test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonborn Pack available on the zen store for 7500.

Comments

• refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ixoth wrote: »
    If I known better I would have got enough zen to be able to buy it from zen store instead as it would have been cheaper (a bit).

The Euro price I paid is equivalent to buying 8600 Zen. The 1100 Zen difference is almost enough to buy a 10 pack of Keys at full price of 1125 Zen, or nearly two lots of Bank Slots, or one set of Shared Bank Slots, 3 Keys and have 25 Zen left over.

So I basically lost 1100 Zen with their so-called "Pre-Release, Exclusive, Limited Time Only" so-called "Sale" Price. I'd rather have had the 10 keys for 1125 Zen.

Buying 21,600 Zen for €180 is the best VFM. I could have bought this pack today, plus another pack like the Drow one today, and a load of Keys in the next key sale and would have got enough stuff to sell on the AH to make 5 to 10 million AD.

Exchanging 21,600 Zen on the ZAX for 10.8 million AD is just not worth it. That backlog is going to be there for a while as it is more profitable to buy keys if you are prepared to Auction stuff you can do wthout.

~
  • llawtllawt Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    llawt wrote: »
    I purchased
    Feywild Pack
    Dragonborn Pack
    Thousands of Zen with real money and paid more money than US players because I live in Europe (even though my countrty doesn't take the extra taxes that EU countiries take from online transactions.)
    I have some 7 million AD from leatherworking, leadership, grinding, profitable AH transactions if it was clear that dragonborn pack would be available in Zen Store I would never buy it for 72 Euros. I would buy it with AD no matter how long it takes. I feel fooled.
    I am sorry for you PWE and the good people who try hard to defend your every fooling business...

Oh it is 75 dollars in STEAM now, before buying I opened a ticket asking about a way to buy the pack with dollars, they said it was impossible for me to buy it with dollars, I had to pay 72 euros which was roughly 100-110 dollars. This looks like an utter fraud...
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am not against they put the dragonborn pack into the zen store. But who pre-purchased this pack should pay less price for this pack, at least for a long time like several month. And they did not tell people before that it will be a zen pack, so people already have a lot of zen could buy it in the zen store.

In addition, as a EU player, I will list why I am angry about that:
    (1) 71.24 euro will get me about 8500 zen, now the pack is 7500 zen (1000 zen difference)
    (2)Bought the fey wild pack, but never charged zen, so I could get a free first buyer pack if I know there is a zen pack (at least 1000 zen)
    (3) 15% bonus zen event, possible
    (4) 25% discount they claimed, I don't even want to mention that.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are pissed about spending real money to support this game. If the pack was worth it to you and you bought it you should be happy. I see nothing wrong with it being on the zen store or anything wrong with them lowering the price permanently to $75.

I still plan to buy mine with real money, I just have to wait a few weeks/ maybe a month so I can save up the money. Car repairs and other things are eatting my extra money right now.

Its not the fact that we paid real money to support the game. Its the fact we could have gotten more for our money by using zen.

If i knew the pack was available by Zen, which the promo indicated it wasn't going to be, then i would have bought the $100 zen package so I would have had the extra Zen on hand plus the bonus zen from the purchase. Due to this I am now losing value on what I might have spent anyways.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So what? If the permanent price is now $75 and it is now in the Zen market for 7500z then that's a GOOD thing for crying out loud. Just because you could afford the big buckaroos to buy it with cash does;t make you special. This is GREAT way to allow other less fortunate than YOU to be able to obtain this pack.

More for your money by using Zen? Not true. You don't get "more for your money" - you get the SAME for your money. Now, if you mean "I'd rather be cheap and try converting some of my Astral Diamond Horde into Zen so I don't have to actually spend cash" then okay. At least get it right.

I paid cash. I am very happy with my purchase. And I am excited to see it in the Zen market and very happy to see the new permanent price is $75/7500z - because I'm all for sharing the 'wealth".

Good job Cryptic (and I'm serious)!
  • winterrozewinterroze Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So what? If the permanent price is now $75 and it is now in the Zen market for 7500z then that's a GOOD thing for crying out loud. Just because you could afford the big buckaroos to buy it with cash does;t make you special. This is GREAT way to allow other less fortunate than YOU to be able to obtain this pack.

More for your money by using Zen? Not true. You don't get "more for your money" - you get the SAME for your money. Now, if you mean "I'd rather be cheap and try converting some of my Astral Diamond Horde into Zen so I don't have to actually spend cash" then okay. At least get it right.

I paid cash. I am very happy with my purchase. And I am excited to see it in the Zen market and very happy to see the new permanent price is $75/7500z - because I'm all for sharing the 'wealth".

I also purchased the pack when it was released - and I am not upset that they have released it to the zen store - what I am upset about is the misleading information that was given out . I have only limited money to spend on my gaming - and I had already spent last months when the announcement was made. But I wanted the pack and I could afford $75 a lot better then $100 so I came up with the money. Now I find out that not only could I have waited and still got it for $75 - I could have just spent zen I already had. That is why we are upset.
    edited August 2014

Maybe you should read what people are posting.

I definately get more zen for my money if I would have bought zen.

When you charge the $50 or $100 amounts you get bonus zen. This is a fact, just look at the website and you can see it. That is me getting more for my money.

I dont have a hoard of AD in game, less than 2 million, so I wouldn't have been able to transfer it into Zen (and it would have take me months and months and months to do so anyone if i could) By buying zen I could have gotten the pack, had 2500 extra zen base plus the bonus amount.
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014

I haven't bought it, but sympathise with those who have.

I'm pleased that you're happy with your cash purchase, but you were had. If you'd bought the Zen instead, you would've got bonus Zen.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is smack in my fase
    So for 100$ you can get 10600 zen. and 300 zen bonus for 50$. it fill be 50+30 = 5300 + 3000 = 8300 zen for just 80$.
    It is still cheaper to get it via charging game zen for real money and get Dragonborn pack rather then buy it for real money.

Not to say about major exploit. And amount of AD piles reached.
    You can see yesterday how PE was empty for leveled players. Cause pretty much everybody who was in zone got banned. Even my btw while I still did not used exploit. True they got my 200k AD removed that was earned by AH and grind. Good job Cryptic.
    It got me mad that now I need to wait for week to play Dragonborn! I thought that i will not give this game any cent ever again after ban. Not you tell me that limited sale was not a sale at all and I could get it cheaper even for real money via zen charge????

Cryptic really? WTF is wrong with you? Do you ever care about people that pay your salary and your game? WTF did you do with balance in game? WTF did you do with exclusiveness of people who pay real money for you?

I d better pay seller to get AD then ever use you charge or buy "sale" or "exclusive" something from you!
  • mojopowermojopower Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I agree with you about fair play and putting the pack in the zenstore, but you have to at least agree the lack of communication is absurd. You are forgetting the people who are sitting on zen, and would have bought the pack with zen they already have because of various promotions, *cough* "armor bear". I didn't catch the live-stream so I miss the part where it was going to be in the zen shop before I ordered. I don't understand why Cryptic is so Cryptic when it comes to paying customers, why would I ever jump at a sale again. Sadly this is their business model, and the business model of a lot of companies, profits instead of customer retention.
  • llawtllawt Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I think we need to add the "Threads threatening never to spend money on Neverwinter again because of X issue" will be closed to the rules. :rolleyes:

But seriously, give them a second to respond before you go all torches and pitchforks. And honestly, I think it's a great move. It allows people to continue to access "content" for free. So what? You paid $75 "real dollars" for the pack. Did you not get your money's worth? Was it not worth $75? Is the value of the pack somehow diminished because you can now exchange the equivalent AD for the pack?

I don't think so.

And also, in regards to the price, I would hope it goes back up to the non-discounted amount of $100. It's mostly likely a database issue right now. The pack is still up on the main site for $75. Once it gets put back to $100, it should be $100 or 10000 ZEN in the in game store.

If that's the case, and the $75's use spent is now 10000 in the Zen market, would you be happy?

My situation is a bit different I prepaid 72 Euros (approximately 100 Dollars) because I was explained that there is no way that I could buy it with dollars from my country but now steam sells the pack for 75 dollars and I can buy it from my country. I feel it is fraudalent...
  • kaisudragonkaisudragon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As a first-time-buyer who just joined in order to play with a friend excited about the release of the DragonBorn, I was more than a little disappointed to learn that I -missed out- on the first time buyer pack for purchasing the Dragonborn Pack early, when I could have had both and paid less.

Is there going to be an actual bonus for pre-ordering, since $75.00 seems to be the new "set-in-stone" price; Or was this a Bait-and-switch?

I'm not too familiar with how "Zen" works, yet, but it seems that the preorder pack that was supposed to be discounted, with the regular retail price at $100, is now available in its entirety for less than the discounted price on several platforms, such as steam.

Even more so when you consider that there are bonuses for simply buying zen and converting it, rather than paying for the pack directly (which apparently was the only option until yesterday, the proposed end of the sale.)

Will there be some kind of compensation provided to the players who took advantage of the purported "sale", since apparently the discounted price is now the new sale price?
    edited August 2014
    So I asked for refund in price difference
    This is what I got

You got what you payed for.

Enjoying cryptic in everyway

Moderators, it will be visible by everybody anyway when they got to support. Here or in any other thread. You will not be able to hide it anyway.
    edited August 2014
    So essentially this was simply a way to ensure that they were paid directly, instead of through Zen conversions?
  • ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2014

In all honesty I think you missed the point.

Many here have stated they bought the pack only for the one reason, and it is that it was the only way to get it by pre-ordering it and paying cash - as announced you could preorder it and for reduced price. There was no indication anywhere that it'd be available almost immediately when mod4 hit the live server for zen.

Like stated earlier if I only had known better I would have not bought it for cash prior mod4 went to live servers.
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So essentially this was simply a way to ensure that they were paid directly, instead of through Zen conversions?

And of course to ensure they pay more. Why accept Zen people have already paid for when you can make them pay the full price with a little bit of misinformation.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    -SIGH-

Okay people: put yourself in the shoes of a company trying very hard to generate revenue off pixel-candy and maximize sales.

IT'S BUSINESS. Okay, you're upset, I get it. I'm sure they get it. However, it's still just business. Were I in their shoes I'd do exactly the same thing. I suspect, so would you if your job relied on it. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it 'okay, forget about it". I'm saying it's BUSINESS and this is how business works.

You bought early to save some money ($25 worth). At the same time was the forums with loud, squeaky wheels. Very loud. So they changed their minds on how to offer the pack: to placate those claiming "too expensive" (and most were quoting the $100 price) - they decided to lock it in at $75.

And to placate those proclaiming they can't afford it outright, throw it into the Zen Market to give them a chance to obtain it through AD/Zen conversion through the ZAX.

I genuinely do not believe this was all planned to workout this way. But rather decisions were made based on the feedback they have received, as they received it. Jeezuz, they are NOW giving you all just what you were shouting for. Give an inch, take a mile?

TL;DR: Give the loudmouth throngs what they want, they STILL can't be happy.
  • verethragna00verethragna00 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    -SIGH-

Okay people: put yourself in the shoes of a company trying very hard to generate revenue off pixel-candy and maximize sales.

IT'S BUSINESS. Okay, you're upset, I get it. I'm sure they get it. However, it's still just business. Were I in their shoes I'd do exactly the same thing. I suspect, so would you if your job relied on it. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it 'okay, forget about it". I'm saying it's BUSINESS and this is how business works.

You bought early to save some money ($25 worth). At the same time was the forums with loud, squeaky wheels. Very loud. So they changed their minds on how to offer the pack: to placate those claiming "too expensive" (and most were quoting the $100 price) - they decided to lock it in at $75.

And to placate those proclaiming they can;t afford it outright, throw it into the Zen market to give them a chance through AD/Zen conversion through the ZAX.

I genuinely do not believe this was all planned to workout the way. But rather decisions made based on the feedback they have received. Jeezuz, they are NOW giving you all just what you were shouting for? Give an inch, take a mile?

TL;DR: Give them what they want, they STILL can't be happy.

With that logic, I really doubt you have worked in retail let alone in a management type position. (Not that I recommend it! lol)
    6JqUxCm.png?1?1898
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    -SIGH-

And to placate those proclaiming they can't afford it outright, throw it into the Zen Market to give them a chance to obtain it through AD/Zen conversion through the ZAX.

I genuinely do not believe this was all planned to workout this way. But rather decisions were made based on the feedback they have received, as they received it. Jeezuz, they are NOW giving you all just what you were shouting for. Give an inch, take a mile?

TL;DR: Give the loudmouth throngs what they want, they STILL can't be happy.

So you'd deceive your players to try and make more money? Nice to know. If you really think they're hard done by then you're naive. People paid for the supposed exclusive access. People paid for the supposed sale. If you're not delivering on whats advertised that is fraud, plain and simple. I'd be for the zen store price if they let us know about it. However they purposefully were tight lipped about the whole thing. You really think that's ok? As mentioned we also don't get bonus zen that others got. We bought into what was supposed to be a limited deal and ended up being punished instead of rewarded for being an early adopter. The opposite of how you should treat your fans.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Trying to wrap my head around the furor here:
    - Cryptic introduces the Dragonborn pack at a price point of $100 US (sale price of $75 US)
    - People complain, and rightly so IMO, that the pack was too expensive (especially at the base price). Some adopt early and purchase at the discounted price.
    - After some real money purchases were made Cryptic decides to make the pack available via the Z-Store for 7500 Zen ($75 US value) and releases the pack via Steam for $74.99 (checked on that today) and locks price to $74.99 on ARC site.

Is this all correct so far? I'll admit to being a bit vague on EU purchases and money conversions. Would it be correct to say that there are two groups here: those who wound up somehow paying more for the pack and those who paid real money rather than Zen when they could have done so if they'd known the pack was coming to the Z-store?
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People who paid for the convenience of the shiney new toy being delivered first are complaining now everyone else can get it at the low rate by a different method since they had patience.

That's all I am reading here.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited August 2014
    Trying to wrap my head around the furor here:
    - Cryptic introduces the Dragonborn pack at a price point of $100 US (sale price of $75 US)
    - People complain, and rightly so IMO, that the pack was too expensive (especially at the base price). Some adopt early and purchase at the discounted price.
    - After some real money purchases were made Cryptic decides to make the pack available via the Z-Store for 7500 Zen ($75 US value) and releases the pack via Steam for $74.99 (checked on that today) and locks price to $74.99 on ARC site.

Is this all correct so far? I'll admit to being a bit vague on EU purchases and money conversions. Would it be correct to say that there are two groups here: those who wound up somehow paying more for the pack and those who paid real money rather than Zen when they could have done so if they'd known the pack was coming to the Z-store?

you are correct. Main problem is about not exclusiveness of "Sale"
    edited August 2014
    People who paid for the convenience of the shiney new toy being delivered first are complaining now everyone else can get it at the low rate by a different method since they had patience.

no that is not correct. What we are complaining about (or at least I am) is the fact they decieved us twice on the same **** purchase.

1 - sale price of 25% off. As soon as the sale "ended" they dropped the actual price to match the sale price. While they technically did nothing wrong this is a bad way to treat your customers.

2 - Changing the pack to be available in zen store. The only way to get the pack originally was to pay with straight cash. Yet as soon as the pack goes live in game it is now available for zen. As stated multiple times above buying Zen would have been a much better scenario for those of us that are actually supporting the game. They still get there money but we as the paying customers have a lot more flexibility from what we may have bought.

It doesn't matter to me in the least who had it first. I haven't even used anything out of the pack yet.
    edited August 2014

Far be it for me to complain about other people getting it at that price. My qualm is with the fact that its cheaper to buy it now than when the "sale" was going on, because I could have bought zen equivalent to the pack cost, benefited from the first time buyer bonus, gotten the pack, -and- have something left over. I assumed that, in the event that the pack passed the sale cost, the zen cost would make that the less appealing deal.

I was wrong for thinking a sale was a sale?
    edited August 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    you are correct. Main problem is about not exclusiveness of "Sale"

So we don't have so much an overcharge issue as people who could have used existing Zen rather than pay the real money ... although, for folks like me at least, it was $75 bucks either way since I don't tend to keep a large amount of Zen hanging around ... and those irritated that the sale price simply became the regular price, apparently based on customer feedback.

The first group I can have sympathy for because, hey, Third Rule of Acquisition. The second ... I don't get it.
    edited August 2014
    Far be it for me to complain about other people getting it at that price. My qualm is with the fact that its cheaper to buy it now than when the "sale" was going on.

Where? Steam: $74.99, ARC store $74.99, Z-store 7500 Zen ($75 US), Sale price was listed at $74.99. The only potential savings I'm seeing anywhere is if you already had some portion of that Zen saved up or are converting 3,750,000 AD for it.
    edited August 2014
    Where? Steam: $74.99, ARC store $74.99, Z-store 7500 Zen ($75 US), Sale price was listed at $74.99. The only potential savings I'm seeing anywhere is if you already had some portion of that Zen saved up or are converting 3,750,000 AD for it.

Edited my original post regarding how the first time buyer bonus would have benefited me.
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    $

I'm pretty sure (maybe someone who bought the pack could confirm?) that the way it was selling in the EU, there was 20% VAT on top of the 'sale' price, making it roughly $100...

There isn't any tax on Zen purchases, so it would be a 20% saving on top of the bonus zen.

I can see why people are annoyed.
  • gusbus1869gusbus1869 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It is only effectively cheaper now if you are willing to spend more than the cost of just outright buying the pack. Or if you have 2,200 Zen already on your character.

If not than the following method does make it effectively cheaper.

I purchase the $100 zen pack and that nets me 10,600 Zen.
    That is 106 Zen per $1.

Now I spend 7,500 of that zen to purchase the pack.
    At 106 Zen per $1 I effectively paid $70.75.
    For a net savings of $4.25.

Now this is assuming that you are willing to have extra Zen at the end to purchase other things with. If your goal was to spend as little money as possible today than this method doesn't work for you.
    edited August 2014
    So we don't have so much an overcharge issue as people who could have used existing Zen rather than pay the real money ... although, for folks like me at least, it was $75 bucks either way since I don't tend to keep a large amount of Zen hanging around ... and those irritated that the sale price simply became the regular price, apparently based on customer feedback.

The first group I can have sympathy for because, hey, Third Rule of Acquisition. The second ... I don't get it.

Well look at this - everybody knew that this is not exclusive forever. This is temporally. But everybody could understand that this is close to what will be as with Hero of North or founder pack. Will be available later for more money but not the first day.

This started with "one more run of lockboxes" and cry - will be gone forever done 2- 3 times in last 3 month. And so on. As apogee of all this is that sale and exclusive is no longer sale and exclusive . Lead to unfair trade. Crime btw in US since sale was not a sale at all.

By term of sale -means that there will or was same good for bigger price in future or past. But this item was introduces and stayed at this price forever. Even worse now - it got cheaper. Layers or those who have more knowledge base can form it into better words.

As result of all this is - total lost of trust to cryptic as a sales company by its customers. As in support review sad -it makes me think of paying games elsewhere.

This goes to a pile of game balance, constant nerfs( ill not ever forget HRs mod 4) and so on. With a lack of response from devs. but this is not a subject of current thread.

Another question that I have now is the quality of customer support. let me phrase this - fist they declined any loss of value - as you can see in my post before - but when you prove them 300 zen difference - they do so to close ticket with agreement. Yet still they state that if you disagree,as we saw before in post, you are advised that you can close your account anytime
This discussion has been closed.