test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140715a.3

Comments

• chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Your appearance will be preserved if you choose the same race, there will be your appearance preset that is selected by default (fix isnt in this build yet).

It even shows your current armor the whole time instead of the basic armor first level characters start with.

You are the absolute bomb. Thank you!!!
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Wait.. the invisible shirts and pants require both a dragon egg AND 25K ADs, and even then, they don't have any stats of their own? That seems a little pricey. Either give them fantastic stats for that price OR drop the cost by a significant amount.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they made a simple UI function an AD sink.
  • nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well i can say this is by far the most interesting patch notes since we heard about mod 1 love love love it :)
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Your appearance will be preserved if you choose the same race, there will be your appearance preset that is selected by default (fix isnt in this build yet).

It even shows your current armor the whole time instead of the basic armor first level characters start with.

Now that is incredibally well done and really cool!

Thanks for thinking about that!
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Im new around the Test server,

Anyone know how long the test server will be down for patching?
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    • Dread Ring: Rampaging Madness: Now correctly only gains stacks once per second.

Oh well. So much for the one actually useful boon.
    • Orb of Imposition: Ranking this class feature up now grants 25% longer control durations.
    • Orb of Imposition: This class feature now works as expected and increases control durations by 25%.
    • Shatter Strike: This feat now benefits from your damage bonuses. It is classified as Cold damage for purposes of calculating bonuses.
    • Shatter Strike: This feat now stuns players for 2.5 seconds base (up from 1 second).

Very, very interested to see how these work. A pure control build might actually be attainable and useful now.

Items and Economy
    • Dye Packs and Dye Bottles now all stack to 100.
    • Professions: There are new "Emperor's" Uncommon Shirt and Pant items for all classes. They are invisible to the naked eye and come with a Free Appearance Change to transmute onto any existing Shirts and Pants. They require Level 18 of the respective profession, 25,000 Astral Diamonds, a Dragon Egg and Ornate Pants or Shirt as appropriate.
    • There is a new Race Change Token available in the Zen Market and at the Character Selection Screen. Polymorph yourself to change Race, Ability Score choices, Appearance and Character Name. This is currently free on the Preview server for testing purposes.

Those are some very nice quality of life changes there. Funny enough I may not need the re-roll. I initially rolled my CW to be a controller so I pumped Intelligence and Wisdom and ignored Charisma. After learning that DPS was the way to go I figured if I could ever re-roll I'd go Int and Charisma. But now control is on the table again so I may not need the re-roll at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they made a simple UI function an AD sink.

I could even accept the AD cost - just drop the dragon egg and other material requirements.

I'm also curious as to whether it'd also replace the bra & underwear on the character - it'd be cool if it did, and if you could dye them.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Oh well. So much for the one actually useful boon.
    At least there is still Endless Consumption. Now, literally everyone will be using that instead.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will play now the devils advocate as they say in canon law. The race and ability change sound cool, but sorry i have more, important things on my mind.

PVP fixes seem weak for me, where is fix for the premades vs PUGs issue?

What happens to this no D&D conform thing called permas, who annoy many players, including myself, they are way OP in any PVP scenario, especially in Open world PVP?

What about a limit in open world PVP regarding the factions, so no player(s) can be outnumbered by a wolf pack of enemy players?

I see nothing regarding the DC class, hmmm not a good sign! I feel we are the next GFs, with so many life steal around and many zen shop items, who needs DCs anymore.

What about giving us GFs a real self sustaining skill or call it whatever you want, like other classes have! I feel the GF should be worked on more, reducing time limits and giving Anvil of Doom a boost is only the beginning of a long road. GF will still be underpowered, no real crit, no real arm pen...

Boosting the HRs is a silly thing in my opinion, they are OP now, giving them more is not balance, rather introducing more unbalance. Just look at the rankings only HR and TR dominate, sorry permas, as an old D&D player i can't call a perma a real rogue!

PVE wise CW powers are not balanced, just read the CW forum section, they laugh about it, they know, they all will stay on top of the food chain in PVE, but keep a good place at PVP too.

Just a few things, don't want to make it too long!

Thanks for a possible reply in advance!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, yes it will. I will have the item updated to reflect that note as well. It does everything the character creation process does with the exception of Class, Diety and Origin selections.

Glad to see these options added. Just curious though, why doesn't it come with a Diety and Origin change as well. Is there going to be a separate item for these at some point. Specifically Diety change, as a lot of my characters just made random choices when I made them and now that I've actually decided on their Diety, I'm stuck with the incorrect one in the character sheet.

It doesn't really effect anything mechanically and it is lore wise one of the most logical things to change, so I don't see why not just add it to this.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This looks good...I really like the new shirt/pants, although the cost (dragon egg) is a bit high for a cosmetic item. I really like the new token, and as I have said before, I appreciate the canges to the DC Empire armor.

One thing I just noticed when I went to make the new shirts/pants was the Armor reinforcement kits..I must have missed that, but it looks interesting.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone tried to use the race change token? The only thing it manages to do is make your player character turn invisible on the character selection screen.
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone tried to use the race change token? The only thing it manages to do is make your player character turn invisible on the character selection screen.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?710851-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-20140715a-3&p=8444811&viewfull=1#post8444811
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    [*]Guardian Fighter
    • Block: The Block UI should no longer randomly appear broken when fighting.

FYI, this still seems to be an issue. I saw the guard meter flip between broken and full more than once in a single fight.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "In all PvP Domination maps, entering the enemy respawn area now causes instant death."

Lmfao! VERY well done admins. Can't wait to see exploiters kill themselves.

For the rest.............. please allow me to express myself via this GIF for once.

Just splendid. Best patch notes in a while XD
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like the new inviso shirts and pants. The craft price is OK. The transmute price was 53k. Is it suppose to cost? I can live with it.

I remember when it cost 51k to transmute.......darn inflation. :(
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Any news on the bugged (I hope) rogue walk? It doesn't matter much on preview but it would be pretty bad to have if it goes live like this.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • kalyuxakalyuxa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maybe I'm just wrong but the race change token is not working. I purchased one in zen market, went to the character selection screen and a new button appears ("reroll character"). I click it and my character disappears for a moment but nothing happens.

It's a good idea but it -seems that this- is broken.
  • rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can u add another feature that will disable armor enhancement effect when in fashion mode?dyes are most likely unattractive especially when with p.soulforge :( it is toooo messy, and i can't appreciate any dyes aside of black dye ones at all because of this effect in my fashion.. :D
    edited July 2014
    I just noticed they nerfed TR this patch too, ouch.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    • Dye Packs and Dye Bottles now all stack to 100.
    Nice QoL change. Would be cool if it can go live before module 4.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    God **** it cryptic. I lose faith in you and you then bring out some of these awesome changes. Why do you do this to me :c
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUG:

Block still being buggy, some times goes from half to zero in a split second then goes tp full one second later
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    God **** it cryptic. I lose faith in you and you then bring out some of these awesome changes. Why do you do this to me :c

I know what you mean *Puts on Italian American accent* "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in"
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    I like the new inviso shirts and pants. The craft price is OK. The transmute price was 53k. Is it suppose to cost? I can live with it.

I remember when it cost 51k to transmute.......darn inflation. :(

You need to report this ,its supposed to be a free transmute item.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I know what you mean *Puts on Italian American accent* "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in"

:)
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I could even accept the AD cost - just drop the dragon egg and other material requirements.

I'm also curious as to whether it'd also replace the bra & underwear on the character - it'd be cool if it did, and if you could dye them.

Yeah, I doubt it, but I'd like the ability to change or dye them. Sometimes the colour can be something I'm not keen on or just doesn't match.

Edit: though I should say that mod 4 needs some replayability to keep me playing, not tested the skirmishes or dungeons yet so I'm not sure what it'll be like. Some changes that are finally good for players instead of restricting them, but we do need a change. Mod 1-3 were all things most people didn't really like. They mostly did it because of the boons and because it was the only new content we had. Making the dungeons/skirmishes farmable will really go a long way to help the games health. Keep focusing on the good changes to the game!
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014

PVE wise CW powers are not balanced, just read the CW forum section, they laugh about it, they know, they all will stay on top of the food chain in PVE, but keep a good place at PVP too.

No real CW with main character "laughs" about the CW changes. It will 30-40% dps drop by the most generous calculations.
    My dps in CN on live was 25k by ACT now it dropped to 15k on preview and I am trying real hard.(no debuffer dc but still)

These Assailing changes was necessarry that the thaumaturgy capstone feat can be competitive to Renegade capstone feat not to mention other classes and preventing the first thing in mod4 that everybody leaves thaum.

You are referring to some topic debate by some ppl without having cw or only as an alt.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    giphy.gif

w2qvyII.gif
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Panderus, would you please consider changing "Kill 1000 NPCs" gauntlgrym pvp campaign task? By lowering the amount of npcs we need to kill? This is a real problem for me and other players, this task requires too much time for an average player to complete.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh for the love of Corellon, another bloody unneeded TR nerf? Nobody was even complaining about WR. I just don't even.

Seriously it's been nothing but take take take take take from TRs since beta. Nothing ever improved or given back. Just endless. Pointless. Nerfs.

And why for the love of the gods a PvE nerf? We're already the worst, least-wanted PvE class. At least GF gets requested for FH due to the poor design and bugged add spawning of that dungeon; TR doesn't get requested for anything. Why the hells did we need ANOTHER nerf?

I'm so tired of this. So, so tired of this. I just don't even.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
This discussion has been closed.