test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chests bugged. Repeat loot. (Delves, Lairs & More)

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
just finished an epic SP

saw the chest, but couldn't open it

situation:

have epic dungeon key in inventory

don't have daily epic quest (didn't pick up since already had the key)

went in DURING dd event, finished SP after DD event

2 other ppl in the grp weren't able to open it as well
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is some kind of bug. Might be related to the CTA I'm not sure. Same thing happened to me tonight in PK.
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PK, ToS and a freaking Bummer in CN
    I usually organize the party and you know either you or cryptic always gets the blame!
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • siestria2siestria2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had the same problem with Caverns of Karrundax. Except I had the Daily Key and an epic key. It was not Dungeon Delve time. But we all had keys. No go on the chest for my party. Kicker is, one of them even had the notification saying dungeon chest unlocked, but couldn't open the chest.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's happened to me in epic SP, I joined a group that needed help with last boss. DD was already over but I had a daily key and couldn't open the chest.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    This is a bug, thanks for the reports!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • amselamsel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    This is a bug, thanks for the reports!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

thanks for a fix!

-.-

Heres how to fix it guys, wait till u get to the last fire before the last boss. then do the gm help, im stuck/unable to progress bit, get teled out. and return to instance via the button at the top of ur screen. You need the blue line of quest to have ur chest opened. NOT the yellow quest. For somereason this doesnt work at the start of the dungeon, but does at the end.

Happy trails
    PWE player Since 2008 ;D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It appears that DD chest gives a very consistent loot (always the same purple items) and not random one.

(many people over many runs. and exactly the same drops for each person, per each dungeon, is not a fluke or chance)
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Each dungeon has set rewards for their chests ,look here for what drops where - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve#Dungeon_Delves_.28Epic.29
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Each dungeon has set rewards for their chests ,look here for what drops where - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve#Dungeon_Delves_.28Epic.29

First iirc, that wiki page is about from beta and not relevant to current DD chests (since the change to choice on set items - m1).
    Secondly, please tell me the probability to get t2 set item (gloves for example) in more then 10 successive runs for one person, exactly the same belt for another person, and exactly the same ring for the third. All successive runs and more than 10 of them.
    In Karru, FH,VT..
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    First iirc, that wiki page is about from beta and not relevant to current DD chests (since the change to choice on set items - m1).
    Secondly, please tell me the probability to get t2 set item (gloves for example) in more then 10 successive runs for one person, exactly the same belt for another person, and exactly the same ring for the third. All successive runs and more than 10 of them.
    In Karru, FH,VT..
    I had to run Karru around 50 times to get gloves for mu GWF. Still they are there. With my CW i got them on 2nd run, in same time with CW, I had to run TOS many times before i get its T2.
    I believe for each class there is one of T2 dungeons with much lower drop rate for that specific T2 item. It is probably done on purpose just to keep people playing.
    edited July 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »

When you open the queue page click the dungeon you want and the flavor text at the bottom tells you what items drop in each dungeon , the NW wiki is kept up updated regularly and the information on the DD page is fully up to date , the chance to get drops is here - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve#Dungeon_Delve_chest_drop_rates
    edited July 2014
    People you missing the point, it's not my first alt i fully gear or toon,
    I did the dungeons hundreds of times (playing since beta).
    The probability that 3 different players will repeatedly get the same item is ..... very very low, not any T1 ring, but exacly the same t1 ring for more than 10 runs (back to back) !
    Same with a person getting the t2 set item more than 10 times in a row. for 10% chance for T2 set item to be in 10 repeated runs is 0.1^10 = 0.00000000001 chance. and we just stopped at 10 couse, well, it is futile...
    For exactly the same belt to drop it is (assuming something like 3 t2 belts total options) (0.25*0.3)^10 = 0.0000000000005

for this to happen to at least 4 different players simultaneously is not a chance, but a bug.

btw, the chance to win the lottery in the US is 7^-10 wich is a better chance than the events i wrote ^.

To clarify i'm talking about 10 out of 10 runs with the same item and not 10 rings out of 50 runs.
    (rings are example - happens with t2 set items too as i wrote earlier and drops like evoker in VT)

Imo, it's from the last patch and perhaps related to the same thing made them to cancel the Alchemist event
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It's possible that Mickey One Poo has a point.. I seem to be getting the same loot in the chest each time, since the patch... Admittedly, it's sometimes funny- clearing VT three times back to back and getting the Dread Legion MH three times is at least useful salvage.. but it's not terribly exciting.

Obviously, I may be suffering confirmation bias while exposed to a dreadfully streaky/clumpy PRNG, that's possible.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Other dungeons have usually seemed random in my experience, ocassionally you get the same loot twice in a row, but that can be due to RNG still.

The only exception seems to be VT. For a long while now, way before mod3, if I did multiple runs during DD, I would sometimes get the same loot repeated 3 or 4 times in a row. And other times, back to back runs can give different loot. I have no idea what causes multiple runs of VT to give the same loot, but it happens often enough to seem less like a coincidence from RNG.
  • junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Remember that time when VT had the share glitch? Well, about that time I was sure that everyone would get the same loot as the sharer.

Normally quests will tell you what reward you'll get upon competition, which would lead me to believe that the end reward is set upon entering the dungeon and auto-acquiring the quest.

With those in mind, wouldn't it be possible to be stuck getting the exact "same quest" multiple times? I suppose you're using DD keys? Maybe they're not giving you a "new quest", but the "last quest" that you got from DD event, maybe?

That's just a theory, btw...
    edited July 2014
    junichirou wrote: »
    Remember that time when VT had the share glitch? Well, about that time I was sure that everyone would get the same loot as the sharer.

Normally quests will tell you what reward you'll get upon competition, which would lead me to believe that the end reward is set upon entering the dungeon and auto-acquiring the quest.

With those in mind, wouldn't it be possible to be stuck getting the exact "same quest" multiple times? I suppose you're using DD keys? Maybe they're not giving you a "new quest", but the "last quest" that you got from DD event, maybe?

That's just a theory, btw...

Interesting idea, and yes, it seems like it is not refreshed correctly.
    Though i didn't used the keys, those have bugged and couldn't open the chest. So i ran the same dungeons during DD times.
    edited July 2014
    They stealth fixed the DD chest in regular versions of the dungeons that were giving out epic gear instead of basic gear last Thursday so maybe that could have messed up drops in the epic versions of the dungeons?
  • escapados2escapados2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Other dungeons have usually seemed random in my experience, ocassionally you get the same loot twice in a row, but that can be due to RNG still.

The only exception seems to be VT.

Same is true for MC. Same loot in the chest (not only epic gear but also shards) in about 10 runs. And for example one person in our team sad he'd got about 10 Invokers at VT, cause loot was the same.
  • acidskyacidsky Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    Its a BIG BUG i know alot of Diff Ppl getting the same loot over an over i myself hav been seeing the same loot for days now and hav given up on doing Dung runs right now cuz i know ill het a holy shard an a crapy ring from FH an a fire shard an belt from Tos an a frostburn an gloves from Karr an soul an ring from SP so Ya i know for 100% what ill get from chest an no one is telling us wth is going on or if they will fix it
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Ack, gearing those warlocks isn't going to be pretty, if you get locked into "crappy belt" for a specific dungeon..
  • boghy89boghy89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ive done 12 Tos runs and got only the same neck an always same soulforge enchant, ie done fh and get only same t1 ring and soulforge enchant, this has nothing to do with chances/bad luck or anything its simply broken, but who cares? Not the devs ofc they only find ways to make ppl pay more money and spend more time farming..... sosick of this ****
  • hahalagghahalagg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i have been running fh and karrun, and yes. in karrun i keep getting same belt and in fh i keep getting the same ring...
    edited July 2014
    And guess what? Since its Pw no one cares about this >< I dunno what to do anymore when i loggin sicne i do all t2's for nothing bcs same items drop all over again, thinkin on quiting the game if its not fixed asap
  • domo232domo232 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, I've got the same. Since last patch, I've been about 40 times in Epic Temple of Spider. Sometimes chest at end was completly bugged and i didn't can open it (of course i've got key). BUT if i can open chest, I always got 1 Belt, 1 vorpal shard, and 10 Drake. I opened about 20 chest and nothing, any necklake and any armor. I think its a bug.
  • hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    Happened to me also, multiple run in VT, T1, T2 and nothing but same loot...

Its like yoou get locked to only that drop.

I was happy that to me in VT i keep dropping the main hand ... but some other ppl where dropping ring (3K AD salavaged)... not even enough to refund the price of epic dungeon key(5k AD )...

Fix it... asap...

really bothering player base.
    edited July 2014
    Its kinda gamebreaking they should fix it asap i logg in and stay in Pe and just chat in guild... i cant play anymore since all i do is dung, and nothing useful drops, WAKE UP PW !
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Run 3rd VT and got 3rd talisman. Something is messed up. Look into this, please.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • bubormanokbubormanok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Didn't work for me. DD chest won't unlock even after GM Help. I have both Daily Key & Epic Key. I've placed either 1 of the key in bank but still didn't fix the problem. Any alternative? Hope Devs fix this ASAP in next maintenance.
  • tehsigtehsig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2014
    I started doing VT since the last patch, and in each of the 13 runs I've done since, I've received the the same loot reward. The 7 or 8 people I've run with in that time each confirms he or she also keeps receiving the same rewards from the chest. Thank goodness the loot from Valindra changes; we got her crown once and several fragments since.

What's not present in this bug report is how frequently a group of us completes the dungeon with or without keys in hand, during or not during DD, and when we return to run the place again, often the "Chest Unlocked" message doesn't appear. We do all kinds of things to address this, from leaving dungeon to logging out to leaving party altogether, to deleting our accounts, re-rolling to 60, getting the boons again, unlocking VT and then discovering the chest STILL won't trigger. (some of this post may have lapsed into hyperbole towards the end as we got ever more desperate.)
  • wolfers1969wolfers1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I and several members of my Guild are experiencing the same things. We have run many dung in the past and never have we received the same items this many times. I have received the bracers from VT on 4 runs. One of my mates has received the envoker pet like 10 times. Don't get me wrong he is raking in the AD from the sales in the AH. But we would rather be able to gear up our toons than just make money.

We ask the PWE look into this as well as the fix they did for the T1 chests as it seems it started happening about the same time. Or maybe make them BOE for the time being as a quick fix to help everyone out.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance..
This discussion has been closed.