New armor reinforcement kits

lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
9d9538029500ad7f25cdb38dce8b36fd.png

2i9h441.jpg

Each profession have his own couple of kits that can be crafted:
  • Mailsmithing: Power, Recovery.
  • Platesmithing: Defense, HP.
  • Leatherworking: Critical, Deflection.
  • Tailoring: Life Steal, Armor Penetration.

You need your profession at lv 20, there's only 1 tier and so far I haven't seen a rare recipe. Each kit offers 50 stat points for a single piece: head, armor, arms and feets, doesn't stack so you can reinforce your piece only with one kit for a total of 200 stat points.

Looks like a good addition but offers a very small gain. What do you think?
fkze9t.jpg
▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
Post edited by lazaroth666 on

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can't argue with an improvement. I was able to add 200 Armor Pen to my gear. This means I could change an enchantment for more Power. :cool:
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd rather have an option to upgrade T1 armors to T2 stats to be honest.
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    The current Reinforcement kits will be lowered to rank 15 and min level 45 items required. There will be a lesser version at rank 8 (+25 stat) with no min required item level and a greater version (+100 stat) at rank 20 with min item level 60 required.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The current Reinforcement kits will be lowered to rank 15 and min level 45 items required. There will be a lesser version at rank 8 (+25 stat) with no min required item level and a greater version (+100 stat) at rank 20 with min item level 60 required.

+100 each, total +400 stat points, now that's very nice. :)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow very nice .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nice, actual AD sink that makes professions more useful
    Now I only wait for some craftable bags, fashion items, weapon/armor transmutes, companions (from leadership mostly) and perhaps coal wards (the last one could be neat for 5-10 preservation wards + 10k-100k AD)
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can you later "overwrite" a reinforced piece of armor with another kit?
    edited July 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Can you later "overwrite" a reinforced piece of armor with another kit?

Yes, you can overwrite them but the old one will be destroyed.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    how does it exacly work?
    like i reinforce piece of gear so it gains additional stats points?
    edited July 2014
    how does it exacly work?
    like i reinforce piece of gear so it gains additional stats points?

It's very simple, let's say I crafted a +50 recovery "reinforcing kit", click on it and then click in the gear and that's all, the piece will look like this:

nbce1f.jpg
    fkze9t.jpg
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I'd rather have an option to upgrade T1 armors to T2 stats to be honest.
    I agree, this would be very nice.
    edited July 2014
    It's very simple, let's say I crafted a +50 recovery "reinforcing kit", click on it and then click in the gear and that's all, the piece will look like this:

nbce1f.jpg

thank you.
  • kempo23kempo23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are these reinforcement kits BOP?
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Do the hp Reinforcment kits follow the x4 multiple bonus or it's only 25/50/100 hp?
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Awesome news!
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Question: Are the kits tradeable? Or does the character who wants to reinforce his gear have the profession at lvl20?
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BoE.

I was able to place kits in the AH (in their own category under "Consumables) after I crafted them.

Edited to add the various kits:

Mailcrafting: Power and Recovery
    Tailoring: Armor Pen and Lifesteal
    Leatherworking: Crit and Deflection
    Platesmithing: Defense and Hitpoints
  • axhind77axhind77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In preview they don't, but, are this reinforcements planned to have a tier? (meaning required purple assets)
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    axhind77 wrote: »
    In preview they don't, but, are this reinforcements planned to have a tier? (meaning required purple assets)

do i need to start leveling professions?

i hope these things are bound.. will they be bound to account, character or what?
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    do i need to start leveling professions?

i hope these things are bound.. will they be bound to account, character or what?

As I posted just above, the kits are BoE, and to be found in the AH under Consumables.

So, no, you don't need to level professions to get them. And why would you hope they were bound? Shouldn't everyone have the chance to get the stat increase, just like everyone can slot enchantments?

And to answer axhind77,there is no reason for tiers -- each of the 3 planned kits will give you fixed amount of stats: 25/50/100 (or 100/200/400 in the case of hitpoints) -- so no need for mithral tools.

However, the tasks take 24 hours, so upgraded workers will speed the task.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One thing I didn't check...and I'm away from my game computer now..can I use any kit for any armor or are there restrictions?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    As darkstarcrash posted above. all of these kits are freely tradeable and will be found on the Auction House under Consumables/Armor Reinforcement kits.

There are currently no plans for tiered results requiring Epic tools to make an Armor Reinforcement Kit. The most we have thought about is to give a rebate on the AD cost for higher tier results.

Hit Points kits follow the standard x4 multiplier so the best Hit Points kit will give 400 hp instead of the +100 stat.
    edited July 2014
    As darkstarcrash posted above. all of these kits are freely tradeable and will be found on the Auction House under Consumables/Armor Reinforcement kits.

There are currently no plans for tiered results requiring Epic tools to make an Armor Reinforcement Kit. The most we have thought about is to give a rebate on the AD cost for higher tier results.

Hit Points kits follow the standard x4 multiplier so the best Hit Points kit will give 400 hp instead of the +100 stat.

seems right! now we just need to make the trickster rogue actually a dps and we are set for mod 4 ^^
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    @graalx3

I highly suggest making these BOP.

Right now, everyone has thousands of those ingredients. What will happen is, these enchants will flood the auction house at 17-19k a piece which is negligible to the 15k raw cost.

There will be no reason to level up your profession since you can just buy it on the auction house without overpaying much...if at all.
    edited July 2014
    will we get same for weapons?
    edited July 2014
    @graalx3

Right now, everyone has thousands of those ingredients. What will happen is, these enchants will flood the auction house at 17-19k a piece which is negligible to the 15k raw cost.

There will be no reason to level up your profession since you can just buy it on the auction house without overpaying much...if at all.

Again, I ask why is this a problem?

Leveling your profession to 20 is just a matter of time if you restrict yourself to gathering tasks, but some people don't enjoy crafting. So why do you want to require people to have level 20 armor-crafting to get what is essentially an extra enchantment?

Frankly, I enjoy crafting, and I will enjoy selling kits to people who don't. :P
    edited July 2014
    @graalx3

Again, I ask why is this a problem?

Leveling your profession to 20 is just a matter of time if you restrict yourself to gathering tasks, but some people don't enjoy crafting. So why do you want to require people to have level 20 armor-crafting to get what is essentially an extra enchantment?

Frankly, I enjoy crafting, and I will enjoy selling kits to people who don't. :P

i agree with rashylewizz!
    what's the meaning of adding new contents/gears if one can just open the AH, waste the AD gained in few days and gear up with the new enchants? basically a new feature of the module completed in 30 minutes from the start of the module itself.

i dont have nothing maxed but weaponsmithing, this at least will give player alternatives to leadership while stopping some for times the inflaction of the same AD due to leadership abuser.
    edited July 2014
    If you get 4 refinement kits 30 minutes from the start of the module, you won't be getting them for "the AD gained in a few days" -- since they take 24 hours to craft. Any kits going on the AH right away will be from canceled tasks, with canceling costing up to 100k or so above the AD cost of the task itself.

I'm not discouraging you from leveling tailoring or platesmithing or whatever yourself - in fact, you should be doing it right now!

But looking at this from a crafter's point of view, here is a task that can earn us some AD, without requiring mithral tools. Sounds good to me. The length of the task has to put a floor on the selling price, I would think. And it will be steady income -- you can't remove the kit like you can enchantments, so people will need new kits every time they change gear. (Although I don't recommend using the kits pre-60, unless the lowest tier kits are very cheap to make).
    edited July 2014
    If you get 4 refinement kits 30 minutes from the start of the module, you won't be getting them for "the AD gained in a few days" -- since they take 24 hours to craft. Any kits going on the AH right away will be from canceled tasks, with canceling costing up to 100k or so above the AD cost of the task itself.

I'm not discouraging you from leveling tailoring or platesmithing or whatever yourself - in fact, you should be doing it right now!

But looking at this from a crafter's point of view, here is a task that can earn us some AD, without requiring mithral tools. Sounds good to me. The length of the task has to put a floor on the selling price, I would think. And it will be steady income -- you can't remove the kit like you can enchantments, so people will need new kits every time they change gear. (Although I don't recommend using the kits pre-60, unless the lowest tier kits are very cheap to make).
    there is no real crafting in this game. So at least give a reason to the players to do some minimal crafting