124»

Comments

• Options
    kraiton11kraiton11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TR love (cough) from Mod 4

From Dev Tracker:

Trickster Rogue

Wicked Remind: This power now properly has a maximum target cap of 5. This power now only generates AP one time, rather than for each target hit.

I have only one question. Why??
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well it is minor and probably need to be fixed I just find it odd if it were put in as a priority. I know some people mentioned the use of it recently to gain AP rapidly and the paranoid (in relation to how it seems TR are addressed by devs) part of me wondered if that put it as a priority fix or something. Compared to how difficult it is to actually hit more than 5 targets (generally) and how slow the typical AP for a TR is I could easily see putting this off as the last thing to spend valuable time on fixing. Now if it just happened to come up incidentally alongside other fixes or with some automated coding tools I can understand it (it is only if it was a targeted fix that I get curious).
  • Options
    lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well it is minor and probably need to be fixed I just find it odd if it were put in as a priority.

The optimist in me says they fixed it easily whilst looking at ways to buff WR in PVE - raising the stack limit, duration (probably at the cost of making it a personal buff rather than group buff) etc - as part of a review of rogue powers.

The pessimist says they wanted to clear some nerfs-by-fixes before the next round of nerfs-by-design land after Mod 4 is out to try and soften the impact.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The Furyan in me dares them to nerf us!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kraiton11 wrote: »
    I have only one question. Why??
    I think the most likely explanation comes from looking at the gutting of Student of the Sword and the complete rework of Assailing Force and Elemental Empowerment. The devs are working to remove or tone down AOE debuffing. Still this particular change seems over the top given the state that PVE TRs are in and the fact that it is basically an entirely PVE nerf.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    We should all just retire our TR's and roll Warlocks.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TR love (cough) from Mod 4

From Dev Tracker:

Trickster Rogue

Wicked Remind: This power now properly has a maximum target cap of 5. This power now only generates AP one time, rather than for each target hit.

This was our only good aoe skill... Thanks obama...
    Maybe they should have finished the game and its basic skills before giving us a less than quality product.
    Stop changing our skills... Stop killing the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There is nothing the TR does presently that another class does not do better, i.e. they now bring nothing to the (PVE) party.
    We do not heal, do not tank, do not draw aggro, do not buff, do not debuff, can not control mobs, have no real AOE's, and are frequently outdamaged by other classes (CW, GWF). The one remaining useful capability the TR had as of September 2013 was stealth runs past mobs to campfires, and with that exploit removed their value to a party fell to "placeholder". Getting a slot on a DD run, especially a non-guild 'charity' run, can be difficult, if not impossible. TR's still have some utility in PVP currently, with a single build/focus.....subject to change at any time.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There is nothing the TR does presently that another class does not do better, i.e. they now bring nothing to the (PVE) party.
    We do not heal, do not tank, do not draw aggro, do not buff, do not debuff, can not control mobs, have no real AOE's, and are frequently outdamaged by other classes (CW, GWF). The one remaining useful capability the TR had as of September 2013 was stealth runs past mobs to campfires, and with that exploit removed their value to a party fell to "placeholder". Getting a slot on a DD run, especially a non-guild 'charity' run, can be difficult, if not impossible. TR's still have some utility in PVP currently, with a single build/focus.....subject to change at any time.

Have you ever been to Kessels Retreat?
    TR is wonderful there...
    Dazing strike / Shadow strike / Smoke Bomb
    We can start with smoke bomb and stun all the mobs...
    Follow up with dazing strike from stealth to stun a primary focus target
    End with Dazing strike on primary targets
    (repeat)

Try it and see... we are good at control (daze lock) when played properly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TR is wonderful there...
    (repeat)

I agree with this and such is my approach there. The bad part is that a GWF can go in and tank the whole lot (except the giants at the same time but we can't do squat with them either) and stun/prone better and deliver more AE and single target damage. The CW can also do similar but they are getting adjusted of course. I usually will start with this approach but I only have a slow horse and once the GWF/CW get ahead and start without me and have must of the mobs dead by the time I arrive I will drop smoke for path or something else.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It would be nice if smoke screen did area damage to those who breathed it in...
    It would be nice if shadow strike did more damage as well.
    Buffs not nerfs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It would be nice if smoke screen did area damage to those who breathed it in...
    It would be nice if shadow strike did more damage as well.
    Buffs not nerfs

I'd rather have defensive utility on Smoke Screen, since adding in offensive traits would probably result in another recharge time increase.

My preference would be the "screen" effect. Daze against melees within the smoke -- this is good, and fits the concept. Sudden burst of flash and smoke and ones inside, untrained to the trickster's arts are dazed and dumbfounded. But then how is it those outside target the TR with no problems at all?

My contention is that SB needs to become a much more powerful defensive enemy debuff so that it adds either a hefty DR or deflection chance against ranged attack attempts as well, so as long as the smoke hinders direct line of sight -- the catch being that this works on both enemies AND friendlies, which would be the "balancer" for such obviously powerful effect.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd prefer if smokebomb would make you and your party members inside the cloud untargeteable both from melee and ranged attacks (maybe not from AOEs though)
    Also I'd prefer SS to be a CC skill with a stun, not recharge stealth, but make the stealth bar ALWAYS recharge when outside stealth, no matter if you'¡re being hit or not.
    Also Whisperknife needs some love. VP needs to be useful for something, because for now it's only good against perma stealth TRs if you manage to mark them before they go in stealth.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TR is wonderful there...
    (repeat)

Many, many times (have the whole purified set from there now). A TR is not needed to run Kessel's Retreat....even 5 DC's can do it.
    My point was much simpler and direct - The TR, as it stands today, has no "primary mission" in Neverwinter.