test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chests bugged. Repeat loot. (Delves, Lairs & More)

Comments

• johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure if anyone else already brought this up,
    but the bug does not strike every time. The last days
    I sucessfully geared my cleric with high prophet.
    MD took 5 tries but had different loot everytime.

I have no idea why it worked on me and not on others.
    Could be it only hits specific dungeons, could be somehow
    I managed to reset the rng somewhere.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    volchitsa wrote: »
    First off:
    There has been communication, clear communication, and in this thread too. Assume that it's not going to be fixed before Mod4.

Second: As far as the locked chests, I have run a bunch of PK and here is how to get the chest to unlock:

Run the dungeon until the second to last fire (may work at the second fire, but I don't recall it working), use the help>GM>stuck>can't progress>abort quest chain, then return to instance and voila, open chest. Same thing if it's not delves and you're running the same dungeon more than once.

We all know, how to unlock the chest.
    The very core of our problem is the loot inside that chest.
    I already unlock IWD with my 8th toon, she is still not wearing her set, after 46 ToS runs. I gave up on her.
    So if I put on the glasses of a new player and see in their view. I would be asking myself If I still continue playing a game where the core "Dungeons" and "PVE Oriented" has been lacking or neglected thereof.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok, i am really tired of this game breaking bug. I wrote about this problem on facebook, on here, on my country forum and with support system but still nothing done. Nearly one month but you don't do anything about this problem. We(players) can't progress in game because we need end game equipments from the dungeons. BUT because of this bug we can't gain them and can't increase our gs. These end game items also can not be found in the AH because they are bound to player. You make 4-5 hours maintenance to ban illegal players but you don't do anything for loyal trustworthy players. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG. Thank you.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've now seen confirmation from a preview player that dungeons chests are fully functional in the Mod 4 build.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • forumsutekidoforumsutekido Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Think the bug still there. Just run T2 FH and got the same loot I have gotten 3 weeks now.
  • madarcher8madarcher8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why can't fix this bug ???????????:confused::confused:
    The new player CAN'T DO anything for 3 weeks!! :mad::mad:
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug is intended to be. Why? let me explain.

We have DD that's a loot and AD refine for FREE.

We have one free key that's again loot and AD refine for FREE.

AND we can buy key to open chest in T2 which will most times if not always grant us 6k refine AD if it's trash drop.

Key for chest cost 5k AD.....sooo no need to be magister in math. We can farm dungeons non stop and have all in this game for FREE! just refining stuff.

That's why dungeon chest wont be fixed until devs rise prices for keys to 10k AD or make loot refine less then 5k.
  • hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2014

AND we can buy key to open chest in T2 which will most times if not always grant us 6k refine AD if it's trash drop.

Key for chest cost 5k AD.....sooo no need to be magister in math. We can farm dungeons non stop and have all in this game for FREE! just refining stuff.

That's why dungeon chest wont be fixed until devs rise prices for keys to 10k AD or make loot refine less then 5k.

you can repeat that loop only if you are lucky to find something worth (purple main hand, offhand, some piece of tier) but if you keep finding (ring, or belt or neck) its not really worth.

Also in T1 dungeon you can be sutck with blue items.

One friend is stuck with valindra tower chest dorpping same T1 ring ... so means he keep losing 2k ad each run :)

your analysis is totally wrong
    edited August 2014
    I've now seen confirmation from a preview player that dungeons chests are fully functional in the Mod 4 build.

And again, since it needs to be repeated.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hiukulimus wrote: »
    you can repeat that loop only if you are lucky to find something worth (purple main hand, offhand, some piece of tier) but if you keep finding (ring, or belt or neck) its not really worth.

Also in T1 dungeon you can be sutck with blue items.

One friend is stuck with valindra tower chest dorpping same T1 ring ... so means he keep losing 2k ad each run :)

your analysis is totally wrong

And what about premade party runs where everyone wins and shares loot?

Also i've been getting only T2 belts and rings from the same malabog or spellplague or even karru and ToS. Yep it can be a matter of luck but for all weeks untill chest buged i was winning prcious AD not loosing.
  • coldbore2coldbore2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And again, since it needs to be repeated.

And again.. Their game is still broken. So instead of taking care or their player base, and correcting their mistake, they're going to continue to turn a blind eye and deaf ear. If they "fixed" it on Mod 4 preview, then my goodness, take the small amount of time to fix the real content now. But hey, what's 6 weeks right? :rolleyes:
    edited August 2014
    They have managed to put a fix into the game for Mod 4, which will be released in a week.

Sadly, if they did a content patch this week, they'd have to compatibility test it with Mod 4. Which means that as broken as the dungeons are now, waiting until next week for the fix for the chests to go live, means it is less likely to break something else.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014

most of us are back log with rad
    my mains got 100-500 rad why in the 9 hells, should I salvage anything?.
    Salvaging it with other toons means my AD would remain there, cause most of us have full listings in ZAX.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • williamreedywilliamreedy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    carlonomo wrote: »
    3 weeks and still getting the same exact loot from chests, and also if you run the same dungon again during delves, the chest won't even spawn... it only spawns every other run you do... unless you change dungeons to something else and alternate. I have done about 20 VT runs and not a single dread breastplate has dropped for any class... I think that might be bugged as well.

I don't know if this has changed for you in the last few days, but I have seen the HR armor drop twice. However, I have only seen the Boots drop for my CW, so no fix as of yet to my knowledge.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As beckylunatic already stated a fix was implemented on preview already for the chest in the mod 4 build on preview. Yes the chest are working properly for giving different loot drops, and actually opening with keys and during the dd times.

BUG The dungeon delve notice on the right hand side of the screen no longer shows for me. It does not matter if the it is a dungeon delve time or I have the correct key for the dungeon type, however all chest open correctly.,

Only seen one issue where a chest was not unlocked for someone, however I believe, in each, they did not have a key in their inventory before the boss died. This happened to me in two different groups. One in fact did not have a key so I gave them one, ( to placate them) and of course it would not open, the other claimed to have a key but wanted to know how to access the wonderous bazaar from within the dungeon...you do the math.
  • impaylorrimpaylorr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ive successfully beaten VT at least 15 times this past week. I got the same exact item everytime. I dont want the ring of thayan zealot. Also has been happening in a lot of other dungeons. Im a guild leader, and guild mates are getting angry, and have stopped playing until this issue is fixed. Is it going to be repaired when MoD 4 drops???
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nope they will not get it fixed.
    First - you are lucky - you do item) I have done VT 2/2, MC 3/3 and other dungeons to the end just to see that I have daily dungeon key but chest is not opening. This is a "chest" bug. Not fixable by Cryptic.

I assume it is not a bug at all - by design. Same as Black Ice bracers and Black Ice main hand weapons - only 20% of players get 50+ of them. Then 80% don't get even 1 after "fix". And can not buy too. "By design"

Second - you are not the only one - I got 10 boots already. each one for 10k Ad. Still destroying those due to 24k rought AD limit. And I can not sell them also.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually, akromatik originally said it would get fixed sometime after mod4.

Then, in another thread, a player reported that the preview server seems to be absent of this bug.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • impaylorrimpaylorr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have ran VT countless times, and beaten it. I have gotten the same item each and every time. I keep getting the ring of thayan zealot which is something I really don't need. Ive had the same issue in other dungeons as well. Im a guild leader, and have noticed my guild going from active, to maybe 3 to 4 online at a time. None of my guild mates want to play until this bug is fixed, and I really cant blame them.
  • forumsutekidoforumsutekido Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is it fixed now?
  • volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't think so. Ran PK and Karru 1X got the same loot I have been getting. Haven't made a second run yet.
    edited August 2014
    Ran both Cloak tower and C Crypt twice and almost everyone got something different on each run.
  • volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yea, ran a bunch with guildies, 1st run will be the stuff you were getting before patch, subsequent runs grant randomized loot. Chest open bug may still be present though. -_-
    edited August 2014
    I did not run these for months and months on live. First time in a very long time.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    This should now be resolved. Closing this up now.

If this problem comes back or persists, please make a new thread or post in one that's already been remade. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.