test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Changes

Comments

• lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Yeah, guard is garbage. I fought a GWF in my range, 17k, and he was stunning me with FLS and doing some good damage to me through my guard. We are the only class in the game that takes damage when we are supposedly ''immune''. Cool.

Seriously? Is that why in the above mentioned scenario the GWF was stinging me through my guard? Lol.

Damage output is nice though.

I was against the new guard mechanic from the start. Never made any sense to me. If it actually worked as it's supposed to, it's not too mad, but it hasn't been even close to correct since it was first implemented. It should have been scrapped, they obviously don't have the programming resources to make it work (not their fault, it's a manpower thing I believe). What is their fault is not realizing that it was too much for them to tackle at this time and putting it back as it was bit with some buffs.

Oh well, there are a lot of issues with every class right now, I just hope we are near the top of the list when they start trying to fix stuff after they get the servers stable and take care of the completely game breaking stuff.
    Enemy Team
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    damnacious wrote: »
    Such a great idea....

BUGS: GF Official List

Feats:
    Action Surge – doesn’t work
    Armor Specialization – doesn’t show on character sheet any increase

Powers:
    Griffon’s Wrath - being canceled causes us to lose a charge
    Griffon's Wrath - has a tendency to activate a second charge even though you only hit the key once (this is happening on Live as well as Preview)
    Threatening Rush - can go into a double animation after a shield cancel, causing us to not be blocking
    Steel Grace – Does not work
    Steel Defense – Does not work vs a LOT of moves (HR’s, TR’s, CW’s)
    Crescendo - sometimes cancels due to target being out of range/cc. AP is then completely lost.
    Indomitable Strength - sometimes hits air, with and without AP lost.
    Knight's Valor - will randomly turn itself 'Off' and must be turned back on. No cooldown evident.
    Knight's Challenge - will randomly turn itself 'Off' and must be turned back on. No cooldown evident. Can become unusable if animation is interrupted.

Block:
    -Not giving us CC immunity to a LOT of moves (Especially CW’s)
    -Randomly Drops

Other Class's Powers:
    GWF - Takedown goes through block
    CW’s – Chill Stacks take us out of block and freeze us (other moves do as well)
    HR – Boar charge takes out of block more than it does not

Enchants:
    -Perfect/Greater Elven does nothing to CC duration/Stun duration

Armor:
    -Profound 4 piece does not give us increased block duration
    -Indomitable Champion 4 piece set does not give increased block duration

Block:
    -Not giving us CC immunity to a LOT of moves (Especially CW’s)
    -Randomly Drops

Want to confirm this. Yesterday in PVP no matter what I did, how much block I had left, Entangling Force went STRAIGHT through block and pulled me out. Not to mention it seems chill stacks are SUPER SUPER quick to stack and that freezes me and pulls me out of block.

Also, this may have been a 1 time occurance but I was Entangling Forced THROUGH Villians Mennace - which made NO sense to me.

I also was interrupted casting Villians Mennace more times than I can count - the CC immunity should activate the second we press the power DURING animation, GFs have ZERO CC "breaks" so we NEED reliable CC counters - like Block and VM, but they just are not reliable

Right now the best GF pvp "meta build" is to throw up ITF with a CW or two, then sit back and wait for them to hit 40% HP, then anvil of Doom them and they are dead.... Atleast GFs are more viable than in mod 3 (which TBH isnt really saying anything LOL)
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The gf is good in this mod but I have 47k hp, 21% tenacity, 25% deflect chance and 46% dr and a cw lifted me then killed me in a bout 5 seconds, he was only around 15k gs too....

Cw are way to hard to kill in dom, in 1v1 we have a chance because we can concentrate on them but in dom with much going on and other players distracting people, the cw can just farm kills and its getting annoying. No way there powers should go through our shield!

Not wanting them to be nerfed but our shield should be CC immune like we was told it would be -.-
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    The gf is good in this mod but I have 47k hp, 21% tenacity, 25% deflect chance and 46% dr and a cw lifted me then killed me in a bout 5 seconds, he was only around 15k gs too....

Cw are way to hard to kill in dom, in 1v1 we have a chance because we can concentrate on them but in dom with much going on and other players distracting people, the cw can just farm kills and its getting annoying. No way there powers should go through our shield!

Not wanting them to be nerfed but our shield should be CC immune like we was told it would be -.-

Well CWs in the past used to have to rely on perfect timing especially with their dodges to survive.

They now have UBER control, and massive damage that takes zero skill, but just "procs" off any damage, Assailing Force also completely ignores ALL DR...
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We haven't heard from Crush in over a week, so he has to be working on something... I just hope we are on the list. I mean we have all the bugs right there for him in the open so he can just go down the list rather than searching for them.

The new block works REALLY well when they aren't using those moves. For instance in PVE or Normal PVP - I was able to take MASSIVE amounts of damage, reflect a ton, etc. But it was just 1 more and poof block gone, dead.

So - if it gets fixed I think it would be awesome. I still think Guarded Assault is buggy. It USED to work really well, and now after the cap he set to it, it is not working even close to as well. Just my two cents.

Everyone keep posting feedback, lets get this list hammered out and complete
  • xujloxujlo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what do u thing is better in ofensive aspect now:a little more power or crit or recovery?
    edited August 2014
    Power is mehh, get crit to 20%, 30% with capstone, then go AP.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited August 2014

^^
    I have told you in the preview forum that i was killed on ptr by a 12gs cw in 8 secs but at that time none payed attention.Before Mod4 went live.It is too late now.At least for 3-4 months we will live in a frozen state.

And these cws that are on page 1 now are middle geared cws! the elite ones did not play many domination matches or at all!!!!!

You and we have not see their real power yet :(
    edited August 2014
    So many moves go through Block. HR's DESTROY us 1v1, CW's go through our block.... TR's can stalemate us or kill us.... All because of bugs.... WHY have these little bugs not been fixed? I get it if you are not going to nerf the CW because you guys need some extra dime on top of the 75 dollar pack and all the refining that everything takes now...

PLEASE

Just fix the list we have.... We are outmatched in a serious fight. ALL because of these freaking bugs. If I get boar charged head on out of block 1 more time, I am going to drive to Cryptic and boar charge the lady at the front desk, Icy Ray the security guard, and shocking execution the next guy, and assailing force the next guy... ALL while they are blocking and then maybe it will get fixed.
  • regulusknighrregulusknighr Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I refuse to believe that the devs are not seeing all these bugs,'ve been following this post 2 months and it seems that the devs ignore everything and everyone ....
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014

My Guard seems to block NO CC at all? Then when I do block I am taking enormous amount of damage as if my Shield is a paper plate?
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited August 2014

My Guard seems to block NO CC at all? Then when I do block I am taking enormous amount of damage as if my Shield is a paper plate?

Part of the issue is thing that go THROUGH block - Chill stacks for instance take us out of block in like 2-3 seconds, then its GG.
    Also things like CHoke and Boarcharge go through it as well.

Honestly the "degrees" that block "blocks" needs to be increased. Right now its about 180 degrees, but I think its set "too far forward" meaning its not 180 degrees from your character, its 180 degrees from your shield, meaning players standing beside you at 180 degrees can still hit you,

If they move it back to 180 degrees from your character and INCREASE it to maybe like 220 degrees... This will help ALOT!

Ive also been CCd DURING Villians Mennace, this ability need to grant CC immunity upon activation!
    edited August 2014
    ALSO,

Just posting this in a few channels to get the DEVs attention:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBvEhz8cKQ

Thats a GF with KV running the new broken enchants. - The dragon enchants need to be NERFED!

IMO - a 1 sec ICD. In PVE these arent really that great TBH, but in PVP its stupid. Even a 1 sec ICD means a max of 600*20 damage = 12,000.... Which is maybe fair?
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I personally only have problems fighting CW's. But I still have some ore testing too do. But as of right now, things feel nice.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    bug
    Terrifying impact prone's targets in cc immunity. And also on the tooltip it says "stun" instead of prone.

i am not sure if this skill is acting as it is suppose to.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    bug
    Terrifying impact prone's targets in cc immunity. And also on the tooltip it says "stun" instead of prone.

What you say is partly true.
    The discription is in my eyes wrong with stun. If you see the shockwave coming from the impact of the earth, you just don't stun target, you send them prone.
    With CC immune: No boss was proned, only players.
  • kingcalouskingcalous Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    ALSO,

Just posting this in a few channels to get the DEVs attention:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBvEhz8cKQ

Thats a GF with KV running the new broken enchants. - The dragon enchants need to be NERFED!

IMO - a 1 sec ICD. In PVE these arent really that great TBH, but in PVP its stupid. Even a 1 sec ICD means a max of 600*20 damage = 12,000.... Which is maybe fair?

Careful with this, the pugs might see it as a GF thing and get us nerfed so... just be careful. I KNOW you are refering to the enchants, and the enchants are the ONLY problem here, but remember we are dealing with pugs who are still complaining that CW's need buffs soooo....
    I personally only have problems fighting CW's. But I still have some ore testing too do. But as of right now, things feel nice.

CW's that know what they are doing and have decent gear are gonna wreak you, hands down. HR that is good is going to destroy you most of the time aswell, but you'll do alot better for sure. Still no even close to balanced, but due to bugs, I think the concepts are sound. (Except for Block, its a mess, it will always be a mess, it needs to be as it was only slightly buffed. Just like nearly everyone has said on these forums over and over ever since the change was first suggested).
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    bug

TI has always done this, its been spoken about and reported countless times in this thread as well as many many others. It has always proned aswell, I never actually noticed if the tooltip says "Stuns" or "Prones" so that may be a bug.

But seriously? This is what we want them to focus on? Cause they will nerf TI before they fix friggen block, so lets focus on getting fixed before we work on getting ourselves nerfed?
    edited August 2014
    Getting pissed off fighting cw players now -.-

Sure we can still win some 1v1 against them but if they have equal gear and skill then gf loses and in domination its so frustrating trying to get to the cw while being CC to death.

BUG:

99.99% OF POWERS GO THROUGH BLOCK.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    kingcalous wrote: »
    Careful with this, the pugs might see it as a GF thing and get us nerfed so... just be careful. I KNOW you are refering to the enchants, and the enchants are the ONLY problem here, but remember we are dealing with pugs who are still complaining that CW's need buffs soooo....

CW's that know what they are doing and have decent gear are gonna wreak you, hands down. HR that is good is going to destroy you most of the time aswell, but you'll do alot better for sure. Still no even close to balanced, but due to bugs, I think the concepts are sound. (Except for Block, its a mess, it will always be a mess, it needs to be as it was only slightly buffed. Just like nearly everyone has said on these forums over and over ever since the change was first suggested).

TI has always done this, its been spoken about and reported countless times in this thread as well as many many others. It has always proned aswell, I never actually noticed if the tooltip says "Stuns" or "Prones" so that may be a bug.

But seriously? This is what we want them to focus on? Cause they will nerf TI before they fix friggen block, so lets focus on getting fixed before we work on getting ourselves nerfed?

balance is better. If they is a bug then it needs to be fixed
    edited August 2014
    Would LOVE it if Entangling Force (Choke) - CWs control power, didnt go through block.

ALSO, Chill Stacks shouldnt stack on a GF holding block, it pulls us out in 2-3 seconds and were GG after that... Even Villians Mennace has bugs and we HAVE to use it just to stay alive against CWs, once it wears off we die SO fast....

I know AF will be nerfed, but thats beside the point... HOlding block needs to prevent CC AND Chill Stacks from adding.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also Villians menace after the original buff time loses its cc immunity for the extra 4 seconds that is added when you have all 3 ranks of villians. It is really awesome we you get cc'd during this time you are that much larger of a target.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CRUSH...

Guard is devastatingly poor in pvp, we are continuously cced, rooted, stunned while having guard up! It is literally devastating to our class. We have no immunity but Villains Menace that's a Daily and we are even cced during the animation activating it! PLEASE consider taking a look?
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited August 2014
    CRUSH...

Guard is devastatingly poor in pvp, we are continuously cced, rooted, stunned while having guard up! It is literally devastating to our class. We have no immunity but Villains Menace that's a Daily and we are even cced during the animation activating it! PLEASE consider taking a look?

IM SO FLIPPING SICK OF GETTING PULLED OUT OF BLOCK FROM A CW and CHILL STACKS in TWO SECONDS AND THEN DYING.

BLOCK IS OUT ONLY SURVIVAL MECHANIC, WE HAVE NO DODGE, NO "SHIELD" like CWs, NO INVIS, NO UNSTOPPABLE/SPRINT.

WE have ONE thing: BLOCK. Its USELESS AGAINST CWS!!!!! RAY OF FROST -> BAM, Frozen, then Choke and DONE. Dead.

Tank Class with 53k HP FULL RPOTECTOR in PVP dies in three seconds outside block. block is ALL we have an doesnt even work right.....

GG.
    edited August 2014
    Block is not only useless in pvp but in dungeons its bad too. without cc immune it makes it harder to survive. In Tos I died for the first time ever lol, I could stand there and tank ads in 99% of the dungeons but in tos I was perma rooted and not even by the webs so I couldn't turn or use powers and I died lol wth ?

So much for CC immune while guarding.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Am I the only one that is CC immune when blocking or what? Seriously

Choke does NOT go through my block, neither does any form of CC. I'm dead serious.

Are you guys Iron Vanguards ? That might be the case perhaps. I'm SwordMaster Conqueror PVP specced and this never happens to me. I thought I've dreamed because my Flourish's stun went through a Vanguard GF's block. Either that or his block was already tired.
    edited August 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that is CC immune when blocking or what? Seriously

Choke does NOT go through my block, neither does any form of CC. I'm dead serious.

Are you guys Iron Vanguards ? That might be the case perhaps. I'm SwordMaster Conqueror PVP specced and this never happens to me. I thought I've dreamed because my Flourish's stun went through a Vanguard GF's block. Either that or his block was already tired.

I'm swordmaster pvp spec and yet about 80% of cc in this game goes through my shield, I don't know why I bother using it.

Next time I kill a gwf player I'm gonna throw this useless shield away and use his sword instead.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I'm swordmaster pvp spec and yet about 80% of cc in this game goes through my shield, I don't know why I bother using it.

Next time I kill a gwf player I'm gonna throw this useless shield away and use his sword instead.

That's weird as hell.

Does choke really go through your shield? (As well as other CC's). I have a hard time believing that... it's weird as hell. Do you have a video? Block is working just fine for me. (Apart from Chill Stacks which is WAI...)
    edited August 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »
    That's weird as hell.

Does choke really go through your shield? (As well as other CC's). I have a hard time believing that... it's weird as hell. Do you have a video? Block is working just fine for me. (Apart from Chill Stacks which is WAI...)

Yes choke can sometimes go through guard but not 100% of the time. But Freeze stacks, rooting, icey rays and even sometimes boar charge and takedown go through shield, its very annoying.

"Guardian Fighter: Block will now grant CC Immunity while active." Crush said this on page 14 and I have been reading every page (not sure if I missed something) but then the whole guard is bugged because this means NO power in the game should CC us while we guard, I don't care if its a chill strike into our back, it should not control us.

As for being icey rayed and stuck to the ground while I'm guarding that's just wrong, even ray of frost should not work so the fact that I am being CC by most in game powers is just bs.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes choke can sometimes go through guard but not 100% of the time. But Freeze stacks, rooting, icey rays and even sometimes boar charge and takedown go through shield, its very annoying.

"Guardian Fighter: Block will now grant CC Immunity while active." Crush said this on page 14 and I have been reading every page (not sure if I missed something) but then the whole guard is bugged because this means NO power in the game should CC us while we guard, I don't care if its a chill strike into our back, it should not control us.

As for being icey rayed and stuck to the ground while I'm guarding that's just wrong, even ray of frost should not work so the fact that I am being CC by most in game powers is just bs.

What Crush said is in regard to how the guard used to work versus CC.

All manner of rooting doesnt guard against it. Only the damage it does. Which is the way guard used to work. However, the choke should not be going through the guard.

Icy rays, grasping roots and ray of frost have always been the only things that go through guard. Which are roots. And with that I'm fine. Especially since we have normal movement speed while guarding.

other CC effects like stuns from takedown and prones should not go through shield.

I havent actually had something that shouldnt go through my guard happen to me personally. but I have seen some GF's get chocked once or twice while seemingly guarding.

And thats how it should be. Without, there is no actual effective way to combat a GF in any situation.
    edited August 2014
    What Crush said is in regard to how the guard used to work versus CC.

All manner of rooting doesnt guard against it. Only the damage it does. Which is the way guard used to work. However, the choke should not be going through the guard.

Icy rays, grasping roots and ray of frost have always been the only things that go through guard. Which are roots. And with that I'm fine. Especially since we have normal movement speed while guarding.

other CC effects like stuns from takedown and prones should not go through shield.

I havent actually had something that shouldnt go through my guard happen to me personally. but I have seen some GF's get chocked once or twice while seemingly guarding.

And thats how it should be. Without, there is no actual effective way to combat a GF in any situation.

The game has changed much and one major change is that cw has become a challenge now and I'm fine with that but not me dying in 5 seconds when I have 47k hp and the main reason they kill me easy is because they control me through shield.

So arrows, melee hits and magic missiles all hit shield or deflect off but a beam of ice goes through the shield ? lol. it just makes pvp stupid, NOTHING should go through shield head on, I am ok with powers like icey rays and roots i guess since they affect your feet but a beam just flying through my guard is stupid since it freezes you then allows the cw to almost instantly kill you.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]