test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why cant i buy zen?

dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
someone please explain? i offered to buy 500 zen for 496 astrals each....
Post edited by dodgo on

Comments

• theoriginalmadtheoriginalmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the current going rate is 500AD per zen .. at last check there was buy orders totaling over 6,000,000 zen at that price. This means there is no zen directly on the market for sale.
    You know its a scam when your informative/productive posts are being sent to the can to prevent people from learning there are no GMS and no support for this game.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wtf?!?!?! i need to buy stuff from the zen market; so the only way is to pay with cash?!?!
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    someone please explain? i offered to buy 500 zen for 496 astrals each....

That's why. You can still buy zen, but it will take a few days and you have to put it up at 500 AD each.
  • ralph2000ralph2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A few days ballocks i have had zen up there for 2 weeks with no sale
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    From my thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?701271-People-Requesting-Zen-at-below-500

People Requesting Zen at below 500AD
    Just a note I had a look at the Zen market and it has hit 4,001,018 which is 2,000,509,000 AD worth of ZEN

I also noticed people having amounts requesting to buy under the 500 ZEn.

173,830 at 499
    99,178 at 498
    95,868 at 497
    135,709 at 496 etc....

Total 504,585 Zen or 251,632,710 AD (so is a fair chunk just in those few)

The Zen market has a failsafe so that the Zen seller does not get ripped off. IMOA selling zen for 500 and accidently only putting in 50. The Zen market will sell the zen at the highest requested price.

If the Zen market was not topped off and was for example 1000 Zen for sale at 499 and people had requested zen at 498 - if you sell zen under 498 it will default sell at 498 (ie. will not list at 499)

Since the Zen market is at cap then the minimum price anyone will get or can sell for is 500. It does not matter if you are being friendly or want to drive the market down or whatever 500 is the minimum and maximum it will sell at.

Just thought I would let you all know!

BTW - just to let you know that my request for 1,908 zen pushed it over the 4 Million mark

Note: At 1 million AD request took nearly 2 days to get zen - so for a time line Divide the Amount requested by 500,000 and that should give you an approximate to how many days you have to wait.
    Cheers,
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • theoriginalmadtheoriginalmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jintortle wrote: »

Since the Zen market is at cap then the minimum price anyone will get or can sell for is 500. It does not matter if you are being friendly or want to drive the market down or whatever 500 is the minimum and maximum it will sell at.

Just thought I would let you all know!

Note: At 1 million AD request took nearly 2 days to get zen - so for a time line Divide the Amount requested by 500,000 and that should give you an approximate to how many days you have to wait.
    Cheers,

edited for clarity but otherwise well said :)
    You know its a scam when your informative/productive posts are being sent to the can to prevent people from learning there are no GMS and no support for this game.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ralph2000 wrote: »
    A few days ballocks i have had zen up there for 2 weeks with no sale
    You put in the wrong price then, double check your listings, as I put some up regularly the past week as I make it and it sells 3-4 days after I list it every time.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cheers,

Actually it won't. 500k ad is an insignificant amount of backlog by itself. Whether you put up 100 AD or 5 million up, you'd likely get it within 24 hours of each other.
    charononus wrote: »
    You put in the wrong price then, double check your listings, as I put some up regularly the past week as I make it and it sells 3-4 days after I list it every time.

Yep, got mine too the other day after a few days or so. I assume it works by FIFO. Maybe he forgot to withdraw it?
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Actually it won't. 500k ad is an insignificant amount of backlog by itself. Whether you put up 100 AD or 5 million up, you'd likely get it within 24 hours of each other.

Yep, got mine too the other day after a few days or so. I assume it works by FIFO. Maybe he forgot to withdraw it?

Sorry for clarification - that is total zen requested. At the moment there is a Backlog of 6,569,976 Zen requested = So I was saying if you put in an offer for Zen right now it would take 13-14 Days for it to be cleared.

It might be sooner but that is just from my experience and is a maximum time atm.

Note: 6,569,976 Zen is $65,699.76
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2014
    You can buy Zen, but it takes roughly 4 days for your buy order to fulfill.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is basically working as intended. You have a choice between paying real $$$ and get your Zen now (and keep in mind that enough people have to do that to keep money flowing in to make the game viable) or get Zen for 500 AD each, but be prepared to wait a few days in that case.

This will change if something happens in-game that will create a significant demand for AD, but I don't see that happening in the near future - maybe if guild housing gets implemented in Module 6 or whatever.....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sorry for clarification - that is total zen requested. At the moment there is a Backlog of 6,569,976 Zen requested = So I was saying if you put in an offer for Zen right now it would take 13-14 Days for it to be cleared.

It might be sooner but that is just from my experience and is a maximum time atm.

Note: 6,569,976 Zen is $65,699.76

Ah, I see what you mean now. I misunderstood :)
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    This will change if something happens in-game that will create a significant demand for AD,

Either that or a sharp decline in new AD generation. In particular if they target leadership profession farmers/bots the millions of AD flooding the market daily would dry up, thus creating more value in AD. Everyone (including self described casual gamers) would benefit as prices in the AH would drop too. I believe someone's suggestion of switching leadership profession rewards from AD to enchants was a good idea. Farmers would then create large stacks of enchants to sell but that I don't mind.
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I say replace leadership with some sort of activity to get the AD and the flood will stop. Enchants could be an alternative, but if you're not careful we'll be back at bot level prices in a week.

Hmm, guess you are right there. How about character bound refining stones then? People always need RP. That would prevent flooding the market with enchants.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quit trying to kill leadership. I swear I don't understand the I don't have it so it must be nerfed group.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Quit trying to kill leadership. I swear I don't understand the I don't have it so it must be nerfed group.

What makes you think that because people can see what an insane system leadership is and want it removed or changed it instantly means they don't have it , maybe they are thinking about the bigger picture and the general health of the economy not just for themselves but for everybody? , not everybody is only capable of thinking about themselves.

I currently have 12 characters over 4 accounts and overall 6 of them are at level 20 leadership and the others between 18 and 19 and I think it needs to be reworked , the amount of ad coming into the game from accounts and character who do absolutely nothing but pray and renew leadership is insane and don't get on about assets , even with nothing but white assets a character with lvl 20 leadership can create 112000 ad per week for doing nothing but logging on 4 times a day through the gateway and 126000 ad a week if they log in the game itself to renew.

Now imagine that guy has five characters at level 20 leadership , that is 2 million 2 hundred and 40 thousand AD per month from characters who do nothing to contribute to the game in any way apart from flood AD into the economy , you seriously think that is sustainable ?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We've had this "Nerf AD production in Leadership profession" discussion so many, many times.

For casual gamers, like myself, nerfing AD gained through the Leadership profession will seriously affect my AD earnings and also my interest in continuing playing the game. Other casual players feel the same way.

I think the whole "I need it now" mentality is affecting people the wrong way. If you need it now, spend the cash and buy Zen. If you still need it now but don't want to pay money for Zen (thereby supporting this "free" game), then you have to wait.

Things work in a very similar way in the real world, where you have to work to earn your keep . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    For casual gamers, like myself, nerfing AD gained through the Leadership profession

That is incorrect. Casual gamers would benefit from Leadership farming being stopped as prices would drop. Currently the AD farming has resulted in a glut of AD which in turn has led to rising costs. Simple economics is that the less there is of something (like AD) the greater value it has.
    I think the whole "I need it now" mentality is affecting people the wrong way.
    Things work in a very similar way in the real world, where you have to work to earn your keep . . .

Those are interesting comments coming from a self described casual. And I don't consider people using a large number of leadership toons and "clicking around a web page" for 5 minutes a couple times a day as being "work" (or worse those using scripts).
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That is incorrect. Casual gamers would benefit from Leadership farming being stopped as prices would drop. Currently the AD farming has resulted in a glut of AD which in turn has led to rising costs. Simple economics is that the less there is of something (like AD) the greater value it has.

I highly doubt that AD prices will drop as much as needed for my limited playing time if AD gain in Leadership is completely nerfed. Example: The only AD gain I would get is from invoking once/twice a day. That is only 1-1.6k per toon, compared to being able to earn an additional 7-10k per day per toon with level 20 Leadership (which many of my toons have). Prices would have to drop sevenfold for this to be a break-even nerf for me. I don't see that happening at all.

Do you think Cryptic will drop prices on their AD items like the mount manuals? Doubtful.

Those are interesting comments coming from a self described casual.

I have no idea how my comments don't appear to match my self-described casual gamer style. I personally don't feel like I "need it now," but apparently many gamers do. Why else are so many concerned about how it takes several days to get their free Zen?
    And I don't consider people using a large number of leadership toons and "clicking around a web page" for 5 minutes a couple times a day as being "work" (or worse those using scripts).

The way I worded my last sentence/paragraph was not well thought-out. What I meant was that in the real world, you don't get everything you want instantly (like AD farmers want their Zen with limited wait time). It takes time.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Currently the AD farming has resulted in a glut of AD which in turn has led to rising costs.
    Please show me your proof that this is true. Otherwise, this is all conjecture. Besides, simple economics history shows that when a currency is removed or devalued, another will take its place and a rise in crime centered on the old and new currencies will happen. So, by messing with the market in any fundamental way, you're just asking for more exploitation of the system. Instead of the "Grand Utopia" you envision would happen, we'd have more AD Spammers, more scamming, more use of other items as currency (e.g. keys).

It is simple economics that if there's too much money in the market, or even too much money in pockets not being spent, you add things to buy. You stimulate the economy... You don't remove the money itself...

Those are interesting comments coming from a self described casual. And I don't consider people using a large number of leadership toons and "clicking around a web page" for 5 minutes a couple times a day as being "work" (or worse those using scripts).
    You describe a non-casual use of the system as well as then interject exploiters as being casuals, all while being condescending about the casual playstyle. I strongly advise you to step back re-analyze your opinion on this for it is obviously influenced by events caused by non-casual players. Otherwise, you're grasping at straws to condone a system being used by gameplay style when the real issue is not those who are casual players but instead you should be directing your negativity towards those that abuse the system.
    edited July 2014
    The only AD gain I would get is from invoking once/twice a day.

The game is riddled with quick ways to get AD. You get 1K AD per run during the skirmish hour and can easily fit in 5 or 6 runs. Some of the T2 dungeons are fast to run through with a group and can net several epic items which can either be sold on the AH for AD or salvaged. I think what you want is not to play and just get AD. That is like wanting to get money for a job you didn't do.
    The way I worded my last sentence/paragraph was not well thought-out. What I meant was that in the real world, you don't get everything you want instantly (like AD farmers want their Zen with limited wait time). It takes time.

In the real world you can go to a bank and instantly exchange one currency for another. I don't think you want to use the real world as an example.
  • invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    There is a very simple solution to this problem that would allow market economics to work as they should. Either remove the 500AD/Zen cap or drastically raise it.

This does a couple of really cool things:

1. It allows people who spend $$ to buy Zen to get a much larger amount of AD, which would seem to me to be highly desirable for Cryptic.
    2. It reduces AD inflation caused by an infinite AD supply.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Please show me your proof that this is true. Otherwise, this is all conjecture. Besides, simple economics state that when a currency is remove or devalued, another will take its place. So, by messing with the market in any fundamental, you're just asking for more exploitation of the system. Instead of the "Grand Utopia" you envision would happen, we'd have more AD Spammers, more scamming, more use of other items as currency (e.g. keys).

It is simple economics that if there's too much money in the market, or even too much money in pockets not being spent, you add things to buy. You stimulate the economy... You don't remove the money itself...

You describe a non-casual use of the system as well as then interject exploiters as being casuals, all while being condescending about the casual playstyle. I strongly advise you to step back re-analyze your opinion on this for it is obviously influenced by events caused by non-casual players. Otherwise, you're grasping at straws to condone a system being used by gameplay style when the real issue is not those who are casual players but instead you should be directing your negativity towards those that abuse the system.

Zeb, take your time and go to Rothe valley and stand at the campfire for a few minutes (the same goes for Mount Hotenow). You will shortly come to the conclusion, that the majority of "characters" are bots. They all follow the same movement pattern (too hard for them, to script a new path it seems.).

---

They are the very people, who farm items on 20+ accounts 24/7, in order to sell them and effectively ruin what's left of the economy, even further.

---

Go see for yourself.

edited July 2014
    One other thing to point out here about AD generation.

My friend just had his account hacked and 65mil worth of assets stolen and subsequently posted on the AH. Cryptic is going to roll-back his account, but I don't know if they have any way of punishing the perpetrators of the crime. (Btw, my friend is VERY computer savvy...).

Anyway, the upshot is Cryptic is effectively adding 65mil AD of value into the economy out of thin air.

I think this approach by Cryptic is negating any need to nerf leadership AD generation - as it dwarfs it by orders of magnitude.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Zeb, take your time and go to Rothe valley and stand at the campfire for a few minutes (the same goes for Mount Hotenow). You will shortly come to the conclusion, that the majority of "characters" are bots. They all follow the same movement pattern (too hard for them, to script a new path it seems.).

---

They are the very people, who farm items on 20+ accounts 24/7, in order to sell them and effectively ruin what's left of the economy, even further.

---

Go see for yourself.
    Which is no excuse to remove a system from the game because it is abused. If that were the case, we might as well shut down this game and every game ever made.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One other thing to point out here about AD generation.

My friend just had his account hacked and 65mil worth of assets stolen and subsequently posted on the AH. Cryptic is going to roll-back his account, but I don't know if they have any way of punishing the perpetrators of the crime. (Btw, my friend is VERY computer savvy...).

Anyway, the upshot is Cryptic is effectively adding 65mil AD of value into the economy out of thin air.

I think this approach by Cryptic is negating any need to nerf leadership AD generation - as it dwarfs it by orders of magnitude.

Surely they can track the objects that got stolen and the accounts they got transferred to?I was under the impression every object in MMO's has a unique id code associated to it , if not then color me surprised and slightly bewildered lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Umm cuz your broke, I've never had a problem "buying Zen" i think its a little more difficult to trade for it (ZAX).

P.S. i knew what he ment
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Surely they can track the objects that got stolen and the accounts they got transferred to?I was under the impression every object in MMO's has a unique id code assosiated to it , if not then color me surprised and slightly bewildered lol

Can they? I'm quite curious myself.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can they? I'm quite curious myself.

No idea but that is what I have always heard and assumed , I'm curious about it myself now lol.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014

---

---

Go see for yourself.

I've always had this unanswered question: How does one, exactly, create a stack of 99 Rank 5's; all with no refining points in them?