test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonborn Pack available on the zen store for 7500.

Comments

• fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You asked for AD sinks - here you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ramenspade wrote: »
    Are you guys seriously going to screw over the actual people who paid real money for it ? people bought it because there were no other means of acquiring it via ZAX, and now people can buy it fir 3,750,000 Astral Diamonds if they wanted it ? what's going on ?
    Every zen is bought via real money, so, it'll still be the same, someone has paid for it, also it wont hurt the company business, also there was a region restriction like Brazilians, they cannot purchase the Itens pack, now they can because pw has put it on zen store. Wich will make lot's of ppl happy.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    this way low, mighty low poorly done PWE poorly done! Everyone that pre-ordered should be compensated IMO. I also would have definitely bought ZEN got my bonus ZEN and then bought the pack getting more bang from my buck. Also the limited time price becoming the full time regular price is a farce.
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It's possible that some people might take exception to the original $75 being advertised as promotional pricing when $75 is the base price. Possibly.
    edited August 2014
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    this way low, mighty low poorly done PWE poorly done! Everyone that pre-ordered should be compensated IMO. I also would have definitely bought ZEN got my bonus ZEN and then bought the pack getting more bang from my buck. Also the limited time price becoming the full time regular price is a farce.

That would have been the way I went about it too, buy Zen, get the bonus Zen, use 7500 to buy the pack and enjoy the bonus. It really means that people now buying with Zen...who are just now purchasing the Zen to do it...will actually pay less than the people who bought the pack on sale for cash when the bonus Zen get factored in.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    On STEAM the description looks identical. The tooltip in the store seems to lack the regalia

The STEAM version will be the "Hurry, Hurry, Hurry! Step Right Up! Bargain, Bargain, Bargain! Pre-Release, Exclusive, Limited Time Only" so-called "Sale" Price, bought for cash.

Notwithstanding the fact that the €72 I paid for the pre-release pack would have bought me 8600 Zen, so I could have bought the Dragonborn pack from the Zen Market PLUS a 10 pack of Enchanted Keys, OR a 5 Pack of Tyranny Box keys PLUS 10 Preservation Wards.

Possibly, the Zen Market 7,500 Zen version may lack some stuff, or the Tool Tip may not be accurate.

I think we should be told.

~
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    Everyone that pre-ordered should be compensated IMO.

I asked for a refund on the basis that they have misrepresented their product and cheated me out of cash for digital goods which were not delivered as intended, did not work as intended, were not delivered "as advertised" and were not "fit for purpose" as they did not work.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At least we know now that the biggest precursor to this game getting shutdown will be a massive Zen sale during its final, undisclosed, days.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here is the thing. When you ask folks to give you their money early, by advertising that they are getting a special deal/bonus/limited time offer, and then you end up giving that exact same offer to everyone, for the exact same price, (or worse in that it can now be purchased with other currency that the player might actually have had on hand in abundance) . . . Well, you kind of lied to your client base.

And that angers some people.

The end result is that you have angered the section of your client base that was willing to happily shell out seventy five bucks for something (that in my opinion should have cost twenty). I am not angered personally, as I would never in my life spend that kind of money just to run around a pretend world with my pretend lizard-dragon man.

But that is not the point.

The point is that you have upset the clients who WOULD spend that kind of money to run around a pretend world with their pretend lizard-dragon man.

And that's a very bad business decision.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is it legal to advertise something at a limited time sale price, then change the original price after the sale period ends?

I'm asking this because I honestly do not know the answer.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    haldan1968 wrote: »
    Here is the thing. When you ask folks to give you their money early, by advertising that they are getting a special deal/bonus/limited time offer, and then you end up giving that exact same offer to everyone, for the exact same price, (or worse in that it can now be purchased with other currency that the player might actually have had on hand in abundance) . . . Well, you kind of lied to your client base.

And that angers some people.

The end result is that you have angered the section of your client base that was willing to happily shell out seventy five bucks for something (that in my opinion should have cost twenty). I am not angered personally, as I would never in my life spend that kind of money just to run around a pretend world with my pretend lizard-dragon man.

But that is not the point.

The point is that you have upset the clients who WOULD spend that kind of money to run around a pretend world with their pretend lizard-dragon man.

And that's a very bad business decision.

Agreed.
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the people who pay real CASH for exclusives or other pre-order deals, and see if they ever spend another dime on your game.

Edit: There are a subset of people who spend the CASH for exclusives and are also whales with more money than sense...
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With that logic, I really doubt you have worked in retail let alone in a management type position. (Not that I recommend it! lol)

If you feel that way, neither have you. :)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is it legal to advertise something at a limited time sale price, then change the original price after the sale period ends?

I'm asking this because I honestly do not know the answer.

There was not price change. You are referring to "bait-and-switch" - witch this is not that. Bait and switch is where they advertise one thing, but then try to sell you another. In this case, the item was on sale, then they locked that in as the new permanent price; no one was ripped-off by being promise one price, then forced to pay a higher price.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    Agreed.
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the people who pay real CASH for exclusives or other pre-order deals, and see if they ever spend another dime on your game.

You already know the answer - they will not.
    For me personally Dragonborn as a race was a sweet bonus. Mostly I got it for all other stuff that goes with it. It was the first time I got pack from cryptic and I thought that support for devs is a good cause in general. Even thought they ruined my HR. I had played this game since beta and assumed that 75$ is ok to pay for that time and get some good stuff now.

It will be a good lesson for me not to put any penny of real money in this game ever again.
  • kaisudragonkaisudragon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There was not price change. You are referring to "bait-and-switch" - witch this is not that. Bait and switch is where they advertise one thing, but then try to sell you another. In this case, the item was on sale, then they locked that in as the new permanent price; no one was ripped-off by being promise one price, then forced to pay a higher price.

Correct on it not being bait and switch. They said 75 bucks, that is what I paid.

However:

"False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising, and misrepresentation of the product at hand, which may negatively affect many stakeholders, specifically consumers."

A "sale" that costs more than the "normal" price is not a sale. I could have gotten it for less after what was advertised as a "sale" with a "discounted price".

This turned out to not be true.

While I did get exactly what I paid for, that does not mean I am willingly blinding myself to the fact that they outright lied to the preordering players by advertising the product at a discount. That information would have saved me some money had I known it before the "sale" was over.
    edited August 2014
    Correct on it not being bait and switch. They said 75 bucks, that is what I paid.

However:

"False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising, and misrepresentation of the product at hand, which may negatively affect many stakeholders, specifically consumers."

A "sale" that costs more than the "normal" price is not a sale. I could have gotten it for less after what was advertised as a "sale" with a "discounted price".

This turned out to not be true.

While I did get exactly what I paid for, that does not mean I am willingly blinding myself to the fact that they outright lied to the preordering players by advertising the product at a discount. That information would have saved me some money had I known it before the "sale" was over.

Another fact that is even more MISLEADING is: consumers were led to believe that the race would only be obtainable through a cash purchase.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I know this is not a case of bait and switch.

There was a price change. It was listed as $100, being on sale for $75. They did change the price from $100 to $75 after the sale ended.

To change the base price after the sale means there wasn't really a sale to begin with. To me that is not being honest with your customers.
  • llawtllawt Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014

There is a price change, I bought it for 72 Euros (100 dollars) within the discount time and it was clearly stated to me that I have no way of buying the pack with dollars. Now STEAM sells it for 75 dollars. What do you think about how I feel having paid 100 dollars for 3750000 AD which I have 9 Million in game?
    edited August 2014

Completely disagree.

I even told my wife: "the dragonborn pack is only $75 until thursday, then it goes up to $100. If you want it, we should buy it now."

Cryptic turned me into a liar, because they completely mislead their customers.
    edited August 2014

You're wrong on one point, advertising a price as a "sale price" when it is never priced higher than that, as an incentive, is in fact illegal in most states. I would say all, but I can't with a degree of certainty.
    edited August 2014
    I know this is not a case of bait and switch.

There was a price change. It was listed as $100, being on sale for $75. They did change the price from $100 to $75 after the sale ended.

To change the base price after the sale means there wasn't really a sale to begin with. To me that is not being honest with your customers.

This. It's not a fair retail practice to advertise a price as a sale price, if the item is never sold at a higher price point.
  • dracadergondracadergon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm noticing people are saying they changed the non-sale price to $75 "after" the sale ended.
    They actually changed it a bit before before the sale was supposed to end on the 14th. I kept an eye on it; as well as the forums.

Honestly the reason they did it is because of the huge outcry there's been on the forums, about how the pack isn't worth $75, let alone $100. They would have lowered it past $75, I guarantee you, if it hadn't been openly buyable at that point. They couldn't lower it past $75 because people had already bought it.

Also stop blaming Cryptic. We all know this is Perfect World Entertainment's doing.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    This. It's not a fair retail practice to advertise a price as a sale price, if the item is never sold at a higher price point.

I'd actually love to see the page it was advetrised on.

Did it use the phrase "ON Sale!"?

Or something like:

Reduced from the suggested retail price of 100?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd actually love to see the page it was advetrised on.

Did it use the phrase "ON Sale!"?

Or something like:

Reduced from the suggested retail price of 100?

Yes here - this was the page before they changed it http://www.arcgames.com.nyud.net:8080/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495-dragonborn-legend-pack

Note the
    Note: The Dragonborn Legend Pack is discounted for a limited time only! The discount will end on August 14, 2014 at 7 AM PDT.
    If you check cached versions of the page from google and whatnot you would probably find the original SALE page or whatever , I didn't buy it so I couldn't really care less lol.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yes here - this was the page before they changed it http://www.arcgames.com.nyud.net:8080/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495-dragonborn-legend-pack

Note the If you check cached versions of the page from google and whatnot you would probably find the original SALE page or whatever , I didn't buy it so I couldn't really care less lol.

Yep, total liars. And not even a rep/dev to come out and try to give some justification for 'lowering' the price in reaction to whatever.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh don't get me wrong , I think it's really cool that they have added it to the ingame zen store but I think they went about the whole thing in a bad way .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Note the If you check cached versions of the page from google and whatnot you would probably find the original SALE page or whatever , I didn't buy it so I couldn't really care less lol.

Thx, can't get the page to load though:p
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Like many, I feel lied to and that is what upset me most. We can argue whether the pack is worth $75 or not. That is subjective and those who feel it is worth it will buy and those who do not won't. My issue is that I was advertised to that this is a deal when it turned out not to be the case. It turns out to be a bold faced lie. Yes, we can play around with the actual wordings of the advertisement and use semantics to rationalize it but at the end of the day trust is broken here and that saddens me since I really enjoy playing this game. I have played this game since beta and I still find a lot of enjoyment in this game. Therefore I won't threaten to quit or anything.

Up to now I have been a fan of this game and this company. I understand that they need to make money and therefore to get access to certain stuffs you need to grind and/or spend money. I appreciate the fact that the Sylph is a super cool companion and the only way to get it is to buy the Feywild Pack. So I wrestled with myself over 3 weeks and then I took out my credit card and I spent the $60. That is money well spent and that money does a tiny little part to support the developers to push out good contents. There is rule and there is principles and I appreciate and respect that.

But this latest sale that is no sale incidence changes everything. I am not asking for extra stuffs to make me feel better. I am not threatening to quit when I won't be doing it because it is childish and this game is enjoyable at the end of the day. However, I wish that there would have been some acknowledgement of mea culpa. Maybe that they have a quota of how much money they need to make for this content and they are not hitting it due to the low amount of money spent on the pack so they need to lower the price and that they hope the early purchasers would understand and appreciate since the developers are not creating these contents for charity and they have bills to pay.

In sum. The misrepresentation is disappointing. The silence is disappointing. It will now become a mind game next time I want to buy something. Can I buy it cheaper by waiting, and waiting and waiting. The same belief that the Sylph is $60 is gone. Wait and maybe you can get it cheaper or free through ZAX even tho there is a huge back log in ZAX because even fewer people will buy Zen. But we have been given cause to believe in waiting and patience. And more importantly distrust.
    edited August 2014
    odnnauq wrote: »
    Like many, I feel lied to and that is what upset me most. We can argue whether the pack is worth $75 or not. That is subjective and those who feel it is worth it will buy and those who do not won't. My issue is that I was advertised to that this is a deal when it turned out not to be the case. It turns out to be a bold faced lie. Yes, we can play around with the actual wordings of the advertisement and use semantics to rationalize it.

I only brought up the phrasing because you really have to watch that these days. (well since the beginning of advertising but whatever).

There is lots of vagueness in advertising usually and broad terms used so they can do this stuff legally "Up to 50% off" gets people in the store even though they sold the one item for 50% off already. Sales create an urgency to buy.
  • feyflutefeyflute Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5
    edited August 2014
    Honestly, I (and probably many, many others) have lost complete faith in Cryptic with this and other recent actions. Specially in this time when they should be trying to build up a bit of good faith among the player base, with the whole AD exploit and such, this is the exact opposite of the kind of things they should be doing. I personally think whoever is running the marketing/promotions is absolutely out of touch with any aspect of the player base. If they had even a small understanding of the players, they would have know this would only blow up horribly in their face and earn them nothing but resentment from the players. They are going to have a long road ahead of them now, if it is even possible, to earn but any sort of trust from players, especially in regards to any future packs or promotions they hope to sell.
This discussion has been closed.