test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonborn Pack available on the zen store for 7500.

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    All Zen on the ZAX has been bought by someone, so Cryptic is earning the same. The only difference is that when buying it directly you have to pay the full price and can't use Zen you already paid for.

Also, even when buying directly the pack is now cheaper for EU players as Steam does not use the maximum tax rate in Europe for everyone and also discounts it, so buying the pack on Steam now in € costs less than it did during the sale.

Actually I meant it was considerably cheaper to buy ZEN with real money then use that to purchase the ZEN pack. Also as you mentioned Steam is selling it cheaper anyway.

Finally note that Steam is selling it at ~$70 equivalent, but there is no notice there that this is a special offer. Consequently it looks that for all intents and purposes the pre-order 'discount' was anything but.
  • susp3ktsusp3kt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let me start by saying that I'm not going to rage quit...or suggest that I'm leaving the game. I've been here since beta and have helped to support the game with purchases from time to time.....with The Founders Pack to start with.

I am very frustrated and disappointed with the decision to sell the Dragonborn pack in the zen market! What exactly is the benefit to those of us who purchased the package in good faith that it was being sold 'at a discount'? Unless there is some sort of additional benefit or bonus for those of who spent real money on this, I can't in any good faith make any additional money purchases.

Cryptic....do the right thing and give some sort of benefit to those who paid you for this in advance.....

Game on
  • xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    susp3kt wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that I'm not going to rage quit...or suggest that I'm leaving the game. I've been here since beta and have helped to support the game with purchases from time to time.....with The Founders Pack to start with.

I am very frustrated and disappointed with the decision to sell the Dragonborn pack in the zen market! What exactly is the benefit to those of us who purchased the package in good faith that it was being sold 'at a discount'? Unless there is some sort of additional benefit or bonus for those of who spent real money on this, I can't in any good faith make any additional money purchases.

Cryptic....do the right thing and give some sort of benefit to those who paid you for this in advance.....

Game on

agree with this
  • nimrosnimros Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is it actually possible to request and receive a refund for this pack if you paid via credit card? I haven't used any of the items or anything that came with the pack as yet.
  • captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep! I hope my ZAX comes in really soon as I'd like to buy the pack now.

My last batch took 2 weeks to exchange last time... gonna be a while.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to keep this short and respectful as I don't want to violate the terms of service....

I purchased the following packs with real money:

Founder's pack
    Guardian pack
    Feywild Pack
    Dragonborn Pack

As soon as Module 4 went live, Cryptic released the Dragonborn pack on the Zen Market. It's one thing making a zen market item, such as the Hunter Ranger Pack, available for real money, but another thing making a real-money pack available for zen. This is a slap in the face and I don't see how Cryptic can possibly make this right to myself and everyone else spending real money. All I can do is learn from the experience.

I will never again spend real money on Neverwinter. Cryptic's actions have taught me this lesson.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nimros wrote: »
    Is it actually possible to request and receive a refund for this pack if you paid via credit card? I haven't used any of the items or anything that came with the pack as yet.

You could probably dispute the payment which would almost certainly lead to your account being suspended .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Agree with the idea that that those that paid in advance should be given some extras, same goes for those that would one day will buy it from steam. The idea that the AD exploiters can get the same item as those that paid real money probably demotivates many real money buyers to spend more.

One does not have to be a business expert to see that this dragonborn zen offer is Cryptic shooting itself in the foot.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't agree with you any more. I had purchased Dragonborn pack before 10th August, and until now, I am not receiving the pack in - game(i know where to pick the pack, but the Dragonborn pack not in there), I am feeling more angry than you! :mad:
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...and of course by "Cryptic" you really mean Perfect World Entertainment.
    Complaining to them would be more appropriate.
  • panisch420panisch420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm almost speechless about how cryptic is handling things
    mconosrep wrote: »
    In fact it almost looks like Cryptic is trying to see just how much they can <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off paying customers....
    susp3kt wrote: »
    One does not have to be a business expert to see that this dragonborn zen offer is Cryptic shooting itself in the foot.

If it were only that, todays mod 4 brought soooo many new bugs, it's pointless to count em, ive already found plenty by only playing a few hours of dungeons. How long till they fix em? My guess would be mod 5, based on experience of cryptics bug-fixing policy and priority.
    Leaving chests bugged for a month, substantially commenting it with "ok, we noticed"? No comment.
    AD exploiters banned and exploited AD removed from the game? The zax blacklog proves the opposite.
    No free respeccs after turning a class upside down?
    I am officially upset.

Dear Cryptic, are you trying to bleed your customers out and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the rest of the player base? Are you that desperetaly starving for money? Are your numbers that red? Please look around you.. or do you even care?
    Now, the criticism is supposed to be constructive:

- Hand out free respeccs
    - Fix bugs faster.
    - Stop false advertisement
    - Show Transparency
    - Show that you care
    - Hand out Compensations
    - Alot more that dont come to mind

Im not an idiot, but neither is cryptic. At least i have to hope they arent and i strongly believe in it. This game is a business.
    What's worth more? A satisfied costumer that comes again and tells his friends to visit you OR an upset costumer that tells his friends to never go there? I THINK YOU KNOW THE ANSWER!
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bought the pack and I'm happy.

I had purchased Dragonborn pack before 10th August, and until now, I am not receiving the pack in - game(i know where to pick the pack, but the Dragonborn pack not in there), I am feeling not happy and angry, I don't care they sell it on zen market as I already paid it.
  • laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is clear that somebody is getting fired. Back when I was in training as a salesman for a certain company, the first rule I was taught was that you must have a solid base of satisfied and devoted customers (devoted isn't the right word but english is not my native language) over a huge base of 1 time buyers that will quit for whatever reason. Well, that is exactly what whoever came up with this idea thought. I can imagine the thought process went like this:

"alright, we got a nice new pack here. I am going to milk it as much as I can. Lets sell it for a nice price, but then we put it up for zen so we can milk this baby completely. Nobody will mind because the zen value is proportional to 75 bucks, so we aren't cheating anyone out of their earned money, but if we announce it then we will lose a lot of money on the cash-only part." No need to continue, you get the idea.

All I can say, you just dealt another blow to your already crumbling reputation. What did you get from it? Looking at the numbers, nothing, since the zen bought ingame also lined your pockets. If I had a passion for marketing I'd most likely apply for a job and prevent these kinds of messes. Unfortunately my aspirations lie elsewhere.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think we need to add the "Threads threatening never to spend money on Neverwinter again because of X issue" will be closed to the rules. :rolleyes:

But seriously, give them a second to respond before you go all torches and pitchforks. And honestly, I think it's a great move. It allows people to continue to access "content" for free. So what? You paid $75 "real dollars" for the pack. Did you not get your money's worth? Was it not worth $75? Is the value of the pack somehow diminished because you can now exchange the equivalent AD for the pack?

I don't think so.

And also, in regards to the price, I would hope it goes back up to the non-discounted amount of $100. It's mostly likely a database issue right now. The pack is still up on the main site for $75. Once it gets put back to $100, it should be $100 or 10000 ZEN in the in game store.

If that's the case, and the $75's use spent is now 10000 in the Zen market, would you be happy?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    And also, in regards to the price, I would hope it goes back up to the non-discounted amount of $100. It's mostly likely a database issue right now. The pack is still up on the main site for $75. Once it gets put back to $100, it should be $100 or 10000 ZEN in the in game store.

On the livestream earlier when the dev opened the zen store the pack was listed at 10000 zen so I imagine you are totally correct.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And honestly, I think it's a great move. It allows people to continue to access "content" for free.

That is your opinion and I respect your right to have it. I disagree with you but that is my opinion.
    You paid $75 "real dollars" for the pack. Did you not get your money's worth? Was it not worth $75?

I did not get my money's worth and it wasn't worth $75, but I knew that before purchasing and is another issue entirely.
    Is the value of the pack somehow diminished because you can now exchange the equivalent AD for the pack?

Yes. 3rd party sellers aside, AD is worthless in real life.

If that's the case, and the $75's use spent is now 10000 in the Zen market, would you be happy?

I repeat: AD is worthless.

7500x0=0
    10000x0=0

The results are the same. The instant AD is exchangeable for real $ your premise becomes valid.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    laks0n wrote: »
    "alright, we got a nice new pack here. I am going to milk it as much as I can. Lets sell it for a nice price, but then we put it up for zen so we can milk this baby completely. Nobody will mind because the zen value is proportional to 75 bucks, so we aren't cheating anyone out of their earned money, but if we announce it then we will lose a lot of money on the cash-only part." No need to continue, you get the idea.

Actually the real life price of the ZEN Store pack is noticeably less than that of the 'discounted' pre-order as you get bonus ZEN for purchases. Also if you are patient you could end up getting the pack for less than half the price of the pre-order:

1. Buy ZEN with real-life money.
    2. Purchase high demand ZEN items and resell them on the AH.
    3. Get almost double as much AD as it will cost you to get the 7500 ZEN back in the ZAX
    4. Put in an offer to buy ZEN and wait two to three weeks.
    5. Buy the ZEN Store Dragonborn Pack (and probably have lots of ZEN left over to buy the Warlock Pack or whatever suits your fancy).

Sure it is an extra 2-3 week wait, but you will end up with the same package for half the pre-order price.

But even if you are impatient and just buy the ZEN store version immediately with your purchased ZEN you will still either make a noticeable saving or have a lot of extra ZEN left over.
  • thetrueazurethetrueazure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Reducing the retail price... a little unfair, considering it completely nullifies any benefit for pre-purchasing. Pre-purchasers could do with something or other to make their dedication to getting it early worthwhile.

The Zen bit, however, is... problematic.

7500 Zen does not equate $75, especially considering the existence of coupons and charge rewards (which provide, even outside of promotions, extra Zen for bulk purchases - for example, a 300 extra Zen from purchasing Zen with $50) - it is factually more beneficial to spend the money on Zen and then spend the Zen on the pack, and has the potential of being cheaper and more beneficial yet with ingame coupons.

This is not even taking into account any Zen a player might have stocked up from previous purchases or any they may be able to purchase with the equivalent in-game currency (Astral Diamonds), or the further reduced price offered on Steam.

Being one of the purchasers, I'm left quite on edge and tempted to inquire about the possibilities of a refund. :/

EDIT: After contacting support about these concerns, they have offered me what I find to be an acceptable enough compromise. I am certain some people won't find it so, but honestly, I am pleasantly surprised that they have replied with anything to help me at all.

So... yeah. Perhaps not as bad as the rumors say! XD
    edited August 2014
    AD isn't worth any money. Making this pack available for AD essentially makes it free.

1) Sell an item for real money.
    2) Make this item available for free.
    3) Item paid with real money is now worthless.

You see the problem. I made thread about this here.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can't argue with that last.. but then, I've been here a year+, spent buckets full of cash. I knew they were going to do it, they almost always do. Exclusive means 'exclusive at this particular moment.'

Not saying anyone is wrong or anyone deserved anything. Just saying that it really isn't a surprise to most people, I think.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You don't take critic about messed up things very well, do you?

May I add, that 75$ for a new race is a little bit steep.

And my I add, that the problem not able to play the new race was exclusive to your money paying customers. ;)

That's priceless.

Next time test this with real money transactions, too. <- That was my constructive critism.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think so.

Personally I think having the pack in the zen store is a good move. What is not a good move is offering the pack for a supposed discount to players who thought that will be the only way to get it and then the ones who didn't show their support initially got a better deal because:
    1) They can use zen they already transferred previously
    2) You get bonus zen on orders so our discount actually cost us more

If they wanted to offer it in the zen store then great, but don't deceive us. We bought into a lie.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't understand why people are pissed about spending real money to support this game. If the pack was worth it to you and you bought it you should be happy. I see nothing wrong with it being on the zen store or anything wrong with them lowering the price permanently to $75.

I still plan to buy mine with real money, I just have to wait a few weeks/ maybe a month so I can save up the money. Car repairs and other things are eatting my extra money right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Reducing the retail price... a little unfair, considering it completely nullifies any benefit for pre-purchasing. Pre-purchasers could do with something or other to make their dedication to getting it early worthwhile.

The Zen bit, however, is... problematic.

7500 Zen does not equate $75, especially considering the existence of coupons and charge rewards (which provide, even outside of promotions, extra Zen for bulk purchases - for example, a 300 extra Zen from purchasing Zen with $50) - it is factually more beneficial to spend the money on Zen and then spend the Zen on the pack, and has the potential of being cheaper and more beneficial yet with ingame coupons.

This is not even taking into account any Zen a player might have stocked up from previous purchases or any they may be able to purchase with the equivalent in-game currency (Astral Diamonds), or the further reduced price offered on Steam.

Being one of the purchasers, I'm left quite on edge and tempted to inquire about the possibilities of a refund. :/

EDIT: After contacting support about these concerns, they have offered me what I find to be an acceptable enough compromise. I am certain some people won't find it so, but honestly, I am pleasantly surprised that they have replied with anything to help me at all.

So... yeah. Perhaps not as bad as the rumors say! XD

What was this magical compromise you struck with the company?
  • thetrueazurethetrueazure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    petestarks wrote: »
    What was this magical compromise you struck with the company?

I don't think we're allowed to post details of correspondence with support. :(
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I believe you are correct, sorry for asking publicly in the thread like that.
  • ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also am disappointed that so soon this pack was available in the zen store. I too bought this pack for 75$ as I understood it was only way to get it :( If I known better I would have got enough zen to be able to buy it from zen store instead as it would have been cheaper (a bit).
  • bnotoriousbnotorious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Live and learn as the old saying goes. Fool me once shame on..oh you get where I'm going...If they don't actually see the problem with this then that in it's self is a big part the problem.
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same.. if we do not get some kind of bonus for the packs we've willingly paid for to support the game, then i just don't see myself buying anymore packs in the future. With respect, the least they could do for us is make it a bit fair on our ends.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yess time for me to buy ZEN:)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
This discussion has been closed.