test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New armor reinforcement kits

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It can be considered as an AD sink, at rank 20 it might cost 100k i.e each enchant, once you have used it in a piece of gear you are unable to remove it, some people have gear for pvp, for pve, for solo content, etc, so it's gone after you have used it. If you get new gear you have to buy or craft 4 kits again, as long as the required mats are expensive they will keep a fixed price in the AH.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I think it's brilliant as an AD sink.

Whether you make it yourself or buy it off the AH, it's gong to be pulling AD out of the economy, and it's priced low enough that most people will use it: if you're really broke you make/buy the mid-level ones for 15k AD each; once you have more AD you make/buy the top-level ones for, say, 50 or 100k AD each.

This is the level of AD sink people have been asking for, much cheaper than upgrading companions or mounts, and likely to be used multiple times by just about everyone.

Pricing the third level of kits will be tricky; I wouldn't go over 100k, and I think 50k - 75k will be better: about 4x the cost of the mid-level kits for just double the stats.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    agreed, keep them bound on equip
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They won't be BoP. It's impractical that a CW who wants Recovery and HP has to level up Mailsmithing and Platesmithing.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ooooh, this looks pretty sweet. Gives a really solid reason to work on an armor profession, rather than just leadership.
  • elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited July 2014
    The only thing that bugs me is that the Mailsmithing crafts 2 offensive stats and Platesmithing crafts 2 defensive stats while the others craft 1 offensive and 1 defensive stat. My suggestion would be to move one of the offensive stats to platesmithing and 1 of the defensive stats to mailsmithing.
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    So it's not tailoring for CW?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    elve wrote: »
    The only thing that bugs me is that the Mailsmithing crafts 2 offensive stats and Platesmithing crafts 2 defensive stats while the others craft 1 offensive and 1 defensive stat. My suggestion would be to move one of the offensive stats to platesmithing and 1 of the defensive stats to mailsmithing.

Uh...why? If you don't want one of the kits you can make, just trade....surely there must be someone else who wants a defensive kit instead of whatever he/she can make.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited July 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The current Reinforcement kits will be lowered to rank 15 and min level 45 items required. There will be a lesser version at rank 8 (+25 stat) with no min required item level and a greater version (+100 stat) at rank 20 with min item level 60 required.

What I really question is whether there is any point in the lowest-rank kits. They are not really that useful for low-level players, as they change their gear so frequently (and unlike regular enchants, you cannot "unslot" those, so they would quickly be wasted ), and level 60 players will surely want the best kits for the 400 points they add to the GS. The middle kits might be useful to players that just hit lvl 60, to give them a relatively inexpensive boost while gearing up, but I really don's see a scenario for using the +25 kits - unless they are really, really inexpensive to make (no AD cost, for example)
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know how to get the greater versions ? i can only see the +50 ones on preview.
    edited July 2014
    Not in game yet, nor are the level 15 kits.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    so will we get same for weapons?
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    so will we get same for weapons?
    Eventually, in other words not in Tyranny of Dragons.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Would be really cool IMO if the weapon kits DIDNT just increase stats but actual weapon damage....

If I remember right 1 weapon damage = something like 20-25 power? So it could still be the same "net effect" however just not necessarily based around "power/crit" stats...

Just an idea...

Might create some complications with some classes like TR able to get double the benefits, but I guess thats really not much of an issue TBH. Could do something special for GFs with granting +AC to shields or something cool as well.. Like +2 AC instead of stats like "defense"
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014

+1 for an honest answer.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Would be really cool IMO if the weapon kits DIDNT just increase stats but actual weapon damage....

Which is why you aren't getting them in ToD. I'm not saying that this will happen, but I'd like it to and we just didn't have enough programmer time to make it happen
    edited July 2014
    So I headed onto Preview to check out the new levels of armor kits. I will use Leatherworking as an example:

Tier 1: lvl 8 crafting, requires 5 each Desert Rose and Dark Clover, 6 Tough Leather, and 500 AD - gives 25 crit or deflect
    Tier 2: lvl 15 crafting, requires 5 each Desert Rose and Dark Clover, 6 Exotic Leather, Arcane Shard and 15k AD - gives 50 crit or deflect
    Tier 3: lvl 20 crafting, requires 5 each Desert Rose and Dk Clover, 6 Exotic Leather, Dragon Egg and 50k AD - for 100 crit or deflect
    Time to craft: 4 hours/12 hours/24 hours respectively

Unless we have an event soon that drops a lot of Dragon Eggs, we're going to be in trouble: between the high-end armor kits and the Emperor's Shirts and Pants, as well as Exquisite pants and shirts for all the coming Scourge Warlocks, dragon egg supplies are going to dry up.

Edit: And looking at the AH, people have already figured that out.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah the Dragon egg and 50k each xD painful
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even the 15k one is too pricey - we're talking about an extra 50 stat points here - for your average player, they would probably get better mileage by using some preservation wards and upgrading their regular enchantments a rank or so. The 500 AD ones are sensible - the others should be 2k, 10k and NO dragon egg. Another option might be to add a way to convert blue resources into dragon eggs, or add a daily quest to earn them.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And....now Dragon Eggs have shot up to over 180k each :/
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    And....now Dragon Eggs have shot up to over 180k each :/
    **** should have held onto mine that means the top end ones are gonna sell anywhere between 200k-500k
  • imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Perhaps adding a VERY limited quantity item to the required ingredients list is a bit shortsighted.

Using dragon eggs, which have very very limited sources (unless there a new source coming in Mod 4) in the recipe for the T3 reinforcement kit wasn't though out fully. I recognize the desire to add some sort of throttle on adding best in slot gear improvements etc, but this seems a bit much. Case in point, there are currently (as of a few hours ago) about 40 TOTAL dragon eggs on the AH. This sudden shortfall is likely attributed to the recent patch on preview leading people to stock up as fast as possible. It did additionally drive the price up by almost triple, now if you decide to buy one. I know occasionally there are events etc that make spikes in the total quantity available, but this could really use another look, perhaps. I am not trying to say that everybody should have the best items in the game, but I am 90% certain that this is really gonna put a hamper on people getting them in a reasonable timeframe. Add to this, that assuming people upgrade their gear down the road, which they will do inevitably, they will need even more dragon eggs. I can understand needing to create and AD sink of sorts, but this is not the way. Just my humble 2 copper.

Edit: Just checked the AH again. There are now at least double the eggs as a few hours ago, and the prices are dropping slowly. Even still, I recommend 1 of 2 options. If you are gonna keep dragon eggs in the recipe, please add them to the loot tables of the dragons or something. Or, take them out and replace them with a regular rare resource, like eldritch stones or something that you can ACTUALLY get during normal play.
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Even the 15k one is too pricey - we're talking about an extra 50 stat points here - for your average player, they would probably get better mileage by using some preservation wards and upgrading their regular enchantments a rank or so. The 500 AD ones are sensible - the others should be 2k, 10k and NO dragon egg. Another option might be to add a way to convert blue resources into dragon eggs, or add a daily quest to earn them.

While I agree, that at first 15k sounds a bit pricey, but think how much of a difference in price rank 5 is to rank 6. This is about the same, for more gain.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wonders of Gond might drop Dragon eggs somehow? Gond is a crafting god so maybe the event will have drops that might have a chance to drop Dragon eggs and other crafting materials.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of the new content would very rarely drop some Dragon Eggs. Dragons are kind of part of the theme of mod4 after all ...
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Eggs will be bad for a while. If you remember what Epic shirts and pants cost when HR came out you will realize why given that you have at best a 60% chance of Class 3 result. The empowerment is making that worse but that looks to be the shape of things.
    edited July 2014
    Well, the other problem is this:

New class means more shirt/pants demand, thus increased egg demand.

New "Emperor Shirt/Pants" uses dragon egg, thus even more egg demand.

I realize that dragon egg, and subsequently shirt/pants prices skyrocketed when HR hit, but this will make it even worse than that.

Think about it like this, currently each character uses an average of 3 eggs (based on 60% success rate). This will make the average character use up an average of 9 (I don't recall if the emperor shirt/pants is a rare with failure %, add 1 egg if so). This is triple the current usage, which means that theoretically it will triple the egg cost (supply and demand and all that). I am not an economics major, but that is just my feels on the subject.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh wow, ouch. Just took a look at these tasks for myself. I do appreciate them as a sink for various resources I have flooding my bags, and a way of flushing some AD out of the system, but dragon eggs are an extremely limited resource in the Neverwinter economy, and I agree that unless a permanent way of obtaining them with some regularity is added, the sheer number of new uses for them is going to create extreme pressure on the supply.

Consider also that some players actually use multiple armor sets, swapping them according to what they're doing. That kind of min-max player is absolutely going to reinforce everything to the utmost that they can. And since reinforcements don't have to be permanent if you want to change them, the demand for eggs will be greater than the above estimate. (Though not everyone will necessarily want the Emperor items.)

Emperor shirt and pants do not have a chance of failure, and neither do the reinforcement kits, so they won't waste any eggs like other items that use them can.

If they become a possible epic resource drop for the ToD heroic encounters, then we have nothing to worry about (other than people complaining that their eggs aren't worth enough anymore). Events (event dragon egg drops have had the snot nerfed out of them), lockbox profession packs, and even Zen packs are not reliable steady sources.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2014
    The problem could be solved by making dragon eggs a rare drop from the Dragon HEs - would make kind-of thematic sense too....
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone tried cross-gear/class thingy. Take the CW Tailor'd ArPen Kit and add it to a GF Plate. ;)