What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR 2014 list of bugged and useless skills

Comments

• Options
    jessieflorajessieflora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why? There are few mobs in PvE that will fall to WoB and the TR threatens no class in AE damage capability.

Also, the description was before the initial TR nerfs where their abilities used to actually do damage and before the other two dailies were reduced to be less than WoB and entirely useless for damage. This is realistically the only damage daily the TR has left and they are a striker after all -- one that falls consistently at the bottom of the damage charts.

Oh no! Are they going to ‘fix’ Whirlwind of Blades to solve yet another moot PvP bellyache?

WB is useful for trash in dungeons. We have no other daily that does significant damage. TR’s have been totally nerfed as a DPS class. I was not part of the ‘old days’ but I certainly would like to see TR’s be able to do some significant damage. I watch CWs, GWFs, and HRs do damage I can only dream of. And TRs can only afford one encounter that does damage.

06-29-2014, 09:44 AM#45
    nikofromcroatia

Wicked Reminder = No use in PvP..Little damage, Debuff is minimal. Purely PvE skill used on Bosses.
    Smoke Bomb = No Damage, Purely PvE skill. One of the skills I Referred to that has no damage and takes up a slot.
    ITC = No Damage, survival based encounter. Another skill "Every" TR takes.
    Bait And Switch = No Damage, Survival based encounter
    Shadow Strike = Low damage, survivial based encounter.

As a DPS class, our Encounters all got neutered and have no DPS.
  • Options
    iwaslaggingiwaslagging Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    ust nerf the **** thing no one cares wouldnt change a thing lol
    trs dont realy need it in pvp anyway .
    and pve is a biggest joke in the game
    u have 3 classes thats it
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh no! Are they going to ‘fix’ Whirlwind of Blades to solve yet another moot PvP bellyache?

WB is useful for trash in dungeons. We have no other daily that does significant damage. TR’s have been totally nerfed as a DPS class. I was not part of the ‘old days’ but I certainly would like to see TR’s be able to do some significant damage. I watch CWs, GWFs, and HRs do damage I can only dream of. And TRs can only afford one encounter that does damage.

06-29-2014, 09:44 AM#45
    nikofromcroatia

Wicked Reminder = No use in PvP..Little damage, Debuff is minimal. Purely PvE skill used on Bosses.
    Smoke Bomb = No Damage, Purely PvE skill. One of the skills I Referred to that has no damage and takes up a slot.
    ITC = No Damage, survival based encounter. Another skill "Every" TR takes.
    Bait And Switch = No Damage, Survival based encounter
    Shadow Strike = Low damage, survivial based encounter.

As a DPS class, our Encounters all got neutered and have no DPS.

You're naming encounters that have never, ever been touched by the devs.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is not my responsibility to not be an idiot.
    Okay. You can stop posting as well.
  • Options
    jessieflorajessieflora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You're naming encounters that have never, ever been touched by the devs.

The significant point is that the TR has been nerfed to such an extent it has been destroyed
    as a DPS class (see also above on use of encounter powers). And yet here we are again with another moot PvP bellyache. This time requesting that the daily WoB is nerfed.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The significant point is that the TR has been nerfed to such an extent it has been destroyed
    as a DPS class (see also above on use of encounter powers). And yet here we are again with another moot PvP bellyache. This time requesting that the daily WoB is nerfed.

...the significant irony being that many TRs still refuse to accept that the "good ol' days" of one-shot TR builds were frankly, OP to the max, when viewed fairly in the eyes of balance.

The truth still stands, that the damage nerf to some key powers were warranted. There's no weasling out of that fact. The real problem is the developers took the easiest cop-out method of dealing with complaints -- they just plain flat-nerfed damage, but instead never tweaked the TR class itself to have a real use/utility/style that didn't rely on such big damage. I've repeated myself many times, but let this still be the gospel -- what us TRs need is not 'damage' reminiscent of olden days. What we need is more actual combat utility and CCs that befits the future of the class.

Need more tweaks to exisiting utility/CC powers so it is actually useful for befuddling, confusing, annoying and enraging our opponents... as well as need more new CCs so that we can use our lowered damage efficiently and (relatively) safely.

Heed ye this question; we're the "Trickster" Rogues... but how many of our skills actually "trick" the enemy in PvP in any meaning of the word? :D
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Heed ye this question; we're the "Trickster" Rogues... but how many of our skills actually "trick" the enemy in PvP in any meaning of the word? :D

Bait n Switch...with its big, glaring TRICKED note that (if by any chance a dumb player hasn't already realized it) prompts any right-minded person that it's not you. Talk about counter intuitive. -_-
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Bait n Switch...with its big, glaring TRICKED note that (if by any chance a dumb player hasn't already realized it) prompts any right-minded person that it's not you. Talk about counter intuitive. -_-

If only "TRICKED" status actually did something in PvP lol.. :D

I'd settle for something like a 10sec AoE damage debuff the moment it spawns.. or anything like that.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...the significant irony being that many TRs still refuse to accept that the "good ol' days" of one-shot TR builds were frankly, OP to the max, when viewed fairly in the eyes of balance.

The truth still stands, that the damage nerf to some key powers were warranted. There's no weasling out of that fact. The real problem is the developers took the easiest cop-out method of dealing with complaints -- they just plain flat-nerfed damage, but instead never tweaked the TR class itself to have a real use/utility/style that didn't rely on such big damage. I've repeated myself many times, but let this still be the gospel -- what us TRs need is not 'damage' reminiscent of olden days. What we need is more actual combat utility and CCs that befits the future of the class.

Need more tweaks to exisiting utility/CC powers so it is actually useful for befuddling, confusing, annoying and enraging our opponents... as well as need more new CCs so that we can use our lowered damage efficiently and (relatively) safely.

Ever since you accused me of being a genocidal <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because I found people jumping around like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all the time to be annoying I hold no value in anything you say. You can play this game of pretending to have a rogues interest at heart when in fact you want to control it to be something that doesn't threaten you. You tipped your hand too many times and there is no coming back from that.
  • Options
    ajeed04ajeed04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    seriously if tr can crit 20k thats with pve feats,with no stealth,worst survival in the game class.
    enough said.

Or they have vorpal. I'm permastealth with P.Vorp and my WoB crits get near 30k. I have 2200 kills and 22 deaths in domination. No survival FTL
    running around and never capping lool
    which top tr did u kill 1v1
    i know that build.......u just leave
    when real tr comes on cap
    so before calling out any tr u should proly beat one 1v1 with
    full hp ,not coming to only daily him
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ajeed04 wrote: »
    Or they have vorpal. I'm permastealth with P.Vorp and my WoB crits get near 30k. I have 2200 kills and 22 deaths in domination. No survival FTL

i killed you easy 1v1 u cant df if your life depended on it
    whats the point killing pug when u cant play your class
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ever since you accused me of being a genocidal <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because I found people jumping around like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all the time to be annoying I hold no value in anything you say. You can play this game of pretending to have a rogues interest at heart when in fact you want to control it to be something that doesn't threaten you. You tipped your hand too many times and there is no coming back from that.

u were being
    hard but fair
    and that is
    sad but true
  • Options
    edited July 2014

You didn't find it just 'annoying'. Ain't it friggin' convenient to casually leave out the fact that you not only found something annoying, but went forward as to suggest that people be penalized/punished because you found them annoying, despite they weren't doing anything wrong.

Suggesting to punish people based on your personal hatred or annoyance -- sounds like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to me. Wouldn't you agree?

Or if you want to self-penalize yourself and remove your existence from the game, then you have a deal there. I'd settle for continuous jumping around be penalized, if you just go jump in a septic tank or something. I find forum <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to be very annoying myself, so based on your own line of logic, I have a right to ask you be penalized :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    i killed you easy 1v1 u cant df if your life depended on it
    whats the point killing pug when u cant play your class

Phew, good thing I've never used DF since I've been playing in beta. Had me worried there for a second.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Phew, good thing I've never used DF since I've been playing in beta. Had me worried there for a second.

hehe wanted to see some rage
    i dont think tr need another nerf
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You didn't find it just 'annoying'. Ain't it friggin' convenient to casually leave out the fact that you not only found something annoying, but went forward as to suggest that people be penalized/punished because you found them annoying, despite they weren't doing anything wrong.

Suggesting to punish people based on your personal hatred or annoyance -- sounds like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to me. Wouldn't you agree?

Or if you want to self-penalize yourself and remove your existence from the game, then you have a deal there. I'd settle for continuous jumping around be penalized, if you just go jump in a septic tank or something. I find forum <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to be very annoying myself, so based on your own line of logic, I have a right to ask you be penalized :D

no man nacis killed jews in concentration camps
    has nothing to do with writing on forum
    read some history dude
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hehe wanted to see some rage
    i dont think tr need another nerf

gab that to me mug m8 not online see wot comes about
  • Options
    edited July 2014

You are seriously messed up man.

Why don't you reference the entire post instead of doing what you accused me of doing (leaving out information). It was a post someone started about how jumping could cause effects to miss and people were discussing methods to address this. I suggested that a small stamina drain for jumping would make sense as people could no longer just random/sporadic jump (which is actually better currently than trying to time it) and would have to use it more wisely. That is not 'punishment'.

The only hatred I see is that which you display. You are using that sad and simple tactic of trying to shut be down by racial/gender/etc accusations but it does not work on me. I don't even report your petty actions as I want people to understand who you really are since some others have 'vouched' for your quality.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    gab that to me mug m8 not online see wot comes about

but seriously i killed u 1v1 u was using df out of stealth was kind a sad to watch
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You are seriously messed up man.

Why don't you reference the entire post instead of doing what you accused me of doing (leaving out information). It was a post someone started about how jumping could cause effects to miss and people were discussing methods to address this. I suggested that a small stamina drain for jumping would make sense as people could no longer just random/sporadic jump (which is actually better currently than trying to time it) and would have to use it more wisely. That is not 'punishment'.

You're right. Why don't you give us a link or reference or whatever so others can also exactly watch how the discussion went down? Like so with so many "I hate jumpers" threads, the "jump causes bug/exploit damage mitigation" claim had already been thoroughly and factually demolished as being a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the thread by the time you showed up. At that point, you showed up and you've clearly mentioned the necessity of an implementation of a penalty/punishment on continuous jumping on the very specific grounds that it annoys you.

Don't frickin' try to weasle and lie your way out of what you've said. It wasn't some "worry over a exploit" that pushed you suggest a stamina drain. Think about it before you try to edit your post and link it, since editing posts leaves a date mark.

The only hatred I see is that which you display. You are using that sad and simple tactic of trying to shut be down by racial/gender/etc accusations but it does not work on me. I don't even report your petty actions as I want people to understand who you really are since some others have 'vouched' for your quality.

The only thing they need to understand is I'm not the one who tries to police other people's actions based on one's preference. 'nuff said.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You're right. Why don't you give us a link or reference or whatever so others can also exactly watch how the discussion went down? Like so with so many "I hate jumpers" threads, the "jump causes bug/exploit damage mitigation" claim had already been thoroughly and factually demolished as being a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the thread by the time you showed up. At that point, you showed up and you've clearly mentioned the necessity of an implementation of a penalty/punishment on continuous jumping on the very specific grounds that it annoys you.

Don't frickin' try to weasle and lie your way out of what you've said. It wasn't some "worry over a exploit" that pushed you suggest a stamina drain. Think about it before you try to edit your post and link it, since editing posts leaves a date mark.

The only thing they need to understand is I'm not the one who tries to police other people's actions based on one's preference. 'nuff said.

Ah the sadness in your post. You try to undermine me with your very simple methods that are so obvious to everyone that you are being entirely dishonest. You should not engage in debate if you do not even understand the basics of what strengthens or weakens your position. Trying to bury such landmines as "Don't frickin' try to weasle and lie..." and "Think about it before you try to edit your post and link it.." tells those with some experience immediately that you have no position or facts and are trying to cast doubt on my integrity and you must rely on loaded language. I will now call you a liar and ask you to show one example of me performing either of these cases -- oh wait though, you can't, liar.

First I was a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and now I am a post editing weasel. I guess it is only a little bit till I become a misogynistic racist, eh?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TR love (cough) from Mod 4

From Dev Tracker:

Trickster Rogue

Wicked Remind: This power now properly has a maximum target cap of 5. This power now only generates AP one time, rather than for each target hit.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TR love (cough) from Mod 4

From Dev Tracker:

Trickster Rogue

Wicked Remind: This power now properly has a maximum target cap of 5. This power now only generates AP one time, rather than for each target hit.

lol, because TRs were so OP because of this. The thing has like point blank range and we have no way of grouping mobs. you should get an achievement if you hit more than 5 mobs. I really hope they have some good changes coming soon.
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    lol, because TRs were so OP because of this. The thing has like point blank range and we have no way of grouping mobs. you should get an achievement if you hit more than 5 mobs. I really hope they have some good changes coming soon.

Good changes would be nice. My understanding, as limited as it is, based on various dev comments is the TR really isn't being touched much at all for mod 4 due to time constraints. TR's will likely get modifications at some later date. Good or bad? Who knows?!
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rgladiato wrote: »
    Good changes would be nice. My understanding, as limited as it is, based on various dev comments is the TR really isn't being touched much at all for mod 4 due to time constraints. TR's will likely get modifications at some later date. Good or bad? Who knows?!

Its highly likely to be bad. Most changes they do make to classes are bad. the last time they tried to change rogues, they made strealth drain faster when using at wills. lol.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm confident that good changes will eventually come to TRs, we have only been nerfed since beta, but from how mod 4 is looking we'll be way behind other classes (at least in PVE)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I'm confident that good changes will eventually come to TRs, we have only been nerfed since beta, but from how mod 4 is looking we'll be way behind other classes (at least in PVE)

I'd like to look to the changes on Control Wizards in the positive light. Devs really turned the class around from zero to hero. The TR has already been drastically stomped in the mud for ages, like the CW had been Zeus in PvE while underpowered in PvP. Devs like to play gods. We might see a reversal in TR status quo like we've seen so far on Wizards. Keep those tricky fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    I'd like to look to the changes on Control Wizards in the positive light. Devs really turned the class around from zero to hero. The TR has already been drastically stomped in the mud for ages, like the CW had been Zeus in PvE while underpowered in PvP. Devs like to play gods. We might see a reversal in TR status quo like we've seen so far on Wizards. Keep those tricky fingers crossed.

If you ask me, I've never been a FotM guy in my life. My preference is usually:

■ melee > ranged
    ■ tricky/technical fighting > power fighting
    ■ buff/debuffs > pure CCs
    ■ quick, fast, endless harassment > slow, lumbering big hits

...so naturally I chose a TR as my first character before I even knew TRs were strong in NWPvP -- although admittedly, its not difficult to assume stealth classes will be strong PvPers and I did have that in my mind.

So I've actually enjoyed immensely when my own, unique build design worked reasonably well, regardless of whether it was 'viable in higher levels' or not... before the VP nerf and Tenacity killed it.

What I wish for TRs -- I couldn't care less if its 'strong' or just plain 'crappy'. I just hope the developers make it interesting to play with a lot of different options and playstyles possible.

More CCs and utilities please, developers.
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    Given that 9 of the last 10 changes to TR have been nerfs (most recently nerfing impact shot while claiming to buff it, and making the flurry part of duelist's flurry interruptable), I'd almost prefer the dev's to simply leave us alone, rather than "helping". This module contains yet another (minor) nerf for us. They really want us to go play a warlock, apparently.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't be so pessimistic XD I'm sure we'll eventually get some candy.
    2e2qwj6.jpg