test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonborn Pack available on the zen store for 7500.

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, I am asking for my money back too.

I will then just buy it from the ZEN store either by grinding the AD or purchasing ZEN (wihih will work out considerably cheaper than what I paid for the pack).
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bought it and I cannot even create a Dragonborn character. The button that should take me to Class selection goes to the web page where I can pay €72 Euros for the Premium Race - AGAIN!

I want a full refund immediately. How do I go about this?

This game is collapsing like a badly run Ponzi scheme.

~

That is explained here
    https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4238/p/102/c/24

By the way, on STEAM the dragonborn pack is €69.99. Less than the "sale" price Cryptic wanted from EU players.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    MOD NOTICE:

I'd like to call your attention to the following section of Rules of Conduct, as I'm seeing a lot of violations of this rule in this thread:

Rule 3.15 - No Petitions, Ultimatums or Hostile Demands
    . . . . Please keep feedback constructive and within a format for Community Discussion. Disallowed topics include things like, "Please Nerf This Class" and anything without the direction of a constructive Community Discussion. Also, "Pay to Win" argument threads and posts are prohibited as they always end in circular arguments that are not conductive of a healthy discussion.

This includes, but is not limited to: ultimatums to stop playing, threats of legal action, threats to stop spending if certain demands are not met, etc.

Any post in violation of this rule will be removed without further notice, as will any post discussing moderation as such is also in violation of RoC.

Please do not respond or reply to this notice, as to do so is off-topic and a violation in itself of RoC. Instead, use the PM system to address any questions you may have over this notice. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone know if the packs are identical. If not, what is missing?

I think, perhaps, they understand that now that the ZAX has a two week backlog, (and it will grow considerably), they can entice people to purchase whatever additional ZEN they need to get to 7500. Now that the exploits are gone, I imagine that it's takes a decent amount of time to get 3.75 Million AD. You then have to wait for the ZAX (probably be 1 month by then). Many people were willing to pay 30 - 50 bucks, now they can supplement their ZEN with a new purchase and get the pack.
    edited August 2014

On STEAM the description looks identical. The tooltip in the store seems to lack the regalia
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice if they would do something for those of us who pre-ordered it when it was supposed to be 25% off. That was really the whole point of pre-ordering the pack after all.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I think, perhaps, they understand that now that the ZAX has a two week backlog, (and it will grow considerably), they can entice people to purchase whatever additional ZEN they need to get to 7500. Now that the exploits are gone, I imagine that it's takes a decent amount of time to get 3.75 Million AD. You then have to wait for the ZAX (probably be 1 month by then). Many people were willing to pay 30 - 50 bucks, now they can supplement their ZEN with a new purchase and get the pack.
    Yes, it is identical.. everything is account bound.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Bahamut stuff is missing though?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was just there - not seeing it. So either it's a glitch that you are seeing it, or it's a glitch I am not seeing it. And a question: did you purchase the Dragonborn pack? because it's possible only people who've purchased it are seeing it (if their account is recognizing their purchase, which my account is not at this time.

Just food for thought.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was just there - not seeing it. So either it's a glitch that you are seeing it, or it's a glitch I am not seeing it. And a question: did you purchase the Dragonborn pack? because it's possible only people who've purchased it are seeing it (if their account is recognizing their purchase, which my account is not at this time.

Just food for thought.

Its for sale to everybody , the people who can't see it are the ones who bought it already .

N0rtEhY.jpg

1KGFHmi.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited August 2014
  • dnaiel8838dnaiel8838 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Purchased the pack but cannot reroll or even create the dragonborn race? Anyone experiencing this issue other than me?
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dnaiel8838 wrote: »
    Purchased the pack but cannot reroll or even create the dragonborn race? Anyone experiencing this issue other than me?

Everyone is in the same boat. See the "Known Issues" thread.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014

That's up in the sticky under known issues.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Check the sticky for known issues. No one can create a dragonborn yet.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's an echo in this thread - snicker :)
  • tebiantebian Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    doesnt matter nobody can create a dragonborn and who knows when perhaps after gencon lol
  • abxyxxxabxyxxx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dragonborn race is now working for me :D
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to keep this short and respectful as I don't want to violate the terms of service....

I purchased the following packs with real money:

Founder's pack
    Guardian pack
    Feywild Pack
    Dragonborn Pack

As soon as Module 4 went live, Cryptic released the Dragonborn pack on the Zen Market. It's one thing making a zen market item, such as the Hunter Ranger Pack, available for real money, but another thing making a real-money pack available for zen. This is a slap in the face and I don't see how Cryptic can possibly make this right to myself and everyone else spending real money. All I can do is learn from the experience.

I will never again spend real money on Neverwinter. Cryptic's actions have taught me this lesson.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As soon as Module 4 went live, Cryptic released the Dragonborn pack on the Zen Market. It's one thing making a zen market item, such as the Hunter Ranger Pack, available for real money, but another thing making a real-money pack available for zen. This is a slap in the face and I don't see how Cryptic can possibly make this right to myself and everyone else spending real money. All I can do is learn from the experience.

I will never again spend real money on Neverwinter. Cryptic's actions have taught me this lesson.

Worse, it is considerably cheaper to buy ZEN and get the ZEN pack then to pay for the 'discounted' pre-order.

In fact if you are smart and patient it comes to less than half the price as you can simply buy ZEN, purchase some high demand ZEN items and resell them on the AH for almost double as much AD as it will cost you to get the ZEN back in the ZAX. A little effort and admittedly a two to three week wait but you will get the same package much, much cheaper.

Even more hilarious selling this pack in the ZEN store means that all the exploiters will be able to get the pack as well. I honestly can't imagine a scenario that is more likely to anger and permanently drive away pre-puchasers, who are the type of customer Cryptic should be doing its very hardest to keep happy.

Hell, even in /Legit there were people stating that this had got ridiculous and saying that there seemed no point in spending real-money when there are so much better ways to 'obtain' ZEN.
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Worse, it is considerably cheaper to buy ZEN and get the ZEN pack then to pay for the 'discounted' pre-order.

All Zen on the ZAX has been bought by someone, so Cryptic is earning the same. The only difference is that when buying it directly you have to pay the full price and can't use Zen you already paid for.

Also, even when buying directly the pack is now cheaper for EU players as Steam does not use the maximum tax rate in Europe for everyone and also discounts it, so buying the pack on Steam now in € costs less than it did during the sale.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes it's a mindbogglind decision , I would hazard a guess that it is solely due to the race being in it and they probably have plans to run a 50% discount on it in a couple of months ,obviously with a mount and companion in it it wouldn't be as popular as a race on sale would be xD so glad I didn't fork out the real cash now .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to keep this short and respectful as I don't want to violate the terms of service....

I purchased the following packs with real money:

Founder's pack
    Guardian pack
    Feywild Pack
    Dragonborn Pack

Im surprised so many people still spend money on this game, especially those that have been here a while..

Caturday? Nightmare Thursday?
    Any of those ring a bell?

This games economy was borked from day dot & exploiters happily roam the lands meanwhile people who genuinely want to support the game are slapped in the face with a wet fish.

Have just recently reinstalled & was happily starting another toon and kidding myself into thinking about buying the Dragonborn pack. Luckily enough I waited and watched others get the wet kipper treatment this time:/
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    This is a slap in the face and I don't see how Cryptic can possibly make this right to myself and everyone else spending real money. All I can do is learn from the experience.

+1. I really want to support the game, but the repeated breeches of trust...
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • llawtllawt Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I purchased
    Feywild Pack
    Dragonborn Pack
    Thousands of Zen with real money and paid more money than US players because I live in Europe (even though my countrty doesn't take the extra taxes that EU countiries take from online transactions.)
    I have some 7 million AD from leatherworking, leadership, grinding, profitable AH transactions if it was clear that dragonborn pack would be available in Zen Store I would never buy it for 72 Euros. I would buy it with AD no matter how long it takes. I feel fooled.
    I am sorry for you PWE and the good people who try hard to defend your every fooling business...
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    How could they make a decision like this which is so blatantly obvious that it would upset and be unfair to these high paying customers? One poor action after another...
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bought the pack too and at 4:20 PM (CentralDT) I was notified by Cryptic in-game mail that I was able to create Dragonborn.
    I bought it and I cannot even create a Dragonborn character. The button that should take me to Class selection goes to the web page where I can pay €72 Euros for the Premium Race - AGAIN!

I want a full refund immediately. How do I go about this?

This game is collapsing like a badly run Ponzi scheme.

~
  • nimrosnimros Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not impressed at all with this stupid decision. I've (we all have) put up with bugs galore which took a long time to fix (if at all). I decided to show a bit of faith in Cryptic and buy the Dragonborn Pack, which I couldn't really afford to do at this time. Due to the 'sale finishes at...' I jumped in and thought 'Please don't abuse my faith, Cryptic'. And lo and behold.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not going to blow a gasket over this. Frankly I expected $75 to become the de facto price through frequent sales if nothing else.

I will say the company has lost some credibility here. The purported discounted price was part of the reason to buy in advance. Had I waited I could have saved myself $10 as I had about a thousand Zen sitting around. (Of course, I also still have my 1000Z.) I doubt they'll have much luck offering similar advance discounts in the future.

It would be nice if they threw some kind of bone to advance buyers (some ADs, a pack of keys, etc.) but I don't expect that to happen.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bought the pack and I'm happy.
This discussion has been closed.