test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chests bugged. Repeat loot. (Delves, Lairs & More)

Comments

• letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I actually stop playing, after my tos runs, and just logging in to see if the bug still exist.
    Idk if I can really wait for mod 4 or just move on.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • forumsutekidoforumsutekido Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No admin/grandmaster can take a look at this thread and give us some reply? Please
  • volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And one week later all we have is 'this is a bug'. This is game-breaking. I was running MC with my guild earlier, two were under delves and the second run the chest was locked, despite even having a key in my inventory. After that run, we broke team and re-formed, only one person had the bug, we ran a 4th time and only one person had the chest open, and that was his first time on that character today. Also the bug with getting the exact same loot. I am not only appalled at the fact that it got broke because a CTA was turned on and some totally disrelated changes were made (unless the change for the Kessel's drop-rate is what caused this) but appalled that we are getting no response of any kind from an admin. This is going to only discourage people from playing this game with it's terrible economy, an economy which THEY shape.
  • stripiestfilly0stripiestfilly0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    + to bug report
    I have been hammering at FH to get AoW boots, and only get shard and undeath belt [last 12 odd runs]
    please inform us of whats going on in relation to this , I am also shocked that so many ppl are NOT affected by this, or choose not to post
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    +1 bump... lets keep it up on the list....

2 weeks since this bug... still not fixed and this game has core around dungeons... and they are broken...
    edited July 2014
    Bump.

This bug is so stupid. Do we all have to emo-rage all over the boards to get something more than a forum admin saying 'this is a bug, thanks'?
  • boghy89boghy89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bump.
    This is ridiculous, and shameful, What are u guys at Pw getting payd for ?><
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    volchitsa wrote: »
    Bump.

This bug is so stupid. Do we all have to emo-rage all over the boards to get something more than a forum admin saying 'this is a bug, thanks'?
    An Admin/Dev already acknowledged this bug? I must've missed it. You have a link?
    My family has decided to quit playing until this bug is resolved.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • stripiestfilly0stripiestfilly0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This needs to be addressed by devs in SOME FORM , please communicate with us so we know whats going on.
    This bug IS game breaking - I am finding it harder and harder to get dungeon time because more people are realising the problem.
    Sorcerer.jpg
    edited July 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    An Admin/Dev already acknowledged this bug? I must've missed it. You have a link?
    My family has decided to quit playing until this bug is resolved.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?711661-are-DD-chests-bugged-or-how-does-DD-event-work

7th post down, a frakking community mod acknowledged it, not even a dev or something.
  • boghy89boghy89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I simply cannot understand this, the silenece from behalf of the Pw is like they admit to ignore this bugg.
    There wasnt a single game in 10+ years of gaming where the company providing the game/hosting etc, would do such a thing stay silent and do nothing this behaivior reminds me of my younger years when a friend of mine had a MU-Online server in his mothers home and get donations and didnt care about the server and after 500$ and 6 months of activity he closed it like im rich suckers ! ><
    edited July 2014
    Please fix it. It has been like this for two weeks now.
  • sesepark505sesepark505 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    Interesting idea, and yes, it seems like it is not refreshed correctly.
    Though i didn't used the keys, those have bugged and couldn't open the chest. So i ran the same dungeons during DD times.

Been running Idris/ MD and PK for my last 10 dungeons.. Did some during DD time bought keys 4 times... got the same loot from all the dungeons... don't tell me this isn't a bug... my epic key was worth more in AD than the salvage value of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot :/
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    This is a bug, thanks for the reports!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

Yes this happens to me a lot too. so far around 5 times in the last 3 days.. I believe there's also a bug in the epic loot once you do get to open the chest... Here's my post in a different thread:

Been running Idris/ MD and PK for my last 10 dungeons.. Did some during DD time bought keys 4 times... got the same loot from all the dungeons... don't tell me this isn't a bug... my epic key was worth more in AD than the salvage value of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot :/
  • c0ttyc0tty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bump , Save your PvE ...
  • cpthowdeycpthowdey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i would like to officially respond on behalf of the devs ... dear players .. shut up and give us money .. that is all
  • xd108xxd108x Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yep have been getting the same loot from DD chest in MC for the last week, that is no coincidence. I would just not bother doing dungeons for T1/T2 sets at the moment till they fix it. Places like VT and MC are still ok with this bug tho since you are at least still getting tokens needed for the armour set.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    xd108x wrote: »
    Yep have been getting the same loot from DD chest in MC for the last week, that is no coincidence. I would just not bother doing dungeons for T1/T2 sets at the moment till they fix it. Places like VT and MC are still ok with this bug tho since you are at least still getting tokens needed for the armour set.

Yeah, at least I'm locked in to a 10k RAD item from VT, if nothing else.. This sort of thing, coupled with the $99 Dragonborn Horse Armour Pack[tm] is putting me off the game just a bit.. I'm not sure I even invoked yesterday.

(The death of the legit channel at the hands of a single constant bore who just drove many of the players out isn't helping either, I admit. Very little PvE to be had.)
  • dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    + to bug report
    I have been hammering at FH to get AoW boots, and only get shard and undeath belt [last 12 odd runs]
    please inform us of whats going on in relation to this , I am also shocked that so many ppl are NOT affected by this, or choose not to post

It also happens to me i think, but on valindra's tower, i always get the dread ring off hand, always...

made like 10 VT runs and always the same drop from the chest.

It is a bug? or im just unlucky?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, it is a bug. The loot randomizer is broken and you're stuck with whatever you're currently getting.

I want to say that this bug materialized when they fixed (undocumented, btw, so don't look for it) heroic dungeon chests dropping epic loot for level 60s. I think the timelines match.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, it is a bug. The loot randomizer is broken and you're stuck with whatever you're currently getting.

I haven't run a DD since it was "fixed". Tired of getting the same necklace over and over in PK/SP/FH.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

I want to say that this bug materialized when they fixed (undocumented, btw, so don't look for it) heroic dungeon chests dropping epic loot for level 60s. I think the timelines match.

I'm fairly sure they do, from what I remember. I was pleased that they fixed the exploit with non-epic dungeon chests giving epic loot. Silly me- at this point, the cure seems more of a menace than the disease.
    edited July 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure they do, from what I remember. I was pleased that they fixed the exploit with non-epic dungeon chests giving epic loot. Silly me- at this point, the cure seems more of a menace than the disease.

Yeah. losing some interest in the game because of this.. the whole scourge warlock coming and dragonborn race thing piqued my interest... was even contemplating on buying the 75$ pack but if the devs don't even address problems like these then my money might be better spent elsewhere.. Holding off on my purchase for now.. Still happy with what I've played with so far nonetheless.. glad I've only spent 10$ on it.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is so ridicolous that this is not fixed ASAP!
    Its like Cryptic trying to intentionally mess up their own game and chasing customere away.

All the creative work of designers and writers down the toilet because of this horrible bug fix managment.

Welcome to *******!
    edited July 2014
    That is what this softare company "Perfect world" is good at doing - They focus on wrong things, instead of fix huge bugs in the game they lay all time to release new expansions, that therefore will just increase more bugs. This is top 1 game good at having bugs.
    edited July 2014
    Please fix
  • nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've completely given up with respect to this. It's apparent to me at this point the their upcoming Module 4 as well as new zen purchases are much more important than than in-game progression to them. This is a real shame and the reputation they are getting from these types of problems on other mmo sites are alarming.

Funny thing is I need to buy zen to convert to AD to buy a few high level enchants... Not going to do that until I get the armor pieces I need from chests though. So by not fixing this, they kinda hurt themselves....
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If it wasn't intentional, it would have been fixed long ago.
    There are some other bugs obviously intentionally kept unfixed - like GWF roaring, HR healing, CW wrong damage calculation, TR augmented companion not going on stealth, etc.
    We will see tomorrow after patch, really hope I am wrong.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    If it wasn't intentional, it would have been fixed long ago.
    There are some other bugs obviously intentionally kept unfixed - like GWF roaring, HR healing, CW wrong damage calculation, TR augmented companion not going on stealth, etc.
    We will see tomorrow after patch, really hope I am wrong.

Just curious as to why you think it may be intentional as it stops people from spending money? In my opinion, I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory, and think that its just a matter of they got too much happening. They have built too many roads too quickly and don't have the infrastructure to maintain them. They should have played SimCity to learn that lesson :D.
This discussion has been closed.