an accountwide 30 slot bag....that means for any characters you currently have on your account AND any future characters you make. Greater bags of holding are 1K ZEN per and only have 20 slots...a bag that size isn't even currently on the ZEN market. A race change token (1500 ZEN, that's 1/5 the entirety of the pack's value in one item), two costume sets, a free character slot, and a few items specific to the module.

Alas, it seems that everyone is stuck on the thought that the race = the pack.

Well the dragonborn race is the main focus. For those that only intend on having just 1 or 2 characters then the value of it being account wide doesn't help them and so the reasons that people complained about the value before still apply to them. Also $10 for a greater bag is still pretty overpriced and there isn't the dragonborn by itself so the pack is all they have to compare it to. For them the rest of the items are just fluff. Also a gerater bag has 24 slots.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    this thread content has been hashed and re-hashed and re-re-hashed. i think it's time to put it to bed. if there is an official statement to be made, it will be announced soon.

we appreciate all of the constructive feedback that's been provided.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.