test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR 2014 list of bugged and useless skills

crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Thieves' Den
So time to write serious topic here. I would like people to write bugs they saw while playing TR and skills nerfed to level of not usability. So that community managers and developers will know what we think about their ,,balance''.
No flaming posts, only serious opinions about all nerfs and bugs we have experienced through entire year of nerfs. Please add more which you have noticed or experienced, in both pve or pvp. Also write opinions how to fix not usable skills.
Ok so i will start here:
    ITC bugs each time after some prones, stuns and many other circumstances-needs to be fixed urgently. It goes to cooldown without working. Perfect contrast to broken roar.
    Shadow strike-bugs in some circumstances-like when target goes in stealth in moment of casting this spell and skill goes to cooldown or some other hard to explain situations like target runs in moment of casting spells away and we do not get stealth refilled
    Each time you get controlled or proned you are visible to enemies
    Impact shot is not correctly described nor usable anymore. In description there is each shot hits harder, while in fact 2 last shots hit with laughable power.
Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
Post edited by crusherbeast on

Comments

• Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    the problem with tr is all their skills are useless.
    they were originaly made for burst tr which got nerfed.
    now we have a bunch of skilles that have no use.
    Deft strike-has no use in pve,in pvp its just a teleport.it crits from 3k to 5k with pweapons with 14 sec cooldown.in 30- 40k hp pvp comunity its barely atwill not an encounter.
    impact shot-yet another encounter which has no use at all.no one usess it in pve and in pvp even the first shot dont pass 4k crits with pbilethorn.2,3 are 1,5k on dools.
    wicked reminder-it was originaly made to buff tr dmg with duellist flurry but now its only team buff,
    same time other classes debuff just the same or more and deal dmg ,heal same time
    lurker -in pvp i never saw no one using it,in pve u need perfect timing and its still only 25%.
    dazing- 8k crits with pvorpal for so much risk.most difficult encounter to land in pvp worst revard.this skill was made for burst tr in pvp has no place in todays pvp.
    shocking execution-in pve its a joke any at will hits harder, in pvp no one uses it why does it exist no one knows.
    lashing blade- very far from viable against decent pvp build and only to use with pvorpal.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hm, add deft strike to the list of bugged skills too. Sometimes I get stuck in the ceiling or beneath the map when I use it.
    Lurker's assault is bugged in the same way too. I've been teleported right on the aboleth in SP a couple of times. Needless to say LA is a instant death when you try to use on elder brain in DV? xD

Heard first attack passive doesn't work sometimes either but that thing is too odd. I mean, what's the first attack in a battle? -.-
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Whisperknife Feat: Determined Pursuit

The dagger throw portion of the Vengeance's Pursuit encounter power now has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to interrupt your target, and the follow-up now briefly slows by 8/16/24/32/40%.

The interrupt does not work at all.

Further, when the marked target goes out of range, occludes himself by the terrain (behind walls, above ledges) VP will not teleport correctly. VP also does not break *ROAR*.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Whisperknife At-Will: Disheartening Strike

You spitefully fling a dagger at your target's head, dealing damage over time and temporarily reducing the damage they do to you.

The auto targeting is ridiculously hard. Once you land a crit and move the reticule over to the next target, and press your mouse button towards Target B, Disheartening Strike would be aimed towards Target A even if Target A is now behind you, resetting the critical bleeds completely.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Trickster Rogue Daily: Whirlwind of Blades

Whip your daggers out around you, dealing minor damage but gaining Power for each enemy you hit.

Alleged to be ignoring tenacity and damage resistance. From personal testing, I've found that it does correctly calculate damage resistance as it deals different damage brackets in classes with varying damage resistance. Needs to rectify a possible text glitch in the combat log that omits the parenthesis number in DamageDealt (DamageBeforeMitigation).

6kUVbXm.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Capstone Feat Saboteur: Ruthless Efficiency

When you land a killing blow, your Armor Pen is increased by 30% for 6 seconds.

Falls under the worthless, most useless capstone feat in the game category. On a 1v1, this feat literally translates to: "I will kill you and after I kill you I will ignore 30% of your armor as if you needed more killing coz you could be more dead." Death by Soulforged doesn't even proc it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Executioner Feat: Devastating Shroud

Increase your critical strike chance and severity by 2/4/6/8/10% for 6 seconds after using Shocking Execution.

This is now a useless 5 point *required* feat to progress into Executioner because after all the nerfs to Shocking Execution, about 1% of the TR population is now willing to use it. The alternatives are Cruelty's Reward or Thrill of the Kill..I mean, c'mon.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Class Feature: First Strike

Deal 5/10/15% extra damage on your first attack in combat. >> Used to be 3 seconds to disengage from combat.

Because they added a longer timer to be out of combat First Strike was either unintentionally or ninja :mad: nerfed to oblivion. It would no longer stack with Overrun Critical, which was the only thing it was useful for.
  • Options
    rpsaucerpsauce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I love this post...This has all my problems in this one thread....! I hope the devs take all this into consideration....BUFF ROGUE ONCE! GEEBUS! ALL THE OTHER CLASSES HAVE BEEN BUFFED BEFORE!
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Each time you get controlled or proned you are visible to enemies

this is not true. You only visible when you get dazed. The field of view from which you can be seen widens.

I've hit and have been hit by abilities like takedown and frontline surge and the users dont know where I am. the chances of them finding you while in stealth is estimated guessing.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its random then. I got hit with Entangling force from a CW up close and than knockbacked by a GF. While still CC i then got hit by two magic missiles and than finally an ice knife. After the knock back I was way out of range to be viewed normally while in stealth.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Stuns do that. Its not just stealth. All forms of stealth knock people into visibility regardless of range. It happens with Hunter Rangers as well. its not specific to TR, which leads to me beleive its intended for when a stun occurs while you're stealth.

this doesnt apply to roots however.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    While I agree with many of the posts, some are plain ludicrous.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    mattrebmattreb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2014
      ITC bugs each time after some prones, stuns and many other circumstances-needs to be fixed urgently. It goes to cooldown without working. Perfect contrast to broken roar.
      Shadow strike-bugs in some circumstances-like when target goes in stealth in moment of casting this spell and skill goes to cooldown or some other hard to explain situations like target runs in moment of casting spells away and we do not get stealth refilled

These are really annoying, also the visible stones from stealth (companions) in icewind dale should be fixed...
  • Options
    dronzaledronzale Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Where are the tons of posts for Vengeance's Persuit?

I personally have never even tried that encounter because all the rage of how broken this power is on the forums, so i'd rather not find out for my self (and i can't really explain HOW its broken)... but as a WK I am hopefuly waiting for it to be fixed so i can give it a try...
  • Options
    darlenadarlena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Encounter: Wicked Reminder

Pierce your enemy's armor, cracking it for a period of time, lowering your target's Damage Resistance. This effect can stack up for 5 times.
    Stealth: Applies 3 stacks.

I wanted to like this skill but to me it feels like the debuff either doesn't work or is totally negligible. One of the main problems is that the stacks dissipate way too quickly (not sure but it's less than 10 seconds I believe), and with a 4s cooldown (the only good thing about the skill) it's not always easy to keep it on unless you facetank everything.
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    very good thread
    only tr encounter that is not useless or bugged is bait and swich and path of blades.
  • Options
    mesaloxmesalox Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    very good thread
    only tr encounter that is not useless or bugged is bait and swich and path of blades.

Thats sadly true :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Mulot -
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    very good thread

I am not quite sure that "bait and switch" is not bugged. At least in the ice wind campaign there is something odd with it (perhaps the level of the monsters) in that it is often ignored by the enemy regardless of your proximity or how many times you run through/near/by your decoy. Even when you stealth after they don't always seem to attack it and I haven't quite been able to isolate exactly what the problem may be except possibly proximity based.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yeah, many monsters ignore the decoy, even if it's placed right next to them. it's very annoying.
    Also, the daze from smpke bomb takes too long to apply, I use it from stealth in the middle of some mobs and all of them get to hit me once at least before getting dazed, and in IWD that means like 40% of my hp gone in a second.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I agree with the decoy. Sometimes monsters just ignore it completely.

But the smoke bomb I think its fine. It shouldnt daze immediately, doesnt give time for people to get out of the way of it. And it does take time for inhaling gas to take effect, let alone become blinded by it. By its nature it should take about a half second for it to apply.

Its one of the things you have to keep in mind when using smoke bomb. Its effect isnt immediate. Unlike most of the other skills.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I agree with the decoy. Sometimes monsters just ignore it completely.

But the smoke bomb I think its fine. It shouldnt daze immediately, doesnt give time for people to get out of the way of it. And it does take time for inhaling gas to take effect, let alone become blinded by it. By its nature it should take about a half second for it to apply.

Its one of the things you have to keep in mind when using smoke bomb. Its effect isnt immediate. Unlike most of the other skills.

Why is that? Why should the TR's only real AoE CC not be able to take effect immediately?

I mean, powers like Roar or FSL do much more damage, have much more potent effects, and they are all instant cast. Whereas the only AoE CC a TR has, with only a modest PBAoE radius, is also pretty easy to avoid completely with a simple movement power or a dodge/teleport.

If you really think about it, it is really difficult to understand what exactly the reason is, that every CC a TR has is subject to some wierd kind of "self-gimping" by either being slow to activate (Smokebomb, Dazingstrike), or being ridiculously weak in potency/duration (ShadowStrike, ImpactShot, Vengeance'sPursuit, Blitz, DeftStrike.. etc etc..).

Really, guys, isn't this just absurd?
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes it seems they treat stealth like god mode which is absolutely false. That is probably reason why TR has so terrible damage, stuns, no traps, no poison. TR is just stealth and that's it in this game. It is so done with such a solicitude to make sure TR skill won't be useful. So that everyone use perma stealth in pvp(all encounters for stealth) cause it has no sense to use other skills with all their weaknesses.
    The problem which many people can not perceive is that the true creators of perma stealth are... devs. Players just deducted it from nerfs, that to do good they have to go full perma. Each patch, each nerf. Last nerf of execution took last skill with serious dmg away.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes it seems they treat stealth like god mode which is absolutely false. That is probably reason why TR has so terrible damage, stuns, no traps, no poison. TR is just stealth and that's it in this game. It is so done with such a solicitude to make sure TR skill won't be useful. So that everyone use perma stealth in pvp(all encounters for stealth) cause it has no sense to use other skills with all their weaknesses.
    The problem which many people can not perceive is that the true creators of perma stealth are... devs. Players just deducted it from nerfs, that to do good they have to go full perma. Each patch, each nerf. Last nerf of execution took last skill with serious dmg away.

I agree that is indeed the direction the nerfs are going. I've assumed since HR class came out that our DPS role was being replaced, and we're given a new role as invisible ghost harrasser in PvP for point contesting. Yet I still refuse to play perma. Honestly, it bores me and I can only play it for a week before I respec out of it.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have noticed quite a bit lately that there is something odd even with stealth. While stealthed enemy mobs will "sort of" notice me. They will attack me if I am real close and even at medium distances they will use effects on me.

Recently I did an SP as I had not done one in awhile and I noticed that on the final boss the nothic mindwarps were locking in on me during stealth and I had to continually dodge their knock back attack all through the fight. Now always as long as I remember, while clearing pits the enemy would be aware of you and attack so I figured it was some effect of the pits but now it seems to have spread even further.

In IWD the wolves and Yeti sometimes notice you and other times they don't. I haven't quite isolated it as it isn't just based on a particular amount of time. It could be based on the threat table and how many targets are listed (this was actually something I recommended they implement to make stealth more challenging). Like when two permas try to engage a boss, that is the effect I am seeing even when I am alone on some encounters (not all it seems random).

I prefer stealth to be done that way, honestly, as it makes it far more interesting but I would like it to behave a bit more consistently if that is the intent (like if alone they act this way but when grouped they would need to use ranged based threat so that they would generally not do this if other targets were near).
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    back to useless skills i just did lb on mounted gwf.it was 3k no deflect(he had pbark )
    he just kept riding lol.
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    back to useless skills i just did lb on mounted gwf.it was 3k no deflect(he had pbark )
    he just kept riding lol.

I once hit 2370 crit lb on a gwf, using a g vorp. I don't even know how.
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    I once hit 2370 crit lb on a gwf, using a g vorp. I don't even know how.

Assuming a crit outside of stealth without any buff factors (such as First Strike.. or etc)

■ 113% crit severity would first be reduced to 103% through crit resistance in PvP, so your LB base = 1,167.

■ If the GWF had 25% DR from AC+Def., and another 20% DR from Tenacity + 50% from Unstoppable(full)...
    ...then it would be at the DR cap of 80%, hence your base LB damage = 5,835

My guess is you hit a GWF with a bit underwhelming gear, while he was at max damage resistance. If you had hit something with no damage resistance at all, it would have crit for 12k.
  • Options
    jessieflorajessieflora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    very good thread

I have tried using Courage Breaker in an attempt to find a better daily than Shocking-Slap-on-the-Wrist. How is Courage Breaker used to good effect?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I have tried using Courage Breaker in an attempt to find a better daily than Shocking-Slap-on-the-Wrist. How is Courage Breaker used to good effect?

Feated ITC from scoundrel for Power buff, combined with Courage Breaker buff, puts you in immunity for 1-2 rounds of ultra strong DF. Kinda silly though because they can still teleport out of DF range. Works on GF/GWF, but be careful of Takedown. Needless to say, that still pales much in comparison to Whirlwind of Blades.