test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140715a.3

Comments

• hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Um... I just created another character on preview and I noticed there's no "Cute" expression, and my CW currently has this expression.

If I change my race, dislike it and want to change it back, am I unable to make a character with the exact same appearance I had before? What happened with the "Cute" expression?
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    since we have race change token can u guys consider changing human 3% defense to 3% damage resistance?
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    isammax wrote: »
    Panderus, would you please consider changing "Kill 1000 NPCs" gauntlgrym pvp campaign task? By lowering the amount of npcs we need to kill? This is a real problem for me and other players, this task requires too much time for an average player to complete.

+1

Killing 1000 NPC doesn't make sense when it's supposed to be a PvP campaign, please consider a change to this. It's by far one of the most annoying and not fun tasks in the whole campaign.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    since we have race change token can u guys consider changing human 3% defense to 3% damage resistance?

Human is a decent choice already, at least compared to any other race apart from a Halfling. All this would do is ensure PvP characters are all Halflings or Humans.

Halfling's bonus is too good for PvP so it would seem easiest to alter that rather than having to re-balance every other racial.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    is there any possibility that Perfect Elven Battle to be fixed? cuz i belive it must be fixed with mod4 ...
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Your appearance will be preserved if you choose the same race, there will be your appearance preset that is selected by default (fix isnt in this build yet).

It even shows your current armor the whole time instead of the basic armor first level characters start with.

Will this actually preserve original character appearances? When I go to the Tower of Alteration, after I leave it once and load back in, it does in fact load me with my current slider settings/hair color/et al... But under the new, hideous system that I frankly can't stand. The middle instance of the following screenshot is exactly what I fear might happen to original characters:

veldriniwd.jpg

(Left to right: Original, new system with original settings, new system heavily edited from my current settings; these screenshots were from Mod 3 preview days to illustrate the appearances of and issues that existed(And still exist) with the new char creation.)

So that middle one is technically my appearance preset; but besides being absolutely hideous, is not at all my actual original appearance. Any clarification on that? A way to skip the appearance editing step?

And I nth the 'change the 1000 NPCs' thing. The NPCs in GG don't spawn often enough or last long enough to make this even remotely a sane task, and Delzoun pretty much can't do it at all.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I have the same problem as Naicalus. I'm afraid I cannot retain my character's original choices, which don't appear to be available anymore.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • soggmeadmugsoggmeadmug Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Feat Devastating Critical still not working for Greatweaponfighter or Scourge Warlock we cant test damage properly
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: TR's walk animation appears to have disappeared and been replaced with a slowed-down version of their in-combat run animation. The class also now stops running with a bizzare knee-bending thing that may just be a result of the missing walk animation, but looks ludicrous regardless. Please fix it.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So nothing new to look out for with rogues - disappointing :(

No news on fixing the deleted companions or the issue many have with the preview shard not loading - disappointing :(

So what are the requirements for the new dungeons? and can anyone show what the new TR armors are like?
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dwarven Bolters' and Warriors' attacks now respect Guardian Fighters' Blocking and being CC immune.

This should really go on Live ASAP, it's already hard doing IwD content with a GF, this is really annoying...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Panderus , the 'change now' option is still missing when you change characters and we are forced to wait the entire 15 seconds , I know you said you would get it put back but just giving you a nudge incase you forgot.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • vankorn9vankorn9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Elite Lair of Lostmauth Dungeons is WAY TO EASY!!! WE WANT CHALLENGE!!!
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    when will elven battle be fixed? :)
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can we please see in next patch note a elven battle fix?

• nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vankorn9 wrote: »

really? >_< wow i was hoping for a real challenge here...
  • vankorn9vankorn9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    really? >_< wow i was hoping for a real challenge here...

It can be done with 2 ppl (we did 2 CW):D 0 challenge with new module...
    Btw. I finished draco from 25% alone with CW
    edited July 2014

What GS and enchants are you rocking if you don't mind me asking? , just for reference since for me it was after 1 am when the patch went up and I'm at work atm so I haven't had a go myself yet.
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    What GS and enchants are you rocking if you don't mind me asking? , just for reference since for me it was after 1 am when the patch went up and I'm at work atm so I haven't had a go myself yet.

14-16k gs CW with p.vorp
    edited July 2014
    14-16k gs CW with p.vorp

Thanks , can't wait till hometime to give it a try myself xD
  • stykssstykss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    There is a new Race Change Token available in the Zen Market and at the Character Selection Screen. Polymorph yourself to change Race, Ability Score choices, Appearance and Character Name. This is currently free on the Preview server for testing purposes.

whattt.!! holy fail. game over.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Is it intended that the timer to switch between characters can't be skipped? The "cancel" and "change now" buttons are gone, you can still cancel a logout by hitting esc but no other way to bypass it. The old buttons show up for logging out and you can still exit the game with no timer.

I currently have 8 characters, this will add 120 seconds to the time it takes me to cycle through them for invoking and such that I do once a day. Thats 120 seconnds I'm going to be just staring at a timer waiting for it to tick down for no reason then to watch it tick down.
    edited July 2014
    stykss wrote: »

whattt.!! holy fail. game over.

Why is it a fail? it's a great feature ( or it will be once it is working xD)
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    *snipped about the character change now button*

Yeah panderus said it was removed by accident a couple of patches ago and he said he would try to make sure it was added back , I reminded him a bit earlier .
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For those that don't want to wait 15 secs to change char, just use the log out button as it is bugged as well and actually just returns you to the char select screen 90% of the time.

Oh and kudos to cryptic for the race change / re-roll token. It should be obvious that if folks were willing to face the banhammer for this, it should be part of the game for those willing to pay.

And last but not least, I hear that the elven battle enchantment is still needing that long ago promised fix for the R10 version. Perhaps cryptic might look into this?
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Race Change Token currently not working. When I click it, my character goes invisible and it does not advance to the next character creation slide.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can we please have the old character appearance features back, I would love to change my ability scores but I don't want my characters to look like plastic barbie dolls...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • phasednewtphasednewt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I appreciate the effort the devs are putting in to this (though the CW and GWF nerfs are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) - I have to ask this: Why does the Preview server continue to crash when loading with an AMD 8 core CPU? Working around this issue by setting CPU affinity or going into the computer's BIOS to disable 4 cores is pathetic. I hope to hell this is solved before Module 4 goes live.
  • hydropriesthydropriest Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bug: rogue walk animation is currently a slow motion combat run animation. also, you cannot change characters immediately anymore, you get stuck waiting for 15 seconds.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Can we please have the old character appearance features back, I would love to change my ability scores but I don't want my characters to look like plastic barbie dolls...

I replied earlier, but your current appearance is saved if you choose the same race, it will show up as an extra appearance preset and will be the default (current isnt the default on this build).
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thank god another nerf to PvE TR powers. Freaking Wicked Reminder was known to be broken making TRs overpowered in dungeons. And also keeps the TR nerf streak going, 4 mods and counting :P

seriously though, well done on the other quality of life changes. Just the dye stacking is going to free up a lot of space.
This discussion has been closed.